• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon´s fair=heavily weakened in PAL(updated with HRC distances!)

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
I did a little research about the big guys fair because i found his fair not nearly as powerful in PAL as it is in NTSC.

In NTSC his fair rivals falcons knee but in PAL it doesn´t even come close to the knee´s power.

In Pal, it sends Falco at 100% before the hit about 1 1/2 final destination length and it sends a bit less than 2 final destinations in NTSC(no DI)

So here is how i measured its power:

Falco´s first scream from the fair starts at: NTSC 26% and PAL 43%
Falco´s second scream from the fair starts at: NTSC 111% and PAL 128%

Here is a little video i made to show it in action :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ZSZNEt8io

Sooooooo if you have played NTSC ganon and try the PAL version, prepare to be disappointed. Trust me... it really sucks compared to the NTSC

Edit: ok, i tested it in HRC, i upsmashed the bag once(fully charged) so it had 53% and then faired it.

PAL:22,9 metres =approximetly 75 ft.
NTSC:110,8 ft.

Now that is a BIG change

I hate PAL :( ;(

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I don't think your way to calculate the knockback is good. Try it in home run contest at verious % and see by yourself.

Because honestly, ganon's fair doesn't rival CF's knee in NTSC, the fair can be DIed much more.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
pkmvodka is right, Ganon's F-air may be nerfed in PAL, but it is definitely not comparable to the knee in NTSC.

Seems like this would be a strange thing to nerf though.

Banned via Administration
it got nerfed cuz it was amazing with noobs. i remember years back when i played this game like a scrub. my friends ganondorf was a force to be reckoned with with that fair. hal doesnt balance based on smashboards, they do it based off backyard melee.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
I don't think your way to calculate the knockback is good. Try it in home run contest at verious % and see by yourself.

Because honestly, ganon's fair doesn't rival CF's knee in NTSC, the fair can be DIed much more.
It definetly got nerved, seeing as the scream percentages aren't nearly the same. The knee is more powerful but ganon's fair comes close.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it's hardly useless as it still has that low-end clout, but it simply doesn't KO anymore.
on the other hand, in pal ganon can chaingrab sheik more than she can on him :grin:

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
i refuse to believe that anything of ganondorf's can be weakened so this thread is obviously fake and i just hope that ganondorf doesnt get mad that you called his fair weak.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, F-air did get nerfed in PAL somewhat. It still does 17%, but has somewhat weaker send.

As for why they'd nerf this and not Marth's attacks is anyone's guess.

Magus420

Smash Master
Both Marth and Falco's d-airs got "nerfed". Marth's -> meteor-cancellable; Falco's -> still unable to be cancelled but only near the beginning of it (not that big of a deal really though).

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
falco's isnt nerfed... its exactly the same unless you really screw up the timing, in which case it send you at some hideous sideways angle.
so in a way, its kinda better in pal, cos in ntsc you could meteor the very end, whereas in pal, unless you're samus you're gonna die anyway.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was more or less referring to Marth's fsmash. Marth's dair is now ridiculously easy to combo with on the stage since it sends straight down/up.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
umm it always did the same on the stage...
the fact its a meteor only affects when you're spiked off the edge
and youre getting comboed by that? its really laggy, even l canceled. the fair/nairs his main combo moves
and the forward smash, tho fast, is easy to exploit if you dodge/ sheild one, because of the also quite long lag.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Marths D-air on a grounded opponent sends him at similar angle as falcos spike does on a grounded opponent in NTSC and straight up in PAL.

But still, it can set up a tipper but i think you can also land a tipper with the NTSC spike. at higher percentages though, they will fly straight up and you can usually uair them for the kill. that is much harder in NTSC.

Magus420

Smash Master
Approach with Marth's shorthop d-air!

No. My best guess would be out of shield to punish someone's lag when behind you or something. Though there's a somewhat small difference between moves with strictly vertical and almost vertical knockbacks, there's a big difference in comboability when DIed away. Somewhat slow l-cancel or not, meteors/spikes when used on grounded opponents generally have lots of stun time compared to the distance they actually travel, so yes it's pretty easy to combo off of, especially when DIing away doesn't get you nearly as far away as it would on angled knockbacks.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Properly SHFFL'd dairs from Marth are actually quite safe.

As far as the angle making a difference, it's huge. Try doing HRC with Marth on NTSC, then go to PAL and see how much more damage you can rack up. It's a cinch since it sends straight up/down instead of outwards. We're not really talking about Marth, though.

What I meant was, Ganon's fair was nerfed primarily because it was too powerful at low damage. I don't see why they'd do that yet leave Marth's fsmash untouched, because it's capable of far lower % KOs.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah but Ganon's 'G-Unit' aka 'FedEx' aka 'Wang Chung' aka 'Tip-of-the-D***' aka 'Crotch Hit' aka 'Side hit of the U-Smash' has more knockback and is capable of even lower % KOs than Marth's F-Smash.

Go Ganon! :bigthumbu

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Marth is broken lol :p

i´m just kidding, but magus where do all these names of ganon´s upsmash come from? :S FedEx? G-Unit? Wang Chung? lololol

Top Bottom