• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Forward": Fact or Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
It has been long rumored that there is a Falco player of such intense mindgames, his very existence is unknown.

This "Forward" as he is often called has been claimed to have been seen by several smashers scattered across the country, but no concrete evidence has ever appeared. He is thought to be a wandering smash vagabond, leaving only JV 5-stocks in his wake. However it is much more likely that the myth of "Forward" has surfaced as an embodiment of all that is pure fear in the minds of smashers.

Have you had a "Forward" sighting? If so, please describe it in detail.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I hear forward IS Falco.

No vids of him show anything besides the screen, if you could see the controller you'd most likely notice the buttons appear to be pressing themselves. That's because he plays from inside the game.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I hear Forward is actually a hot asian female smasher that brought sexy back to Smash

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Forward doesn't exist, such a good Falco is only heard of in fairy tales

But there is a way you can unlock him

Just go to the first stage in adventure mode, and have Falco keep doing Down air to the Green Pipe on the hill, after the 105th dair, Forward will challenge you to a battle

He's much harder than other opponents, and if you fail to beat him you don't get another shot unless you erase your memory card, just like Bottles said he would do in Banjo-Kazooie cept he lied about it.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.

Just go to the first stage in adventure mode, and have Falco keep doing Down air to the Green Pipe on the hill, after the 105th dair, Forward will challenge you to a battle

He's much harder than other opponents, and if you fail to beat him you don't get another shot unless you erase your memory card, just like Bottles said he would do in Banjo-Kazooie cept he lied about it.
wrong
you actually only have to do it 100 times

Irow

Smash Ace

How many shines do I need to do to unlock Mew2King then?

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I got this info from gamefads.com. *sic*

To unlock Forward, first you have to unlock a character called Backward. If you beat all the event matches in 30 seconds or less, Backward will appear to challenge you (the chances of him appearing are dictated by you damage when you clear the last match divided by four.)Beat him and he's yours to control.

The reason Backward's not on the tier list is because the experts decided he wasn't even good enough to make bottom tier; they created a "banished to the gap between dimensions" tier for Backward; (the only other character in any game relegated to this tier is Phantom Ganon from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, who is a weak, weak, disgraceful imitation of the original, but I digress.)

Anyway, to unlock Forward, you have to use Backward to clear adventure mode on Very Hard with 1 stock, no continues allowed. You have to encounter Giga Bowser, and defeat him with jabs only. The chances of encountering Forward afterward are then dictated by 100% minus your damage at the end. Defeat Forward using Backward to unlock him.

There was only one person who ever did this. Unfortunately, he died due to what people are calling a "freak accident." As soon as the screen read "Congratulations! You have unlocked the secret character, Forward!" a laser shot out of the TV screen and killed him.

But we know the truth. Forward, unwilling to be controlled, rewarded his captor with a shot in the head from his laser gun.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I got this info from gamefads.com. *sic*

To unlock Forward, first you have to unlock a character called Backward. If you beat all the event matches in 30 seconds or less, Backward will appear to challenge you (the chances of him appearing are dictated by you damage when you clear the last match divided by four.)Beat him and he's yours to control.

The reason Backward's not on the tier list is because the experts decided he wasn't even good enough to make bottom tier; they created a "banished to the gap between dimensions" tier for Backward; (the only other character in any game relegated to this tier is Phantom Ganon from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, who is a weak, weak, disgraceful imitation of the original, but I digress.)

Anyway, to unlock Forward, you have to use Backward to clear adventure mode on Very Hard with 1 stock, no continues allowed. You have to encounter Giga Bowser, and defeat him with jabs only. The chances of encountering Forward afterward are then dictated by 100% minus your damage at the end. Defeat Forward using Backward to unlock him.

There was only one person who ever did this. Unfortunately, he died due to what people are calling a "freak accident." As soon as the screen read "Congratulations! You have unlocked the secret character, Forward!" a laser shot out of the TV screen and killed him.

But we know the truth. Forward, unwilling to be controlled, rewarded his captor with a shot in the head from his laser gun.
That's a lie.
You have to beat all those event matches with Sideways, who's unlockable by losing a 99 stock, 99 minute match against a level one Pichu. Note this is only applicible if you use Marth.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman

I don't know why he posted this, but he personally met and faced Forward several times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagLNI7X0xY
There are other vids. too.

Here's his combo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWwafwfVDdk

I hope this helps.

Edit: Here's Gimpyfish's response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND8B-hiNIZ4&feature=related

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't know why he posted this, but he personally met and faced Forward several times:

Here's his combo video:

I hope this helps.

FAKE! They made those vids using Action Replay. Even getting Forward in AR is hard. I've been keeping this secret for about 20 years (they said they'd kill me if I told anyone) but I'll tell you anyway.

First, you have t-

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman

Here's his combo video:

I hope this helps.

Time to break the fourth wall here. This is a fad topic, where we basically make up stuff for the heck of it, and because sometimes, it's funny. The poster below me will proceed to say I'm lying. That's also part of the joke. We all know that Forward exists.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Omg ive seen him a few times

but hes teaming with me at pound

im so happy
lol

Zink

Smash Champion
Omg ive seen him a few times

but hes teaming with me at pound

im so happy
lol
how does he manage to bring a controller? Or do people just keep port 2 open for him at all times, in case he needs to warp to a particular Gamecube?

shadydentist

Smash Lord

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I played dodgeball with forward once.

He is now in my closet.

I mean...doesn't exist >_>....

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
D

Deleted member

Lol Yoshi, ur hacking skills are pretty good, but whyd u put mew2king vs a lvl 9 falco? I once saw a flock of fowards flying to the north, to pwn some nubs.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
You guys are all bull****ting.

"Forward" as the Arizona natural scientists like to call it, is a natural phenomenon that occurs only in the intense Arizona heat to wayward travelers as a mirage just before they die. There have been many accounts of the "Forward-B" but none that are truly conclusive, as the people that survive the unforgiving series of heatstrokes caused by the 122 degree heat, lose the capacity to construct coherent sentences to tell of their experiences.

fgsfds

My experiences with this mirage have included, but are not limited to several four-stockings. Sometimes, however, "Forward" can be a benign apparition; he once revealed himself to me with a Baysian haircut helmet, and joined me in a game of Tetris DS right before I went into shock. When I woke up, I was not wearing pants.

Forward is fact, and we are not alone.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
He lives in Arizona. <_<
LIES! I live in Arizona and have only traced the very slight scent of 1337ness that Forward leaves behind.

What maXXXpower says is true. Forward is a scientific phenomenon, but it comes between the supernatural and the real. I have once encountered the Forward mirage once, and this mirage affected everyone around me. I managed to make it out of the mirage with my life, but it got out with three out of one stocks.

Though, deep in the Mayan ruins, there lies this photo of Forward.

Forward is not to be confused with "Shaun Ford", some random scrub who toured the country for five months and plays Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom