• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination is unfair and should be banned from tournament play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

Smash Cadet
I believe that not only does Final Destination offer a moderately unfair positional advantage for the defensive player, theoretically, Fox can laser camp from the sides of the arena, then, upon the offensive player's approach, decide whether or not to grab back throw.

The walk off edges also allow waveshining to devastate the opponent, and if this were not enough, the black orb at the bottom of the stage is extremely distracting.

I can't see any reason why Final Destination is considered "fair," and I believe tournaments would be a lot more balanced with it's removal.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You are a noob.

How are you going to mention the black orb?

And there are no walk off edges.

Stop trolling.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
that is the fairest stage in the game and i find the black orb to be rather cool

Kraken

Smash Cadet
You are a noob.

How are you going to mention the black orb?

And there are no walk off edges.

Stop trolling.
Trolling? You obvioiusly have no idea what you're talking about. I play at a competitive level, and many times have I seen players become distracted by the large, glowing black orb, only to be smashed off-screen.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Rx just let this one and his black orb be LOL

Rx- is awesome, you dont have any idea what YOUR talking about

Black orb johns are hilarious though

Why are you looking at the "black orb"

Insted, focus on wining.Simple as that

*adds black orb comment to sig*

Kraken

Smash Cadet
Rx just let this one and his black orb be LOL

Rx- is awesome, you dont have any idea what YOUR talking about

Black orb johns are hilarious though
Sorry, but "LOL MY FREND IS KOOL ROFL" has nothing to do with the topic of how Final Destination is unbalanced.

Please quit blatantly trolling.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sorry, but "LOL MY FREND IS KOOL ROFL" has nothing to do with the topic of how Final Destination is unbalanced.

Please quit blatantly trolling.
My post isnt spam, its on topic as you can see.

You registered today, and just to john about how this stage is "unbalanced"?

And you claim you play at a competitive level. That seems hard to understand. =/

Ill even say it again

Why are you looking at the "black orb"

Insted, focus on wining.Simple as that.

If you dont like the stage then ban it.Don't john.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea kraken im sure u play at a "competitive level" loll

2008 join date looks so silly i can't believe we are in the future

Kraken

Smash Cadet
My post isnt spam, its on topic as you can see.

You registered today, and just to john about how this stage is "unbalanced"?

And you claim you play at a competitive level. That seems hard to understand. =/
I can't see how you can claim it to be on topic, as all you did in your original post is claim that Rx did indeed know what he's talking about, not why the black orb at the bottom of Final Destination is balanced.

Also, what is difficult to understand? I consistantly make it to the finals in Smash tournaments in my area.

RiL213

Smash Rookie
final destination is the most basic map out there. i dun see y it should b bannd, u do state sum reasonable facts about fox. thats not all, falco can literally laser spam like crazy which is extremely cheap. however there r ways to get through the lasers. those r just some adv. that char. hav on stages. as for waveshining not all char. can b waveshined easily. mostly the char. with longer wavedashes. these r things from my perspective. im sure u may hav a diff. view. imo. final destination is wayyy overplayed though.

Kraken

Smash Cadet
final destination is the most basic map out there. i dun see y it should b bannd, u do state sum reasonable facts about fox. thats not all, falco can literally laser spam like crazy which is extremely cheap. however there r ways to get through the lasers. those r just some adv. that char. hav on stages. as for waveshining not all char. can b waveshined easily. mostly the char. with longer wavedashes. these r things from my perspective. im sure u may hav a diff. view. imo. final destination is wayyy overplayed though.
Exactly, not only would a grossly unbalanced stage be removed if it was banned, it would promote other stages being used in a tournament setting.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Quick. Someone needs to jump on top of this NOW!

2008 Greatest Johns:

Black Orb Johns

oh man this list is only going to expand into awesomeness.....

EDIT: on topic. You have no idea what you are talking about. If you played competitively as you say, then you'd understand a lot better.

I too, agree that 2008 accounts look extremely weird....

Kraken

Smash Cadet
Quick. Someone needs to jump on top of this NOW!

2008 Greatest Johns:

Black Orb Johns

oh man this list is only going to expand into awesomeness.....
I can't see why you're taking such a humourous tone about the black orb, there have been many recorded losses in tournament and online play due to it.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I can't see how you can claim it to be on topic, as all you did in your original post is claim that Rx did indeed know what he's talking about, not why the black orb at the bottom of Final Destination is balanced.

Also, what is difficult to understand? I consistantly make it to the finals in Smash tournaments in my area.
I edited my post, if you would read it you can see it's on and off topic

If you "consistently" make it to the finals of these tournaments we have never heard of, you shouldn't be posting this topic.

I can't see why you're taking such a humourous tone about the black orb, there have been many recorded losses in tournament and online play due to it.
Online play?

wtf are you talking about?

Jx31

Smash Ace
Black orb johns?! Rofl! I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it just now....I'm sure it doesn't distract people..........seriously.....

Kraken

Smash Cadet
I edited my post, if you would read it you can see it's on and off topic

If you "consistently" make it to the finals of these tournaments we have never heard of, you shouldn't be posting this topic.

Online play?

wtf are you talking about?
Please, don't even try to sound like you know what you're talking about. If you actually had any skill, you'd know about the black orb and the problems it creates.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
theoretically, Fox can laser camp from the sides of the arena, then, upon the offensive player's approach, decide whether or not to grab back throw.
Yes, in THEORY. In actuality, it's easy to get to fox to stop. Shoot projectiles. Reflect his blaster. Run up and hit him. And in regards to the grab, land outside his grab range and wavedash->grab, or land BEHIND fox and grab him from behind.

The walk off edges
Final D does not have walk off edges. They're the edge of a stage where you can't fall off and you go from being on the stage to dead. It's like the edges of Flatzone or both Mushroom Kingdom 1+2

also allow waveshining to devastate the opponent
Learn to shield/grab/attack/jump over/dodge the attack.

and if this were not enough, the black orb at the bottom of the stage is extremely distracting.
Learn not to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom