• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at Noho 3 Feb 9th (Nes' B-day) Maybe Brawl tourney!

Nes

Smash Lord
Bring me gifts since its gonna be my b-day :D haha j/k its up to you >_>

Info:
address: 7100 Bellaire Ave Apt 2. North Hollywood CA 91605

Time:12PM-??:??

Rules:MLG Rules.

Rules (If there is a Brawl tourney)
General Rules
* Lives will be set at 3 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
* Items and Final Smashes will be turned off.
* Ties determined by stock and then by percentage.

Controllers
* You must use your own controller. You can use a Gamecube, Wii-mote, or Classic Controller.

Stage Selection.
* The higher seed has first choice for their color(s).
* First stage is random.
* Singles & Doubles random select stages: Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Melee Past Stages: Pokemon Stadium, and Final Destination.
* Singles & Doubles counterpick stages: All non-banned stages.
* Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Big Blue, Donkey Kong Arcade 75m, Rumble Falls, Mushroomy Kingdom, WarioWare, Electroplankton, Mario Pipes Stages, Pokemon Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, and The Summit.
* No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. Only neutrals can be used twice in a Best of 7 or 9 series.
*Standard counter-picking rules with stage banning and canceling..
* If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in their respective bracket and they played a Best of 3 or a Best of 5 in the Winners Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 7 or 9 respectively including the previous series where it left off. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series.
* If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules
* Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
* Using any tactics to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
* For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.

Cost:
$5 for singles
$10 for doubles ($5 per team mate)

Attendants:
1.Nes
2.Rob West.
3.Lucky.
4.MikeHAZE.
5.Atlus.
6.P.
7.Inks.
8.Fest.
9.Morb.
10.Larry.
11.P.Body
12.J666
13.extragrandeben
14.HalfPj
15.Leshiek.
16.Rage.
17.Makaveli X
18.Festizzio.
19.Gimpyfish.
20.Krew.
21.Mango.
22.Kira.
23.Practice_man
24.FreakN Yosh
25.Blitz.
26.kouryuuXfighter
27.Connor
28.ROFL
29.Jizznator.

T.V.'s:
1.My TV.
2.My TV.
3.My TV.
4.P.
5.Inks.
6.Larry
7.Friends

Cubes/Wii's:
1.My Wii.
2.Atlus
3.P.
4.Waffle.
5.extragrandeben.
6.Fest.
7.practice_mAn
8.Mike HAZE

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
and yeah, of course i'll be here. with a setup per usual.

i get the feeling we're gonna be cramped w/ a lot of people coming

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I sometimes wish brawl would suck
Your wish will come true

Come on guys, let's get real. Melee is not dying, Brawl is not phasing it out. Even if Brawl is competitive and doesn't suck, everyone is not ditching Melee for Brawl. We're in SoCal. So instead of a tourny once a week, we have... a tourny once every two weeks? 2-3 a month? Big whoop.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Poor example. 64 was not competitive to begin with. Melee was miles better than 64; objectively speaking, 64 was a pretty mediocre game. Brawl is almost certain to be a regression from Melee.

Just look at history. If you have a great game, one of the greatest of all-time, and you dramatically change so many components that made it so great, how often do you come out with a similarly great game? Not very often.

Get ready to be disappointed.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree with P for once, Melee has only gotten more competitive with time, not many games can boast that kind of record. And 64 is boring as ****, sorry if that offended anyone but after you get over how different it is, the game really isn't that fun, let's be honest now.

If they made Melee 2.0 then everyone would switch to that, but as everyone who went to E for All said, Brawl is a completely different game, and even if it is fun it doesn't mean it will be competitive.

EDIT: Can I come?

Zoap

Smash Master
Halo 1 - Halo 2, i never hear of halo 1 tournies anymore and halo1 was the better game.

Miztik

Smash Master
umm........i think zoap won with halo

and 64 was competitive it probally didnt seem like it cuz ISAI r@ped everyone

i think a melee 2.0 is dumb cuz there would be like no point in making a new one, its always fun to try something different brawl will not be 64 all over its gunna be a better game

1 question how come on the top and high teir character players have a problem with brawl is it because brawl will be even and not have an advantage due to the character choice

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
No fighting game will ever be even.

Also Halo is much more mainstream so it's not quite the best example. MLG handles all the big Halo tournaments, and they wouldn't waste their time with a Halo 1 and a Halo 2 tourney. Did Counter-strike 6.0 die out? Did Super Street Fighter II Turbo die out? Virtua Fighter and Tekken move on to the next ones, but that's because their sequels are relatively similar to each other when compared to the difference between 64, Melee, and Brawl.

Zoap

Smash Master
how mainstream a game doesnt change the fact that everyone who is competitive switched from Halo to Halo 2.

Top Bottom