• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Famitsu interviewed Sakurai. Supposedly rumors said it says stuff about downloadable content but SamuraiPanda, in another thread disconfirmed that. What it says, we don't know for sure.
Here's the scan: http://images.p-nintendo.com/jeux/wii/smashbrosbrawl/scans/sakurai01.jpg
Source: http://salon.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064068652.html

Can somebody translate this please. :)
---

Nintendo admits firmware problems are because of the fact Brawl is Dual Layered
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rsbj/info.html

--

A few days ago (4 days ago actually) I found a blog on 2CH about somebody complaining how Brawl is the sux0rs because it wouldn't boot. I didn't believe because I thought it was fake. Kotaku also reported this but we know how reliable Kotaku can be about Brawl Info (not very).

Well it turns out it's true and Nintendo has submitted a workaround for it.

---
5 New Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLShortFuse
I've ripped them to my youtube account. They're from the Iwata Asks interview on the JPN page.
Jeff is an AT and Olimar's name is Olimar not Orima.
Can somebody fluent with Japanese see if there was anything interesting in the stickers update?
--

Looks like amazon.co.jp's pre-orders are out again!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FSELOS/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...LOS/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

Playasia.com is also having a shortage on their SBX copys.

(thanks MAST3R)
----

Roster discussion moved here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138620
----

They have it!
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200975721/
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200984375/
That's thread. Pictures of the roster and all. Not 100% confirmed but who cares!
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200984375/186
Google translate that^^^

-------

More WHobby:
http://www.inside-games.jp/media/820/82036/0801203602_2.jpg

I had a document full of impressions but I didn't save it and laptop decided to not go on standby or hibernate and the battery died. To be honest, I'm expecting Brawl JPN version to leak within 5 days so I'm not too interested in WHobby08 as I was last week. Because of this I'm going to take the lazy way out and repost what Chi's Finest did on BrawlCentral.com most it was taken from this thread for Day #2 and I really haven't checked 2CH for Day#3 impressions.

Day#2
Pokemon Trainer:
He moves around to the side of the stage the the Pokemon are on. So if you're on the right side of the screen, he follows to the right side.
As already mentioned, his victory/loss is with the last Pokemon used.
Final Smash is pretty effective. it can be performed in mid-air also.
He does appear on some of the moving stages, but only after the stage has come to a stop. The user saw him on Delfino Plaza during the stationary parts of the stage.

Charizard:
Flamethrower works exactly like Bowser's.
Rock Smash: He picks up a rock and instantly headbutts it. Unsure about damage, but it did decent knock back.
Fly: Not as useful as it originally seemed. It looks a lot more like Fire Fox than Fly. You charge it, and Charizard takes off and spins. He's engulfed in flames during it.
Once again, three jumpes were confirmed for Charizard. Gliding was not used, since the jumps were enough to get back to the stage.
Down A is a tail sweep, similar to Mewtwo's in Melee. Had some knock up.

Squirtle:
Water Gun is chargeable. Basic range and pretty much what you'd expect.
Withdraw is very useful. It's a lot like Yoshi's Egg Roll. Unsure if he can be knocked out of it. Either he's too small of a target, or he can't.
Waterfall is OK. it wasn't used much. Someone may have angled it at a downward angle, but it's unsure if they did or not.
Good air control. It seems like Squirtle will have a good aerial game during play.
Squirtle is comparable to Young Link of Melee.
Down Smash: Makes water splash on both sides of him.
Forward Smash: Withdraws into his shell and lunges forward.
His double jumps is like an ninja cartwheel in the air.
Seems like the least useful of the three Pokemon, but should be a good character once his attacks are able to be controlled better.

Ivysaur:
Razor Leaf: One big leaf comes out. Is similar to Link's Boomerang. Unsure is multiple leaves can be sent out.
Vine Whip: On the ground it can be used as a continuous whip to stun opponents. Like Sheik's whip, only more useful. It was hard to recover with it. It has the recovery range between Link and Young Link's Hookshots.
A: He shakes his leafy parts, and they get bigger the longer you do the attack. This was seen and not performed by the person first-hand, so its unsure it you hold down A or tap it again and again. It provides good cover on both sides.
Forward Smash: He grabs the ground and lunges forward link a sling shot. He returns to the starting position after use. His Down Smash is similar.
Ivysaur seems pretty useful. His attacks are mostly leaf attacks and headbutts.

King Dedede:
Standard A is a three swing combo. If you continue to press it, he spins the hammer around and you see light blue/purple/pink colors.
Up Special is slow, but very powerful. If you want to cancel the jump, you have to do so half-way through or you will botch the landing.
The Waddle Dees don't do much damage, but maybe if you spam them. They are thrown pretty far, so it's a bit hard to suck them up with Dedede's Inhale.
About Bowser's size.
Dash is a running faceplant like from his boss battles.
Lays down with his hand supporting his head from crouch (The lazy stance we've seen in videos)
Neutral A in air looks like an attack as he puffs up, but wasn't sure.
Final Smash was good. The Gordos send people flying and the user got a few KO's with it.
The user does not like Tank characters, but enjoyed Dedede. He's slow in speed, but attacks come out quick. He's powerful and heavy.

