• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament - Results

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
CREWS:
1: GOSU
2: No Mercy feat. pkmvodka
3: West coast
4: NNR
5: Sauga feat Oakville
5: Tobagganers
7: Best of Ottawa

DOUBLES:
1: Team Quebec (Vwins and Bam)
2: Stock Warehouse (Carl and Shawn)
3: Brown Town (Adam and Eric)
4: Wow///RL (Kage and pkm)
5: Brahma (Damax and Jih)
5: No Mercy (Duh)
7: Team Pimps of Ridiculous the East (Kio and Bernard)
7: Team Socialite (Jake and Danial)
9: 1000 Adamantium Wangs (Thad and Joel)
9: Manafest Destiny (Ben and Arthur)
9: IB & DB (Imadh and Dzenan)
9: Leo Plurodon
13: The Cute Adventure (RJM and Miguel)
13: lol wut (lol wut)
13: Older than You (Volasko and JB)
13: emos /wrists (Andy and Cameron)
17: Puffy Mushroom (Jarc and Nate)
17: Team D-Smash (T D-Smash)
17: Toboganners (V2k2 and tMoC)
17: Team F-Smash (Team F-Smash)
17: Red Mages (R mages)

LOWTIER:
1: pkm
2: vwins
3: Chet
4: Raynex
5: Eric
5: Noobking
7: Testrider
7: Jih
9: Dragon Hawk
9: Damax
9: Saussssssssssssssss
9: V2K2
13: Thad
13: Kage
13: tMoC
13: Lanowen
17: Steve
17: Ace
17: Ryu
17: ThatGuy
17: Ryan
17: Kio
17: ArteryClogger
17: Runaway Fire
25: Fogel
25: Kada
25: Homsar
25: Phrozone
25: Courtney
25: C3
25: Ikural
25: Seed
33: Cbone

SINGLES BRACKETS:
1: vwins
2: Bam
3: Chet
4: Eric
5: pkmvodka
5: Testrider
7: JL
7: Damax
9: Jarc
9: SHWN
9: Raynex
9: BreadX
13: Carl
13: Noobking
13: Miguel
13: Jih
17: Chrono
17: DragonHawk
17: Ben V
17: Kage
17: Zen
17: IB
17: Lanowen
17: WarranThad
25: ThatGuy
25: Yang
25: Euphoria
25: ArteryClogger

Thanks to everyon
e who showed up, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. :)

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
The tournament would have been perfect if people got to the venue quicker, we were about 1.5h-2h late the first day, which kinda set everything back in the tournament, plus doubles brackets got caught up at the beginning because of food issues or something.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Copy Pasta

this **** was awesome. I was only there for the second day but it was worth it.

Lanowen, Thanks for putting this together, it was alot of fun. Also Nice on keeping the food cheap.

Lone wolf, i swear too god my main's been marth since the beginning. Peach? pfft.

TheJuiceJuice and Mr.Red, Nice meeting you guys hopefully you guys had enough fun that you want to come to more tournament in the future. Nice talking too ya

Ikural, Nice meeting/playing you man.

RJM, Cool meeting you, keep up the good work on smashwiki.

Everyone in my pool, You all 0-2 me you *******s. Well most of you.....:laugh:

Whoever won the events, GJ I didn't catch the end of doubles nor singles.

Lol at when Vwins illusioned off the edge and falco's lasers saved him.

BEASTCOAST!

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
I didn't hang around the entire time on the second day but I had fun.
I'm hoping to go to more Tournaments in the future, thanks Lanowen.

also how much money did the winner of doubles get? it seemed like alot more then mentiond.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'll do an obligatory epic post later on, but currently I haven't slept in 36 hours so sleep takes precedence.

I will say, however, that the tournament had a stellar level of competition and I yet again saw things that this game hasn't shown me before. That hasn't happened in awhile. Damn Quebec DI! :)

We were outclassed by the East Coast, that much was clear.
I saw it with my own two eyes and that's fair, of course. Somebody's gotta win, after all.

Fear not, though, we're on your heels and there were some great matches and some surprising upsets.

Lol at when Vwins illusioned off the edge and falco's lasers saved him.
Can't argue with ya, ToXn. I'm fairly sure that Blunted_Object10 and Vwins is the greatest set of matches I've been privileged enough to witness. And I sure as hell didn't expect THAT going in...!

Kijitow

Smash Cadet
Great tourney everyone. :)

Thanks to everyone who ran the tourney, you guys did a great job. Cheap food and from what I could see a smoothly run tourney. And willing to take my money at par cause I'm too slow to remember to get my cash converted. ^^

Also, thanks tons Marco for letting us stay at your place. (Even if I stayed in the car due to lower noise level) We'd not be able to have gotten down there Saturday without ya man, you rock.

Only down point was the severe lack of trash talk during the matches. What gives guys? I know I can be extreme, but merely saying "go kirby!" shouldn't get me that many stares, I think. Course, towards the end I just said screw it and started cheering people on randomly, so hopefully I made up for it some. ;)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Now I want to watch vwins vs eric =[

who was in the WC crew?
I thought it was supposed to be 4 on 4 =/

and you guys never really did the EC vs WC thing?
COME TO BC, WE'LL HAVE LOTS OF FUN =D YOU CAN ALL OWN MY MARTH.

Damax

Smash Lord
Only down point was the severe lack of trash talk during the matches. What gives guys? I know I can be extreme, but merely saying "go kirby!" shouldn't get me that many stares, I think. Course, towards the end I just said screw it and started cheering people on randomly, so hopefully I made up for it some. ;)
you didn't spent enough time with me, my life at the tourny was about trash talking WC's bunch o' noob.

Shoutouts:

Andy: holy ****, trully worthy of a transcan, sorry for the food issue, even if its not really me but Jih-who doesn't eat anything-ad. the ontarian lights while trying to get to subway, mc do or A&D are scarry and incredibly long, holy.

Fogel: heh good mindgames *****. I'm glad I had an okay fox and that you have a ****** fox weakness, you could have won the pool set jesus. stupid marth.

WC

Carl: heh, never underestimate a Link XD, great matches by the way, falco anyone? lol and really lol at the double star finish I'm glad I had a good DI haha.

Noobking: omg you got so on in ditto master noob. your the one I should have crushed the tag :p

SHawn: yah, haven't seen you say a simple word for 2 days lmao. are you a killer bot like PKM?

blunted: lol at my random tippers and missed wavedashes aha loll. good **** spammer haha

RJM: You guys should travel more, seems like being the bests of a limited area isn't much a good thing. hope you watched Vwin's luigi and learned a bit from the master.

EC

Chester: lol ny$ mudkip. why didn't you play like my fox when I was high? thanks for the green crap homie.

Bam: stupid boom stick never works, then it makes me pissed and I loose my momentum badly. when I try to forward throw to forward smash it happens a lot, else you'd be crying mommy right now *****. hah

VWIN: you ***, still doin **** while I'm not watching. hope bam gives you the same treatment(is not properly tippered... er... i mean typed.) on the way to FC haha... milky pillow yummy.

pkm: the DK should have won... what happened to these edgeguards? lol I never saw you as happy as you were while high! lolll. Il le savait pas!

Marco: heh you seemed less hyper than last time i saw you (T7) so what happened?

Big Rick: My link was used as a weird counter pick to falsefalco's marth which allowed me to get 1st in pools. I won't drop link totally, as I know he can pwns up some matchup

bread: in your face, ginger head.

Del: yo why didn't you show up on second day? good performance in crew it was aaaawweesome, I'm surprised you guys didn't win against WC crew, must have been pretty darn close.

testrider: les singes ont perdu, les homme reprenne le controle de la terre. pis t'Est ****in fou d'avoir lit jusqu'a 5 am ++ American psycho

KAge: where was the KAGE during the brackets? too bad you didn't win anything in team lmao! good **** and pwning the king of noob who proved to be a noob also haha! (jk)

thad: I'm cheap like that, yup

Jarc: good **** at killing kage, I hate ganon-marth. lol at your mute city counter pick that I boycotted with my link doing a bad performance haha. but lollll at hooking on the road! lolll

Kio: what happened? took steroids? the team matches were sooo close! I really saw the improvement in your team play and your falcon, good ****.

Miguel (if he is on the board): nice sheik didn't expect it, if only my marth wasn't playin like **** on day 2

If I missed someone, its prolly because I hate you seriously and would kill you. to get protection call 1 555 IAM DMAX I will answer and spare your life for a simple 200 bucks.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
shoutouts later still

bam get me those tos3 videos or upload my doubles match or something christ

3rdstrike next biweekly so people come

also ganon match is recorded with tons of not-so-funny commentary from me, hopefully will be redubbed with some music.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Who where thos guys playing gunstar heros? That **** is made of win.

And that ps2 was cool how it was a fat one but flipped open. and that gamecube with the green led's.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Who where thos guys playing gunstar heros? That **** is made of win.

And that ps2 was cool how it was a fat one but flipped open. and that gamecube with the green led's.
my ps2, flip top for piracy, also may have been jarc+me playing gunstar.

<3 my ps2.

shoutouts still later

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
who recorded the videos?
Crew/Doubles/Low Tier Finals/Alot of singles were recorded by me and Andy. Andy was nice enough to take all the reponsibility of uploading them though.

We were heading back to Montreal this morning when our car broke down, about 45 minutes away from Toronto. All the repair shops are closed and our car won't start, so I'm stuck in a Hotel with not much to do and the tv doesn't have the plugs for smash. The tourney and **** was great, but now I'm kinda pissed that I decided to come to this, because of my current situation. Oh well.

I'd shoutout but we're trying to find something to do around here, so I'll do so later.
Hope you guys had a better trip home than we did -_-.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Warrenthad your ps2 is awesome, I want it.

Big props and thanxz to Andy for hosting liek the best tourney ever in canadian history as well as housing me and my 4 buds!!!

Good Games to everyone I played over the weekend. Especially to the WC players. Blunted_object10, your falco is the best I've ever seen! You owned me like every game we had lol. Also shoutouts to FalseFalco and Noobking, you guys were crazy good too.

Vwins pretty much won everything. He was on the winning crew, the winning team, I think he won low-tiers, but I didn't watch it so idk for sure and he won singles. Two words... Too Good.

Edit: also I'd just like to point out that I was the one who said vwins and bam did the illusion + laser save on purpose XDDD

Fogel

Smash Lord
1-liner shoutouts because I don't have much time, and if I don't do them now I'll forget:

Andy: Awesome tourney, very well-run, good location, good matches, good everything! Thanks for housing as always. Too bad teams didn't go well for us :( Needs more grab+rest. At least we'll be ready for FCD.

WC

WC in general: Thanks for coming over to play us, I hope you guys thought it was worth it.

Carl: Too good, your mental game is top-notch and your playstyle is very unique, I didn't know how to handle it. Thanks for the bits of advice you gave me in our friendlies, I'll keep that stuff in mind.

Noobking: Didn't get to play you much. Good job on trying to keep up the WC morale...I know it must be hard to keep positive with all the beast coasters around yelling all the time!

Shawn: Didn't get to play you at all I don't think...good-looking samus in teams though!

Blunted_object: Very nice Falco and Fox, I don't think I ever beat you once in all our friendlies. Good job on placing the highest in singles for WC!

Randall: Nice to meet you, your Luigi is pretty tough. Good luck with the Calgary scene!

EC

Damax: Crazy Fox, I'm gonna have to use more mindgames next time.

chesterr01: Nice set of friendlies!

pkm: Bad luck with that last DK set, things were just really unlucky for you there. Your DK is still my hero <3

Marco: I'll own you at crazy 8s again, better watch out.

Kio: Your frisbee throwing is crazy. Did you notice that you cut the top off that little tree outside? Also, your Falcon is a beast.

People who are not Kio: Don't piss Kio off, he can cut trees with his frisbee. You'd better throw your matches to him, or he might just throw it at your neck :p

Bernard: Would have liked to play you more, I should have gone to get some friendlies earlier on, you didn't seem into it when we played.

tMoC: Awesome Ness as always, I'll be sure to let you know if/when I have another Ottawa tourney.

Del+Divine Knight: Yay Brinstar!

Thad: Good **** at third strike and melty blood, but Wario Ware > button mashing fighting games. Also, good downsmashing for Smash, I still can't beat you.

Joel: Andy's brother > you at wrestling.

Crew of people who stayed at Andy's on Saturday that weren't from London but we kept calling them the London Crew anyway: Button Mashing > Melty Blood

Jarc: Slick one-handed frisbee catching/throwing action. I'm surprised you can run so well with all that smoking :p

Maelstrom: Good to see you again, too bad we didn't get to play each other.

If I missed someone, its prolly because I hate you seriously and would kill you. to get protection call 1 555 IAM DMAX I will answer and spare your life for a simple 200 bucks.
Best way to end shoutouts ever, I can't top that.
Uhh...if I forgot you then we probably didn't play/talk during the tourney. Go cry about it.:cool:

Vwins

Smash Ace
Nice tournament Andy It really sucks that Ottawa, the americans and even some people from toronto area choke and didnt come. Thx to marco for housing us. I wish I could have play more friendly with WC and Its not because I didnt try :). I never thought I would see a falco who's spamming to death like Eric but he's good. I guess everyone has his own style.

I never do shoutouts because I'm lazy. So I'll just say great tournament everyone, I enjoy all the matches I did with everyone, sry If didnt win the low tiers too :( lol joke Pkm DK is too good :)

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Ahhh... Couldn't make it but it appears that this was one hell of a tournie.

I'll look forward to any footage that pops up in the near future.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
oh man, lol.

Kage the best ganon in canada! lol! The best part of the tournament was when everyone was trying to do smash moves in real life. XDDD!

shout outz layta

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hahaha, ya man that was so funny, its like "how the hell do you put your leg up like that for the ganon up tilt?" lol or like doing Up airs lol. I can't imagine how they are able to jump 3 times though doing 3 up airs in a row lol.

Randall, I did not see you play but at the end of the tournament, your ganon up smash and the falco up smash was freaking great man, that was sick! =)

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Shoutouts, finally:

WC:
Carl: Nice games in pools, should have had your falcon on brinstar =/. Pulling a vwins sucks I guess. Nice range of solid+ characters.

Noobking: we never got to play our money match! =(. Maybe next time! Nice teamwork though, you guys really played well together.

Randall: Nice luigi, real life smashes, tornadoing and hate of peach.

Noobkings brother: insaneeeeee falco, wrecked both me in joel in teams. Wasn't expecting a bam level falco and got *****... especially g2 =/.

I don't think I played/saw much of any other wc players, which was kind of stupid of me but hey 3s is tons of fun, sorry guys.

EC:

Lanowen: Thanks a billion for housing us, feeding us, organizing the best tournament I've ever been to and having a billion people over. Your family is made of win and awesome, unlike mugen. **** that power puff girl ***** and **** vegito for sucking so hard. Also big spoons, also wario ware is ****ing awesome. Also you, also your family.

Phogel: Thanks for the lift although we missed our train by 30 seconds >_>. Down smash is really gay and im sorry. Hopefully ottawa scene doesn't die out, I enjoy playing you/talking to you/wario waring etc.

Joel: You wrecked me in friendlies and did really well in pools but still got whored by having to play v-gagnes first round. Sucks for you. Thanks for training back with me and overall nice job. You played really well and your placement doesn't reflect it at all.

Londoners who claimed they weren't from london: Melty Blood more like Melty Spam. Thanks for playing me in various ps2 games.

Via rail: for not screwing us despite missing our train by 30 seconds.

Raynex: Nice Fox, also nice 3s/cvs2 games. Sorry for the screaming game 1. You did amazing against bam too, really sick.

runawayfire: where were you day 2 man? I wanted to play more cvs2/3s with you. Your oro is awesome and you beasted me at cvs2. Fun doubles match too

Jarc: Nice job in singles man. Beating Kage is always tough as he has the will of the warrior and the desire to fist... etc. etc. Doubles match was great too... REST FALCON PUNCH.... *****!
sorry about oshawa etc. =/ Also gradius. Also gunstar (well, not so much). Also fighters.

Chet: Your Alex is ********. Thanks for playing me in a bunch of ****, sad thing is you probably haven't been playing those games you kick my *** in/are about even in me in for like 1/8th as long as me and yet still **** me. You're too good at fighters man.

Kage: The biggest nose in Canada now officialy the best ganon in canada, too bad you can't beat the best peach on the west island.

Tmoc: Your Ness is absolutely insane. Your peach and jiggs and better then solid to boot. Hope I see you at the next tourney as you're too good not to be playing.
other people who played any ps2 game with me: you're awesome

Test: the only times I saw you were when you were making fun of me getting owned in 3s. Good **** nontheless.

PKM: Thanks for gaying me you big gay.
ps: you can beat me with half the characters in the game at least, so don't feel like you gayed me when you're that much better then me.

damax: marth is gay, you big ***

Kio: sorry for the 7up thing, don't think we played. Should try to get a game in or two next tourney. From what I saw your falcon is nuts.

vwins: I tried to copy your intense strat of air dodging off brinstar and just like you i lost my match, thanks alot.

bam: you play better when you're high, don't you?

Jih: You wasted $5 on that luigi? =D

delorted: we really need to play some time

bread: sorry if I seemed upset, I just rarely don't have 2-0/0-2 matches. I really should have banned pokemon/picked final last game. I'm really stupid. Nice pillaring/fmashing though.

Tyrantwolf: Maybe next time? Fun talking to you.

Miguel: Nice peach/sheik man. Good ****.

anyone who played ps2 with me: cool in my books.

Matt: show up next time you jerk

amazing tournament, amazing weekend. Hope west coast doesn't choke and comes up with something similar before we're all playing brawl (or 3s...)

TJJ

Smash Cadet
It was all good. I'll try to remember not to falcon punch so much in the actual tourny next time, even though I landed one on bam in a friendly :p.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
shoutouts later still

bam get me those tos3 videos or upload my doubles match or something christ

3rdstrike next biweekly so people come

also ganon match is recorded with tons of not-so-funny commentary from me, hopefully will be redubbed with some music.
Ya I could hear you behind me. You were saying some pretty harsh things >.> Not that it threw me off my game at all.

Seems so.. I am now the best Ganon in Canada =P

Shout outs later.
SHOUTOUTS - EC

Kage- I will admit your ganon is a ****ing BEAST, especially in ditto's. I think you would beat ANY Ganon in dittos. Your move choices and spacing reflect the amount of training you've had in the ganon ditto matchup. However, I think merrit should ALSO be given to the ganon who placed higher in singles and also knocked you and pkm out of doubles. We have very different styles and you definetly surprised my brother even though he has SOOO much ganon experience xD. It was ALOT of fun hanging out with you. You are a great person and those times playing teams with you I will not forget, ever. DOUBLE GANON FTW! "et voila"

Vwins- It was great to see you again. You have improved so much since 0C2. I was impressed how you managed to come back and defeat my brother in singles. I wish I could have made it to the 2v2 finals and played you and Bam :/. Good luck at FC. I predict you will take top 4. Good job taking 1st in everything, save low tier.

Bam- WTF we didn't play ANY singles matches xD. Your falco is very good and I did not expect you to beat my brother. I had alot of fun at marco's house with you. You and the other quebecers are HILARIOUS to play smash with. (aside from the fact that we were high xD)

PKM- Learn to accept losses and shake hands after close matches, even if u lose. I had a good time with you overall. Your Falcon and DK are amazing. Eric is just too good at getting back on the stage and WTF @ that Usmash! Was that recorded? Oh and btw was that the first time you ever smoked pot? >.>

Chesterr!!! - It was great to see you again man ^_^. I appreciate the tokes and the jokes. You are the most rediculous person when u are stoned xD. Your Link was getting OWNED by me in the first round of low tier losers semi's or w/e; and then out of nowhere u commenced the ownage. sandbagging ftw? lol. Oh and if you are serious about coming out west in the winter, WC will DEFINETLY make the proper arrangements to host the best tournament evar! Just let us know around what dates might work better for you and the rest of EC.

