• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Relative Ceiling Heights for all Tournament Legal Stages

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
This list shows how far the top blast zone (the line which if you are knocked across, you will die) is from the main platform on all the tournament legal stages. Some stages have other main platforms that are not level with the biggest one, such as the two on the side of Jungle Japes and I have listed those as well. I did not include small platforms that hover above main platforms, such as the 3 above the main platform on battlefield. My reasoning for this is that most of the fighting is done usually on the main platforms. Also, some stages, like Brinstar, are not levelled, so in those cases I measured from a certain spot on the ground which I will note. Also, I did not do Pokefloats or Rainbow Cruise, because the distance continues to vary throughout the whole match. I also didn't do any of Pokemon Stadium's variations because of a lack of an easy way to test it. It would only be a 1 or 2 percent different though and only at certain spots. If you guys want, I will do the banned stages as well later, I can also do the side and bottom blast zones.
FYI I tested this by noting how much damage it took to kill a Peach with Roy's up-throw.

I'm going to give Final Destination a value of 0. Every other value is how high the stage is, in relation to FD. (FYI Peach dies from Roy's Upthrow at 165% on FD, so if a stages has a value of +1, that means Peach dies at 166%)

Green Greens (the main platform): -28
Green Greens (the two platforms on side): -22
Corneria (measured from the lowest point of the high platform): -19
Yoshi's Story: -15
Pokemon Stadium (neutral): -9
Corneria (measured from the flat part on the left of the low platform): -3
Final Destination: 0
Battlefield +6
Fountain of Dreams: +7
Mute City (from the level floor, or the moving platform [its the same]): +7
Brinstar (measured from the flat part of the left side of the main platform): +14
Donkey Kong 64 (the highest part [the sides] of the main platform]):+26
Jungle Japes (The two side platforms): +30
Donkey Kong 64 (The lowest part of the main platform): +31
Jungle Japes (The main platform): +35
Dreamland +37

I learned some things while doing this, hopefully this hasn't already been posted, and hopefully it's helpful.

Binx

Smash Master
M2K did something similar only he was killing bowser still nice to know though. I was under the impression yoshi story had a way lower ceiling.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yes i was surprise about yoshi's too.
the sides and bottom are extremely close though, maybe thats what through us off, we just assumed the ceiling was the same

Magus420

Smash Master
Wait no haha, I was saying that YS is 9 lower than PS and that your numbers were right just that they were switched, not that PS is 9 lower than FD.

Although now seeing you have 165% for FD, the throw was at it's weakest when you did it where it's...

FD: 0 (165)
PS: -5 (160)
YS: -13 (152)

...where there's a difference of 8 between PS and YS, and when the throw is fresh it's...

FD: 0 (163)
PS: -5 (158)
YS: -14 (149)

...having a difference of 9 between those 2.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i got 150% for YS and 159% for PS

i think i should redo this and make sure the throw is the same strength each time, that's probably the problem. I didn't know that throw's descreased in power. Im pretty sure they are in the right order at least

Binx

Smash Master
Use training mode and set the computer damages, it'll be faster kill yourself after each throw to reset damage of the throw

Top Bottom