Wario:
His Bite can catch fast attacks. He was able to stop Pikachu's Skull Bash. It's good for stopping fast attacks.
Down A is a spin similar to Pikachu's.
Forward throw is a giant swing from Wario World.
The Bike is easier to control than Yoshi's Egg Roll. You can hop off of it at any point and the bike will continue to move.
Corkscrew is him spinnning around multiple times as he jumps.
Down throw is a basic slam to the ground.
Neutral Aerial attack is a spin in the air, in which he looks like he's sky-diving.
Down Aerial is a chop that has some start-up lag.
Down smash is a breakdance that is similar to Peach or Pikachu's, but lasts a bit longer.
Victory Pose: Does a donut on his bike and strokes his mustache.
Final Smash is the same, only he's a lot faster and sronger.
Player did not like Wario at first, but after playing him more and more, he seemed very enjoyable to play as.

Peach's Radishes appeared as an item in the match, even when no one was playing as her.
This person seems to say that Stafy was useful.
The jumpbaord from Mario games is an item.

~~~~~~FIRSTHAND IMPRESSIONS FROM CURBSIDE ABOVE THIS LINE~~~~~~

Event is over. Expect info to come in from attendees shortly, just like last week.
Colors: White Kirby. Pink, Purple, Orange Dedede.
Victory Poses: Dedede puffing out his stomach, Wario lauughing and holding his belly, and Ike jumping very high and coming back down.
Someone claims that a weird rabbit appears as an AT. Could be Demille, who was mentioned in Sakurai's journal.
King Dedede doesn't have as many super armor frames as other heavy characters like Bowser and Ike.
Unconfirmed report of Eevee being the Pokeball Pokemon and evolving into one of its evolutions to attack. So far the person claims to have seen multiple Eevee evolutions.
Leafeon, who is one of the new Eevee evolutions is a Pokeball. It fires a grass-type projectile.
Onix, Chansey and Meowth as Pokeballs (The only new one there is Chansey).
Darkrai as a Pokeball
Adeline(from the Kirby series) as an AT.
Charizard has three jumps.
Stafy is useless (as we figured)
Smashville has a balloon that gives you items, like the Shy-Guys in Yoshi's stage.
Assist Trophies don't spawn very often.
Squirtle victory pose: Squirtle runs from in front of the camera, spins around PT and does a victory pose with his left hand. (peace sign maybe?)
Barbara the Bat as AT. (From the most recent commercial)
Game loading is less than 2 seconds
New Pokemon: Cherimu
When pokemon are thrown out to fight, they make their "cry" sound.
Fox victory pose: Puts hand on hip, is facing sideways and says something (It was unable to be heard)
In PictoChat, there is a part that has lot of arrow pointing up. The characters go flying all over the place and off screen when this part of the stage is present.
From watching, there is no evidence of stamina being incorporated into battle with the Pokemon.
PictoChat crates are the "Gift Crates" theme.
PT defeat/loss quotes from results screen (poorly translated): "My Pokemon's loss is my loss.", and "I credit my Pokemon." Since he's not clapping, at least he credits them for victory and shares defeat with them.
Unconfirmed: Pokemont Trainer does not clap, but his Pokemon used does?
Gourmet Race Music (Smash 64's Dreamland stage music) for Halberd Stage.
Unconfirmed: Pokemon Trainer does not clap after defeat. He lowers his head in shame.
Dash Crouch Cancelling has changed somehow.
Ike just owned some Charizard. - (Phrase copyrighted by Brawl Central)
Dedede Impressions: He cannot move during his Final Smash. One of his victory poses his him leaning on his hammer.
All three of BC's translators are unavailable ATM. One will be off work in 20 minutes. The info may not be perfect until then.
Possible photos being taken.
DK is basically the same.
SSE movie being shown. Unknown if it's new or old.
The end of Link's Spin attack is lacking power
Black Squirtle with Blue Pokemon trainer
90 minute playing delay.
Pokemon Trainer poses with his last used Pokemon during the results screen.
Two reports of a black Charizard.
8 Units set up. 30 min wait to play.

Day#3 (All from Curbside_Prophet)
Kirby

B : inhales no real difference

B >: hammer this move was inproved stronger by at least a little bit and better knockback asl when done in air it act the same as it did on the ground (horizontal hit) not the vertical multy hit like in melee

B v : didn’t notice any difference

B ^ : seem improved aswel the energy at the end had a bit more knock back and it did a slightly better job at carrying you opponent(they did still get out every now and then)

Running A : the running yo yo Kirby attack from super star. Did not connect with it but I still like it better (just my preference)

A : eaiser to keep up the rapied punch has better stun( bot as easy to excape from)

A> air: still the triple kick the last kick had good knock back

may be able to inhale objects (I saw both wario and dedede eat small objects ie capsule I think a star rod as well)

Kirby seemed all around inproved to me I cant really put my finger on why I assume it just stuff like hit box changes more damage and other such things.

Ike
B : erupt similar to marths works pretty much the same I think its stronger uncharged that marth or roys uncharged shield breaker. I was able to kill with it uncharged once my opponent was around the 90-110% mark goo to use to get some space (and ike needs that space) could be effective ledge gaurd move.

B > : quick draw. as seen in videos it send you quickly to the left or right.if you connect the hits with a horizontal slash nothing really excited me about its effect mostly used it tocatch oppents and trying to set up combos also good recovery move inplace of aether

B V: counter never got to use it ( kinda forgot I had it sry)

B ^ : aether mostly used to try and finish opponent off. Has good knack back very little horizaontal control

A : punch kick combo finished with a sword strike I liked the move its good for getting you opponent off you(you stun them with the ouch and kick and the sword knocks them back)

A > : a horizontal swing as with most ikes moves has good knock back.

A > smash : a massive vertical attack ike rears back and swings the sword over his head and slasm it to the ground .also has very good knock back even uncharged.

A v : s simple sword swip similar to links

A v smash : similar to marth not as quick

A running : looked like a massive upward swing not positive on this though

A v air : very similar to links he hold his sword down pointed at the ground but keeps hios feet wider apart. Not sure of damage or lag after use

A ^ air :a basic overhead swing very large much like ike’s other sword attacks

FS : geart aether likes FS looks like omnislash Ikes FS pretty much is omnislash he swings in wild large arcs trailed with flames and finish’s like he would and other aether

Flames shoot out once he hits the ground send anyone cought in the blast up and diagonal it has massive knockback

Ike to me felt like what dante would feel like if he where in the game he is about average speed but his attacks are somewhat slow but they pretty much all have good knockback
Similar to dante this makes Iks sword feel very heavy and powerful it cant do the fast adgile moves that marth had .hes pretty much on the oppisit side of the sword users from marth and meta knight with link being the middleground.Ike seemed to win a lot but this may be due to his large attacks steeling peoples kills sword users used to marth and link will need time to adjust but I think someone used to using well timed powerful attacks (like a gannondorf use) will fell at home with him.all in all I don’t think hes as bad *** he was made out to be.

Wario

B ^ continued : it hits multipule times(about four or five) not much knock back it kinda sucks you opponent to it once there hit.its not the coolest move but it gets the job done

His bike hits multipule times

He can pick up the whole bike

Bike seemed to be able to do a wheelie

Vicory pose of him laughing his butt off

A v smash continued : may be a toe spin rather than back spin

A > running : sorry I kinda don’t remember what it looked like but I did note that’s its strong enough to kill in sudden death

FS: wario man lasted about 20 secs I counted and its true if you use his bike while in it you just fly off the side of the screen.if you died you lose it (but from what I saw if you die you lose your FS.

P.trainer

He and his pokemon have a GB looking color

Has red and white outfit

Charizard

B ^ continued : seems to hit multipule time ( not e sure ) but I do know the last hit will knock you back.seems very effective

A > air wing move forward and he shoots a quick burst fire

A : claw ,claw, wing attack

A ^ smash : an upward head butt jump has a weird spikey energy around his whet he dose it.

A > smash : massive knockback

One of his alt colors is straight red

Squirtle

A air: withdraws into shell spins water sprinkles out

When he get knock out(aka like he gets smashed into the ground and you lay there for a bit if you don’t get you L timing right) rather lay on the ground hes on his shell and waggles his legs and arms until he rocks back up.

Venasuare

A running : a heddbutt dive can kill in sudden death

DeDeDe

Has game boy colors as an outfit(gray white and that weird gameboy off green color)

A running: is confirmed as his trip attack

B : seems to be able to inhale waddle dee and spit back out as start along with other characters and some items.

A > : spins hammer hits multiple times

A > smash : draws hammer over his head brings down with great force

A v smash : spins around once holding hammer low to the ground.

Other notes

Yoshis A v :seems to work the same as in melee

Fox B ^ : seems to work the same fire still burns while charging he didn’t seem to glide as far as I remember in melee but it was still there somewhat.

A large stone quadraped pokemon with an X on his face.( I don’tI recognize him but I don’t know all these new pokemon names)he stomps the gorund once and you get stuck like you where hit with Dk’s B> .he stomps again and it send anyone on the ground including those before stuck flying.dose this abour three times

What I thought was roasealltea was actually that green and white pychic and grass type pokemon that looks like its wearing a dress. Still don’t know what it did

Waluige is beast

That bule bird jet pokemon from the movie whre ask dose the water surfing thing the one that is always with that red one was there he flys diagonally across the screen sned people fly but its not to hard to avoid

Fox B : Im almost positive I saw foxs gun exploed if you overuse it similar to diddys
Was easier to rapied shoot.

DK B > : It looked like you could get knocked out the ground if hit hard enough

I would say go with gamecube controller I had a hard time with doseing the wrong move with the classic I think it’s the thumb stick position also the jump buttion was oddly placed so I had to use the stick wich hurt my game (I use the X buttion in melle)

I often felt it be better to map control to the D pad.

---

Amazon.jp Preorders are now back up! We don't know for how long.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FSELOS/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...LOS/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

"Most users ever online was 1,688, 01-12-2008 at 09:50 PM." AKA WHobby Day #1.
WHobby08 Day #2 Tomorrow at 7PM. Oh man. The server's going to take such a hit again.
Well that's the announcement. Maybe Olimar will be playable. Maybe Zelda/Sheik. Maybe Snake. Maybe no one new.

Curbside_Prophet says he'll be going and will try to get some new information. I'll be doing what I always do and search the internet for information on the event as it happens. Translators are welcome to help.

----

I think we know why the game was delayed. Yes, Sakurai took too long finishing the game. Because of this, they don't have enough time to press and ship the game for the 24th. In fact, there won't be as many copies as Nintendo wants available on the 31st. Yes, that's right. LIMITED QUANTITIES in the first shipment to stores. Also, 31st is LAUNCH DATE, not ship date. Nintendo has confirmed that the game will be shipped a few days prior to the 31st. The total number of copies at launched will be less than that of Mario Galaxy. I hope you guys listened to my advice last week and pre-ordered.

Here's the news article: http://wii-ds.com/article/78938323.html (in Japanese of course)

New commercial is available here: http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft86/
It has Snake, Olimar and Zelda.
Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Dho66hX-4

---
Pardon the thread title change but my thread is going through an identify crisis. First forums, then websites, famitsu magazine, just regular news...I just put Japanese Everything because it's pretty much what it is

---
Famitsu Booklet Discussion has now been moved here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137580

Famitsu Review:
The SSBB Famitsu review...

This time, single-player is also big. Adventure mode is pretty lengthy and enjoyable and the story's presentation is great. Thanks to the "Final Smash" moves with surprising shows of strength, unforeseen abilities arise. Options for control, sound, and so on are perfect and also deserve a hats-off.

The new "Final Smash" moves with brilliant effects that can be used by any character are refreshingly fun, right up there with the rest of the battles. I'm glad the single-player mode is also bountiful. "Adventure Mode" keeps such a good tempo of movies and action that one easily forgets the time while playing. Awesome!

Appealing production and features. Also, the movements of the characters are dynamic yet subtle. The brilliant actions of the "Final Smash" moves are a must-see. There are tons of stages, and the single-player mode perfect. Not only is there a stage editor, but detailed statistics from the game are presented. Nice.

The movements of the assembled all-stars are highly-polished, single-player is perfect and easy to get into, and the challenge of collecting herein is more than enough. With outstanding art direction, this game really lets you feel the power of motion. There are new things to discover with each play, with both joy and sorrow to be savored in battle.

Translation from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9343520&postcount=180
-------------------

Since the Wii.com Website is slow, I've uploaded rip and uploaded some videos onto my youtube account
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKYL1_yl0Ro Commercial #4[/URL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMCV2JHlBCo Commercial #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2fa.gvDMExo <=== REMOVE THE PERIOD! Smash Movie1

The original FLV videos are good quality and Youtube can ruin it. I'm working on a way of sharing the originals.

JPN RELEASE OFFICIALLY DELAYED TO JAN. 31 2008!

If you guys find any reasonably informative JPN brawl sites, post them here.

Gaming/News/Press sites:
http://www.inside-games.jp/game/123/12303.html
http://www.famitsu.com/review/title/0000/0000/0001/9515/
http://n-styles.com/mt/mt-search.cgi?tag=スマブラ&blog_id=2
http://gameinfo.yahoo.co.jp/game/09837/
http://kakaku.com/item/41191010131/
http://smashbros.wii-ds.com/

Fan Sites:
http://find.2ch.net/?STR=%C2%E7%CD%...5%B6%A1%BC%A5%BAX&COUNT=50&TYPE=TITLE&BBS=ALL Search for 2Channel thread by Title. It should be the first link. If you didn't know, 2Chan only allows threads upto 1000 posts. Every 1000 posts a new thread opens up.
http://sumabura-x.com/ (Fansite with WiFi registry, Character profiles, forum, blog)
http://www13.atwiki.jp/sumaburax/ (Smash Wiki. A few interesting things like their own Icon Theory)
http://sumabura-x.com/modules/smartsection/ (same site's forum)
http://smamix.com (basically it's like smashbrawl.com)
http://sumamix.11.bbs.fc2.com/ (same site's forum)

http://sbx.s297.xrea.com/
http://game7.gaym.jp/sumabura/x/
http://matuikesmashbrothers.rakurakuhp.net/
http://www.game-lan.info/smabro/
http://slowpoke.her.jp/sumabura-x/
http://sumaburaxkouryaku.web.fc2.com/
http://yarikomi.s82.xrea.com/sumabura-x/
http://smablax.blog119.fc2.com/
http://asumaburax.biroudo.jp/
http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~vega42/SBX/

http://k-sabu.ndap.jp/
http://whss.biz/~blue-s4/info/characters.htm (shows Character stats)
Which has ATTACK PERCENTAGES for characters. I guess there were some pros at JumpFiesta
http://smash.or.tp/ (it's like myspace/facebook but fofr smash fans. I didn't find a forum though) via ITP & Gimpyfish
http://captainjack.jp/ (Captain Jack's website) via Gimpyfish
http://ketubato.com/ (tournament site) via Gimpyfish
http://steamgear.sakura.ne.jp/karisuma/ (tournament site) via Gimpyfish

Japanese Smash TV Commercials.
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft81/
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft82/
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft83/
http://www.ntt-east.co.jp/gallery/tv/cm_flets.html#fcl or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuKm9mv-NA
http://www.ntt-west.co.jp/ad/story/flets_wii_tamago_30sec/index.html or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y57J62IMnuA

New commercials from Nintendo will be here: http://wii.com/jp/wii-cm/
New commercials from NTT East Flets will be found here: http://www.ntt-east.co.jp/gallery/tv/cm_flets.html
New commercials from NTT West Flets will be found here: http://www.ntt-west.co.jp/ad/product_index.html

WHobby 2008 Info:

Character Select Screen: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg via ITP
Stage Select Screen: http://www.imgup.org/iup537751.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080115/whf02.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080115/whf03.jpg
http://japan.gamespot.com/story_media/20364747/n001.jpg
http://japan.gamespot.com/story_media/20364747/n002.jpg
http://japan.gamespot.com/story_media/20364747/n006.jpg
More pictures can be found here: http://wii-ds.com/article/78087636.html
Here's a summary of the 2CH posts of the event (translators needed):http://www13.atwiki.jp/sumaburax/pages/190.html

ITP was able to attend WHobby08. SamuraiPanda was able to translate someone's impressions of Whobby. Their contributions are noted in parentheses. The rest of translations were done by Aeris, .Yoshi, Chi's Finest and me. I stil have to add some of Aeris' translations.

Characters:

Dedede:
  • Has about 4 air jumps
  • Dedede's voice was the same as in the Japanese anime.
  • I tried crawling with DeDeDe and it didn't work (ITP)
  • no more arguments on his name, game says De De De. and not DeeDeeDee like people call him. (ITP)
    he's a slow power type, like koopa and charizard. he's weaker than Ike, and slower than Ike, though his attacks are faster. (ITP)
  • He has one of the best Up Bs i've seen, he jumps very high and it's very mobile. (ITP)
  • His Forward B is very Fast and strong, very spammable, and the waddles do their job. (ITP)
  • his down B is too slow and predictable. (ITP)
  • his neutral B sucking is is fast, but not very far, very little damage, and only spits you out. Dedede can walk around with someone in his mouth like Kirby and he looks like his bloated fish form when he does that (ITP)
  • his smash attacks are very strong, but slow. in both starting and ending lag. (ITP)
  • waddle dees are better than vegtables in terms of damage and knockback. and it's one of DeDeDe's best moves. when the waddle dees are waddling around stage, they dissapear by themselves (ITP)
  • His aerials are pretty slow from what I've seen, I think his Bair and Uair are pretty quick though. his smashes are monstrously strong, better than bowsers. but Ike's are stronger than that. he also survives quite a lot, and has a huge recovery. (ITP)
  • his dash is pretty good, most of his Tilts and aerials come fast but are laggy, (ITP)
  • his super jump has good priority (ITP)
  • the general feeling was cool, Fsmash is a killer. (ITP)
  • he has after lag on alot of his moves, but they startup fast except the smashes. which is logical, cause they're his koers. his smashes have start up lags pretty big, not as big as Ike's though. (ITP)
  • Dedede's down B is a charge-do move, and it's slow but ultra powerfull, from what I saw it sucked, might work as a setup or edgeguard though, we can't say from now. (ITP)
  • his final smash makes him invincible(I fought it, not got it), but the Waddle Dees/Doos /Gordos that appear attack one by one like pit's FS, not together. and they're improved versions of their normal counterparts, at least the Dees.
  • DeDeDe can suck up the Waddle Dees he throws. (SP)

Pokemon Trainer:
  • Black and White Pokemon Trainer! Retro GB color
  • When PT wins, the trainer himself is absent; the last-used Pokemon appears on the victory screen in his stead.
  • I didn't see any special "Stamina" element, but changing pokemon takes a very long time, a couple of seconds at least, i'd say 3-4 or even more. (ITP)
  • You can start with either of the 3 pokemon, I don't know if it's random or controlled somehow. (ITP)
  • I was never forced to switch, and I didn't see any noticable diffrence caused by stamina, so you should be able to main a pokemon. (ITP)
  • Take into consideration that it seems you start with a random pokemon,and that Charizard is clearly the best of the 3, even though Ivysaur is pretty good. (ITP)
  • When he changes, the characters dissapear, it's more like there's nothing to hit, rather than "invincibility" frames. and it there's some lag afterwards, but nothing serious. (ITP)

Squirtle:
  • squirtle is a weak, fast characters (ITP)
  • Squirtles neutral B is chargable, it's a water gun. charge more = shoot more water, squirtle gets pushed back when doing so. (ITP)
  • I didn't get to use squirtles Up B, but it links measly and sucky. his forward B is pretty good, but it has a set time for it. he shells himself and launches forward, you can play with it a bit. (ITP)
  • Squirtle's water gun is like samus' beam. It even pushes him backwards the same way. It seems pretty weak though, didn't get to properly use it. maybe good for edge guard? (ITP)

Ivysaur:
  • Ivysaur is pretty average (ITP)
  • Ivysaurs Neutral B is ok, but he's immobile while using it, his up B is pretty quick and good, and it's a good move on the ground as well, his Forward B looks sucky, didn't use it much. (ITP)
  • Ivysaur's Vines are basically for his Up B. he attacks with his body (ITP)
  • I got to see Ivy's Beam sword Fsmash, he plays with it with his legs, Like pikachu, pretty cute actually. (ITP)
  • Ivysaur's up+b is tether recovery (ITP)
  • Ivysaur's razor leaf didn't go very far, and seemed pretty useless. never actually hit with it, sorry. (ITP)

Charizard:
  • Charizard is a slow power character, comparable to bowser and DeDeDe. (ITP)
  • Charazird has multiple jumps, I didn't count them. his Up B is monsterous, he flies straight up and burns anything that touches him while doing so, I didn't try his Forward B, but his neutral B is like Bowsers. (ITP)

Samus:
  • Samus's jump almost doesnt even need the bomb jump. (SP)

Link:
  • Link can attack right after doing his clawshot in the air. (SP)

Kirby:
  • Kirby's aerial Hammer is two consecutive hits--much different from its Melee counterpart.
  • The reach of Kirby's Hammer, both on the ground and in the air, has been slightly diminished.
  • The poster felt that the reach of Kirby's Final Cutter was also reduced a little.
  • Kirby's Stone does not last quite as long as in Melee.

DK:
  • DK's final smash is much stronger than I thought, If you hit the buttons right the range grows tremendously, and covers 90% of the stage. (ITP)
  • DK's Up throw to the headbutt doesn't connect (it seems like alot of characters cannot combo after their up throws). (SP)

Zamus:
  • Zamus' FS is not a joke, if you're close to her it's a KO. (ITP)

Assist Trophies:
  • Muddy Mole
  • devil moves the stage very slowly and smoothly, much less annoying than I thought. (ITP)
  • Nintendog is annoying as hell, and too long. you can barely see anything while it is there. (ITP)

Pokeballs:
  • New Pokemon - SHEIMI
  • ENTEI pokemon
  • Pokeball: Pachirisu (releases a flurry of hearts that immobilizes opponents...probably Charm or Sweet Kiss)
  • I've seen the following pokemon: Entei,Torchic, Munchlax, Snorlax, Kyogre, Goldeen and Bonsly, there might have (ITP)

Stages:
  • ONETT Stage playable
  • PictoChat stage playable
  • Halberd Playable (seen it in e4all)
  • 15 playable stages
  • Ashley Deconfirmed! She appears in the WarioWare stage. So does 9-Volt and Jimmy. -via ti83pop
  • Battlefield BGM: SSBB Theme (difficult to hear because he only caught 15 seconds or so)
  • Battleship Halberd BGM: Gourmet Race
  • WarioWare BGM: WarioWare Inc. - Title Theme
  • Delfino Plaza BGM: Delfino Plaza
  • Smashville BGM: Animal Crossing - Title Theme
  • Castle Siege BGM: (Some sort of FE battle medley)
  • Temple BGM: Temple (same as in Melee) (Youko, you got your wish)
  • the Pictochat drawings are impenetrable walls at times. and they can trap you at the side of the stage. (ITP)
  • Warioware minigames are really enjoyable, and the rewards are weird, sometimes people grow, sometimes nothing happens. the fact that the minigames are an all stage floor saved some people from dying, was fun to see.
    there was smash the wall, avoid the foot, avoid the rain, activate the party hats, avoid the arrows (ITP)
  • The Summit looks crazy(I only watched it), the whole stage tilts completely and slides furiously down the mountain. and the platform setup there is weird. (ITP)

Items:
  • "Item Switch" was available and SMASH BALLS CAN BE TURNED OFF IN ITEM SWITCH!
  • DORAGUN (Dragoon) Item was usable
  • Sounds like the screen goes a little askew when Dragoon is put into play.
  • the dragoon is great, but if you don't use it immidieatly, everyone will run away from you, and you'll miss it for sure. (ITP)
  • The range of the Beam Sword was "longer than imagined."
  • the Soccer ball is great, it bursts into flames and flies the distance of the knockback, It will kick your *** if you're in its way, and it will stop mid-air and drop dead when there's no more momentum to it / soccerball only goes a set knockback depending on the attack, but it slaughters in that time. and stops and drops straight down mid-air if it doesn't hit anything.
    (ITP)
  • the Fire flower and cracker launcher are both extremely deadly, much more so than before. they'll be very broken in brawl :p (ITP)
  • Spicy curry works diffrently than I expected, It's not the flames around you that hit people, it's a random forward bound streak of fire balls, It seems pretty good. (ITP)
  • the warp star is much slower than it used to be, but you can go much further horizontially. (ITP)
  • Something weird I saw, Crates and barrels thrown Up, land without opening, It's pretty weird. (ITP)
