• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible brawl info(i.e release date) from nintendo summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
This is unconfirmed, but a lot of info surfaced about the nintendo summit. The stuff pertaining to brawl was:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
# Release Date: 11/12/2007
# Press were allowed to play a single level, with Wi-Fi and a new character shown – “looks stunning, plays like a dream.”
# Uses GameCube controller/classic controller or the Wii Remote/Nunchuck.
# Using the Wii remote/nunchuck, players can increase strength (presumably smash) by moving the remove in the direction of attack, with extra jump if players move the Wii-remote up in sync.
# Report suggests these moves feel tacked on.

source-cubed3.com

remember, this is by no means confirmed, but it's plausible.
The stuff pertaining to other games and the Wii itself is in the Wii topic in the lighthouse.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
lies i tell u lies!!!

embargos ended last friday, wouldnt this be absolutly everywhere?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I find it kind of unlikely, if a new character was shown, the embargo lifted on friday so it would've been all over the place by now... Also a few sites confirmed that Brawl wasn't there, I thought.

Definitely plausable info, though. Time will tell if it's real.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
you guys are both wrong.

they lifted the embargo on some info, but anything pertaining to brawl and corruption is still under embargo.

so we have to wait until the E3 press release in...i think it's july? lemme check,

and this info was originally posted on gametrailers and neoGaf from people who say they were at the summit.

icymatt

Smash Lord
While this part seems plausible, there are certain other parts of the same rumor that completely destroy the credibility of the whole thing.

Vali

Smash Ace
Fake. Definitely fake. They aren't going to ruin Brawl with "tacked on motion controls". The fact that every reliable media source confirms that Brawl wasn't there just goes to put the last nail in the coffin of this information.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah what makes it even worse was that i went back to check the original post. Each post on the two forums said it originated ont eh other forums. The one on gametrailers just got deleted by a mod who's saying he's the same guy on both forums.

D: oh well.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Oh man. Brawl hysteria is in full force. I got so excited when I saw "Brawl Info". It all did sound pretty plausible...

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
"# Using the Wii remote/nunchuck, players can increase strength (presumably smash) by moving the remove in the direction of attack, with extra jump if players move the Wii-remote up in sync."

There's also an inconsistency with the first occurrance of "Wii remote" and then "Wii-remote," the blurb after the first comma makes no sense, nor does the last bit.

*grins because he just nailed the nail further*

Sariku

Smash Master
I can believe everything in here but two things. The Release Date, and the Motion Sensativity. I think it will use the WiiMote and all, but not with Motion Sencing.

If the Release Date was announced, it would appear on Smash Bros.Com...

HOLY CRUD!!! ITS ON IT!!!

Not.. so don't believe it.

Sariku

Smash Master
I reading that rumor when I was web surfing. This one could of been belivable if it weren't for that Zelda BS at the end of the report.
Yes, that very last bit at the end.
Anyways, if you guys can give me a minute, I wouldnt mind if you could give me some feedback on the .:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. I'm working on with Scav's Overview. Please read atleast a little of it, and comment in that thread and say how you think.

Also be sure to Vote for it, and subscribe.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
fake
it was confirmed that we would have to wait until E3 for more brawl info
@sariku.uchiha you almost gave me a heart attack with the "holy crud" thing :laugh:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Alright...

The Nintendo Media Summit consisted of two days. One for online media who's info was for summer releases and was embargoed until last Friday and the other for print media so they could release info about stuff that Nintendo wanted to be revealed later (like MP3 info). That's the event this rumor is based on.

That said, I don't believe it much, either. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom