• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy Moonwalk

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is known but I'll put it anyway. Usually I would try and moonwalk but I couldn't do the half circle fast enough or ruin the control stick. I found something that solves both problems. I f you want to moonwalk left easyer, dash right, quickly go left to dd then instead of doing a down half circle tap the control stick south west. If you want to go right vice versa the dd but tap the control stick south east.

Works for me.

pdk

Smash Lord
you just need to use more "haow-ken" death blows and you'll be getting moonwalking down in no time:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
dd = dash dance? Do you mean flicking the control stick left and right? Explain that please

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
hmm and this achieves the same results as the moonwalking shown in the video?

However, from what I've seen the largest moonwalks have been achieved via the circle method.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I haven't tryed it yet, It doesn't matter if its a short cut (and you can't achieve larger moonwalks) if its easier

Smash Apprentice
actually it pretty much does........if you don't get long moonwalks they're kinda useless...a poorly executed moonwalk is not tricky and quite frankly does not allow one to edge-guard any more effectively than a non-moonwalked edge-guard. Anyway since it's mostly to show-off don't you want to be able to do it well? It's like the waveshining turn-around show-off with fox and falco....not very cool if you can't do it fast.

xelad1

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure thats how most people moonwalk, they dd into it first so that you can get the maximum distance. Its much harder to try and moonwalk from a starting position, dding gives you time to do the quarter circle motion, and yes its just like the "haow ken" death blow lol, that would be moonwalking to the right (or youd be jumping right, but facing left i guess).

Oskurito

Smash Lord
actually it pretty much does........if you don't get long moonwalks they're kinda useless...a poorly executed moonwalk is not tricky and quite frankly does not allow one to edge-guard any more effectively than a non-moonwalked edge-guard. Anyway since it's mostly to show-off don't you want to be able to do it well? It's like the waveshining turn-around show-off with fox and falco....not very cool if you can't do it fast.
I guess you're right... >_> Anyway Thanks for that info

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Most people use moonwalks for the momentum for a jump, not for the length of the backwards propulsion on the ground itself.

I do both, if I'm right near the edge I usually moonwalk right off into an edgehog or something. Or off of platforms. But if you need distance, just the momentum is enough, so taking shortcuts is fine.

Smash Apprentice
longer moonwalk means greater momentum............however if you can do well-executed moonwalks with a shortcut then by all means use the shortcut...if that's the case I may even start doing it that way

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i keep trying this but i don't see how this is easier..so you basically just are using diagonal backwards to do it? doesn't that mean that you will only crouch cancel and get partial backwards di? ie much less momentum?

Top Bottom