  • Capsules are still there, don't remember any of them exploding though (ITP)
  • the bumper is really weird, you see allmost no indication it hit something, I didn't realize this was what was pushing me back at first. (ITP)
  • No special coloured beam swords, they're all the same (ITP)

Misc:
  • Random Character Select option.
  • A Nintendo rep reconfirmed that, yes, Brawl WILL be released in Japan on the 24th. (AND LIED!) :p
  • Air dodges are very very short and fast, and the lag afterwards is small, while falling towards the stage with peach, you can easily air dodge 5-6 times continuously (ITP)
  • C-stick works like melee, no Tilts and no nothing. (ITP)
  • ITP says you can't C-Stick Tilt Attack like Gimpy said he could in E4All or can you Shine-Cancel by holding down and B + Jump
  • volume was turned off, except for outputted matches, which wasn't all the time because they had a reel with the E3 2006, Nintendo world 2006 and sonic comes into brawl trailers... (ITP)
  • Also, i'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty certain you can now catch Items by airdodging on them, without actually having to press A. (ITP)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/whf2008/index.html
http://www.whobby.com

WHobby 2008 will have events on January 13th, 19th and 20th. The events will be from 9AM to 4PM (7PM to 2AM EST). That's a long time. Brawl WILL be playable there. There are more days but these are the ones before Brawl launch. Expect hopefully more information.

[/WHobby08]

Jump Festa
Pokémon:
  • Metagross - Definitely uses Earthquake
  • Onix
  • Garchomp
  • Castform
  • Gardevoir
  • Regigigas - Starts out slow and gradually turns red, until it uses what they think is Crush Grip
  • Latias & Latios - One comes out of a ball and calls the other one, then they zoom across the stage

Assist Trophies:
  • Duster
  • Rosalina/Rosetta - throws out star pieces for a few seconds, and that if you pick them up, you'll recover health. A Luma comes out with her.
  • Sothe (SAZA) from Fire Emblem Series - because knives are banned, he attacks with a sumersalt kick instead
  • Lakitu (JUGEMU)
  • Group of Pegasus Knights from Fire Emblem Series - "they attack in a group or something, with a Falcon Knight"
  • Jill Dozer ("drill girl with pink hair" but no doubt there)
  • Birdo — Shoots eggs at an opponent. Pretty standard Assist Trophy. Oh, and he's fully rendered; it's not a 2D sprite like the Melee stage hazard. (needs confirmation)
  • Raiden — I'm not a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I think this is Raiden (he's the guy with the white hair, right?) He just attacks with a sword before disappearing. Didn't seem very interesting to me. (needs confirmation)

Character Specific:
  • Pokemon Trainer speaks for his Final Smash (meaning VO)
  • Pit speaks for his Final Smash (meaning VO)
  • Snake's Mine is remotely triggered not proximity based and damage ranges from 10% to 20%
  • Fox is unable to move when he shoots his blaster in the air (may be referring to being able to turn around with your neutral B in the air maybe)
  • Kirby is stronger than he was in Melee
    - up air is weaker
    - Kirby's new "Yo-yo dash" is mentioned, but they say he doesn't use "yo-yos" as one would expect. It's called "Break Spin" and it's from Kirby Super Star.) See it here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26661.html at 1:38 & 1:42. Via Wikia: A break-dance style spin to stun the enemy directly
    - Can no longer escape from his back throw anymore.
    - His final smash not only sucks in enemies, but it sucks in nearby items as well. And when there are alot of the a single item that are sucked in, they can come out as the same item don't quite understand what he's saying here
    -He was able to swallow some of the items and gain abilities from them. "The only item I got to see him suck up was the Fire Flower, which enabled Kirby to spit fire out (pretty identical to his Bowser hat in Melee)." Not all items can be swallowed for special abilities, though. (needs confirmation)
  • Yoshi's Final Smash Fireballs EACH pack 25% of damage
  • Wario's standard special move is a "Bite"; with it, you can "eat" an opponent and spit them out by pressing the special move button again (similar to Yoshi's Egg Lay). You can "eat" projectiles... if you eat a projectile without pressing the special move button again, Wario will eventually absorb it and recover a bit of health. You can also press the special move button to spit the projectile back out at your opponent. (needs confirmation)

Items:
  • Timer/Clock - Slows your opponents down, but it will sometimes flub like the hammer, and if that happens, YOU will slow down instead. So it's like grabbing "dynamite"!
  • Soccer Ball - Cannot be countered or caught and it turns into fire when you kick it.
  • Sandbag - When you beat him up other items come out

Music:
  • BGM siege warfare, "the theme of Fire" and the fiery "Bern superpower" (placeholder, will correct to real english)
  • Zelda's "Great Bay" song from Melee is selectable
  • Brinstar BGM, Samus's Theme, and the Metroid Ending Theme were selectable on Norfair
  • Two songs titled "Athletic" and "Ending BGM" were selectable on the Yoshi's Island stage

Stages:
  • WarioWare Stage - It seems if you "pass" a mini-game, you heal a little bit
