• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which of these characters would you like to see in Brawl?

Which of these would you like to see in Brawl?

• Total voters

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
Simple question, yet many things to explain.

Vote based on whether or not you'd want to play as them and see them as opponents.

I know I forgot X character. Post it here, maybe I'll make a future poll with the choices I missed, I tried to get the most commonly liked/mentioned characters. If character X was disallowed, don't freak out. Just post it in the thread.

Current Vote Tiers (At 116 votes)

God Tier
63.7% King Dedede
62.9% Ridley
62.9% Sonic
59.4% Wolf
52.5% Krystal

High Tier
50.8% Diddy Kong
49.1% Megaman
43.9% Ike
42.2% Lucario (Up 2)
37.9% King K Rool (Up 3)
37.0% Midna (Down 2)
37.0% Geno (Down 2)
33.6% Windwaker Link (Down 1)

Mid Tier
33.6% Captain Olimar
33.6% Mii
33.6% Dark Samus (Up 3)
31.9% Baby Bowser (Down 1)
29.3% Samurai Goroh (Down 1)
27.5% Hector (Down 1)
25.8% Deoxys
25.8% Lyn (Up 3)
25.8% The Black Knight (Up 3)

Low Tier
24.1% Lucas (Down 2)
22.4% Sora (Down 2)
20.6% Simon Belmont (Down 2)
19.8% Waluigi (Up 1)
18.9% Tom Nook (Up 1)
16.3% Toad (Down 2)
16.3% Paper Mario
15.5% Shadow

Bottom Tier
11.2% Mallow (Up 1)
11.2% Daisy (Up 1)
10.3% King Boo (Down 2)
7.7% Tetra
6.9% Lip

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
To all the Sora voters, go back to reading manga and listening to J-Pop.
Bother this sanctum no more.
And a list of characters you missed, for good or ill.
Meowth
Blaziken
Bowser Jr.
Vaati
Sigurd
Bomberman
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
- Captain Olimar
- Dark Samus
- Diddy Kong
- Geno
- Ike
- King Dedede
- King K. Rool
- Megaman
- Ridley
- Samurai Goroh
- Sonic
- Wolf

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
You should add the duck hunt dog, he's brilliant and indeed blaziken and the balloon figthers like pineappleupsetshark said. Also, remove Sonic, no1 really wants him. Some people think they do, but once he's in, they'll release they were wrong.
Again with the duck hunt dog :confused: NO

Fawriel

Smash Master
I am APPALLED at the miserable amount of votes WW Link got.
I am highly pleased by the fact that Tetra was even included.
And APPALLED by the fact that I was the only one who cared about that.

Oh well.

Reasoning time!

Captain Olimar: Not like I really know him or anything, but he seems fun enough. Plus it is my duty to vote for him.
\o_

Geno: Super Marioooo RPG, it is the only one just for me, when I play the game I get lost in a phase, then I find out I'm stuck in Geno's maze!
He's a frikkin puppet possessed by a star who shoots beams and bullets and stuff. I have never approved of beams and bullets more in my life.

King Dedede: Plain awesome.
Plain awesome.

Krystal: She's nice, female, would probably be interesting to play and would have a nice moveset that probably doesn't involve waveshining.
Also, eyecandy.

Lucas: As an Earthbound fan, it is my moral duty to vote for him even though he's just a blond Ness, basically.

Midna: AWEsome.

Ridley: AweSOME.

Tetra: From one of the best games ever. And this time, Zelda is a pirate. OHMYGAWD
WW Link would feel alone with his style.

Tom Nook: Not that I know him well or something, but.... unexplicably strong little raccoon guy... with an APRON!
Better than Pichu.

WW Link: I don't think I will need to say anything here.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
not very many characters on that list czaught my eye. there were a few though.
Reasoning? you bet?

Dark Samus: it's 3:15 in the morning. she came to me in the darkness and told me to vote for her.

Hector: I love the FE series because characters can have pink, purple, blue, or green hair and it's no big deal (my hair's black by the way). and he's got an axe.

Krystal: for some reason, i can only half picture Krystal apearing in the game, but i want her in because of the same reason as Dark Samus.

SHOOT!! forgot to vote for Ridley! reasoning: it's 3:15. reason i'd want him in: he looks cool, and has been seen in both SSB games, and has a BRawl theme.

Lucario: better than Deoxys.

Lyn: Ironically, I have a vivid impression that I'll see her. I must be getting drowsy from the time. oh, and, you've all heard my rant about green hair pwning all, right?

Midna: I have thoughts and reasonings on this one that'll take too much time to explain. there are conditions though. this one by far was my most interesting pick. not my favorite, just the most interesting one. Why is that? you shall see. Eee! hee! hee!

Mii: face it. it'd be funny. and then if i ever wanted to play as Sakurai (I said if any real people were in the game they'd be my mains just for gags' sake) I could make a Mii of him problem? solved.

Wolf: sure why not? we need more evil-ish characters in this game. as far as the good an evil spectrum goes, I'd place him side-by-side with Mewtwo.

Generally, I'm against characters appearing in the game that feel like they don't fit. so, if I end up making a picture of Dark Samus, Hector, Lyn, Midna, Wolf, Krystal, Ridley, Lucario, and a swarm of Miis shooting and burning the remaning characters, don't get mad at me.
Clearly, everyone else on that list that i did not vote for (except Ridley, since I didn't notice him) I do not want to see. the list of want-ins was my positive and my neutral list combined. the rest are my negative list, so let them encounter my wrath...

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Also, remove Sonic, no1 really wants him. Some people think they do, but once he's in, they'll release they were wrong.

I concur! Super Smash Bros. = Nintendo Allstars
(uh oh - expect flaming from those foolish Sega fans who do not belong on this NINTENDO forum)

I'm ecstatic that anyone else cares about Zelda:WW, and for that, Fawriel, I thank you. Also, the fact that Sonic didn't get the highest vote too pleases me.

Now, where to start?

->Paper Mario: I think clones are a good idea, as long as they have TOTALLY different movesets, and Paper Mario does because of his badge moves and special moves within the Paper Mario game

->King Boo: He would be one of those 'special' characters, like Mr. Game & Watch was. This ghostly spectre would attck his enemy through ghostly powers.., whatever they may be...

->King Dedede: The third Kirby character - He is neccesary.

->Tom Nook: he could have a very unique Animal Crossing-esque moveset involving nets and axes!

->WW Link and Tetra: Very unique graphical styles which could be implemented into the game; also WW Link is uniquely different enough from TP Link to have his own moveset. Fun, fun, fun, I say!

who else... Ah yes

->Toad: I love this guy - as a fan of the Mario series and the Toad spectacle that can come from a 3 foot bipedal, sentient fungus. I see him using his head-shroom to hit; and he can pull things out of the ground!

I probably voted for others... but I can't remember.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
->King Boo: He would be one of those 'special' characters, like Mr. Game & Watch was. This ghostly spectre would attck his enemy through ghostly powers.., whatever they may be...
A compelling moveset was posted awhile back that really amounted to him being an amalgam of peach and kirby.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people there I don't really care. I'd play a bit as them, but they won't make me want to try to main them. However, my votes for the ones I do care about were:

-Hector. Because even though he's not cool as Lyn, he's still pretty up there.
-Ike. Most likely FE rep. I'd prefer Black Knight, but hey, their styles are quite alike, so he'll do in his stead.
-Dedede: Hammer-wielding penguin from the royalty. If I need to say more, you obviously have no taste :p.
-Lucario: Probably one of the best possible pokemon reps, and his moveset can certainly be interesting. Plus I like the thing.
-Lyndis: Best character in any FE I've played. Except maybe for Erk. But Erk's not a lord, so he really can't be there. Anyway, Lyndis is a fast, agile swordsman with a winning personality. Five stars.
-Megaman: Well, I'd prefer Zero, but as a Megaman freak I'll take whatever Sakurai gives us, and use it gladly. Just don't Samus-clone him, please.
-Midna: Midna is AWESOME. Anyone who disagrees probably has no soul and hates happiness.
-Ridley: So, an hyperintelligent, plasma-breathing, space pirate dragon. What MORE can you ask for?!
-Tetra: Okay, not happening, but I am allowed to take one silly choice, right? Besides, there's no denying Tetra was the best Zelda ever, due to the ability to actually do something besides getting kidnapped, and she had a quirky personality that won me over easily.
-WW Link: A cool way to differentiate true Link from adult Link, and would give him a lot of style too. Yeah, I'm fully behind this one.

The rest, for most I'm pretty neutral. The only ones I'd actually actively dislike would be Waluigi and Deoxys, myself.

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's a long list.

I voted for:

-Black Knight
-Diddy
-Geno
-Hector
-Ike
-Krystal (I'm assuming she has the SFC outfit or the one from Armada)
-Lip
-Lucario
-Lyn
-Ridley
-Simon Belmont
-Sonic

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I'm forced to assume that the absence of Falco on this list means we have all accepted he'll be in it regardless. I voted for all of these:

Dark Samus
Dedede
K. Rool
Krystal
Megaman
Midna
Mii
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Wolf O'Donnell

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I voted for Sonic, Olimar, Megaman, Deoxys, Lucario, & Samurai Goroh. Samurai Goroh shoujld be given Ganondorf's old moveset while Ganon is given a new one. That way Ganon could have a moveset more like he should do, & people who used Ganon in the past because they liked his moveset could use Goroh instead.

To me, all the others just wouldn't work, or are Mario Party characters. (They'll probably be thrown in there anyway -.-)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Black knight
Captain olimar
Dark samus
Deoxys
Diddy kong
Geno
Ike
King dedede
King K. Rool
Krystal
Lucario
Lucas
Lyn
Megaman
Mii
Ridley
Samurai Gorah
Sonic Toad
Tom Nook
Wolf

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to wonder why so many people like King Dedede. What does he really bring to the table that more than half of those characters don't.... he's certainly not just cooler...

melee_man

Smash Cadet
... I only voted for midna (I didnt realize you could vote for more than one!... I dont think its undoable)

Fawriel

Smash Master
What's there not to like?

He's unique.
He's big. He's also floaty but probably heavy-weight. He might have multiple jumps. He has a hammer. He has a quirky personality that is more mischievous than evil; sort of a funny(er) Bowser.
And he's a penguin with a mallet and royal garb.
It'll be a joy to see him being played, seriously.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I forgot to vote for Ridley! How could I be so careless?!

*Ehem* I voted for the usual stuff, pretty much outlining who I think will actually make it in. (Geno, Diddy, Ike, Dedede, Simon, Wolf)

Make sure to add one more on for Ridley!

Black/Light

Smash Master
To all the Sora voters, go back to reading manga and listening to J-Pop.
You can kiss the a** if you aint down with Sora. . .;)

And a list of characters you missed, for good or ill.
Meowth
Blaziken
Bowser Jr.
Sigurd
Bomberman
Balloon Fighter
Blaziken. . . the second place spot on the poke polls. Don't see why you didn't add her :ohwell:

And you also forgot Starfy.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I'm starting to wonder why so many people like King Dedede. What does he really bring to the table that more than half of those characters don't.... he's certainly not just cooler...
Honestly he's way better than another Mario series character. I would rather have Dedede over Bowser, but both of them will probably show up.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I also don't understand why Tetra, Shadow, Mallow, King Boo, and Hector are on the poll.
You need to request that mods close this poll, and make one with more representative choices.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Okay i know why i like Dedede so much but why is he so popular with the rest of the world?

Cygnus X-1

Smash Rookie
Would anyone like to see a character from Resident Evil? Preferably RE4? SIDE NOTE: Im suprised to see that there aren't many votes for Paper Mario, think a mix between Mr. Game and Watch and Mario!... Well i guess that doesn't sound that great

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
I also don't understand why Tetra, Shadow, Mallow, King Boo, and Hector are on the poll.
You need to request that mods close this poll, and make one with more representative choices.
...no?

Everything here is here for a reason. I didn't just pull them out of my ***, the characters were all on Sakurai's poll, a part of a major thread, or had an enormous thread deticated to themselves.

Also, I set this poll up so I can make another poll and the results are directly comparable. There is no choice of one character over another, only whether or not you want a character to show up. I can make a poll of another 35 and then the results can be directly contrasted.

Some characters like Cloud that everyone and their brother requests were left out because they have never appeared on or near a nintendo console and won't be in the game, like my beloved Laharl.

Only 11 characters have been mentioned in this thread that I didn't put in, maybe 5 have a real chance of being in brawl/a big fanbase.

Top Bottom