• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phanna Phunner: Edge Cancels, Up-B Cancels, Platform Cancels

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Phanna Phunner:
- YouTube
- FileFront

This is the last video I think I'll be making until Brawl comes out (Can't wait >.<). It's the non-Samus sequel of Phanna Phun

It starts off with a few more interesting edge-cancels, see my previous videos, phannatic and phannacies for more.

Next is Luigi's, Mario's, Marth's, Roy's, and Samus' Up-B cancels, which require them to lose their standing as they start the move. The greatest value of knowing about these is to avoid getting caught off-guard when recovering when this happens.

And continuing the pattern of cancelling, I show all the drop-through platform cancels I know about:

• luigi's neutral air
• luigi's back air
• yoshi's up air
• falco's back air
• samus' neutral air
• sheik's neutral air
• link's neutral air
• link's up air
• young link's neutral air
• marth's forward air
• mario's neutral air

To do this, you just have to hit someone (or someone's shield) with the move as you drop through a platform (no midair). L-cancelling further reduces lag for these moves, and some are harder than others.

Lastly, I think any Samus can appreciate the knowledge that Samus can edge-hop nairs.

As always, I hope you find the video entertaining, interesting, or stimulating :)

Renth

Smash Hero
you have way too much fun making these silly little videos good shizz as always phanna.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Agreed. Excellent videos phanna once again. It's always fun and interesting to see people take their knowledge of the game to new levels.

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
You need to at least make one last video... named "phancakes"...because that would be hilarious. But, whatever, Brawl will come soon (I hope)

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Nice stuff Phanna, I've spent a good amount of time practicing this.
I hate how people think every time I pull it off they go "Whoa that was fluked"

But I got one question for you though.

With sheik on dreamland platform I once had my needles charged released them onto the enemy, and instantly platform dropped into a f-air (And I mean almost both moves at the SAME time) I think I needle canceled then platform dropped?

spKz

Smash Ace
Really nice, I was actually going to have that on Pokémon Stadium and Battlefield in my next video, I might only do the Battlefield one now (it's harder to do his mid-length phantasm over those platforms, the full-length one is just as easy of course). Nice vid for sure though, good execution :)
thanks man, i got loads of other that i aint recorded, one i do ill send them your way ^__^ edge master :p

Top Bottom