• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash tourney @ Uplink. South NJ 8-12-07

DyslexicHobo

Smash Cadet
Smash tournament at Uplink LAN center! :-D

Sun. 8-12-07
206 N. High St. Millville, NJ (www.uplinkgaming.com)
5$ entry fee. Entry fee MUST be paid by 12:15 the day of the tournament. Free play begins at 12:00.

We will pretty much be using the standard MLG rule set:
4 stock, 8 minute, no items, best-of-three matches

First round is random out of MLG allowed stages (unless players can agree on one). Second and third round stages are chosen by the loser of the previous round.
Before the set starts, each player can ban one counter-pick stage. For the second and third rounds, the loser picks the map, then winner picks their character, then loser picks their character.

Prizes will include cash and swag. Cash prizes will be based on the total value of the pot.

The last tournament at Uplink was very successful with 28 people playing.

Please ask if there is any questsions/concerns. :)

DyslexicHobo

Smash Cadet
Added to the original post about when the registration fee is due. Free play begins at 12:00.

D

Deleted member

This tournament worked out a lot better than I initially thought it would... granted, I didn't know I was going to go until this morning, but... That was one crazy tourney, and props to Uplink for finishing a 32 man tourney with 3 setups in 5 hours... that took some serious effort... Dave Tran did not come today, mainly because the main attraction was M2K... although, I'll let other people talk about the crazy **** that went on... It was really great for such a "small" tournament, because 32 people is a great turnout... Cactuar won the entire day with his Falcon Punch off Dreamland (The guys that went know exactly what I'm talking about)... and the quote "I'm awesome!" is indeed awesome

Velocity

Smash Lord
yo me telling ill give cactuar a dollar to land a falcon punch and then cactuar doing it with added flare AWESOME, me doing the same thing with alex triad and him super wavedashing to charge shot and him actually doing AWESOME

DyslexicHobo

Smash Cadet
I was very pleased with the turnout! Wasn't expecting 32, but very glad we were able to fill the tourney. We're thinking about turning this into a monthly event. Next time we will certainly be prepared with more TV's + cubes. Hope to see everyone at the next one!

Thanks to all who came, and congratulations to Cactuar for winning (through a very interesting series of events)!

Divon

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd chime in with the tournament results. My employee, Hobo, said most of the other stuff I wanted to say above this. :)

1st - Cactuar
2nd - MewTwoKing
3rd - Woz
4th - Velocity
5th - Emblem Lord
5th - Kevin Sun
7th - Alex Triad
7th - Joe Layton
9th - Bernard L.
9th - Lord Knight
9th - Bean
9th - Gabe Pena

Hope to see you all for the next one! It will be posted on smash boards, and our website (www.uplinkgaming.com)

Cheers,
Steve DiLeo
Uplink Gaming
Owner/Operator

RK Tha Prez

Smash Cadet
:(:(. I wish i coulda gone... my ride decided to spring up with some other stuff and my parents WOULDNT take me. RKD needs car

Top Bottom