• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Additional 12 hour wait for Info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepe

Smash Lord
It has been confirmed that the Nintendo of Japan site states that smashbros.com will be opened on May 22 after noon. We have to wait an additional 12 hours minimum after the time smashbros.com updated every day this week...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n00/index.html

Seems Sakurai will wait until midday in Japan to release the info so his people are awake during the grand opening. It looks like we will be getting a "0 days" on the Smash site tomorrow...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sad but apparently true. Makes sense, though. You don't want your huge commercial explosion to be on while good kids should be in bed. Or in school, depending on where you live.

On the other hand, that way it'll start at a time when the rest of the world should be in bed... hehe. Evil!

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
I hope not...

btw, when will it open if I live in Hawaii? thanks

I asked this like 3 times but no one answers... :(

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
There are some who claim that the Nintendo of Japan site states that smashbros.com will be opened on May 22 after noon. We might have to wait an additional 12 hours if this is true...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n00/index.html

It seems very likely that Sakurai will wait until midday in Japan to release the info. Is there anyone who can read Japanese that can verify this? It looks like we might be getting a "0 days" on the Smash site tomorrow...
someone call SamuraiPanda!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I hope not...

Just google how much your time differs from japans and you'll get your answer.

Nevermind, just read the guy's message.

Kimarhi Ronso
Posted 5/20/2007 2:28:07 PM
message detail The thing on Nintendo's news does say afternoon / PM on the 22nd. And yes, I can read it.

Meh, an extra 12 hours won't kill. Makes sense at least, why release the site when it's the dead of night for your own country, lol.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Kimhari of GameFaqs translated it... it's true.

Yup. I hate when people think Samurai is the only one who knows Japenese.

And Chepe, good job for giving everyone the heads up. There will still be a ton of N00bs asking what the hell happened though.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I hope not...

Put in google something like this:
What time is it in Japan?
And it should tell you, well the time. Calculate how many hours ahead or behind of you is their time and voila!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
so basically it has been pushed back twelve hours:mad: i guess on the bright side it is good news that I won't have to miss out while i'm at school

Chepe

Smash Lord
I would have tried to catch the Panda's attention if hadnt known that he is currently in Japan, inconveniently located away from Computer access...

Hmm, so this is apparently true? Well peeps, if you were waiting for info at a certain time AM, just switch the time to PM and there you go...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Mhmm. Chepe, you should change the title from a question mark to a period. I think we have enough eveidence to call this one true.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Eh, it's 12 hrs. It's not like we'll be waiting for a whole effing week for news.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where are we getting this 12 hour wait from?

If I'm getting this correctly, you're saying that they have been updating the site at midnight on every day, meaning that for us on the east coast, it's about 11am every day.

So you;re saying they'll wait until midday and not midnight, meaning it will be more like midnight tomorrow here, correct?

That makes sense, since it would be after the event.
I don't know, I'll just wait and see.

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
Dang, seems kinda odd that they'd make the counter trigger for midnight rather then noon for the previous days though.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Put in google something like this:
What time is it in Japan?
And it should tell you, well the time. Calculate how many hours ahead or behind of you is their time and voila!
Ok thanks, I got it I think..

So, if I am right, us in Hawaii should get the news at around 5-6:00 pm.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Where are we getting this 12 hour wait from?

If I'm getting this correctly, you're saying that they have been updating the site at midnight on every day, meaning that for us on the east coast, it's about 11am every day.

So you;re saying they'll wait until midday and not midnight, meaning it will be more like midnight tomorrow here, correct?

That makes sense, since it would be after the event.
I don't know, I'll just wait and see.

Yup. You figured it out for yourself. I can understand why you'd want confirmation though.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sorry for being a newb, but I really dont know how to edit thread titles. Anyone tell me how?

WR3K

Smash Ace
jesus...... i was looking forward to checking it after school tomarrow (around 5 pm for me in germany, but im not german im an american living here right now)

now i have to wait TUESDAY..... ****it...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sorry for being a newb, but I really dont know how to edit thread titles. Anyone tell me how?
Actually, now that I think about it, I recall that only mods can change thread titles, so don't worry about it.

The Director

Smash Lord
Ha! Now the ball's in my court!

Looks like all us dead lazy bum college students who don't get up until 2 PM will wake up to news tomorrow! :p

Whateves. We're still getting it tomorrow, so let's just stop *****in' and play some Smash to pass the time.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I have a very limited knowledge of the Japanese language and I can confirm that the site indeed says that the dojo will be upgraded "in the afternoon".

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
y'know.
Maybe Sakurai will update the America site at the usual time he always updates the counter, and then update the japanese time in the afternoon.

Therefore everyone is happy.

Chepe

Smash Lord
No point. Sakurai would open the Japanese section of the site before the English one, if he were to do it at different times...

Sakurai wont screw his own people by letting them see only pictures for 12+ hours...

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
wait, I think I got this fizzled out.

If it's Midnight here it's Noon in Japan right?
and everyone everywhere already knows it's 1 Day away.
Would'nt that mean tonight at midnight the site updates?

Tera253

Smash Ace
I hope not...

Hawaii is 3 hours befre MST, and if it's midnight in Japan, it's 9:00 where all the cool people live (that's the mountain states for all of you west/east coasties)
yes, that's right. since there are so few people here, we are the cool ones.

anyhoot, 9-3=6, so it'd be 6:00 AM in Hawaii. Tera would jsut be waking up to get ready to go to her eraly morning class ("0 hour") at school.

If, however, it's 12 hours later, then Tera will just be getting out of Wendy's.
~Tera253~

EDIT: scratch that. Tera just thought of something.
*goes to post it*

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
wait, I think I got this fizzled out.

If it's Midnight here it's Noon in Japan right?
and everyone everywhere already knows it's 1 Day away.
Would'nt that mean tonight at midnight the site updates?
Japanese site says afternoon on 5/22, which is tuesday.... which starts approximately midnight (11 PM actually) eastern time tomorrow night.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah, we're looking at an 11PM update for us east coasties. (Sorry Tera. Clearly you've never spent much time in the bigg apple.)

I don't mind. We've waited this long, we can all wait a little bit longer.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
O well, I can be lazy and sleep in til 8 AM instead of beinglike "zomg smash is teh best evr. dat was craze", and random stuff like that=yae! 8 PM is just so much better, and 12 Noon is so much beter for Japan, almost everyone is happy (except maybe Europe).

pesticide

Smash Lord
Yeah, we're looking at an 11PM update for us east coasties. (Sorry Tera. Clearly you've never spent much time in the bigg apple.)

I don't mind. We've waited this long, we can all wait a little bit longer.
so, that means that if we're on the EC, then tomorrow at 11pm the site will update? or is it tonight at 11pm?

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
So when will the site update? 11 pm tonight? 11 pm monday? 11 pm tuesday?
EDIT: posted before Mr. GAW answered...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ Only at 11 if you're on the East Coast. Everywhere else will have a different time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom