• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awesome samus missle thing that reqy found.(check page 6)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't seem to do this well.

Hang on the ledge. Drop down and the first frame possible jump. Smash missle. If you do it right you should grab the edge again and the missle will trace the ground. You could theoretically do this several times but I can never do it two times in a row >_>. I swear it's harder then shffling a missle.

Credit to Reqy for finding this.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wait. Shoot a missile and still grab the edge without having to do another move to grab the edge again?

O_O

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
You could try WDing off the ledge backwards and firing a missile so it flies right above the ground... (though... that's really hard too...)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
First of all, this is totally new to me.

Second of all, it is possible. Awesome find. My instinct is to call it the Hylian Lowrider XD

Testing in AR, you only have an error margin of 1 frame to do this. You start the move by releasing the edge (away on control stick or c-stick, NOT down), and then in the next 3 frames, you have to midair and start a smash missile (1 frame each).

I love edge-hopped uncharged blasts, and this is a totally new and insanely harder technique to throw in the bag. Sweetness.

Here's an video just to show the process, I'm using AR of course, since I haven't had enough time to try and master this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfEYKxcVFI (give it a minute if it's not available yet)

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised phanna didn't already know/try this...

edit: Gea, don't ever post again.

Just keep your post count the way it is :)

Watty

Smash Lord
Ya thats crazy hard BigR can do it (doesn't main samus either) but i cant =( He has to claw the control to do it though. Ya its sweet to do but the difficulty to me makes it to risky. If u mess up u gotta up b back adn ur opponent can be on the ledge so fast.

Good **** though

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok good then it's not just me XD.

I knew this was hard >_<! XD

Rat

Smash Lord
5 times in a row is the current record. This is way easier than SWD or SHFFMC. Awesome find.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can SWD almost 100% lol this is way harder.

Kornstalk

Smash Rookie
Im going to try this. I can also SWD consistently, but it was hard practice. this seems harder. :ohwell:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know of at least one samus who knew about this before I did. You can name it after me I guess, but I didn't invent it lol. I was just the first person to let people know about this >_>.

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow. I had thought it'd be cool if you could do this, but I didn't think it was possible. That's incredible. Did you claw-hold the controller? Or slide your thumb?

Also, do you think it would be more or less advisable to tap away for this to work?

LAWL! Noob, you can't l-cancel a b-move lol.
Lol @ calling Hylian a noob.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
So basicicaly it's edgehopping a missle into grabbing the edge again? Just wondering could you do this and keep your invincibility frames the whole time? Kinda like a g-dawg edge stall... only with missles.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow. I had thought it'd be cool if you could do this, but I didn't think it was possible. That's incredible. Did you claw-hold the controller? Or slide your thumb?

Also, do you think it would be more or less advisable to tap away for this to work?

Lol @ calling Hylian a noob.

I always claw with my left hand if you remember XD. I only claw with my right when playing fox/falco though. I just hit down on the control stick and then X immediately after then smash missle. I'm still not very good at it though.

Edit: Also, buh was joking. I play with him almost every day.

Double Edit: I tried tapping away and I could never get it >_>. Though it is definitly possible that way as well I am just to used to hitting down. Brawl is going to be hard for me in the reguard XD.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
hah yeah Hylian I have the same problem with pressing away. i always jump away from the edge and so even though the missle comes out fast enough im too far away to grab the edge.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok so I thought of some new things. Phanna can you try these out for me on AR? I haven't played smash yet.

Basically, it makes sense to me, that if it is possible to do the hylian lowrider, it would be possible to wavedash off the edge and missle but still grab the edge. So you could wavedash off and missle then grab the edge immediatly then hylian lowrider for a double missle low to the ground :).

It seems like it would also be frame specific like the Hylian lowrider :).

Just an idea :). I have thought of some other things but I will post about those later. I want to test them first.

Also, I don't have AR which is why I am asking phanna to test that.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Ok so I thought of some new things. Phanna can you try these out for me on AR? I haven't played smash yet.

Basically, it makes sense to me, that if it is possible to do the hylian lowrider, it would be possible to wavedash off the edge and missle but still grab the edge. So you could wavedash off and missle then grab the edge immediatly then hylian lowrider for a double missle low to the ground :).

It seems like it would also be frame specific like the Hylian lowrider :).

Just an idea :). I have thought of some other things but I will post about those later. I want to test them first.

Also, I don't have AR which is why I am asking phanna to test that.
I don't think that would work. The reason you can regrab after ledgehopping a missile is because you're rising while you start to fire, but with wavedashing off you'd already be falling from the start.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't think that would work. The reason you can regrab after ledgehopping a missile is because you're rising while you start to fire, but with wavedashing off you'd already be falling from the start.
If you can't do it with the wave dash, you could certainly do it with a short hop off the edge, which would be a neat way to start off a chain of them.

Cort

Apple Head
Samus definitely can't catch the ledge after a wd off/missile.

I did 6 of these in a row on 1x speed in training. ME AMAZING

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What about a shffled missle to the edge?

Like..run to the edge then turn around shffmissle and grab the edge?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Pretty sure neither of those will work, although you might be able to get away with running towards the edge, shffling a missile, and doing the very difficult slide on that move, to edge-grab. My gamecube isn't set up right now though, since I'm playing the ish out of Guitar Hero 3. Videos and AR testing to come later :lick:

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Hylian.....cite your sources please.....
For the record, I was the one who showed him the technique in the first post.

I'm surprised that phanna didnt know about it

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian.....cite your sources please.....
For the record, I was the one who showed him the technique in the first post.

I'm surprised that phanna didnt know about it
I said another samus player knew about it before I did lol.

Yeah reqy showed me this.

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
I know of at least one samus who knew about this before I did. You can name it after me I guess, but I didn't invent it lol. I was just the first person to let people know about this >_>.

Edit: People always flame me for bragging so I am covering my *** lol.
ROFLLMASLFLOL!!!!

this is typical hylian people. "HAY GUYZ I DIDNT DISCUVR THIS BUT U GUYZ CAN NAME IT AFTER ME NEWAYZ THX"

from here on out this is called the "reqy lowrider". it's probably not useful but everyone please bear in mind - reqy already realized this and appropriately he was not moved to post about this on the forums in the first place.

hylian the king of useless tactics was the one who posted this and then shamelessly tries to suggest that he's fine with having it named after him. what a riot lolol

1. this technique will be called the reqy lowrider
2. don't take this the wrong way because i realize it's not a useful tactic (as does reqy, i can only assume); i'm just making this name change because whatever it's called it most certainly should NOT be called the "hylian lowrider"
3. i can beat hylian in melee lololol

the end

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ROFLLMASLFLOL!!!!

this is typical hylian people. "HAY GUYZ I DIDNT DISCUVR THIS BUT U GUYZ CAN NAME IT AFTER ME NEWAYZ THX"

from here on out this is called the "reqy lowrider". it's probably not useful but everyone please bear in mind - reqy already realized this and appropriately he was not moved to post about this on the forums in the first place.

hylian the king of useless tactics was the one who posted this and then shamelessly tries to suggest that he's fine with having it named after him. what a riot lolol

1. this technique will be called the reqy lowrider
2. don't take this the wrong way because i realize it's not a useful tactic (as does reqy), i'm just making this name change because whatever it's called it most certainly should NOT be called the "hylian lowrider"
3. i can beat hylian in melee lololol

the end

Hmmm who are you?

And I like my useless tactics :).

I didn't even name this phanna did >_>. I also said that I didn't invent this. So w/e. I really wouldn't care at all if it was named after reqy or me lmao. My post was about how hard it is.

And who are you?

I knew I would get flamed for this but I don't really care. I'm used to it by now heh.

Edit: Name it W/e lol. But seriously, reqy showed me this so he deserves all credit. I just posted a thread about how it was hard. I had no idea it was an unknown tactic.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
**** you samus players and your metagame.

**** you all to hell. :(

Last thing i need to see is you people with more missle trixiez. :/
LOL. Samus is trixy XD.

Top Bottom