• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balloon

Smash Lord

in​
Oregon

Panelists​

Balloon :: Juce :: Peach Masta :: Cmin :: Eggz

Sponsored by Kenpachi

The goal of the Oregon Power Rankings is to motivate our somewhat small, yet growing, community into improving. Oregon is known to have a few good or great players, and it can only go up from there. Every player will now have the chance to see how they stand amongst their peers. This is meant to be a productive thing, and hopefully it will be taken as such.

1. Balloon (C. Falcon)

2. Juce (Fox)

3.Cmin (Marth, Falco)

4. FoosJR (Sheik)

5. DMStudios (Pikachu)

6. Peach Masta (Jigglypuff)

7. VenusGospel (Fox)

8. Shin (Ganondorf)

9. Ronin (Marth)

10. Kefka (C. Falcon)

11. Ryan (Sheik)

12. Jank (Fox)

13. BC Chris (Fox)

14. ?????

15. ?????

Other notable Oregon players:

(1) MCS (Marth)
(3) Lucius (Falco, C. Falcon)
(9) v4p (Sheik)
(10) OC George (Fox)

Okay, first an apology for the delay on the update. Second, StS was taken into consideration for this update, but with far less worth than The Fingerbang 2. Third, everybody welcome Cmin back as the fifth panelist as well as back to his position on the PR list (with Fingerbang 2 being his returning tournament, as well as participation in StS). FoosJR wasn't working out as a panelist because we couldn't ever get ahold of him haha. Last, Lucius and v4p were removed from the PR and added to the notable players list due to inactivity and being within the top 10 consistently.

The Jiggs, it seems, is going to be the last Melee tournament before Brawl comes out. Let's hear about it people: do you want to see updates on this list if we continue with Melee tournaments after Brawl's release? I know Climax plans to have Melee tournaments still at the upcoming Fingerbang 3. So, as it says right below this, discuss.

Discuss.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Hooray! And I'm glad to see some lower tier characters representing (especially that pikachu).

Eggz

Smash Hero
Now that James is gone, theres no one to discourage trying in tournament and having a PR! yayuhhhz!

Amazing title btw

Jem.

Smash Master
He is pretty new to smash, isnt he? Like, a couple months?
Pretty impressive.
You and Jesse should be an interesting battle for 2nd. Both of you are good though, and I'd say you got the edge
(You 2-0ing me, ugh)

Again, nice post. The little trees are adorable.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah, Lucius is pretty new to the whole advanced scene or whatever you want to call it. He's good, though. He also says he's going to start maining Falco rather than Falcon, so that's a bit of variety in that top tier there.

Jesse has always played Fox and Falcon. He's not giving up Marth, I don't think. I just put him as those two because I've always known him as a Fox main.

And LOL at Gimpy. Oregon sux at forums.

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh, yeah, he is my downtilting as falco brethren from the south. He saw me do it and was like "YOU DO IT TOO?!" Was great :)

Do you guys like the picture of my dog I put up? I put sunglasse on him and took him to the mountains.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, this list is all wrong: I should be much lower...if on it at all.

cmin

Smash Ace
man this is gonna create some contraversy (sprelling?). i only discussed top 5 so did you and jesse made the rest up?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah, we briefly discussed the bottom five, because again, we had nothing to go by since the results were lost from OSU III. It shouldn't cause any controversy, though...

cmin

Smash Ace
pretty sure we're gonna get **** for me being up that high. trust me on this and put tudios in my spot and move me and andy down 1.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yay a power ranking finally to bad I am not up there haha, but that will change. So yeah, good job and thank you Bart, Minh, and Jesse. Also, no one should have any problems with this. Just because this is based off one tournament and some memory of another one. I should add though you should use the SF:E from the fall to help with the ranking

And haha Minh you main Falco now. You should really be ? :)

cmin

Smash Ace
i really shouldnt be written down as a falco main because i play with the character that i'm most comfortable with that day. or that minute rather. so put me down as cmin (characters)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Can I be a panelist after The Fingerbang?
Yain't oree gone.

Minh, is it cool if I just put (Falco, Fox) up for you? I don't think I've ever seen you use any other characters in tourney xD.

If anyone else has a problem with the characters I have put up there, let me know.

cmin

Smash Ace
space animals is cool. have you not seen my play marth in tourney? lol i use marth more

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i think you should not worry about your ranking justin and just play, way to make yourself look like an ***. cmin should be falco/marth for sure.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
haha ok. i thought he might have quit or something

man, that's crazy that MCS is the best and he barely ever plays with everyone else. does anyone know how he got so good? like did he really just come out of nowhere and win tournaments?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i think mcs is a robot, cause he learned how to play against computers and watching videos. he just popped out and was super amazing. too bad he doesnt care to play often, cause that guy has skillzzzzz.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah if he tried he would be amazing. It's to bad he doesn't :( but yeah the first tournament he went to he won and has won every other one. He got good by watching videos of ken and was like hey I can do that and then he did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom