• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Cities Bi-Weeklies! Next Bi-weekly June 19th

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Alright, it's about time Wisconsin got some sort of regular form of playing down. I will be hosting regular bi-weekly tournments/smashfest every other tuesday, from 10-6 at Chimeras.

I know for sure that all of the Appleton people will be coming on a regular basis. (Me, puff, heath, TOYC, PIG and DosDos) As well as spikes once in a while, and even BH from time to time, whether anyone else comes is up to them, but this will be a great way for newer players to get better, and veteran players to get experience of playing other strong players.

I'm aiming at having friendlies for the first 4 hours, and then a tournament for the last 4. The tourney could be a low tier, singles for 2 dollars entry, or teams for 4 dollar entry. Either way, it would be a small tourney, to give people an opportunity to compete, so they can get a feel for competative smash. The address for Chimeras is below.

700 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Appleton, WI 54914
920-735-1201

It would be nice to have 3 set ups at each bi-weekly, I can bring one, but it's up to you guys to bring others. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
It's fortunate I'm working nights this summer, so I should be able to make it to quite a few of these! It'll be good to get to play against some of the Wisconsin smash community more than like two tournaments a year.

Plus practice against fast characters like Sheik is always good...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5 HANDSOME JETT 5!

I may be quitting my weekend job so WHO KNOWS, mayhaps I can go to one of these? The tournament portion of EVERY single freaking smash fest though sounds lame, hence the mayhaps at coming to these. Why not one every few weeks. Coming from a serious standpoint, I don't want to be all intense and zomg gotta win gotta win every time there's a Smash get-together.... in Appleton. Friendlies will help you get better, tournaments can get stressful.

Hey, I created a new crew. It is called the CCC. It means Chair (aka a nest chair, papasan, egg chair) Crusher's Crew.

TOYC

Smash Cadet
What!!!! Since When Is Tuesday Not The Weekend!!!! Where Was I When They Made This Announcement!!!!

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
It was announced a long time ago, yeah, seriously. I'll prolly come, but the CCC is a good idea, hmm papasan's, they're cool, but not broken, not cool, ask JS, have fun, be cool, stay safe, and dont drink, drive, and text.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We don't have to have tournaments every time, they were just a toss up, but I would like to have something every other bi-weekly. So who can all make this?

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, I should be able to be there on the 19th at least. :)

Xtra

Smash Ace
im game every now n then. but yeah every 2 weeks....common this is wisconsin. the player tournout would drop i would think if it was every 2 weeks. but yeah....

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I heard Tapion does like cats...... well 2 seperate videos (of course JS's was better... i mean =)) Also, I should be the next featured smasher........ or bing bing

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Alright plan is I'll be there at 12, since lone can't be there. If people feel like showing up please do so around or after 12... I can bring a TV, but i'll need someone to cube it for the full setup. other people should also bring setups.

zack152

Smash Journeyman
heya, havent posted in a while, is it the first and third tuesday of every month or the second nd last tuesday??? so like is there one today?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I guess it should say somewhere in this thread that the bi-weeklies were actually canceled, and turned into Take It!

There's a tourney this Friday...

Top Bottom