Damax- Your Marth is freaking good. Very good match I had with you in crews. Marth/ganon is too much fun ^_^. you are like the funniest guy ever I swear. and when u trashtalk it's like not even trashtalk cuz it makes me laugh every time xD. You are the ONLY smasher I know with his own '*****' ;). Hope to see you again some time and have LOTS more marth vs ganon.

-k I can't keep up these long horrendous shoutouts forever...

Jarc- I played you like 1 or 2 matches. You have a great jiggy. I have no jonz for not playing jiggs b4 but she is always an annoying character to face. Congrats on beating carl in singles. You talk too much trash but it's ok cuz I'm an easy going guy ^_^

Jih- I'm very sorry I didn't get around to having any matches with you. I really wanted to play your falco =(

Iceclimbers guy- I hate IC's they are soooo ghey :p (gg's ^_^)

Tmoc- GG's, your ness is wicked sick. Thanks for making me feel special in pools ^_^. Bowling was too much fun... apparently I'm good at it? Or just rediculously inconsistent xD.

Marco- You never go on SWF but el oh el at you ACTUALLY playing the game after everyone left and beating me in a set with your falco xD. TOO good. You housed me for a few days thank you soo much ^_^.

Delorted- I still think i'm taller >.> GG's your peach is good. Didn't think you could take me on brinstar, thats MY garbage counterpick -_-. Was close though ;)

Rest of NNR: You guys are good and stuff, ggz.

Rest of EC- Sorry if I missed anyone in particular but come on guys these shoutouts are top tier as it is. I had alot of fun! GG's to all of you who I got to play, and to those I didn't. You shoulda had the noobking radar on... noobs.

Ganonpwn, Locke, Rimi, etc. GGz >.> (you suck, WoW sucks, and Ganonpwn is an imposter sheik main, ewww)

SHOUTOUTS WC

Carl- Was great to see you again. Good job beating me and Eric in teams, I made a few big mistakes but no jonz. Those matches were HELLA close. Wish you didnt' have Eric 2nd round in brackets :/. Good job in crews and stuff, taking all those NNR stocks and what not. Thank your dad for me :).

Shawn- You took out the ganons u meanie:mad: <3. Congrats on beating me and eric in teams and your placing in singles. WTF at waffle icecream thing costing 6 bux x_x. Hopefully cya sometime in the near future.

Eric- You had Vwins beat. I guess the pressure got to you? (no jonz). Fantastic job in singles against PKM and his ruthless DK. We did well in teams :) maybe could have done better but I'm happy with how we ploughed through those EC teams ;). I BEAT YOU IN A TOURNAMENT SET!! YES!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

Randall- RANDALL!!! You're hardcore backpacking around a foreign place and staying at hostels at what not. Your Luigi is terribly inconsistent and really fun to watch :p. WD -> jab -> upB FTW! That was effing NUTS buddy :psycho: Hope you had a safe trip home. Watch you pwn all the calgarians when u get back ;)

LANOWEN!!! - OMG thank you SOO much Andy for picking me up and housing me the first night on such short notice. I had a fun time hanging out and playing matches with you. The samus is gooood. Please thank your mom and dad TONNES for me as I forgot to do so upon my departure x_x. I put a tape in one of those TV's don't forget, it was the one we used to project matches onto the big screen. You did a fine job running the tournament and I was satisfied with the professionalism.

tournament- Singles for WC

noobking vs vwins 2nd round
Carl vs blunted object 2nd round
shwn vs bam 2nd round

kinda gay but I could see how brackets could get randomed like that. No biggie, we all still managed to claw our way to semi-decent placings.

Overall I had a fun trip. I really hope EC realizes one thing and that is we were missing our top 3 players from the WC arsenal. If Blunted object can come that close to winning singles I wouldn't doubt one of our tops could have clenched the tournament. No jonz, but come to WC for a tournament some time (this winter ^_^) and bring your best.

I will be patiently anticipating the vids ^_^.

Top Bottom