• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Combo Video - Redefined

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Good work, especially liked the phirana (sp?) plant abuse lol. I think that's the first time i've seen luigi's taunt used for anything, very original.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Far too many of your combos are just lame. Like... Yoshi's dair -> utilt -> dair -> utilt -> bar. Who cares? :p That's like... his bread and butter for people who are learning to r-cancel (*cough* **** you, Matt, you whoore).

There was a cool Pirahna combo with Luigi in one of your videos, but most of it is just kind of pointless. No offense.

What makes a combo really cool is using crazy minute precision stuff that's difficult to even see, like Samus' dash teleport or cancelling the recovery for Link's Up+B by sliding off the edge of a platform.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Far too many of your combos are just lame. Like... Yoshi's dair -> utilt -> dair -> utilt -> bar. Who cares? :p That's like... his bread and butter for people who are learning to r-cancel (*cough* **** you, Matt, you whoore).

There was a cool Pirahna combo with Luigi in one of your videos, but most of it is just kind of pointless. No offense.

What makes a combo really cool is using crazy minute precision stuff that's difficult to even see, like Samus' dash teleport or cancelling the recovery for Link's Up+B by sliding off the edge of a platform.
your obsessed with samus

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Far too many of your combos are just lame...

...most of it is just kind of pointless. No offense.
None taken. I haven't once claimed I can hold a candle to the really great combos out there, and I'm sure a lot of people could do most of the ones in my videos. But as I've said before, I'm in Egypt studying abroad, and sometimes there's not much to do or sometimes I get extremely frustrated with Egypt's inefficiency so I need to smash. But then Egypt pisses me off more with having a spotty internet connection (that I pay for) that can be reset by a passing car in front of my apartment. So I decided to give making a combo video a try and ended up having a lot of fun, so I made four more.

It was fun for me to make these, and it took my mind off of this place, so I would have to disagree that most of it is "just kind of pointless." Sorry you think so, but I'm glad you at least liked the Luigi taunt starter.

By the way, where can I watch a combo with Samus' dash teleport?

-MR

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
nice vid, gj being productive in egypt man.

the mario opener is nice, and i also like the samus combos. sick ****!

slow like

Smash Cadet
those last few mario combos were really rad; his and luigi's recovery is always awesome to see fully utilized.

boomy_power

Smash Rookie
Cool combos...I don't find them dull or pointless at all, since its for FUN, I don't think there can be anything wrong with having some enjoyment and sharing it with others.

I like that last Luigi taunt combo starter, nice and original

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
"By the way, where can I watch a combo with Samus' dash teleport?"

Pssshh... I only wish one existed. But there's a Samus doubles match with Isai and... Park?.. where Isai uses the dash teleport off the edge of the stage and dairs ftw. It. Is. Incredibly sexy. Isai does have a few combos where he cancels the recovery for Link's Up-B by sliding off a platform, though.

"your obsessed with samus"

Yes.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
i wish my opponents moved as little as yours........ id quite like to beat up someone thats stuck in a hospital bed.... thats how you prove your decent right?

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
the noobie game is the one that is pre installed into smash brothers for the "NOOBIES" such as your self. Experiment. go forward.

do you play the computer on level2?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
the noobie game is the one that is pre installed into smash brothers for the "NOOBIES" such as your self. Experiment. go forward.

do you play the computer on level2?
Who the **** plays computers!? U? XD. Btw show me some vids of ur so called skill. Hell even add me on msn cuss meow's gonna keep blocking the threads (No beef on u man, ur just doin ur job)

Add me on msn if u have it

BHLMRO@Hotmail.com

AND SHOW SOME VIDS IF UR "THAT GOOD"

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
But the combo said it wasnt broken. That baffles me. I love yoshi combos nonetheless.
Yeah, Training Mode will do that at times.

lol BHLMRO, I actually am a business person. Hey I'm just going to post those combos I did for that video thing on youtube.

-MR

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
haha not the same person... nice idea though. you guys are quick to spout the word noob when in actual fact iv been playing smash brothers just shy of ten years (with a gap of a couple of years in the middle) also i did until recently have project64 and played on it but my laptop died recently so any chance of an online encounter is unlikely and no you cant see any videos because we dont feel we need anyone elses approval for our playing abilities. obviously you guys on here arent as competitive as we are because harmless banter such as what we were providing has offended you.. for that i apologise. we were merely suggesting a different manner in which to play the game because for years we played the same old way and by experimenting have discovered this to be the most exhilarating way of playing. why not give it a go eh?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've "Given it a go" many times. And it's defiantely not for me. Combos are non existant, you can get away without Z cancelling most of the times because your opponent is sent flying to the other side of the screen, and you don't need any skill to kill someone, as it's only a couple of hits.

And there's a difference between "Suggesting" and saying that it's "The next level". Just like there's a diffeence between "Harmless banter" and actually mocking someone because they're demonstrating combos on training mode.

GREENLINKWORTHING

Smash Rookie
tongue.....cheek?

thank you amy for giving it a chance. unfortunately im unable to play online at the moment as im on a borrowed pooter but as soon as im back up and running ill be more than up for it

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, I thought this was so funny
"obviously you guys on here arent as competitive as we are because harmless banter such as what we were providing has offended you.."

Top Bottom