• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Cancelling - Slide of Hand

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Can you say "possible shift of metagame"?

I know this is slightly known but now that it has its own video Im sure it will be used more. We might even see the tiers change by next year. O_O

Eggz

Smash Hero
Can you say "possible shift of metagame"?

I know this is slightly known but now that it has its own video Im sure it will be used more. We might even see the tiers change by next year. O_O
LoL............I'm sure pikachus will start side Bing back and forth on a platform and Mew2King will just explode and automatically lose. Yaaaaah.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
LoL............I'm sure pikachus will start side Bing back and forth on a platform and Mew2King will just explode and automatically lose. Yaaaaah.
I love your sarcasm. But seriously think of the combo's! Double Fairs off platforms from shieks will be made more frequently if this spreads. The Double Dairs with falco are already used. But Im sure lower tier characters with good aerials will benefit from this technique.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
[sarcasm]
None of that made sense.

I mean, first, i was distracted by the Odin Sphere ad on the side of my screen ( :) )

Then all i hear is 9000!!!!!!!!!

Then i see fox just warping back and forth.

Then i hear somethin about some freckles.

i'm so confusedededededededed
[/sarcasm]

Oh, and youtube was down when I tried to load it. That completely blew my mind too.

That was good, though. Quick, useful, and witty.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Awesome job Phanna. My friends and I were thinking of doing a vid kinda like this with a bunch of tricks different characters can do on different stages. I guess you beat us on the edge-canceling part.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Thanks everyone. I'm working on Phanna Phunner right now by the way, featuring a few more interesting edge-cancels, 4 new terrain-dependant up-b cancels (mario / luigi / marth / roy), some Samus tricks, and whatever else I muster up.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Your vids are always entertaining/cool to watch, good luck with your next vid.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I never thought to develop this, though i've used this for a few things.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
edge canceling is so fun, i decided to do it with link for my vid since it's much more noticable.

you're still a beast at smash.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if someone already said this but what if you used this on one edge and just kept DI-ing back while doing something like ganons dair or something like that?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
wait...I may be missing something. what button(s) do you press to do it. it just says to slide your hand...

...by the way W.Jr your pics have scared me for life.

Top Bottom