• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Utah Power Rankings

Gojira

Smash Lord
Mission Statement: The purpose of the Utah Power Rankings is to show OOS smashers the relative skill levels of the Utah smashers and to promote competition and tournament attendance within Utah, especially in the lower ranks and those who aren't in the rankings yet.

Current panelists
-Gojira
-FoxTheStampede
-CREA
-PC
-Xysven

Go ahead and discuss.

BRAWL POWER RANKINGS COMING IN 2008!!!

Team Rankings

You are probably going "brawls not even out yet"

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Active Utah Smashers List

List of Active Utah Smashers
(smashers eligible for Utah Power Rankings)
("active" = 2+ tournaments and 1+ tournament within last 6 months)
Updated: July 27, 2007

Alex
C!Z
Caesar
CdBobo
Chao
Chris (Dr Jones)
Devin
DontStopLaughing
DrGn
Dusda
FoxTheStampede
Gideon
Gojira
Jeyt
KC
Khom
Laozy
Lengeta
Mexi
Pancho
PerfectChaos
RagingAsian
Rafa
Sada
Soto
Xsyven

Total: 26

Total is up +3 since May, even after 2 smashers moving to other states.

If you're not on this list, go to another tournament.
If you're on the list but not on the power rankings, win more. (and wait till the next update)
If you're not on the list but you should be, you used your real name or multiple names and you confused me. Sucks for you. (PM me :p)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
C!Z should be on the list, probably somewhere around 13th or 14th.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I am honored by my placeing, thanks panelists!

DSL, you'd better continue showing up at tournaments, or resign your place at 9th. Bah, nevermind, you won't be in 9th much longer either way. -_^

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Do it. I was going to ask you the same lol

2 tournies should be enough to be eligible for the power rankings. Only 1 more to go for you.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's going to be more than two... I've been to two tournaments, and got fourth last time, even.

Don't forget the southerners. ;)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...there's a space in "Perfect Chaos"! LOL I'm being picky. :chuckle:
And for the names under the list of panelists, "Junpei" should be replaced by "RagingAsian" so that OOS players will know that he's a panelist. I doubt that most of them will know that Junpei=RagingAsian.
Also, I know you left out C!Z because of an error. I'm curious where he'll be placed, so fix the list soon. ;) And with C!Z in the list, getting three more names to fill in the top-20 list won't be hard.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I always take out spaces and expand acronyms in names for rankings, including every tournament ranking we've ever had :p

There are several people missing from the list, and after this next tourney we will (if they come... >_> ) have several new active Utah smashers as well. 20 will be easy

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'm not going to lie, and I don't care if it's spam, but I have a boner. I think we're more sexy now than that "Southern Utah" place. Sorry guys, but power ranking thread is pimp!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm not going to lie, and I don't care if it's spam, but I have a boner. I think we're more sexy now than that "Southern Utah" place. Sorry guys, but power ranking thread is pimp!
Southern Utah is Utah too.

If it wasn't, we'd already have a Sexy Southern Power Ranking thread.

But as I've stated before, St. George is still Utah. It just sucks that we live too far away. I wonder how Texas deals with this sort of thing....

And nice .jpg action.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Umm....wtf are you talking about? We've always been sexier than "Southern Utah".

Oh and I put up a name for the new tournament series.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i seriously think that we should have top 10 instead of 16 or even 20, because it makes for a better competition + Utah has a small number of active smashers.

ciz should be on the list because he's been to too many tourneys and placed pretty high.
southern utah should be on the list because they are da.mn sexy.
i should be 5th because i beat gojira last tourney.

Gojira

Smash Lord
i seriously think that we should have top 10 instead of 16 or even 20, because it makes for a better competition + Utah has a small number of active smashers.

ciz should be on the list because he's been to too many tourneys and placed pretty high.
southern utah should be on the list because they are da.mn sexy.
i should be 5th because i beat gojira last tourney.
Yes ,you beat me last tourney, but this is for junpeis tourney before the most recent, we are doing it by three tourneis at a time now. Mostly everyone i have talked to says i shoudl be placed higher then you phil but, you have been doing very well. when you do good you do good when you do bad you do really bad, we can discuss more on MSN if you would like. Also you are 5th

And about it being top 10 only, that is stupid, why do only top ten?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
you should post the tournament history here too because it'll save a lot of time.

any who....I've placed high the last few tourneys, not to mention i placed 2nd at the 2nd/6th biweekly. also nate's been placing lower than normal at recent tournaments but i dont want to attack anybody so i'll leave it at that.

about my reason for top 10, like nate said.....Read.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
laozy said:
about my reason for top 10, like nate said.....Read.
power rankings post said:
Mission Statement: The purpose of the Utah Power Rankings is to show OOS smashers the relative skill levels of the Utah smashers and to promote competition and tournament attendance within Utah, especially in the lower ranks and those who aren't in the rankings yet.
You don't know what you're talking about. Leave this to those who do.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Doing Power Rankings for the top 20 is crazy hard. In the AZ Power Ranking thread, we originally had that many but there ended up being tons of *****ing, complaining, and more to deal with. Stick with top ten.

Gojira

Smash Lord
you should post the tournament history here too because it'll save a lot of time.

any who....I've placed high the last few tourneys, not to mention i placed 2nd at the 2nd/6th biweekly. also nate's been placing lower than normal at recent tournaments but i dont want to attack anybody so i'll leave it at that.

About my reason for top 10, like nate said.....Read.
Again the last tourney does not count, it will count for the next set of tourneys then based on what happens at the next two you will move up or down. At junpeis tourney, I also placed high (2nd) when you placed rather low, I had to beat Raf then Yamer TWICE. The biweekly that was at my house was pathetic and you cannot count it at all. (7 people) Tourneys are not only based on how high you place, you shoudl know that. Its who you beat to get your placings that plays a huge role as well. And i have also ebaten you in two tourneys berore.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The biweekly that was at my house was pathetic and you cannot count it at all. (7 people)
I wish WE had 7 people... :(

And Junpei, you guys aren't NEARLY as sexy as we are. It's Sexy Southern Utah, not Sexy Southern Smashers. You wouldn't understand. You live up north.

And alsooo, didn't Takalth move to Washington, or something?

Gojira

Smash Lord
Power ranking Changes to come.

Lazoy check the over power rankings hjistory, you need to note i placed top five 3 times before you even showed up in the utah scene. (so you are not quite 5th yet but we will remained tied)

C!iZ is going to be added

the list is being cut to 15

laozy

Smash Journeyman
You don't know what you're talking about. Leave this to those who do.
fts-wow calm down nate..no need to get flamed. i'm just telling you want i think. btw thanks sizzle for backing my idea up.

goji-omg, u act like i never beat u, nate, rafa. + i took second many times...where u did bad. ok ok ok if u like it being tied for 5th....its cool with me.

how bout this....i say top 10, you say top 15....lets make it top 12 or 13. the reason i want lower number is because its a lot easier to manage + for those who are not in the rankings will bust their butts off just to be on the list. thats equals for a far more tougher competition then having 20 people on the list. btw we only have 25 active smashers and having 20 people on the list is ridiculous. the people on the list will be like...."at least i'm not last." comeon guys, get serious.

and i'm not mad, just a little pissed at nate because hes been attacking my ideas.

*THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I WANT TO QUIT SMASH, AND I'M TRYING SO HARD NOT TO.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Why did you make him a panelist if thats how you feel?
I am the one that suggjested Laozy not FTS.

Laozy you do beat me yes, and I have beaten you as well. the record being 2-5 you I also placed top 5 at 4 tournies you did not even attend singles. most the panelists i have talked to says i should either be tied or ahead of you. IN fact your the only one who says i should be below you. IM not mad :p its still the good ol me. you are still pretty new compared to me (attendance wise) wich also plays a factor. I was goign to place you above me until i looked at the complete tourney history.

BTW Laozy, do you have MSN or AIM, we need to have a chat room for meetings.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah guys, I don't want any Utah Smash drama. I think we're all level headed enough to handle things smoothly, but this is why I didn't even bother trying to make the list of panelists, too much stress there. (kudos to panelists)

Laozy, I think your taking the rankings just a little too seriously. Your obviously bias, it IS your own ranking I mean, that's why there's 5 panelists, and in no way on earth is a ranked list going to be completely accurate. Make sure you pwn Gojira every time your up against him, that will assure your above him.

FtS, I think your being harsh, too. Laozy knows what he's talking about just as much as you do. I definatly see you and Gojira as the leads of this community, but that doesn't mean Laozy's opinion is any less valid than your own.

Gojira, I think your handling the thread awesomely. If only you handled your game just as well, you'd be above PC. I'm kidding, PC uses cheat codes, you can't beat those.

I'd personally like to see a list with EVERYONE that's ever played with, and is still somewhat active in, our community. Obviously that will never work, and even if it did it would be so much MORE work, but that's still what I'd like.

Also, for me personally, being on a list inspires me more than not being on one. If it were top 10 and I was 11th, or anywhere not on that list, I'd be much less inclined to move up into it since I have to "make" the list before and "progression" can be made. That's just me though, and I know it's different for other people. I can totally understand the "man, I'm not in the top ten, I've got to get there" type inspeiration, that's just not the way I roll.

I'm also not a panelist, so everything I say and think is null and void. -_^
Keep up the good work!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhh No More Utah Drama....only Japanese Drama

yea, thanks layne for clearing things up.
all i'm doing is posting what i think and hope the panelist work around it.
and i apologize to those who have to read the power ranking drama. but this is what happens when 2 players are real close to each other. just imagine the drama we'll have when 15-20 people is on the list.

any who, for those who have msn .... it's laosta86@hotmail.com
or aim....laozylaosboi
come talk to me.... i'm nice guy:laugh:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Japanese drama?!

ANATA WA DEBU NO INU DESU! KYEEEEEH!

Yeah, that's right. I just called you a chubby dog.

Gojira

Smash Lord
yea, thanks layne for clearing things up.
all i'm doing is posting what i think and hope the panelist work around it.
and i apologize to those who have to read the power ranking drama. but this is what happens when 2 players are real close to each other. just imagine the drama we'll have when 15-20 people is on the list.

any who, for those who have msn .... it's laosta86@hotmail.com
or aim....laozylaosboi
come talk to me.... i'm nice guy:laugh:
See you learning sorta :p Thanks for the MSN now al panelists have MSN

laozy

Smash Journeyman
this thread has gotten a little quiet sooooo
we should set a time and date for the panelist to meet/chat/discuss.

and watashi wa debu inu o tabemasu :)

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
Just like Layne: I think being on the list is more of a motivation than not being on the list.

And, just like Layne, I realize I'm not a panelist.

AND I realize that the more people on the list the the harder to manage it becomes.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for all the work... and the rank.

C!Z

Smash Lord
God Dammit why haven't I been added yet!? There's been more than enough time for me to be added. Anyways whatever place I'm in won't last I'll be moving up every tourney. I'm with Phil's ideas! :chuckle:

lengeta

Smash Ace
It's a panel of 5 people that all have to come to one final, unanimous conclusion, and it will most likely only take place after a fresh tourny the majority of the time. Calm down C!Z, it's not the end of the world or anything. People have things to do, and they've been working on getting a meeting together. You're going to be added, it's been said several times, and everyone knows you belong up there. Relax.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Hmm well I guess you don't know me very well Lengeta but I'm just messing around. I'm just givin those guys crap so they'll get off their butts and do the damm thing ya know :)

Gojira

Smash Lord
Hmm well I guess you don't know me very well Lengeta but I'm just messing around. I'm just givin those guys crap so they'll get off their butts and do the damm thing ya know :)
You cant really get off your but becasue you have to sit in front of a computer and type.

The list will be updated after this tourney but only to include C!Z. An actual update WILL take place two tourneys from now. I am going to get meetign together soon but most likely after the two tourneys from now.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Gojira said:
You cant really get off your but becasue you have to sit in front of a computer and type.
Ouch, smoke.
And yeah, sorry C!Z, internet sarcasm is high-level advance play, so I'm only okay at it, not pro. I also don't think I've met you in person yet. So yeah, bold, red lettering 'n all made it sound like you were getting overly pissed, glad you weren't. Gojira's usless anyway, it only took him, what, 8 years to get the power rankings up? -_^

Top Bottom