• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Echo

Smash Champion
Welcome to Nebraska Smash.

Though I'm keeping the title as Omaha Weekly Smashfests, as a homage to the Golden Age, this is the primary thread for any Nebraska related discussion.

If you're new to the forum, feel free to leave a comment and help liven up this thread! Most of our players are more active on Facebook, but you'll surely get a response here from one of our lukers.

Speaking of Facebook, join the Nebraska Super Smash Bros. Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebraskasmash/

If you're looking for a smashfest in your area (are people still using that term?), here are the currently active weeklies that are taking place in the area:

Omaha - HSC Weeklies - Every Friday @ 6:15 - Portal LAN - Melee/PM/Sm4sh *$3 Venue fee + $3 entry for each event*
Omaha - UNO Mavs - Sundays @ ??? - UNO Dodge Campus - Melee/PM/Sm4sh *Free*
Omaha - Alexander's Weeklies - Tuesdays @ 6:00pm (8:30 bracket start) - His House - Sm4sh *Free with the 2nd Tuesday of each month having a buy-in*
Lincoln - Michael's Weeklies - Thursdays @ 7:00pm/8:00pm - His House - Sm4sh *Free*
Columbus - CSP Weeklies - Saturdays @ 5:00pm (6:00pm bracket) - Columbus Screen Printing - Melee/PM *$2 Venue fee + $2 for each event*

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away! If you're looking for an address to one of the above houses, you may need to be resort to Facebook so they can privately message you that information.

Last edited:

Echo

Smash Champion
just in case those of you didn't know, jbm is no longer jbm, joebushman, or jerry brice murphy i'm now...9000
aaaaah yeah thats right!! i forgot mang :p 9000 is too good
good **** schism finally conforming to the boards

btw i'm going to include Des Moines up on the list i suppose, since you guys are pretty close and it looks like we may be seeing you a bit more often so yeah, heck i may just turn this into Nebraska/Iowa discussion, just make sure to keep the spam low, fellas.

edit - so yeah guess i'm going to include Iowa within this as well, so long as its ok with them.

Uli

Smash Champion
sounds muy bueno! i think i might hit up both of the up coming tournys, any info on them yet, such as how much ETC!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
subscribing.... tyser can have his own thread were he spams the living **** out of it...he better not **** this thread up... thats all i have to say... nice work on the first post mike... at least when people are interested in the local scene they will have a good starting point to jump off of when they open the thread....

SliK

Smash Journeyman
November 3rd I'll be sure to get off work. And for sure going to FFC on the 16th.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Haha, combined with Iowa!? Fusion-ha? Subscribing.....although I'm sure nothing important will ever happen.

Flavor_Flav

Smash Journeyman
Aight you fu.ckin haters, its only a fu.cking thread, didnt need to flame my a.ss (okay maybe I deserved it but still)... Anyways, I promise I wont spam on my main acc.s because people cant handle the extent of my awesome spamming... Say **** to me, not at me ****** please...
Anyways, are there gonna be any smashing this weekend? I got Mon. and Tues. off skool so I wanna get some games in...
R.I.P.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Just ignore him and don't give him reasons to post.

Also got my wii # up add me if you like :)

Echo

Smash Champion
lol alright guys like i said we gotta keep the spam minimal... if you must... then use the thread tyser made?? last thing we need is for a legit thread to be closed now =/ lol anyway...

Assuming everyone has their AIM s/n's or emails or whatever you use in your profiles here on smashboards, i'm just gonna create everyones names as links on the list, so its easy to get people's contact info. If you dont have that stuff in there... why not?? its prretty brilliant...

also, Wii #'s is another really great idea, especially for the whole brawl thing, I suppose that comes off the profiles as well, though... so yeah. btw everyone should add me to their Wii's :p I'll add yours when i get back home tomorrow, slik.

P Diddy Smash

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see someone take the initiative to create a real thread to discuss the issues surrounding the smash community... kudos to you, mike.

btw who is ready for gh3 in 11 days... i know i am

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
ahh **** new thread son I can dig it I should be hitting up most of these tournaments to fools. And yo quit hating on my homie tyser aight. Its the ****ing internet if he feels like spamming and saying random **** then coo. That **** gets on my nerves, like when people complain about talking **** when your beating the hell out of them gears and halo on xbox live. quit being ****ing ******* aight man the **** up.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah so i just noticed i dont even have my wii # up... >.> i'll have to do that lol

i havent been able to get hold of kirk for more stuff about the lincoln tourney, but I know its on Nov 3rd, same day as a halo 3 tournament going on there. For people that arent members of UNL, its 15$ to enter, and for UNL members its 10$. The fee is for both singles and doubles. And I'm pretty sure it starts at 1, but it may been noon. Atleast thats what I think it was supposed to be, I'll try him again tonight.

Flavor_Flav

Smash Journeyman
lol I like tyser I wanted to team with him for FC in Des Moines but he's teamin with MTKD so thats poop
oh wow its just a forum and he could post whatever he wanted. u shouldn't try to get him banned just cuz he got a thread shut down
wtf people, seriously stfu about the omaha weekly smashfest, yeah it sucks that its gone but your beating a dead dog by constantly saying **** to tyser, it was all fun and games, some didn't like it but who cares?

tyser ftw.
ahh **** new thread son I can dig it I should be hitting up most of these tournaments to fools. And yo quit hating on my homie tyser aight. Its the ****ing internet if he feels like spamming and saying random **** then coo. That **** gets on my nerves, like when people complain about talking **** when your beating the hell out of them gears and halo on xbox live. quit being ****ing ******* aight man the **** up.
Glad to hear a few people understand and dont hate me lol..

i havent been able to get hold of kirk for more stuff about the lincoln tourney, but I know its on Nov 3rd, same day as a halo 3 tournament going on there. For people that arent members of UNL, its 15$ to enter, and for UNL members its 10$. The fee is for both singles and doubles. And I'm pretty sure it starts at 1, but it may been noon. Atleast thats what I think it was supposed to be, I'll try him again tonight.
do you know how the money distributing for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th, is gonna go?

random note:
ewww, the wii mote is gonna be ****in krusty for brawl, no cstick and no jump button, teh l4me.

also, @ MikeEcho - That FFC Iowa Thread is linked to Bolt's member page.. I dunno if that was intentional or w/e but just lettin ya know.. and also could you change that link on the front page of me to this one, http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=70691, my acc. wil be reactivated on the 28th :) yayz.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
You should owe me $20.

P Diddy Smash

Smash Apprentice
yo, mike thought i might tell you that we do have some of your mail,
hit me up on aim or call me sometime to come pick it up...
not sure if any of it is important but thought you might like it...
either that or gimmie the addy to your new place and ill come drop it off...
btw how come i haven't seen you on xbox live yet, i hit up leon the other day playin some halo3...
never seen you on tho... hit me up dude

Lanyx

Smash Cadet
Isn't it possible that Brawl will use the GC controller? I've seen a few videos of people playing but I haven't seen what controller they use. I wouldn't mind if it were the exact same controls anyway.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
First of all, Tyser ruined the last thread by like, quadruple posting like, 2 times a day about stuff that isn't relevant to anything. Most of it was rampant crap.

Second, if you bother knowing anything about forums is that random like spammy posts like that just makes people look like idiots. If he wants to spam, I'm sure there are other places to do it.

Third, Brawl will use the original Gamecube controllers as well as the classic, wii-mote and...one other weird combination I can't think of.

Flavor_Flav

Smash Journeyman
lol, dood, ur the best in council bluffs man :)

Kokichi said:
Yo homes no I can't do no crazy **** like that mangz. That thread was helllla filled with spam, it weren't just yo spammin' the **** out of that thread, there been at least 10 peepz causin' trubble.
so i messaged this guy to see if he could open the thread back up and he said, the above... im pretty sure it was only me lol. 10 peepz? if anyone else it is prob leon also because he and I had an awesome spam war, which no one regrets lol :).

Also, I just found out that Crashman was the Windmill of Fury dood... just a random note because im bored :)

New episode of South Park was the most random **** in the world lol... "If we find a Lepricon, you WILL suck my balls Kyle!!"

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
First off, you have no standing in calling me a kid.

Second, Life + School > Smash. I come when I can.

Third, I'm not entirely mad at your spamming; everyone here has written a post about random crap on here before. I'm annoyed that you did it to such an extent where more than half of every page would be filled with nonsense. It's against the rules to do that sort of crap in the first place and it makes all of us look bad when you do.

You want to spam in that thread you created? Fine, have at it. The mods will catch onto it sooner-or-later and eventually you'll be banned for excessive spamming.

I'd prefer that you didn't do that but if you insist on it...

Top Bottom