• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Islander Cards & Comics Tournament - ICCT1 - Saturday, June 9th

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Dguy and Islander Cards and Comics presents : ICCT1

Greetings Florida. Gigabits is Central Florida's main tourney avenue. They are always successful and everyone always has a great time. However, some people need/want more Smash than once a month. Hiroshi's Inet Gamerz Tourney was incredibly successful, unfortunately it is not possible for him to have that every single month. I have spoken with the owner of a local comic shop and he is willing to let me run tourneys on a regular basis every month. This would allow everyone to have two central Florida tourneys a month minimum, with the possibility of three when including Inet.

Where:

Islander Cards & Comics
2096 North Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island, FL 32953

The building is in a small shopping plaza near a local church. The building itself is a bit smaller than the Gigabits building, but it is large enough for 20-30 people, so an average sized turnout is expected.

Refreshments are sold in store. There are plenty of places to eat in the area. Mcdonalds, Burger King, Checkers, Wendys, Pizza Hut, ect...

When:

Saturday, June 9th, 2007
Registration starts at 10AM. Doubles will begin at 11AM. Singles will start one hour after doubles finishes.

Prices:

The owner only wants to take out 15% of the pot. I figured that we could do 1st place 60%, 2nd place 30%, and 3rd place 10% of the remaining pot. If enough people want it a different way, we could do that. It doesn't matter to me.

2v2 $20 per team
1v1 $15 per person

Rules:

standard mlg ruleset...same ruleset as gigabits...BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)!

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isn't banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages: you know what stages are banned

Attendance:

1. Dguy
2. Ecky X
3. Kram
4. Angry Lobster
5. Vision
6. RFX
7. Jarlaxx
8-16+ Random locals
17. Mankosuki
18. Vericz
19. Otru
20. Nicholas.Riddle?
21. Col Bol
22. Ted Boosley
23. Ihatethecape?
24. Raistlin?
25. Fenrir
26. Derf?
27. Bob Hazzard
28. Exarch?
29. SideEffect?

TVs:

ICC - 3
Dguy - 1
RFX - 1
Ecky X - 1
_______
_______
_______
_______
Total: 6
We need TVs!

Gamecubes:

Dguy - 1
Angry Lobster - 3
Vericz - 1 (Singles Only)
Ecky X - 1
_______
_______
_______
_______
Total: 6
We need Gamecubes!

You guys can reach me as follows:

AIM - Dguy6789
Email - Dguy6789@yahoo.com
Home phone - 321-745-2359 (Ask for Dave if I don't pick up)

You can reach the comic shop at 321-452-4225. The owner's name is Wilson Little.

Questions, comments, and recommendations are very welcome. This will be the first tournament that I am running and I definitely want it to be a hit. It would be really awesome if CFL could have this many tourneys happening on a regular basis as this way, if someone can't make a Gigabits, they don't have to wait a whole month to play some Smash. I am counting on you guys to help make this a success.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
1st post!!!..i popped your threads cherry!!! Wow, this threads format does look a little familiar. I wonder where i could have possibly seen this format used before. Hmmm, i guess i'll never know, lol... Anyways, its cool that you are also helping out the CFL scene but it's too bad i can't attend it since I will be in New York. Good Luck to you though...peace

-hiroshi

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll try yo make it.

I'm going to see if I can change my availability at work to have all saturdays off.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Alright, cool. This tourney will be really awesome if we can get decent attendance. Everyone, be sure to mention if you are bringing a cube and or a tv or not. Even if you don't bring a tv, you can still bring a cube.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Melbourne will be there, already asked off for this. I expect people from O-town to make it to this! :)

Oh yeah, melbourne has a total of 3 cubes, and a wii; although only one of the cubes are mine. I'll talk to the other guys about bringing theirs

vericz

Smash Champion
Merritt Island is farther than I expected . . . Since Hiroshi won't be here June 9th we will have to talk to Zoro about driving but I don't think he would want to drive an hour out there :( but we will have to see.

If by some chance we are able to go I would need a teammate since Brian is leaving for NY :)

EDIT!!!:: Just realized you guys are right above cocoa beach. . .how far are you guys from the Ron Jon surf shop out there if you know where it's at, or how far are you from cocoa beach????

vericz

Smash Champion
I agree it's nothing but his parents are real strict with him using the car to travel too far, but anyway my chances of going are 95% now :) Since you guys are so close to the surf shop I told my girlfriend and she agreed she would drive out there with me and her friend and then they will head for the beach. This means unless danny has no work I'll be the only WATO guy there and I will also have no teammate. . .anyone willing to team with me :)
Maybe OTRU if you got no partner ???????? :)

EDIT- As for the prize payout, take out the 15% first then distribute the money 60/30/10. That way he will have his percentage and the pot can split more fair between top 3. Also since you said the shop will not be that big will there be a cutoff to how many people can come?? Hopefully not because all those locals might not attend they are maybes. And for time what time does the shop open/close so we can know the approximate amount of hours we have.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Your idea for placing sounds excellent. There will be no cutoff for people attending. We will find a way to make everyone fit. If everyone can't fit for some reason, they can chill outside until it is their turn ;)

The shop opens at 11AM and closes at 8PM, however the tourney times are not final. I still have to talk to the owner and see if he is willing to bend his regular hours for the tourney.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If I make any money at Seibrik's tournament, I'll go to this. If I go, I'll bring a Wii and possibly a television.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Nice to see that you may be coming Ted. This tourney may end up having a good amount of locals, perhaps more locals than us. Hype ++

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm definitely coming to this with my brother, and probably the other members of my crew. SWORD MANS WILL TAKE TEAMS (unless space animals eat us along the way, it always happens) :(

vericz

Smash Champion
our attendance isnt lookin good, we dont have a ride :s
:( that sucks, I'll need a teams partner. . . anyone interested???? I can play falco goods :p and also DK :chuckle:

Hopefully you can bring in a lot of locals to get them more into the game and have a bigger attendance. Here in Kissimmee we found 4 smashers that got really good after playing their 1st tourney, now they come with us all the time :)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about coming to this, but I'm already attending the next gigabits and Pound 2 in June, so I don't know if my crew will be up for coming as well. I'll talk to them about, though.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The more people, the better. I want this tourney to be as awesome as possible. I know a decent number of the locals and some of them are not too shabby.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Trying to get Seibrik and Rexx interested in this. I can't make it without some gas money from them...u.u

BobHazzard

Smash Rookie
Count me in for this one; so long as someone covers my shift.

Hah, first post. I play a Luigi and a Doc; some of you may know me. For all others that dont, you will. Im finally putting my name onto the forums; after watching for months on end now. Expect to hear plenty from me in the near future all across the boards.

Top Bottom