• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship RESULTS - (Calgary, AB)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

Tournament Results!
'Consider me a spokesperson for the Edmonton community. Consider yourself very lucky if anyone from here ever dares come to compete in a Calgary "tournament" again, all thanks to you....'

—MagnuM, Mods please close this..., 2005

At Melee's End was a two-day smash event in Calgary, Alberta, Canada held on December 15th and 16th, 2007, bringing together players from not only the Central Canada Smash Circuit, but representation from B.C.'s west coast smashers and some of eastern Canada's finest.

Four competitive events were held in the two-day time frame...these are the results:

AME Doubles

1: Shinigami (Hitsugaya + Kage) ($320.00)
2: Espada (Patooty + CowEar) ($90.00)
3: Santa and His ***** (ManLi + FalseFalco) ($45.00)
4: MonkeyTown (MikeMonkey + Blunted_Object10)
5: T2 (PKT92 + DJT88)
6: Super Ultra Random Death (Geed, SuPeRbOoM)
7: Dallarious (MagnuM + Steve)
7: Crimson Silence (Buddyvishnu + Chaoszero)
9: Hope You Got 10 Bux! (=] + Kithkin)
10: The Blind Walruses (Spin-Dash + Frio)
11: Tilt (Sieg + Neat)
12: The Undecided (I T I + F T F)
13: Team Splooge (Alphicans + Fosh)
13: Team Inconvenience (Dasupalouie + Fogel)
13: The Prodigy (5950, R.L.Prodigy)
13: 10 People Ahead (LemonLau + Kizu)
17: Pwn Stars (Janitor + K Lover)
18: The Pimps of Just Illicitness (Nitrocidal + JAPMAN)
19: Pro Impact Players (RJM + MICH) - Honorary 19th place finish for the final team performance of the Players

AME Crew Battles

1: BERT (Patooty + CowEar + Blunted_Object10) ($155.00)
2: Team Better (feat. The Warrior Kage) (Kage + Hitsugaya + ManLi) ($45.00)
3: Whitest Kids You Know (MikeMonkey + MagnuM + FalseFalco) ($25.00)
4: Go Step On a Gay ***** (=] + Steve + Sieg + SuPeRbOoM + Geed)
5: Pro Impact Players (feat. CAPS LOCK) (JAPMAN + RJM + MICH + DJT88 + PKT92)
5: The Four Horsemen (Kizu + LemonLau + Fogel + Dasupalouie)
7: The n00b School Bus (Frio + Fosh + Alphicans + Spin-Dash)

AME Smash 64

1: SuPeRbOoM (1 x Super Mario Galaxy)
: ManLi
3: Geed
4: BackItch
5: =]
5: R.L.Prodigy
7: Kithkin
7: JAPMAN
9: Sieg
9: Frio
9:Nitrocidal
9: Spin-Dash
13: K Lover
13: RJM's Bye
13: Alphicans
13: Neat
17: Patooty
17: 5950
17: MagnuM
17: dreadheaddude
17: Poo
17: Dingo
17: QAZ
17: Dan
25: Janitor
25: Valdemar
25: CowEar
25: FalseFalco

AME Singles

1: Kage($470.00)
2: FalseFalco ($135.00)
3: Hitsugaya ($70.00)
4: Blunted_Object10
5: CowEar
5: MikeMonkey
7: SuPeRbOoM
7: Fogel
9: LemonLau
9: M
9: MagnuM
9: ManLi
13: Nitrocidal
13: PKT92
13: BackItch
13: Patooty
17: Steve
17: K Lover
17: Janitor
17: Alphicans
17: Dasupalouie
17: Pawl
17: =]
25: DJT88
25: Frio
25: R.L.Prodigy
25: I T I
25: Fosh
25: JAPMAN
25: 5950
25: Beeble
33: Neat
33: Poo
33: Valdemar
33: Spin-Dash
33: Sieg
33: Joe
33: Kizu
33: Kithkin
49: Dan
49: PH
49: QAZ

AME VIDEOS
Pre-AME
In a classic clash of East Coast and West Coast, Blunted_Object10 of B.C. and Kage from Quebec put $5.00(CDN) on the line, not long after both their planes had landed in Calgary.
Day 1 - 12-15-2007

AME Crew Battles

AME Doubles
Day 2 - 12-16-2007

AME Singles
  • Patooty vs. Kage - Winners Bracket, Round Six (Best of 3)
    • Patooty (Fox) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R1
    • Patooty (Fox) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R2
  • MikeMonkey vs. ManLi - Losers Bracket, Round Six (Best of 3)
    • MikeMonkey (Marth) vs. ManLi (Fox) - R1
    • MikeMonkey (Marth) vs. ManLi (Marth) - R2
  • MikeMonkey vs. Fogel - Losers Bracket, Round Seven (Best of 3)
    • MikeMonkey (Marth) vs. Fogel (Sheik) - R1
    • MikeMonkey (Marth) vs. Fogel (Sheik) - R2
    • MikeMonkey (Captain Falcon) vs. Fogel (Sheik) - R3
  • FalseFalco vs. Blunted_Object10 - Winners Bracket Semi-Finals (Best of 3)
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Blunted_Object10 (Falco) - R1
    • FalseFalco (Fox) vs. Blunted_Object10 (Falco) - R2
  • Hitsugaya vs. Kage - Winners Bracket Semi-Finals (Best of 3)
    • Hitsugaya (Sheik) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R1
    • Hitsugaya (Sheik) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R2
    • Hitsugaya (Sheik) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R3
  • Hitsugaya vs. Blunted_Object10 - Losers Bracket Semi-Finals (Best of 3)
    • Hitsugaya (Marth) vs. Blunted_Object10 (Fox) - R1
    • Hitsugaya (Sheik) vs. Blunted_Object10 (Falco) - R2
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. Blunted_Object10 (Falco) - R3
  • Kage vs. FalseFalco - Winners Bracket Finals (Best of 5)
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R1
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R2
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R3
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R4
    • FalseFalco (Falco) vs. Kage (Ganondorf) - R5
  • Hitsugaya vs. FalseFalco - Losers Bracket Finals (Best of 5)
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R1
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R2
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R3
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R4
    • Hitsugaya (Peach) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R5
  • Kage vs. FalseFalco - CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS (Best of 5)
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Falco) - R1
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Captain Falcon) - R2*
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R3
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R4
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Falco) - R5
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Captain Falcon) - R6
    • Kage (Ganondorf) vs. FalseFalco (Fox) - R7

Post-AME

The fine camera work of Officiall CCSC Smash Cinematographer Janitor rewards us with a series of neatly spliced montages, off-the-cuff interviews and a plethora of inside jokes that most people won't even understand!!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship Trailer
*denotes incomplete video...

Randall's Epic Shoutouts!

For those of you who were able to make it out to my tournament, I am very grateful that you came and am glad to hear that everyone seemed to have a good time. I arranged the vast majority of this event completely on my own, but I didn't do it for myself so much as I did it for all of you and it means a lot to me that you made the effort to come down, despite the lack of readily available parking, cool 17º temperatures in the gymnasium and the seriously cramped housing situation.

However, without further ado, here are my individual thanks and nods of admiration...
  • =] - Levi, I've known that you would be a force in the smash community since the day you landed that big Mario f-air finisher on me in Red Deer a year and a half ago. Your gameplay is entertaining to watch and I'm sad to say that I didn't catch hardly any of your play at AME, despite wanting to. I'm glad you weren't completely screwed in the brackets, too--it looked like a challenging fight up and you won every match I expected you to. Your ability to learn and adapt to the awkwardities of smash so quickly are dangerous to us all--I have a feeling you're gonna wreck us all come Brawl time. :cool:
  • 5950 - Steven, you're an enthusiastic young smasher and I hope that you and Andrew both continue to stick with it. Both of you played really well amidst substantially older competition.
  • Alphicans - You are like...THE premiere Central Canada Young Link player! It takes a lot of patience to play the little Hylian warrior and I wish that I would've been able to find the time to have a ditto with you or something. Perhaps in the future! In the meantime, don't stop drinkin' that Lon Lon Milk....NEVER Stop!
  • Andy Clash - I didn't see much of you after the registration, and incidentally, I only have you down as having officially registered for the Low Tier tournament....which didn't happen. Sorry about that, man, but I hope you got to get a few matches in and had some fun anyway!
  • BackItch - This tournament would have failed miserably and buried Calgary's smash community under immovably large chunks of rubble if it weren't for you. Thank you, Chad, for housing all of Fort Sask, Ottawa and most of B.C.--not to mention bringing televisions, keeping a close eye on things, fielding the smash 64 bracket and calling out matches when both my microphone batteries and my energetic charisma had run out. I wish I had seen you play CowEar in Pools--although I like to joke, your play style really is more than just the turnip-to-turnip-to-turnip-to-stitchface-to-bomb-to-anotherstitchface combo and although it was a surprise at first, in hindsight I can see how you might've won that match.
  • Beeble - Mike, thanks for putting up with being the odd man out on Day 1--it sucks that you had to arrive so late and I had almost forgotten to get a ride to you at the bus terminal amidst the flurry of activity that went on. I definitely enjoyed the matches we got to play at my house--I think we're pretty well-matched players and that makes it easy to recognize subtle changes I can make to improve my own game.
  • Blunted_Object10 - Thanks a lot for making it out, Eric--I thought for sure that you weren't gonna be able to a month or two ago. I don't have all the videos that I hoped I was going to have at the end of this tournament, but we've got some prime stuff of you from your money match with Kage and especially that final crew battle footage. I've always felt there's just not enough of that Blunted_Object guy's matches on the ol' YouTube. Say hello to your brother for me--I hope I get to see Brown Town on my turf some day for the next generation of smash.
  • CowEar - And I totally didn't expect that you would make it out either! Thanks for coming, Ryan--it's a real treat for me to have all these top players out of B.C. coming out for this. I always wanted to watch a match between you and Eric, but didn't get the chance--what with his reputation for pummeling Foxes, I'd like to see what it takes to win in a situation where you know each other's gameplay so well.
  • Dan - Dan Westman! (not to be confused with the Dan that punished everyone so harshly in 64) You've probably never even heard of SmashBoards and I don't know how you heard about this tournament, but I'm glad you did! Thanks a lot for coming, and I hope to see you again.
  • Dasupalouie - Thanks for coming, Luis, and thanks for putting up with the floor spot for sleeping. I saw those pictures you uploaded to Facebook and they do a great job of communicating the absolute horror that is my prison cellar basement--I love it!
  • Dingo - Man, are you actually a Mewtwo player? You were also only registered for Low Tier (which, again, didn't happen) and Smash 64 (where you actually did pretty well). I hope you got to play a few matches outside of the tournament setting too and look forward to seeing you again at future events.
  • DJT88 - Jeremy, you and your brother have been so supportive of this little smash community I've been trying to build since the beginning and I can't thank you enough. I'll do everything I can to make it out to your guys' smashfest this coming weekend....or whenever it was. Thanks also for playing on our crew--we were lacking in Pro Impact Players, dontcha know.
  • dreadheaddude - Good to see you guys again, Baker--I didn't expect the whole lot of ya to make it out, but I'm sure glad you did. You actually finished pretty well at 17th--good work, son!!
  • FalseFalco - Holy ****, Carl, you turned it ON towards the end of this tourney! I mean, you know, I was feeling pretty okay only getting 2-stocked by you at Levi's place awhile back, but ****, I wouldn't be able to handle the fluidity of that Fox you were rockin' in the finals and Luigi would probably just misfire off the edge in desperate fear of platform-cancelled d-airs. I can't believe Kage beat you, but as I told him, when a set goes 3-0 one way and then 3-1 the other way...I don't believe the match is truly decided and I hope I get to see you guys play again. I could watch it for days. I hope the second place finish doesn't sit in your brain for too long--you treat the game very much like I do on some levels, though you are albeit considerably more talented and therefore hold even greater expectations of yourself. But don't be fooled, you were on fire at AME and it should more than make up for whatever disappointment you felt from Toronto.
  • Fogel - Cameron, you are living, breathing evidence that the smash community is in fact a national body of players and I'm very appreciative that you were willing to travel across the country to my tournament completely on your own, just as I did when we were housed with Andy in Mississauga. You placed really well in the brackets and ended up being the sole eliminator of MagnuM--which no doubt leaves the poor guy with even more disdain for Sheik than a Bowser player deserves! In any case, I wish I could've seen you and SuPeRbOoM play it out in a tiebreaker set for 7th, but I just didn't have the staff. We'll likely meet again, sir! Good luck with the scene in Ottawa.
  • Fosh - Now that I've got the full results in front of me and the full names of everyone involved, I am now completely clear on the differences between Fosh and Frio....hahaha, sorry for the confusion, Anthony. I hadn't really heard much about you until this tournament was approaching. You had a tough bracket and I didn't get the chance to see you play, but it's almost inevitable that I'll be in Edmonton again, so if you're stickin' with smash, I'll see you again.
  • F T F - Didn't get your name, but I'm liking this "initials with spaces between your letters" scheme that you and Josh got goin'. Hope to see you again!
  • Frio - Maybe I confused Fosh and Frio in part because Frio was wearing FalseFalco's jacket, and that's enough F's to fill my Cosmetology report card. Thanks a lot for coming, Mark--you and Luke helped strengthen some of that Edmonton representation that came in so bountifully.
  • Geed - I know you guys tend to be 64 players and I'm sorry that there wasn't more emphasis or enthusiasm on the 64 portion of the event--such is the way of things for a tournament like this and I was just glad that some real 64 players were able to come out for this to make that part of the day more than just a novelty. I appreciate it.
  • Hitsugaya - It was a pleasure having you over at my place, John and I'm sorry I haven't been able to locate your missing passport (yet). I sure hope I do, though, I'd hate to see you miss The DAN 2 because of this. You're an interesting player to watch and I would've liked to have seen more of your Peach, but you really seem to play the matchups and counterpicks at a level that I don't even have the energy for as a Luigi purist.
  • I T I - Josh! And here I thought you were just an MSN robot, programmed to say, "****, I really want to go, but I can't get a ride!" :) Thanks so much for arranging to make it for this tournament, I really appreciate it and was pleasantly surprised to see you show up for both days. You beat a lot of players that I wouldn't have expected you to beat and watching you and F T F take out Frio & Alphicans was one of the few set conclusions I actually got see. Solid performance and a surprisingly refined Jigglypuff for a non-competitive player (until now, that is!).
  • Janitor - Awesome work with the filming and historical documentation of the tournament, Victor--that takes a lot of work off my shoulders and decorates the whole event with a cherry on top. Your enthusiasm in Red Deer is what bridges the gap between Calgary and Edmonton's communities and I'm sorry we didn't get to play any proper matches. Yours was the one friendly I had for the whole tournament and though I was in no condition to be playing, you can bet that you won't find my own submission to the PR without your name on it. Thanks for bringing such a variety of Red Deer smashers, too--I wasn't even sure PALO DA SUFFOCATA existed...
  • JAPMAN - You were the first to arrive and your dedication to the local smash community since moving from Victoria has been nothing but helpful to me and all of us, really. It's hard to get people who are willing to travel across the city for a tournament but you're dedicated enough to travel across the city just for a little smashfest at Levi's. Thanks for fueling the fire, Sho!
  • Joe - Joe, I think you were part of the "Dan" crowd who probably hasn't heard of SmashBoards, but again, I appreciate you guys coming down, no matter how you heard about it. Hopefully I find some means to get in touch with you in the future.
  • K Lover - While Victor is the voice of enthusiasm and charisma for Red Deer, you are voice of reason, Sean and I appreciate your continued help in both recognizing my organizational needs before the event and...uhh..."translating."
  • Kage - I can't think of a name better suited to a warrior than Roustane Benzeguir! Thanks for being so easy to work with in organizing all of the housing and travel arrangements and your kind copy of Super Mario Galaxy, which I can now play rather than be forced to give away. As the sole east coast representative, you tossed a lot of us around like rag dolls and made one hell of a match with our top players. This side of the country has never seen a Ganondorf quite like yours and I hope we can see it again some day. Perhaps you'll have to defend that trophy! See you again, Roustane.
  • Kithkin - My failure to give you a shoutout in the first edit of this post was not intentional and in retrospect, I'm not even sure how I missed it with the player list right in front of me. In any case, thanks for fielding some of those interviews with Victor--you asked some of the hard-hitting questions! "What did Mike do wrong!?" Thanks for staying faithful to the game and still staying interested without grinding yourself into dust with training and practice as some of us tend to do. It keeps it a lot more fun that way and though I cringe everytime you don't wavedash to edgehog in the easiest of situations, I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy some tournament success along the way, too. Hang on to that Lizness Time if you can--you've actually been really helpful and supportive from my point of view since she came around despite the fact that none of your other SoCal people seem to take any of it seriously. Anyway, I'll see ya 'round. (P.S. Sheik is gay.)
  • LemonLau - Sid, dude, you got worked in Pools what happened!?! :) Haha, well I was glad to see you do pretty well in the brackets anyway, and you were only one of only three players who took a game of the set off of Kage in Singles. Unless I wrote it down wrong. Always a pleasure, Sid, thanks for coming!
  • M - It's been awhile since we saw you play, Allan--it's easy to forget how good you are sometimes! You cleaned up pretty good in your Pools; I wish I could've seen a Samus ditto with you and Tiep, but what can ya do...
  • MagnuM - Thanks for recognizing the kind of effort that it took to put this together, Stu. Your gratuity is very appreciated and I'm sorry I wasn't even around to arrange for ideal sleeping quarters for you. You officially have future dibs on a couch. BOWSER POWERED!
  • ManLi - Manuel, every tournament in the world would be better off if they had you in attendance. Your positive attitude and support throughout were very helpful, but I'm not sure that came across while running on low food/low sleep as I was. Thank you also for playing out 64 matches at the sacrifice of not being able to watch some of the final rounds happen, just to make the tournament ran smoothly (or to try and legitimately win Super Mario Galaxy!). Like I said, I'll be coming out to B.C. sometime next year and I wouldn't do so without making sure I see a few of my favourite west coast smashers. Perhaps I'll meet ya at the Greyhound station. :cool: You're also the first competitive player in the world to openly compliment my Fox, and since you play him so well, it means more to me than the one-time-only bi-weekly participants whose jaws drop to the floor when they get wallshined to 70%.
  • MICH - ...
  • MikeMonkey - A pleasure having you over, Mike--you veteran Punch Crew people are supah cool and I wish I'd met both you and the SSBM scene in Edmonton a little sooner. Too bad I missed your set with Hitsugaya; I'd've liked to have seen how that went. Until next time...
  • Neat - Riley.....Riley.....Riley.....Riley, you have a match....Riley, station 12. Riley....Riley, Riley....
  • Nitrocidal - Did you bust out much Kirby for this Alex!? I didn't get to see, but I sure hope you at least won a few matches in his shoes. And as completely unacceptable and gay as it is.....I secretly hope that you gave some nubs a Nitrocide® or two just for kicks....
  • Patooty - Thanks for helping me coordinate with you and Ryan in regards to getting your travel plans and housing situation sorted out. I've always known you to be a Samus player, but I didn't get to see much of that this time around--is the Fox just too powerful!? Haha, great work in teams, Tiep--B.C. more or less dominated doubles.
  • Pawl - Great to see you again, Pawl! You're still a great player...why haven't we seen you at any bi-weeklies? I hope you hang around for Brawl and maybe we'll see you again. (In fact, this leaves me wondering what ever happened to that xlonesoulx guy, too...)
  • PH - Hey Simon--you had a pretty rough couple of matches and you were in the absolute toughest Pool around. If there's anyone who should be complaining about brackets at all, it'd be you and for that I apologize. And you know what? You were one of the first people to register, I don't even remember what you look like and I don't even know what city you're from. If you're from Calgary, I hope we'll see you at future local tournaments--if not, I hope to see you again anyway out of town!
  • PKT92 - Preston, you played so well at this tournament! Tied for 13th, eliminating most of Red Deer by yourself! Above your brother, even! And you guys did really well in Teams too, amidst some tough competition. Thanks for playing with us in crews; you did us proud!
  • Poo - Thanks for coming out, Dustin. I know you guys haven't been up on this competitive scene for particularly long, or if the notion of participating more regularly even appeals to you, but I appreciate the effort in making it out, even just to have a casual good time smashing with friends.
  • QAZ - Hey, you actually played pretty well and had an unfortunate bracket in which you played our top guy across three provinces and then ended up being eliminated by the guy you defeated in Pools. You all seemed to enjoy yourselves okay and I appreciate you coming for the main event.
  • R.L.Prodigy - Hahaha, you eliminated my brother!!! AHAHAHA! WELL DONE, LIL' SIR!
  • Sieg - I feel as though I didn't get to talk to you guys from Fort Saskatchewan enough, but I suppose that's because you were housed with Chad. And appropriately so, as he is perhaps the most enthusiastic 64 player in the city--and incidentally, the same guy who eliminated you from the 64 bracket. :) Thanks for your cooperation throughout the event!
  • Spin-Dash - Thanks for being supportive of this event and I hope that your first tournament experience was a great one. Also, thank you for being so cooperative and polite in the company of so many total strangers in such a totally strange house. We had a few good matches and I can see that you'll have a very interesting Link if you keep playing with those guys up in Edmonton. They'll learn ya good! Look forward to seeing you again.
  • Steve - I think you're a fantastic player, Steve and I'm glad you were able to make it down for this tournament. Someone pointed out something rather interesting to me after the event and I believe it completely: If you hadn't lost to Tiep in the second round, I believe you could've beaten Kage. This would've made the tournament equally interesting, but in a different way. If everything else went more or less the same, then Kage would've had to eliminate Eric and you'd likely be duking it out with Hitsugaya....all matches that would be great to see. Hope that Red Coach wireless internet kept you entertained reading EC/WC trashtalk on the way back home!
  • SuPeRbOoM - I should've at least played you one match, man, but it looks like it'll be a rain check. I'm not sure if the horrified cries of being totally obliterated in 64 get tiresome for you or not, but it sure was hilarious to listen to the agonized cheers and shouts from the 64 station when one of your sets was in motion. Take a break from the mighty Z-cancel for now and play through all those Galaxies--you earned that and a whole lot more.
  • Valdemar - Dean, you are made of win. You don't even really play this game and were kind enough to show up just because it was important to me. Thank you.

At Melee's End - A Personal Note...

When I first drew up the plans for this, I had a name for it right away because I had intentionally planned for it to coincide with Nintendo's planned release date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl--which would inevitably (maybe not right away--but inevitably nonetheless) kill a lot of the competitive Melee community. What I didn't realize at the time, was just how potent that name would come to be in my own eyes as the events themselves began to unfold.

Most anyone who reads this thread can attest to the things that I've done to build a smash community in Calgary out of virtually nothing and although I think a lot of people believe it would collapse without my help, I would prefer to think that I've now set the foundation for something that people want to see again and maybe, just maybe, might be willing to create themselves. I am very proud to have been able to do this and even happier that it has garnered enough interest to bring players to my tournaments from all over the country, and at least stir some interest in a few others. It makes me proud to know that players from Calgary are now known as good players in smash communities other than our own and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I have a passion for the game-turned-sport that Melee has become which few in this community can match. But I am exhausted.

I gave too much too fast to smash and a lot of the community wasn't ready for what I was trying to do. Having shouldered this burden almost entirely on my own, I can still smile and say it was worth it, but I never would've devoted such time into it to begin with if I were a happy enough person in my day-to-day life to not need such an all-encompassing distraction. As the community grew, so did the responsibilities and all of a sudden, I don't know I had bitten off more than I could chew.

You should understand this about the smash community, though: none of it is hard. Uploading videos is not hard, advertising a tournament is not hard, making these epic posts isn't hard, hosting bi-weeklies is not hard and finding others who play the game is not hard. It only becomes hard when it falls in the lap of one person--it is hard when the administrative portion takes over to the point that you can't be a member of the community that you've created. I miss being able to play the game instead of worrying about being a good tournament host and watching every match happen, ready to call the next one and record the results. When I first played smash, I never envisioned this--and not because I didn't want to, but rather because it was a very different game for me then and had a very different meaning. It was about me and my friends being really good at a game that nobody we knew could challenge us at. This is not uncommon and, in fact, it's probably the very reason that the first tournaments in the world ever took place to begin with. My friends that I played with included: MICH, JIN and JON. The Pro Impact Players.

JON had been losing interest in the game before it ever truly got competitive and to my knowledge, he has not played the game with any degree of seriousness since I was first learning how glorious it was to be able to wavedash->grab somebody with Luigi. He did not attend At Melee's End, despite five months notice and an offer of a ride from his curent home in interior B.C.

JIN was a Link player, and at one point hailed to be the best Link in Alberta, though I feel that would be challenged now by even the likes of Spin-Dash. He attended several of our Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash events in Calgary...primarily because MICH, JIN and myself all lived in the very same house where they were being hosted. Despite this fact, he became notorious for not attending our own bi-weeklies and it eventually got to the point where it was more of a surprise to see him at home than it was not. He has since moved to a new location, while MICH and I live in a different house entirely because it suits our travel requirements better. JIN did not attend At Melee's End, despite five months notice, repeated phone calls, and reminders right up to the day before people started arriving out of town.

MICH is best known in the community as the author of the Ice Climbers advanced tutorial video called Two Climbers, Two Hands in which he demonstrates the unlocked potential of the Ice Climbers in competitive play--a potential which has yet to be explored; he even discovered a "Tilt C-stick" desync that had never been shown before. MICH has always been the best of the four of us--even since smash 64, and we always looked up to his ability to play and went to him to learn more about the game. We used to play the game for hours in straight one-on-one matches because it captured our interest in a similar way. The most fun I ever had with smash was still with Mitchell on his probably-laggy-widescreen TV in his parents' basement, not being able to get past the wrath of his Ice Climbers. MICH came for Day 1 of At Melee's End, but did not attend the main event as he said he would, and as a result of this failure to attend on the part of the Pro Impact Players, I didn't even play in my own tournament.

The event was a success for the community and the unmet expectations of my friends makes me even more grateful for each and every one of you who made the effort to come out and play. By the end of it, I was so incredibly exhausted that the tournament was ultimately a failure for me personally, because I had vested so much emotional weight into seeing my friends--my crew mates--the Pro Impact Players--the people for which the very tournament was named--come out to support me through a very difficult challenge and an exciting achievement. It was my error, and I will not be hosting another tournament under the same expectations ever again. I will retain the Pro Impact name in the interest of product longevity, I suppose, but as of now, I'd say it's safe to say that the Pro Impact Players are a retired SSBM crew, who no longer compete.

We'll see what happens for Brawl season, but as for now, only look forward towards the end of January for Pro Impact Final Smash at the new house. Luigi wants one last go at it!

Thank you all for coming out, and thank you all for still having the spirit for the sporting side of smash , shaking the hands of your fellow players and plugging in to the Cube like it's the right thing to do; and thank you for keeping it alive, still self-destructing in matches after playing the game for years, and still willing to throw that risk on the line in a tournament you know you can't win, and still being able to stand around a television with baited breath in awe, still rooting hard for a player and cheering these matches as they happen, even now...at melee's end.

GAME!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
first

also dear god @ bigness.

also good stuff everyone, i didnt go but it looked like lots of fun

edit:
now having actually read it all, it was honestly pretty heart-warming and sincerely funny. I haven't talked to you very much randall and i'm sorry i didn't attend (though i did have semi-legit reasons beside distance and apathy), but i'm sad to see you retiring. Brawl will bring in alot of new players and hopefully it'll work itself out, but if not there's always SF4, i guess =).

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
wtf randall you told me you wouldn't pull a forward =P, it's okay forward didn't actually retire anyways.

good **** everyone.
mad props to randall.

Shoutouts later...

FUCKIN DUNKED

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Before i start my shout outs, lemme just say one thing.

At Melee's End was simply amazing, and i had a lot of fun. I met a lot of cool people and i'm glad and decided to enter singles. This was definitely something i'll remember forever, and with the video i'll be editing, i can look back on this event anytime i want and re-live the moment, but in in a lesser extent.

Okay so let's do sum shout outz:

Randall: Amazing work on this tournament bud. I can only dream of being a tournament director as successful and efficient as you. You're definitely someone to look up too. LOL And i see you used my gay photoshop poster thing. Thanks xD. It's sad to hear that you're retiring though Randall. Good night, sweet Prince.

R.L.Prodigy: Andrew, you really impressed me. Reaaally. I was surprised i did better in singles than you to be honest. I mean, 5th in Smash64? 3rd in your pool? 15th in doubles? 25th in singles? Not to mention that match you won against Pawl, and the 2 kills you got off of Histugaya? I nearly exploded.

=]: It was definitely nice to see you again. Playing you was weird, cause i honestly couldn't tell if you were sandbagging or not, especially when i brought you down to 1 stock in the matches we played and how i beat you Marth. Regardless if you were sandbagging or not(which you probably were) it was hella fun. Thanks for helping with the camera too, I was watching some of the footage you filmed and i lol'd.

Kithkin: Brad, thanks for doing interviews with me. Our money match was fun, I just wish it was closer to the end of the day so i could have some more practice. I don't care what people say, you're definitely someone who's fun to play. Speaking of which....

Fogel: I hate your Sheik. I'd love to say i had fun but i honestly didn't. kkthxbai.

ManLi: Your nice. Thanks for the interview too, it was entertaining. Man, i don't think i played anyone from BC besides John. xD

Hitsugaya: I believe you helped with filming as well. Thanks. Our matches were fun too and watching you moonwalk with Ganondorf 7 times in a row was really entertaining.

Kage: Thanks for the Ganon ditto. I wish i played you more, but i was too scared to talk to you. I wish Melee had 5 stocks so you could 5 stock me instead of 4 stock. Your Ganon is too good.

Alphicans: Out of all the CCSC smashers, you are hands down that fastest grower as a smasher. Even though your Y.Link never won against me at AME, it's really impressive and i was seriously on my toes. You're too good Luke. Tires don exits!

Fosh: You're definitely one of my favorite smashers i met at AME, our matches and double matches were a blast, not to mention our Rubik's Cubing during the tournament as well. Awesome. Aside from Smash, your Rubik's Cubing is really impressive, especially since you only started recently. : P

MagnuM: Okay, our Ganondorf vs Bowser set was amazingly intense. I'm glad you won it, it was definitely a blast. Your Bowser is insane. Good Games.

LemonLau: LOL I don't think we played at AME. Who cares though, we played for like 5 hours 2 weeks before. I was recording a few of your matches against Kage and let me tell you, they was hilarious. Congrats on 9th. Hooray for lowtier!

MikeMonkey and Blunted_Object10 I was too shy to talk and play with either of you, but now i definitely regret it. Thanks for the interview though, it was really nice. Congrats Eric on winning Crews, i wish i was there to record it.

I T I OMG. Your Jiggs destroyed me, my Ganon totally got WoP'd to death by you. Good Games, definitely. I think out of everyone at the tournament, you were the one i was most surprised about. To be honest with you, i seriously underestimated you. I'm still impressed i beat you for 3rd in pools.

FalseFalco: Tough call on the finals dude. I seriously wanted to cheer for my Alberta brethren, but Kage's Ganon was soo good, and I being a Ganondorf player myself....i couldn't help myself. Good job though Carl. It was fun playing FFA with you and Luis, and our match in pools was fun too.

Dasupaluise: I had fun playing you, definitely. I wish i played you more often, since you were one of the few i could actually beat consistantly. xD GG!!!!1!

JAPMAN: I love, you're hilarious. Your shirt mad me question my sexuality and you were definitely my favorite person to play at AME. Our singles set was so intense. When i lost to your Peach on Yoshi, i though i was totally down for the count. You really made me work for that win.

Beeble: Your Yoshi has so much mindgames, that it radiates to the size of Battlefield.

PKT: Preston, you silly kid you. You're on of the coolest people i met at AME, and our match in singles was so hardcore, i'm glad you won. Actually, i'm not. x3. Either way, it was nice talking to you, hopefully we meet again sometime.

DJT: Okay, teaming with you was the funnest thing at the tournament. Hands down. Playing against M and Pawl was the most hilarious and funnest thing i did at the tournament. Tough luck in Singles dude, i was filming your match with Kage. Rough.

BackItch: LOL i can't believe i got for stocked by your Peach...ON YOSHI'S STORY. My god. Amazing hilarious.

M: Dude, your Samus is soo good. Like, it's so crazy. Edge guarding you was so tough and i always ended up doing double aerials/Uairs thanks to your crazy mindgamez. Doubles was hilarious. Best experience of the tournament besides watching the finals of course.

Spin-Dash: Your a really cool guy. I can't thank you enough for helping me with the filming, and our Link vs Ganon was hardcore. It's a shame we didn't get a chance to Ganon ditto.

Neat: Riley! My god, your so quite. Our Ganon ditto was interesting, and you did a really good job. Good games.

Superboom: I didn't get a chance to play you. AAAAAAH. Hopefully we can play sometime during Christmas Break when i'm down in Edmonton. Your interview was simply hilarious.

Patooty: I didn't play you either. MY GOD. Your interview with Cowear was really good too, and watching you play was a thrill.

Cowear: LOL. I didn't play you either, but i recorded a few of your matches and your interview was really good too.

QAZ: LOL Nice match in pools dude. Your Peach is impressive, and when you beat Sieg, i totally lol'd. I felt bad beating you cause i fisted your Peach when you were changing songs on your mp3 player. I bet if you didn't do that, i totally would have lost.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who took the time to sign my brother's controller. He really appreciates it. Good Games had by all (except with Fogel ELL O ELL.)

DUNKADUNK.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
randal randal randal. what do we have to say? first of all i would like to clap and say congradulations for being the best smash host ever! second of all lets hope we play again some time!

OH BTW janitor! i think pawl deserves a shout just because he wtf3stocked you lol jkkjkjkjk but i think he does because hes been on the smash scene very little and has seemed to impress lots.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
took me like a ****ing hour to do this

OK...here we go!
shoutouts - copied randalls list lol

* =] - ...dude you promised me epic sets and we didn't even play lol! Hope to play you next time you come to edmonton or w/e happens

* 5950 - um you're that kid right? OH YA I did a ffa with you and thats it though...gg

* Alphicans - hm, you're crew got dunked lol..but really lets have a young link ditto sometime

* Andy Clash - who are you?

* BackItch - haha you are a funny dude, thanks for housing me and making the ssb64 tournament happen lol

* Beeble - Stop having a crazy yoshi jeez, hope to play you in edmonton more

* Blunted_Object10 - I didn't get to play you
* CowEar - ryan right? **** dude I loved playing your fox. When I arrived at chads house the first day you BC guys were owning the **** outta us fort sask guys and you were probably like "omg these guyz are feygs and shiet", I don't play melee too much but playing all the weekend on melee my tech skill and mindgames went way up just playing you guys. Had a fun set with you in singles, I didn't know who was gonna win there xD but ggz

* Dan - didn't happen to play you

* Dasupalouie - luis, you're random and stuff

* Dingo - uh don't think I played you either

* DJT88 - you and your brother had an awesome team and loved playing you guys in 1v1's but I always get you 2 mixed up

* dreadheaddude - don't think I played you

* FalseFalco - wtf gj on going total beef mode in finals and ya we should play more often so I can become better than 99% of alberta lolol

* Fogel - you're a cool dude, we should of played more then just that night when I arrived

* Fosh - uh...don't think we played

* F T F - too many F's, msg me if I played you or something

* Frio - LOOOOOOOOOOOOL that crew battle was insane, looked like you were getting a little pissed off from all that dunking lol. You have a nice pikachu and I don't know how people use pikachu...its just beyond me

* Geed - WTF CHRIS GET 2ND FOR SSB64 NEXT TIME lol

* Hitsugaya - John you were really fun to play, those marth vs peach games were good stuff...hope to play you again

* I T I - Geed and I teamed against you and some other person right?

* Janitor - lol that interview was pure win, come to edmonton sooner so we can play

* JAPMAN - **** wish we played more, you had some talent

* Joe - don't know if we played or not

* K Lover - your poor falcon didn't like my falcon at all lol

* Kage - hm I didn't even talk to you, oh well

* LemonLau - sid...doing good like always with your pikachu, I have no idea how you do it

* M - ****!! it was so fun playing you lol, those random spikes at the end of the matches I didn't expect either haha. OK that corneria match was making me laugh pretty hard from the marth and samus ledge hogging **** but anyway if we play again ill use someone other than marth maybe lol

* MagnuM - bowser powered stu? xD. Fox vs your bowser is very fun to do and challenging at the same time and **** wtf @ the crew battle....you got all those random Fsmash tippers lol

* ManLi - you're one cool guy and I hope to play you again(were you shocked at how much I got better? xD). srsly the first night I stayed at chads and staying up till 4:30 in the morning playing smash and being obnoxious was sooo fun.

* MICH - ice climbers >_______________________________> did I play you?

* MikeMonkey - I think I got one game with you...fox vs marth....lots of shine,drill,shine,drill,shine,drill etc gg lol

* Neat - You're pretty quiet but **** your ganon is pretty good, each time you went PAWWAWAANCH I was struck with intimidation from your ganon LOL

* Nitrocidal - its too bad you got placed with me first match in ssb64 tournament lol, don't we played melee together

* Patooty - tiep right? you had a pretty cool playstyle, I don't think we played though...hopefully you come out again so we can play.

* Pawl - don't know you

* PH - not ringing a bell

* PKT92 - you and your brother were fun to play, hopefully we play again

* Poo - funny name, probably hate me for commenting on your name lol

* QAZ - uhhhhh?

* R.L.Prodigy - **** you're young, don't think we played

* Sieg - **** ian I avenged you from M that samus player!

* Spin-Dash - we still need to play, hopefully next smash sunday

* Steve - BADUNKADUNKADUNKADUNK....dunk it LOL. seriously you going through 16 stocks in a crew battle with just downthrows made me rofl the whole time, I want to play you more too cause you're cool and stuff

* SuPeRbOoM - How's that Super Mario Galaxy? Feel pretty snazzy don't you? xD

* Valdemar - Don't think we played

***Randall00 - I give most thanks to you for giving all your time to hosting this tournament and making it possible for us to ->smash<-. we still need to play btw

ggz everyone, hope you all had a blast cause I certainly did!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Thanks Randall, 1. For reviving Calgary, and 2. For Proving Stu wrong after I screwed up so badly. What you've done for the smash scene is important, and i think it will carry on even without you. Hopefully I'll get to play you somewhat in Brawl. And yes, I did Kirbycide some noobs. Hey, they gotta learn sometime.

Erm, I didn't play much people, but I'll say what I can.

* =] - See you next weekend I suppose. <_< >_>

* 5950 - Had a lot of fun Friendlies with you, you've got a mean sheik and I can see you only getting better.

* Alphicans - Never played a good Y. Link before, so it was rather hard to adapt. If we get to play again I'll have to try Kirby vs young link. You were really good from what I watched in pools, but I didn't get to see much else.

* Andy Clash - Sorry, =X i'm not quite sure I got to meet you.

* BackItch - Peach... *Glare* Next Time I fight, We've gotta do a tiebreak match. Currently, Preston beat me, and Undoubtedly Patooty would have gotten 13th, so I'm at 15th. If I lose to you that's only 16th! I WILL get hte top 15 though, you just wait and see.

But seriously, Thanks for housing all those guys, hopefully it wasn't too hard. I'm looking forward to kirbyciding playing you more ion the future.

* Beeble - Yoshi's a beast. **** he's hard to edgeguard as well. I'm not sure if I got singles Kirby vs yoshi, or even Marth vs anything, but I know those teams matches were a blast.

* Blunted_Object10 - Didn't really talk to you, so I'm not quite sure what to say... If I get the chance in the future I'd like to play you, it's a shame I didn't here.

* CowEar - Well, it was a nice short tournament match at least. :laugh: Hopefully, if I get to play you again, I'll be good enough to take off at least more than one stock. I think I learned something about playing against Fox while fighting you, so thanks for that opportunity.

* Dan - Man, didn't get to play you.

* Dasupalouie - I played you once. Thanks for the advice you gave me from that match, though. I'm thinking that really is something I need to work on.

* Dingo - Sorry, didn't really get to play you. =X

* DJT88 - Hopefully somehting goes down this weekend. You were awesome as always,and I'm glad I got to play you again. hopefully We'll see you soon.

* dreadheaddude - I saw you there but didn't get a chance to say hello, even. I feel like a jerk now. Hopefully you had fun, and continue to have fun in your smash career.

* FalseFalco - Well, I got ***** in the tournament, but I did get that 0% gay *** alex style spike. Which, in the end, is all that matters. >_> But yeah, I'm looking forward to playing you and all the Edmonton guys again soon. Congrats on second, as well, it was amazing, and it's a shame you had to get ****'d twice by that barrel.

* Fogel - Some fun matches, It's unlikely I'll get to play you, but congrats on your placing. Good job, and nice sheik.

* Fosh - Meep, sorry I didn't get to play you guys.

* F T F - See above. X__x

* Frio - Once again, I didn't really get to play against you guys much, if at all... Harsh.

* Geed - Now, I can't remember if I played you. Were you with Dan in teams? if so, then I did. Anyway, you seemed likea cool guy. I didn't get the chance to talk to you much, but hopefully I'll get the chance to play you again in the future.

* Hitsugaya - I didn't really get to see much of you, bt what I did see was all good. Should I get the chance I'd like to have a match against you in the future.

* I T I - I really wish I got the chance to play you, but I missed it... Dang, I really didn't play that many people. =X

* Janitor - I got revenge for teams So I'm feeling happy. It was nice to meet you again, and Hopefully I'll find hte time to hack you pokemonz... Maybe, probably not. Hopefully I'll get to play you again, you've really improved, nice ganon

* JAPMAN - SHO I'LL MISS YOU! ;_;

* Joe - Didn't really get to play you.

* K Lover - Sorry about the Marth 4 stock, I still needed revenge for teams. Your sheik is amazing and that was a really close match. I'm looking forward to facing you again.

* Kage - Congrats. As with almost everyone else, I didn't play you, or talk to you, but you had an amazing Ganon. Congrats on the win.

* LemonLau - Link and Pikachu?!?! That's like... Linkachu, or a pikachu with bombs and stuff. Fun friendlies, you've got a good link, and it's a sham I didn't get to get owned by pikachu. You always were there when there was a lone cube for a friendy, it seemed.

* M - Dangit, you missed all my great M combos. You're very good, and hopefully I'll be able to play against you more. Samus is tough to beat.

* MagnuM - Good matches, I wish I got to play you when you weren't half a sleep. Hopefully the advice I gave you on Kirbycides helped. One last thing, though, when playing against Kirby, fkee from the ledge. He can't kirbycide in the middle of the stage. I'm looking forward to future matches, low tier or not against you, and I'm glad you managed to forgive me (Or at least not kill me) for my failure a few years back.

* ManLi - I didn't get to play you. =X

* MICH - Well, looks like I'll never get my chance to beat you, or come close, You've got a great IC's, and you're an awesome person all around.

* MikeMonkey - Dang, a lot of people I didn't talk to. Well, I did help you with blind picks vs Hitsugaya, but still, hopefully if I ever go up to Edmonton / you guys come down here, I'lll get a chacne to face you.

* Neat - Dang, no all Zelda. D=

* Patooty - You pretty much owned me in pools. I need to lern to face Fox. Well, it was nice to meet you at least, and hopefully I'll be able to take a stock offf if htere is a next time.

* Pawl - FALCO. ;_; you're a great player, and I'm glad I didn't have to face you in the tournament. xD

* PH - Didn't get to face you.

* PKT92 - I'll get you next time! Good job, knocking me down to 15th at most. Hopefully we'll get the chance to play you guys more.

* Poo - Hey, it's a shame I didn't get to face you. Hopefully you guys had fun, and managed to get some good matches in.

* QAZ - As with the others I didn't even say hello, my apologies. Hopefully we can look forward to seeing you guys around some more.

* R.L.Prodigy - I didn't get to face you much, either, but you're pretty good.

* Sieg - You've got a good sheik, and whil you may or may not be a primarily 64 player, I'm looking forward to possibly facing you again.

* Spin-Dash - Another one I didn't get to face. Sorry.

* Steve - I didn't get to face you, either, but Hopefully I'll see you guys from edmonton at least once more before Brawl.

* SuPeRbOoM - X_x 64 isn't all too fun when you can't even move. xD Absolute ****, and you're good at Melee, as well. It's a shame I couldn't get you in teams with kirby, and I didn't get to play you at all outside of teams.

* Dean - I have to agree, the uppercut is cheap, I'm sorry about that. you're an awesome guy, and Hopefully we'll at least meet again, even if you don't play all too much

--Brad. NO JOHNZ, Also, don't quit. D=

* BuddyVishnu / Zane(Anthony? Chaos? Sorry, I forgot your screen name) - you guys have improved a lot. It was great getting the chance to play you guys again, and hopefully we will see you in the future.

I think that's all...

mach5

Smash Journeyman
superboom!!!!!! how could you not know paul? you played him in the brackets! he took a game off you too! i think he used falco. during your match he played you like second round of the brackets.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Many thanks to Randall for the incredible amount of preparation and work in order to make this tourney a reality. It was a pleasure to attend.
It’s a shame to retire the Pro-Impact Players, but it’s very understandable. We all don’t maintain the same level of interest in the game. (Heck, I’ve nearly fallen off the Smash scene too)

I want to thank everyone that stayed at my house. You where all very courteous and clean, surpassing my roommate’s expectations. I know the basement wasn’t exactly the warmest place to sleep, so thanks for putting up with that. Whatever happened to all those bananas?

If I skipped you in the shoutouts, it’s because I just forgot your name and I’m sorry. I didn’t get to play as many people as I would have liked.
Great idea on those nametags, Randall… I wouldn’t have remembered as many names as I did without them!

First of all,

I feel bad for forgetting his name, but I HAVE to salute the man who’s Falcon-Punch death was so epic, it crashed the N64.
For those that didn’t see it… we where both Falcon on Hyrule stage. Not sure if I was on my last stock, but he was. Someone mentioned something about the Falcon punch, so I tried to see if I could land it.

Falcon Punch! A wide miss.. not even close. Well… he responded with a punch of his own at the exact same time I was winding up my 2nd.
Falcon Punch! We missed each other, facing the opposite direction in the air. So we both turn around, and in the inescapable spirit of the moment, we both hop towards each other, winding up yet another Falcon Punch.
Falcon… His is unleashed a microsecond before mine, but somehow it missed. I swear the image of the falcon was over my body, but the game thought otherwise…
PUNCH! My Falcon Punch was unleashed with full-force, sending my opponent into the sky within the blink of an eye…
There was laughter and cheers over the silliness of the moment… but a brief moment of silence followed once we saw what has happened on-screen! The 64 must have agreed that the moment be frozen in time forever because before my opponent’s certain death, the game froze! He hung in the sky, a smoke trail leading back to my Falcon’s flaming fist. It truly was the highlight of the tourney for me.
Everyone was in good spirits and he immediately went to go shake my hand. I’m sorry for forgetting you name.

1: Kage
Ganon is a BEAST! It was a pleasure to be in Death-Pool with you, getting owned so effortlessly with your Ganon. Congrats on the win, it was surreal to see such good Smash players in person. So few cheers for you during the finals! I couldn’t but help but clap for some of those kills. Well-done.

2: FalseFalcon
As always, your speed and deadly accuracy surprise and impress. I only wish I could play you on a more regular basis. You certainly have a lot of fans and support here in Canada.

3: Hitsugaya
Peach ditto money match! I really didn’t expect to win, the five bucks was yours the moment I challenged you… but it sure was worth every penny to witness what a skilled Peach player can do. I tried to study as many as your Peach matches as I could, and I certainly didn’t walk away empty-handed.

4: Blunted_Object10
I don’t think I ever got to play you! O.o

5: CowEar
Nobody was more surprised that I managed to slip in that victory in the pools than myself. It has been many years since my heart pounded with such force and my hands shook uncontrollably from the surge of adrenaline. I can’t thank you enough for that match.

5: MikeMonkey
Death-Pool, represent!

7: SuPeRbOoM
You’re even more deadly in person than online, playing 64 Smash. I love your attitude, as it seems like you don’t take the game too seriously yet you’re obviously very skilled.

7: Fogel
Deadication to the game, man… who else would fly so far for such a singular purpose? I wish there was more time for you to enjoy your stay here. Man… geeze… your chain-throws are relentless….

9: LemonLau
Many thanks to the man who taught me how to catch turnips!

9: M
I never got to play you, but I did see some of your matches. I always talk of your excellent command of Samus’s recovery options. Always fun to watch the endless spam.

9: MagnuM
I don’t know what happened in our match… was it two? Three suicides? I felt bad giving it away without much a fight. Next time we meet, I’ll be a better opponent. “Double-blind picks?” “I’ll be Peach”. “No, you’re not supposed to tell me”.

9: ManLi
If I was yelling at you, it wasn’t because I was mad or upset... I just like raising my voice in that kinda place to be heard above the crowd if I’m making announcements. Sorry if I came off as an ***.

13: Nitrocidal
“I’m not getting anywhere NEAR that ledge with you hanging there!”

13: PKT92
Preston! Holy molly! You must have eaten some Wheaties or something that morning. Great job!

13: BackItch
“THERE IS NOOOOO FREE PLAY AT THIS TIME!!!!”

17: Janitor
Thanks for bringing the cam to record some stuff, Victor! I look forward to seeing some of that. And yah, Peach is brutal.

17: Alphicans
Okay, if there’s anyone at the tourney I regret not playing against enough, it’s you. Your Young Link was such a pleasure to play the one time I did and I would love a few more ditto matches. You can always learn a lot from those better than yourself, so I feel I could learn volumes from you.

17: Dasupalouie
Good games, man.

Nice showing, man! Doing very well.
17: =]
Where’s your wavedashing now, Levi? I’m still waiting for my moonwalked-sweet-spotted-off-the-ledge-knee-edgeguard.

25: DJT88
Rough brackets, Jeremy. I still need to play more of you, tho. Can’t get enough of those shine-spike Peach gimpage.

25: R.L.Prodigy
Asking people to sign your controller was such an incredible sight, second only to you owning Dean in singles. You truly live up to your name, Prodigy.

25: I T I
Glad you finally got some taste of competition! Hope to see you able to get out of Cochrane more often.

25: JAPMAN
Sad to see you go so soon! I hope you and Stu got some Bowser dittos in there.

33: Neat
I feel like crap that I had to bail on you for teams… we would have gotten far! Thanks for the freaky-strange yet tasty chocolate cookie thing.

33: Kithkin
Death-Bracket was harsh..but..

49: PH
Nobody felt the effects of death-bracket more than you, I’m sorry you had to face so much of Kage so soon.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
yay chads alive! and i did hear about your talk about my samus. "samus has so many ways to recover she has like 4. if you take one of them away she has 3 more!" haha

FalseFalco

Smash Master
FalseFalco – Wtf how did you lose? Do better next time >_>

Kage – When I went to Toronto oh so long ago and met you I wasn’t really sure about what I thought of you. Luckily this time you were an amazing person so I don’t mind losing to you at all. You have the ideal philosophy of a smash player and perhaps that was why you have improved so much in so little time. Keep the ganon alive mannnn

Manuel – You’re as nuts as ever LOL. When we were just learning how to team I was thinking “oh god this is never gonna work…” then in the brackets you pull out all this random fox limbo stuff and you start playing 5x better and I’m like LOL K LETS GET THIRD. And we did! You were definitely the most colorful smasher at this tournament and you’re once again quite a fun person to be with even if I can’t keep up with everything you do (Inside and outside smash). If you ever face me in the brackets again you just need to land more of your fabled Manli grabs!

Eric – FALCOXEMBLEMXPRYDE! Eric you seem to care about how well I do in the tourney more than yourself, and its quite disorienting. Your falco is certainly of pristine caliber and you’re probably the sole reason I even switched characters off of FOXFOXFOXFOXFOX for this tourney. I think you bam and I should start a dashizwiz fanclub and start playing falco all the time! Sucks you lost to John, revenge **** him at dan2 maybe? I dunno…

John – Peach 2 gud! I was hoping I could get my revenge on your shiek for my UTTER EMBARRASSMENT at ct3 but you never gave me the chance :(. We had some tight matches, and I think out of everyone at the tournament you felt the strongest mentally. While I was playing I constantly felt like I knew that you knew that I knew that…. I’m sure you know the feeling and I love those matches because **** just falls into place when 2 players know exactly what each other is going to do. You should learn brinstar and take all the spacies in west coast there and just **** them! Also you’re REALLY good at teams, I’m still shamed that we lost to silent and dj combo way back when, but you seem to be owning all the teams matches you play these days.

Tiep – You’re so quiet and polite, I have mad respects for that kind of thing. I was surprised you didn’t whip out samus (fox can get predictable when there are so many of them) but that’s none of my business. Good job in teams, you’re an amazing team player and if Ryan learns your patience, and you learn Ryan’s spastic playstyle you two will be a deadly pair. I never did say thanks for giving me a like 60 minute ride last January back to the brown residence to pick up my mem card in your gorgeous Tiep-mobile: THANK YOU TIEP.

Ryan – You should pick up a new character. LOL that sounds harsh; I mean pick up a secondary and train it to the level of your Fox so that you can take it easy and learn better with that character. It worked for me. It seems like you get frustrated very easily with Fox. I don’t know if it’s recent or something personal or whatever, but I remember way back in January you were like totally chill taking top spots at Eric’s tourney and I was getting flustered and losing to all these Washington guys. It seems like we traded personalities at this tourney, but if you learned to take it a little easier you will be owning. Also I love how you’re completely nonsensical on the boards but in person you have an aura of intelligence I don’t get out of your posts. That’s the way it should be :D. Keep it upz!

Fogel – I still remember in that Toronto crew battle where I upb’ed with marth into your lightshield edgehog and killed you somehow and you were like “HOW DID YOU DO THAT” LOL. Too bad you’re mad goods now getting 7th and all so I can’t act like I knew what I was doing anymore hahaha. I don’t have a lot of respect for shiek (not that I’m entitled to get any respect, being a fox player and all) but yours definitely has a unique style. You’ve taken that platform grab thing to another level, and anyone who plays you can’t really block due to your agro grab scheme. I’m not sure if shiek is best suited to your style, but that’s not for me to decide. Good games!

Randall00 – Holy **** you did it. You accomplished your goal, and your sacrifices (letting people trash your house, putting up with no-shows, making a tournament run on limited equipment, salvaging fuxud up brackets, running 2 simultaneous tourneys each day BY YOURSELF, the list goes on) are recognized by people like me and although it may not have seemed like it, I really sympathized with the stress you must have gone through. Somehow you managed to keep a relatively constant smile on your face while screaming at people to gtfover to their stations. Sad to hear about the P-Imps breaking up, but that kind of thing happens a lot with this game and community. You pretty much MADE the Alberta scene, and although I’ve shot down a lot of your ideas I can respect the effort you are constantly making. You have some skills I can’t utilize in terms of organization and communication so having someone with your level of commitment is fantastic. Yeah about that commitment thing; take a break. You earned it. You have no obligations to anyone anymore.

MICH – You’re very personable, and I enjoyed your dialogue throughout my stay at the Pro-Impact residence. You may not have started your impressions off properly with the whole ear cleaning thing, but I’m glad you didn’t let that stop you ;). Thanks for bringing Sid/Manuel’s controllers; they wouldn’t have been able to play without them. This may be a little personal for a shoutout but I LOLED when I woke you up on the first day and you basically shouted yourself awake hahahaha that was too good.

=] – Nice shirt. I can see you’ve taken some of my smash lore to heart and put it into your game. If you keep at this game with whatever character you want, you’re going to get good. That’s just how it works. You have quite the capacity for learning, and you have a range of characters you enjoy so your growing curve should be really healthy from here on in. Ideally, I could play your more and you could gauge your skill more and more, but that’s always hard to do. Playing you it seemed like you choked just a lil bit vs my Fox (?) but as I’ve already told you that’s a bit of a rough matchup against my dashcamping fox ****er. Yes, my dashdancing fox ****er.

Janitor – Thanks for actually competing and recording all this shiz, and even though I want to hound you every day about VIDZVIDZVIDZ I’ll try and take it easy over the next month or something. I could really use your cinematography for ct4 (yes C. T. 4. *****ES.) but I’ll talk to you about that on a later date.

Mike – You taught me everything I know, and I don’t think I could have asked for a better style to learn from. You seemed to be playing poorly at this tournament, kind of like how I felt playing Marth in Toronto. However, your Marth is tiers above mine so I have no idea. Hopefully you keep coming to tourneys and stuff, or at least ****ing around with Shawn and I once Brawl is out. Oh yeah and FOXFOXFOXFOXFOXFOXFOX ALLLLLLL DAYYYYYYYY EVERY MATCH. You and I really need to work out a solution to that problem.

Stu – Definitely stepped it up this tourney with the bowser and all. I was watching that whole set and I was impressed at how you handed that game vs Fogel. You’re probably the only player I’ve ever seen/ever will see counterpick shiek with bowser. Your game has room for improvement but your were definitely more solid this tourney than ever before. Also lol at playing kithkin all the time.

Luis – You actually played like I’d never seen before. Usually you’re either making fun of me when I play or being a cool guy but never both. UNTIL THIS TOURNEY LOL. You always seem like you’re not really interested in competing but I think the next tourney you go to you should step up and knock some people out. Just for kicks.

Kithkin – lol your so mean to me in person sometimes. I don’t think we quite get along yet but eventually… I saw you keeping pace with levi in that shiek ditto set, in the last match I thought you were gonna take him out on pokémon, but somehow you lost. HMMZ KINDA LIKE SOMEONES FINALS SET LOL

Spin-Dash – I hope you enjoyed your first real tourney, and you took something away from it. Now if some noob challenges you to a random smash fight, you can tell him you’ve played with the better players in the country, and that he has no chance to survive. Hope the ride was comfortable, and thanks for being so polite!

Beeble – YOSHI. Sucks you couldn’t do teams, but you and Sid should make a teams comeback by CT4. By then you will be able to triple jump anyway so I see that going places. I watched you do some f$*ked match with Sid in pools and that was delightful. On a side note, hearing you behind me going “OH HOLY ****” was pretty encouraging too.

LemonLau – Took a match off Kage=too good. Now I know how to counterpick him next time ;). Reppin the low tier as always, it’s too bad there was no low tier tourney for you to own up, but I think you did fine nonetheless.

Scott - SCOTTTT

Steve – lol noone could find you on singles day and I was getting worried but eventually you showed up and played marth and took on all these foxes. It seemed like luck wasn’t with you that day and I remember some unfortunate turns in some of your matches, but I guess it varies tourney to tourney. You should seriously pick up dk and go on a run like PKM is doing these days. I don’t know how I’d handle a dk LOL.

Alphicans – Definite improvement. You’ve got real drive my friend, and now you can see how your practice has payed off. Even despite playing John first round, you managed to keep your chin up and keep it real. Keep coming and smashing and you will place higher and higher and higher…

Ian I think? - The shiek who took some stock off my Fox on FD in crews. Man, I don't know if it was you or me but something about you made you seem untouchable for the first 3 stocks. Eventually you started falling for my lame Fox ****, but for a while I couldn't figure you out! YOU'RE AN ANOMALY LOL.

Frio – You look like me LOL

DJT – I didn’t play you very much, but you seem to have kept your fox in good shape. You (to my knowledge) didn’t get falcon punched this time so that’s a start. K looking back that makes me sound like an ******* but you know what I mean. Keep it up!!!!!!!!

PKT – Thanks for being my cheerleader for a day lol. You were really excitable and almost childish (?) but it was really humbling to talk to someone who I had impressed in one way or another. You got 13th which is pretty freaking amazing for the first tourney I’ve seen you at. I hope you come to my tournament in May and show some people what’s up. As long as you stay happy with this game (and brawl) you’re sure to improve.

SSuUppErBOOm – 64 against you is a joke. You definitely have a talent for both 64 and melee. I wonder if you’ll master melee once Brawl comes out XD. I didn’t see many of your melee matches so I can’t comment, but I had fun playing you in 64. Come smash more ^_^

K Lover – I only watched one of your matches, but you have a grasp of marth now. I’m glad ^_^. Keep on repping red deer.

Backitch – You looked good this tourney. I mean in smash. You managed to keep up with Stu, and he’s definitely plays a bad matchup for you so I’m impressed. I saw you ****** a black doc player and it reminded me of how you beat me in that exact matchup at cast3. Made me smile.

M – I didn’t even know you were there :( you again took an impressive placing at this tourney, so I really need to play your myself to see what I think of your samus now :D.

I T I – Didn’t play you much, Apparently you’re newer to the Calgary scene, but you’ve been a smashboards member since 2006 :S:S:S either way keep going to tourneys in your area. You’re lucky to have the wealth of smashfests Edmonton doesn’t right now.

PL prodigy – Hahahaha I can’t believe you got me to sign your controller that was epic. Keep up the marth stuff, I heard more than 1 person say they were amazed by your abilities. Don’t let the age difference get to you either. I was competing with this game at just older than your age and I just kept practicing.

5950 – If only I could play shiek! Then I’d help you out. Sorry I had to cancel my match with you, but if you come to any other tournament I’m at, I promise we will get to play at least once. Try to take everything you can get from a match with someone. All the little details. They may not seem important but they are. Lol that sounded really cryptic, what I mean is pay attention to both your character and your opponents character. Paying more attention to your opponent is more important to winning the match because you get to figure out their habits, but paying attention to yourself is more important to improving, because you figure out your own habits and downfalls.

If you didn’t get a shoutout that means you don’t deserve one. LOL at this point my wrist is about to break so I’m done for the day. If I remember anything spectacular I’ll put it below, and you and I can reminisce.

-Carl <3

I T I

Smash Apprentice
FalseFalco – Wtf how did you lose? Do better next time >_>
The games were fun, though. We were pretty even until you switched to something you actually played. ><

Kage – Well done. Thanks to you, Manuel and the others for playing all those friendlies with me. I learned a lot. My second favorite Quebecker to date. :p

Manuel – You're insane. YOU CAN'T BEAT BOWSER LOLOLOL :laugh:
But seriously, the games were fun.

Eric – Wow. Definitely the strong, silent type- I'm sorry I didn't get to play you more.

John – Keep it up, man. Peach is madness.

Fogel – I didn't get to play you, or really talk to you at all.... sorry. >_>

Randall00 – Thank you so much for running this thing, and making sure I felt welcome. It was way too much fun... Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some biweeklies now =)

MICH – Sorry I didn't get to play you. Cya at the biweeklies.

Levi – JERK

Victor – VIDZVIDZVIDZVIDZ
But seriously. You're a genuinely good guy- our games were fun. :)

Mike – A good dude. I really regret not getting some more games in against you... the FOXFOXFOXFOX RAEP was unbelievable. :<

Stu – Our Boozer ditto was hella kute. I only wish we had more.

Kithkin – YOU OWE ME A MONEY MATCH

SHOW UP TO THE BIWEEKLIES

Spin-Dash – You were amazing for never having played competitively, and so polite. Keep quietly, subtly making the world a better place. :)

Alphicans – Wtf, knee. It's a shame we didn't get more proper games in- YL vs Jiggs is just no fair. ;)
Congrats on beating me in the losers' bracket. That game was HELLA CLOSE!

Frio – Was fun.

Backitch – Hehe, sorry that I wasn't a better sport about our tourney game. I look forward to playing again :)

M – Boozerboozerboozerboozerboozerboozerboozerboozerboozer.... Thanks for the great fun games. **** bomb jump.

I T I – Dammit man, getting eliminated first round? YOU SUCK

PL prodigy – You and 5950 scared the hell out of me- losing would have been so embarrassing. >_> Keep up the good work, guys.

Sorry to those who didn't get shoutouts... it's probably because I didn't know/play you or just remember to stick you on the list. >_>

Fogel

Smash Lord
I stole Janitor's shoutout list, minus people who I didn't talk to/play. Very sorry if I forgot anyone; I'm bad with names and there are some people I remember playing but forgot who they were.

Randall: Excellent job on the tournament, you are the most enthusiastic and motivated tournament organizer I've run into! No one else has put as much effort into a tourney as you have. Sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed with the organization side of things, I feel the same way sometimes with the Ottawa scene.

Unfortunately we didn't get to play this time around, which is a shame because it's always fun to play a good low tier main. Hopefully you'll still be playing Brawl and we can meet again :)

Kithkin: Randall forgot you :( Close matches in brackets, your Sheik is really good and you would have been seeded higher had you not been in that death pool. Good games!

ManLi: Stop breaking everything! You are a cool guy and are fun to talk to, also good stuff in friendlies, I don't think I ever beat you.

Hitsugaya, Patooty, CowEar: Entertaining conversations in the van to/from the tourney! I don't think we played much, except I did get a couple of friendlies in with CowEar where I mostly got wrecked. Good job repping BC!

Kage: Good job on 1st Warrior. BEAST COAST!

MagnuM: Good sets in singles, you're the toughest Bowser I've ever had to face!

LemonLau: Amazing Pikachu, I never thought I'd see a Pika take 11 stocks off a crew but you did it. Also, close match in pools, your Fox is amazing too. I thought you had me for sure there!

MikeMonkey: It was nice to meet the Punch Crew legend, I used to watch a bunch of your old videos back in the days when it was you, Jarrod, Nick, and Aaron (do any of those guys still play?). You're insanely good, I'm surprised I even won a round in singles. Good matches, hope to see you again sometime!

Blunted_Object10: Good to see you again Eric! Your Falco is ownage and super-adaptable, I don't think I ever took more than 2 stocks off you out of all the games we had on both days. You took out our entire crew all by yourself :( If you're in Ottawa again sometime let me know, we should get together.

FalseFalco: Excellent job in the tourney, your tech skill is insane. I'm glad we at least got to play a couple of friendlies, all your characters are really good. However, you didn't use dash attack at all that last Fox stock :/

Dasupaluise: Good dsmashing and fsmashing in teams, we are definitely the undisputed 13th placers!

Beeble: Crazy Yoshi, I think you're the first serious Yoshi player I've faced.

DJT:I'm pretty sure you're the 3-letter-initial guy I had friendlies with Saturday night, hopefully I got the right one :) Anyways, good matches, you seemed to play a lot of characters and they were all pretty good.

BackItch: Thanks again for the housing Chad, you're a hero for housing me for 3 nights! Let me know if you're in Ottawa sometime, I can try to return the favour. Your Peach is pretty good, especially given you haven't been playing SSBM much. Congrats on 13th!

Superboom: Good matches at Chad's, and in crews. It's a shame we didn't get to play more. Your SSB64 skills are godly, I'm glad I didn't play you at that :p

Sieg: Sorry we didn't team up this time, if I'm in WC again and you want a partner I will team with you for sure, you have the highest priority! The characters you used at Chad's are all good, keep it up!

Levi: DUNKIN!

Stevo: You dunked me and poor Kizu :( We never got to get in a whole set, were you even around on day 2?

Fogel: I hate your Sheik. I'd love to say i had fun but i honestly didn't. kkthxbai.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who took the time to sign my brother's controller. He really appreciates it. Good Games had by all (except with Fogel ELL O ELL.)
The first time you said it I figured it was just a joke, but every post I've seen since then has referenced our game so you must have some kind of beef about our set.

I'm sorry you didn't have fun during our set, but I'm not going to apologize for the chain grabbing on your Ganon. Kithkin (Sheik ditto) and MagnuM (Bowser, sorta Marth at low %) could have complained here too, but they didn't. AME was a big tournament, and I was one of only two ECers, so I wanted to play my hardest in every match to make sure I represented EC to the fullest. That means I chain grabbed characters that could be chain grabbed.

I don't know if you're upset about the Sheik vs. Fox match too, but if you are I don't know what to say. Fox has the advantage in the matchup, and I can't chain throw Foxes. At low % there aren't many combos I can do. I'd say Sheik can't do too much "gay" stuff vs. Fox aside from gimping his recovery, but well that's what the Sheik vs. space animals match-up comes down to if the Sheik wants to win. Trying to fight space animals straight-up usually means losing.

Aside from that, a couple of people in my crew in Ottawa main space animals, and I had been playing lots of Foxes that day in friendlies and matches, including: CowEar, Carl, Eric, Sid, and many others, so I was prepared for Foxes in brackets. I don't know what else to say.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ugh, don't worry too much about it. I put that behind me.

It's true, i didn't have fun at all with Ganon in that set, but what can you do, i honestly wasn't prepared for anything like that. I don't wanna John or anything, you're a good player and i was gonna loss to you either way.

I liked your Jacket.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Fogel's right, Fox Shiek is no fun without some kind of advantage for shiek, and Ganon should be used to *** ****** chainthrows :D

Even when it was Fogel vs Stu, for a split second I was thinking like "THAT ***** IS CHAINTHROWING A BOWSER", but really, losing to a bowser would be much worse.

I still like you Fogel <3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Since Everyone is doing it I mine as well give some shout outs :)

Randall: VERY good job with the tournament. We got no matches in which sucked because we were planning on having some y.link dittios, but i guess you were busy. I really wanted to play a good luigi cause luigi's are cool.

FalseFalco: Didn't play you at all Carl, and i wasn't even there to see the finals :(. Congratz on second though and I am sure Kage was worthy of losing to.

Steve: Umm no comment really, it kinda speaks for itself -,- DUNKED!!!!!!!!!.

Superboomfan and the rest of your crew: You guys were hilarios.... dunking how absurd.

Fosh: A good showing Anthony you were impressive. But you dissapointed me when you started playing with your rubiks cube with victor -__________-

Frio: Good job to you to mark, even with your lack of technical skill you still managed to beat people including victor lol. I lol'd big time.

Janitor: Well I wanted more matches with you, but we got some in. I was gonna win the first match we had I was winning ;). Umm rubiks cubes are gay never play with them again honestly, you got owned by Fogel which was hilarious. We pretty much tied in tourny so touche.

I T I: What does the name stand for? Anways that match was intense my God. Your jiggly is 2 good for my y.link to handle thats why i pulled out the C.Falcon. That match almost gave me a heartattack lol, GG.

Kage: Didn't play you, didn't speak to you, barely saw you, but congratz on winning and you have an amazing Ganon (from what I hear xD).

Beeble: Well we finally had our yoshi ditto. Although it was only one match I'd say it was pretty close, but you got the insane yoshi mindgames. We played alot of doubles together which was fun.

Kizu: OMFG POOLS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..... LOL. TOO CLOSE.

LemonLau: No matches but always a pleasure talking with you. I hope you and Frio(Mark) play sometime so you can teach him some serious pika powers.

Nitrocidal: We had that one pools match which was fun. I think i could take your Marth in a set. Although when we were playing friendly doubles your Kirby was really annoying lol. I'd come to the edge and die GOD!!!. I wanna 1v1 ur kirby one day cause kirby is a pimp.

Sieg: Lol you were getting seriously pissed in crews. "I HATE GAY YOUNG LINKS THAT HAVE SEX WITH MEN!!" I believe was your exact quote. To bad steve dunked out entire crew :(.

R.L.Prodigy and 5950: Amazing guys, seriously super young and super good. You guys almost beat me and Anthony on teams o.o.

=]: We had no matches sadly, and we had a MM set up, next time we will get to play.

KithKin: Umm that MM was weird but w/e you won. I screwed up some many times on the edgehog, but GG i guess.

Spindash: You kinda just jumped in our Noobschoolbus, which was cool. You got a good Link and i think you should stick to him, don't go Ganon. You have an extremely weird way of using the controller, but if it works for you then stick with it. Hope to play you at a smashsunday

That is everyone I played I think, sorry if i missed one of you. GG'S AND SEE YOU AT THE NEXT TOURNY I HAD FUN

I T I

Smash Apprentice
Alphicans: Insult To Injury. Y'know, when I smack someone down with Boozer. Also, it's symmetrical and stuff- looks good on tags. >_>

Beware, I will learn how to play vs Falcon before we meet again. Next time, you won't be so lucky. >:-D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I will learn to play jiggs with y.link, and then what will you do? spending so much time on C.falcon i will use y.link in the end.. MWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA THE PERFECT PLAN!!!!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Fogel – I still remember in that Toronto crew battle where I upb’ed with marth into your lightshield edgehog and killed you somehow and you were like “HOW DID YOU DO THAT” LOL. Too bad you’re mad goods now getting 7th and all so I can’t act like I knew what I was doing anymore hahaha. I don’t have a lot of respect for shiek (not that I’m entitled to get any respect, being a fox player and all) but yours definitely has a unique style. You’ve taken that platform grab thing to another level, and anyone who plays you can’t really block due to your agro grab scheme. I’m not sure if shiek is best suited to your style, but that’s not for me to decide. Good games!
Hm yeah I wondered about that edgeguard for a while. I talked it over with a bunch of people and I'm thinking I must have held down for too long, so it didn't grab the edge. As for the last comment, out of curiousity, what character do you think fits my style?

It's true, i didn't have fun at all with Ganon in that set, but what can you do, i honestly wasn't prepared for anything like that. I don't wanna John or anything, you're a good player and i was gonna loss to you either way.

I liked your Jacket.
I know it isn't fun to be CGed...I've done enough Sheik dittos and been 0-deathed enough times that I can sympathize. Not sure if you were aware of this, but Ganon can actually chain grab Sheik just as badly as Sheik can CG Ganon. It's harder for Ganon to get the grab in than it is for Sheik, but if you can get it, use it!

My jacket kept me nice and warm in that cold gym :)

Fogel's right, Fox Shiek is no fun without some kind of advantage for shiek, and Ganon should be used to *** ****** chainthrows :D

Even when it was Fogel vs Stu, for a split second I was thinking like "THAT ***** IS CHAINTHROWING A BOWSER", but really, losing to a bowser would be much worse.

I still like you Fogel <3
Don't worry, I know chaingrabbing low tiers doesn't exactly make me a hero. I don't underestimate low tiers, and I took Stu's Bowser 100% seriously so I did what I had to. I got booed in one of our matches, so I think most people agree that it's lame. If it weren't me playing the match I probably would have cheered for Bowser too :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That gym was cold. I wanted to wear gloves cause my fingers were freezing. (NO JOHNS LOL). Levi kept it nice and warm though with his aura of sex.

kithkin

Smash Champion
LOL JOSH YOURE ON

also, did carl just say im similar to him? <3

edit: Dude, It was fluke that my DK took your yoshi, but I say you have a great yoshi, not many people will try that in a MM

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
AME for ManLi

First off, I want y'all to know I had a blast at the tournament, and I know everyone did their best to contribute to that environment. Thanks for the memories.

Individual shoutoutz =D

* =] . Levi. I can't believe you didn't play me. After all the sheik vs marth conversation we had. I saw some of your matches and you made me happy. Don't doubt your ability; smash is a game of learning. And you've done great.

* BackItch - Chad. Thanks so much for housing myself and my BC buddies. You were incredibly hospitable and we couldn't have asked for a better host. I only got to play a single friendly against you, but it was fun, your peach has its own style. Or maybe BC peaches are just boring =P. Thanks for allowing this experience to happen for me.

* Beeble - Yoshi! It was nice to play your yoshi because I was hit by unexpected things. It kept it interesting. You were very courteous and fun to play with. =D

* Blunted_Object10 - I'm sorry you didn't get to own for us. You did great in crews against Kage and myself. Way to surprise me and Carl at that donair place. You scared the crap out of us. May you continue to scare the crap out of us, in smash of course. BC MVP for always.

* CowEar - Ryab. You are capable of many things. Don't get angry for things which you can fix. Worldly failures are only as important as you make them. Thanks for reppin' BC.

* DJT88 - Thanks for being so supportive man. You are a great player, and you enjoy the game as much as I do. You have the potential to be a seriously skilled player.

* FalseFalco a.k.a Gohan - My partner. My eating companion. My friend. It was awesome to see you again. You made this trip fun. You know how to go SuperSaiyan. Sorry for any distractions we caused. You have the possibility of being the best player around anywhere. Me and Eric were like "lolz m2k carl will **** you at the butt". Too good, come to BC we'll treat you right.

* Fogel - Good games. You have a good sheik, matches were fun. Thanks for coming such a long way to spend time with us WC. Hopefully you had fun, and we're not all jerks. Good job repping EC.

* Geed - Fun matches at Chad's. It was also fun to play you before getting owned by Dan. Way to show me up with Kirby in front of a million people =P .

* Hitsugaya - Amazing job in doubles, and great stuff in crews. I don't have to say anything to you that you don't already know. You know your potential and your skill. Thanks for being my greyhound buddy, hope it was bearable. You made it easier for me.

* Janitor - Way to be my paparazzi. I never got tiep and ryan back... but I will at upcoming tournaments. Well I got ryan in brackets. but TIEP. Great to meet you man.

* JAPMAN - Yay for japman, for your enthusiasm. You are a skilled player, too. Be less intimidated, my character still has the same metaphysics as other Foxes. Great to see you!

* Kage - You proved your warrior spirit. Congratulations. You were a great fun to hang out with. You maxed out your character. Amazing. But we never played serious matches. We will one day. I've yet to show you what fear is.

* LemonLau - SID I SAW YOU AGAIN. Great pika dittos. Your fox is interesting too. Your match against Kage was one of my favourites in the whole tournament. GG!

* MagnuM - Great to see you again Stu. Such a cool guy =D, I will see you again,n won't I?

* MikeMonkey - I see why all the veteran BC smashers rave about you, Mike. You're awesome in every aspect of a smasher. Good games.

* Patooty - Sorry about your controller, man. Good job in doubles. I know you could have had it.

* Randall - Don't let bitterness cloud your view of this world. There is much beauty to experience, much pain to overcome, but you are blessed. In every little thing that screws you, you are blessed. When one thinks he has it all figured out, he is struck again and again until he realizes the truth. You ran a great tournament.

* Steve - You're ****. You are one of the best of the WC, undoubtedly. You're such a cool guy, too. Embodiment of perfect smasher.

* SuPeRbOoM - Fun matches. You are good at the smash 64 game. I guess. You improved immensely. BC thinks you are made of win. and BC is never wrong.

moooo~!

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I liked your Jacket.
Start breaking the tier list and own every match up!! =D

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
What a great tournament! This was well worth the trials and tribulations to get out to Calgary to see some of the country's finest, as well as just being part of a really tight community.

=] - GGs in pools. Stupid sleep. Too bad we didn't get more games in, I really like playing you. CT4? Hopefully sooner :D

5950 - Wow. Your sheik was great. Kids these days.

Alphicans - Luke, you have come so far in just a few months. Your y.link is a far deeper character now, and I see you've been able to pick up a few other characters. Keep up the good work, I look forward to playing you more.

BackItch - Sorry you got screwed in pools. Had some good friendlies at the end there, wish it could have been more. Many thanks for helping run a great tournament.

Blunted_Object10 - Sick falco man. Your spacing is immaculate and those lasers.... It was great staying with you @ Randall's, many good games that got stupider as the night went on.

DJT88 - I don't think we played, which is dissapointing because I wanted to rematch you from CAST3. Oh well. Good talking to you, and will hopefully play you again soon.

FalseFalco - Epic matches man (not vs me mind you). I look forward to watching those on the interwebs. Your knowledge of the game is always impressive, and becomes more apparent as you move further through the bracket. Congrats again.

Fogel - First, it was great that you came all the way out from beast coast, and I for one hope you return. Good job in our pool; your sheik is a really interesting thing to play against. Slower paced, but still deadly. Props.

Janitor - GGs in casuals. I think that was the first time we met offline/played. Good Ganon man, and you've also convinced me that I'm better off investing time in my yoshi then my shiek.

Kage - Congratulations on first. It wasn't an easy crowd to do it in. Your Ganon is truly amazing, and also very entertaining. It was fun staying at Randall's with you.

Kithkin - Good seeing you Brad, I would have liked to get some more games in, but oh well. Come to Etown.

Kizu - We obviously need to train you more :p. Good job man. You had some really sweet moments when I watched your matches. And we are totally dragging you to CT4.

LemonLau - Good job on getting a lucky bracket after sandbagging :p. Your fox is way better, and super weird. SOOO many dtilts. Also, you are truly one of my favourite players to watch, because, while you do repeat whatever works, you also come up with ingenius stuff that works eg. the fox tap tap, run off platform nair. SOO Mighty. We team next time ja?

MagnuM - Downtown calgary sux eh? You had some good money matches that I saw, and your pools match vs fogel was definately worth watching. Keep reppin bowser (which reminds me, we need some bowser/yoshi matches).

ManLi - I did not know you were that good at 64.

Neat - Good casuals man. And a good pools match too.

Nitrocidal - I hate kirby. Really. Oh well, I still hafta respect that you know what your doing
with him, and that's hard. Go Low Tier! Also, your marth is pretty nice.

RANDALL - What can I say. This was a great tournament. I didn't compete in as much as I would have like, but w/e. Thank you for housing me. Thank you for bringing together so many great players in such a great way. You did great at organizing so many people, and I look forward to the next time you do this.

R.L.Prodigy - Crazy good for a kid your age. Keep it up.

Steve - Great sheik. You had some really great matches that I saw.

Spin-Dash - GGs. Hopefully I'll see you around the Edmonton scene more.

SuPeRbOoM - I see you got your super mario galaxy that you came for. And you still layed down some smack in melee. Hope to play you more when you pop into town.

Anyone I missed, GGs and sorry.

-Beeble/MikeWhyte/ThatPinkYoshiPlayer

Geed

Smash Rookie
Well, I never go on these fourms but I thought Id just say this...
Dunk my friends.. That is all
(Twas some fun and a good way to end smash. thx all)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Kirby requires zero preperation. You fight him, and learn in 30 seconds that he has nothing on you, except for suicide kills lol

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Kage - Mega gratz on winning a tournament with ganon, not only that but @ wc. i don't think any of your matches were not epic. good ****. sorry i didn't give you that mm =[

FalseFalco- Carl you are too kind, always a pleasure seeing you again. your fahx got a lot better, even i saw it. good **** bringing falco back to tournament :D, and also falcon; I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. play more wacky stages so you don't get brinstarr'd =[. Perhaps items too :3

Hitsugaya- John you are awesome, I didn't even play you outside of 2v2, i hardly even talked to you much, but when i did you were very friendly

Blunted_Object10- I SEE YOU :3

CowEar- You're awesome, but kinda quiet =\ thanks for telling me stuff about the aggressiveness and junk, it helped / meant a lot

MikeMonkey- Mike wtf where u go?!? I don't think I have ever played you EVER

SuPeRbOoM- Dan I dunked up. our epic sets didn't occur. gg sweeping 64

Fogel- I can't believe you came from ontario on your own; gg. you cg'd stu's bowza, sorry i boo'd you. you were pretty chill; nice meeting you bro

LemonLau- Sid you are awesome thanks for letting me borrow your jacket on multiple occasions. lol @ suiciding in crews >_>. you are too awesome. You are still a badder dude than even I. Hats off, knives out

M- Allan, as always you did good in the tournament =\ remember when i was watching you and dan have friendlies and i was like ALLANS GONNA PLACE A SOLID 9. and then you did. HOW'D I DO DAT? PS. I Still feel terrible about what i thought you thought

MagnuM- REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGHRRRRRRRRRRRR BOWZA GG

ManLi- I didn't play you, lol. you walk around a lot, like cral said. gg taking second in ssb64. i dunno how you did it cus i missed more than half the matches =P. zomg i was ur first shoutout lulz; we'll play next time fo sho :D

Nitrocidal- GG you owned. do that good @ crews this weekend

PKT92- Preston you totally stepped it up. i heard you did good in crews too. despite being cursed to face the same crew twice

BackItch- CHAD YOU RUINED MY BRACKET ;_; YOU'RE NOT SPOSED TO BEAT RYAB. lol jk i don't really care. gratz, we need to play more 64

Patooty- Tiep you're too good, i heard you talkin bout sho to some people =P

Steve- DUNK, gg, you totally kept our crew afloat, or should i say ADUNK

K Lover- MAN THIS IS SO GAY, FUCK A***S. GG's sh it was fun

Janitor- stepped it up, gg. I'm sure everyone owes you a thanks for bringing the films and ****.

Alphicans- Luke you guys got dunked. gg taking out ian in crews. We still haven't played

Dasupalouie- Always apleasure, You're hilarious bro. GG goin' throught the hole. HXC MUFUGGA

Pawl- I never see you, i didn't even get to play you this time around. Rep dem spacies son, Come to more calgary **** too, Allan always tells me about how you're so awesome, but i only get to witness it on VERY rare occasions.

dreadheaddude- GG I can't believe you guys made it... haven't from you guys in a long time

=]- I love your shirt

DJT88- JEREMY WTF WHY DO YOU GET SO GOOD SO FAST. you're a beast. hope to see you tis weekend. Always apleasure seeing you, you are the nicest person ihave ever met in my entire life.

Frio- sorry you got dunked bro =]

R.L.Prodigy- ANDY YOU ARE AMAZING. YOUR MATCHES ARE INTENSE. NEVER GIVE UP. I LOVE YOU MAN

I T I- thanks for unblocking me. i don't have anything to say though.

Fosh- You are so cool. You were a great anchor for your crew. you did SO good vs steve. you kept your cool, and overall are a great guy. Sorry we only played 1 match, i feel terrible for having to leave you like that. especially since you asked me to play SPECIFICALLY, I know it's hard to walk up to someone and ask to play them when you don't know them. Hope to see you again bro.

JAPMAN- Sho you are awesome. I've been missing you ever since you left. This friday i was like **** YEAH WEEKEND. SHO'LL BE OVER, then i was like oh yeahhh... ;_;. I heard some people commenting on your oh so pro peach, gg. you're getting real good.

5950- HXC BRO. MAD SKILLZ =]

Beeble- MIKE MY GOD. Seriously you totally stepped it up like 90% since i last saw you, ****ing mindgames'd. I couldn't beleive it. your yoshi has MAD style. Totally had me fooled; unfortunatly the stage has been redubbed marth's story =[. Crazy rest, that completely turned the match around. You are always fun to play vs. I'll totally try and find you when iFINALLY take a trip to edmonton.

Neat- I'm the master of items, not you. GG

Poo- LOL

Valdemar- Dean you are too cool. so funny. thanks for showing up, even though iknow you don't like playing that much.

Spin-Dash- Brandon you're crazy, you did so well for your first tournament. keep playing edmonton you'll become great in like 3 months no jokes

Sieg- Ian you are so kind. Hope i helped with most of your questions. maybe you could teach me k-style some time =P

Joe- LOL

Kizu- Scott you are one cool cat, I knew ever since you gave me that look when ifirst saw you, that you would be awesome LMFAO. I wish you knew more people there cus you looked kinda lonely most of the time. Hope to see you again bro

Kithkin- Brad, your bracket / pool was like 30 times gayer than our shiek ditto's, sorry. hope you had fun.

Dan- LOL

PH- LOL

QAZ- LOL; hope you had fun though. you did dece in pools =]

Liz- gg taking best gurl award

Jessica- we beat sean and allan LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alphicans

Smash Hero
After watching the final videos, I was left wondering why, Carl, why did you go fox for most of the matches? I know it was on FD but your Falco won that match even after suiciding. I understand Fox is a better characted, but I thought your main was Falco :\

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
No one plays falco anymore. he gets gimped too easily. All the great falco players know that now and usually don't play him. Also carl's fox is better than his falco.

Top Bottom