• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

phanna vs ÜberIce - Southern Middle Tier Showdown!

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Friendly set we recorded yesterday:

Samus vs Ice Climbers
• Match 1
• Match 2
• Match 3

We both make some errors throughout, but all in all it was a very engaging set, full of excitement and intrigue.

I hope you enjoy this hot threesome (2 women = not gay).

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Phanna, the vast majority of the time I grab Nana or Popo with the other nearby I get punished for it. I've got no problems grabbing one if the other is farther away or occupied (say, if they've just landed with the squall trying to recover). Anything in particular you're doing that I'm not picking up on that makes it work better?

EDIT: Also, can't see the third video. "...removed by the user."

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked em :)

Phanna, the vast majority of the time I grab Nana or Popo with the other nearby I get punished for it. I've got no problems grabbing one if the other is farther away or occupied (say, if they've just landed with the squall trying to recover). Anything in particular you're doing that I'm not picking up on that makes it work better?

EDIT: Also, can't see the third video. "...removed by the user."
Oh yeah thanks for the heads-up -- YouTube never made the 3rd video "public" even after 24 hours so I got bored, deleted it, and re-uploaded it but didn't update the proper URL when I made this thread. I fixed that now ~

As for grabing, if you chase a missile at the right time, if they spot-dodge they'll either get grabbed or missiled, if they stay in shield they'll get grabbed, and if they jump they'll get hit by the missile. Pretty much the only good punish icies can do that we know of is to have Popo roll right as Nana gets grabbed and dsmash Samus to avoid getting hit with the dthrow. The missile -> grab works really well against icies though, as you can tell.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Still looks awesome. Your first match stood out to me, thought you did great, same for uberice too. Many props to you, because I generally find IC difficult.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wow I gotta say those were some of the most entertaining samus vids I've ever seen.

Phanna you are amazing, I hope I get to play you some day. Are you going to FC this summer? If so we really need to do a Samus ditto, MM if you'd like.

I'm a huge HugS fan and friend, but I play a little more on the Wes style.

Who were your biggest inspirations as a samus main?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Who were your biggest inspirations as a samus main?
I played random up until last summer, and kind of felt my own way around every character, but of course Smashboards, my Samus buddy Rohins, and Samus videos already out there impacted how well I learned Samus and her techniques, as well as what I came up with for myself. The reason I picked Samus as a main over other characters was the breadth and depth of the tricks you could do with her. Ness was the other character I considered at the time.

As for FC, I was really hoping to, but since I just got my job out of college, I'm not sure I'll be able to get the 2 and a half days off that I'd need... we'll see though, I'm really hoping I can. Everyone should come down to LTEC on July 7th, it's in Gainesville Florida and part of the Southern Circuit, filled to the brim with talent.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
gosh how is it that you tech skills are AMAZING but you still lose???
oh well :ohwell:

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Phanna if you're ever in NYC ^_~ Samus ditto. My friend D1 played you, idk if you remember him but yah just mentioning. Good stuffz

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF who the **** was on my name???

Oh btw I'll watch these in a bit...I bet it was Ang since I logged on at his house!!!

>_>

Oh and Dave tomorrow I'm having a smashfest with Green Mario, XIF, Linguini, possibly the 3 bros. and possibly Coza/Loserlad....if you or Ang are interested in coming just tell me!!!

It's in preperation for pound 2...we're flying out Friday!!!

:colorful:

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
I love watching people who are awesome with Samus. You and HugS never fail to disappoint. ^_^

Awesome, awesome matches!

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Nice nice. As always, beautiful playing, though maybe too much phanciness and not enough practicality. Enjoyed the videos nonetheless.

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
Just asking to improve my samus vs IC's game :
1 Why do you use ledge uncharged shots instead of ledge missles?
2 Does fair really work that well?
3 Why didn't you sweetspot the ledge sometimes?
4 What's up with the messing up SWD's, mindgame?

Anyways, great matches, there was some great samus DI and popo mindgaming involved, at least from my point of view.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Samus completely counters ICs...so Phanna losing or going even is not so impressive. Ueber-Ice did very well, however.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Regardless if that's the case or not, Samus isn't a "complete counter". You maining ICs doesn't make you any less stupid, clarify your statement rather than stating another character that is a worse matchup for ICs than Samus.

Renth

Smash Hero
Regardless if that's the case or not, Samus isn't a "complete counter". You maining ICs doesn't make you any less stupid, clarify your statement rather than stating another character that is a worse matchup for ICs than Samus.
:laugh: he's from mississippi who cares

Stop before I give out warnings or bans, if it comes to that.
Vids weren't bad btw, I only watched the first one because the others look pretty long. Also, not the most entertaining match up, lol.

Top Bottom