  • WarioWare stage includes over 8 minigames, including Appeal!, Destroy!, Shave!, Cracker/Clacker! (?), Stay Dry!, Dodge!, Jump! & Don't Move!

Misc:
  • Apparently, the lv.9 CPUs are still weak

"And before anybody attacks regarding Snake; no, he wasn't playable. There were several videos featured at Jump Festa and Snake was on one of them fighting Link. That's how some of his attack percentages were seen."

[/Jump Festa]

----------------------------

Translation Key:

English - Japanese
Fsmash - Yoko Smashi
Usmash - Ue Smashi
Dsmash - Sita Smashi
Grab - Tsukami
U,D,F,B throw - Ue,Sita,Mae,Ushiro Nagaren
U,D,N,F+ B - Ue,Sita,Niuturaru,Yoko Hissatsu
U,D,N,F,B Air - Kuchuu Ue,Sita,Niuturaru,Mae,Ushiro
Wave Dash - Zekkuu
DJC - Zetsu
Jab - Jack Kougeki
Dash attack - Dash Kougeki
Taunt - Appear XD
CC - Sharami
DI - Backturu Henkou,Zerashi
F/B roll - Mae/Ushiro kinkyukai
Spot Dodge - Sita Kinkyukai
Air Dodge - Kuchuu Kinkyukai
Tilt - Tsuyoi kougeki

^ Thank I.T.P. for these ^

Kokichi Edit (For people who want to know more Japanese):
English - Japanese

Fsmash - Yoko Sumashi (Yoko means side)

Usmash - Ue Sumashi (Ue means up)

Dsmash - Sitaa Sumashi (Sita means down, the romaji is actually s - h - i - t - a, but our censor blocks out the first four letters lol)

Grab - Tsukami (Tsukami means grip, with tsukamu meaning to grab)

U,D,F,B throw - Ue, Sita, Mae, Ushiro Nagaren (Nageru is to throw, why you got "Nagaren" I'm not sure)

U,D,N,F+ B - Ue, Sita, Nyu-toraru, Yoko Hissatsu (It would be "nyu-toraru, not niuturaru, and it means "neutral" [just pronounce it], also hissatsu means "certain kill" and is what they use to mean "special")

U,D,N,F,B Air - Kuuchuu Ue, Sita, Niuturaru, Mae, Ushiro (It would be kuuchuu, not kuchuu, and it literally means "in the air")

Wave Dash - Zekkuu (Zekku means to become speechless, heh)

DJC - Zetsu (Don't know)

Jab - Jack Kougeki (jaku means weak and kougeki means attack)

Dash attack - Dashu Kougeki (Just fixed the romaji)

Taunt - Api-ru (Not appear, but "appeal", is what they use to say taunt. You can even read it in the Japanese update about taunts on the Japanese Dojo)

CC - Sharami (don't know, but shagamu is to squat, which would make shagami the noun, so it might have been shagami and not sharami)

DI - Backturu Henkou, Zerashi (Well henkou means alteration (could also be tendency, though different kanji, but applies here as well), but as for backturu (bakkutsuru doesn't mean anything) and zerashi I don't know, you sure you got those right?)

F/B roll - Mae/Ushiro kinkyukai (Japanese dojo refers to it as "kouhou kaihi" for backwards dodge or zenpou kaihi for forward dodge, but the colloquial terminology is probably different. Kinkyuu means urgent, kai might mean "once", so that might be what they say)

Spot Dodge - Sita Kinkyukai (Japanese Dojo refers to it as bakaihi for dodging)

Air Dodge - Kuuchuu Kinkyukai ("In the air urgent occurrence")

Tilt - Tsuyoi kougeki (Tsuyoi means strong, kougeki is attack)

Hope that helps inquiring minds! What do you know, 6 months of living in Japan and you pick up a thing or two ^_<
--------------------

Translations:

• From the main thread on sumabura-x.com for JumpFesta. Here's a breakdown of the posts. All are from WeeklyJumpMan
    1-20: Alot of talking about things they want to see at Jump Festa and the like.

21-31: They talk about Wario & Kirby replacing Sonic & DK at the event.

32-75: (Latias & Latios are Poke Ball Pokemon), (it seems that on the WarioWare level, if you "pass" a mini-game, you heal a little bit), (Wario has his Wario Land clothes and Meta Knight has a "Kirby" color), (Animal Crossing Main Theme, Balloon Fight's Balloon Trip music, and WarioWare Main Theme are present), (when you start a match, the BGM title is displayed), (Wario-Man's bike is so fast, it's easy to take yourself out), (Wario is slow and strong), (you can now swim), (Sandbag is an item, and when you beat him up other items come out), (Pit & Pokemon Trainer talk in Japanese in the Japanese version).

76-130: (Link's Final Smash deals 67%, Ike's does 70%.), (Mario's tornado attack is his air A-down.), (Rosalina, Duster, and Sothe are Assists), (Onix, Garchomp, and Castform are Poke Balls, but the user states he's not 100% positive about this), (Poke Ball Gardevoir and Metagross are confirmed. Metagross uses "Earthquake"), (Yoshi's Final Smash Fireballs each pack 25% of damage.) (The WarioWare stage includes over 8 minigames, including "Don't Move"), (Kirby's new "Yo-yo dash" is mentioned, but they say he doesn't use "yo-yos" as one would expect. It's called "Gazer Spiral"(?) and it's from Kirby Super Star.), (Zelda's "Great Bay" song from Melee is selectable).

131-190: (Apparently, the lv.9 CPUs are still weak), (Snake's remote mine damage ranges from 10%-20%), (Brawl is slower than Melee, but smoother), (Poke Ball Regigigas is mentioned and his attack is "Crush Claw"), (Several posters state that Bowser and Kirby are far superior to their Melee versions).

190-230: (Brinstar BGM, Samus's Theme, and the Metroid Ending Theme were selectable on Norfair), (Two songs titled "Athletic" and "Ending BGM" were selectable on the Yoshi's Island stage), (Characters feel "balanced"), (Diddy's a "speed" character).

231-273: Just character discussion like "Fox is weaker", "Diddy's amazing", etc.

And before anybody attacks regarding Snake; no, he wasn't playable. There were several videos featured at Jump Festa and Snake was on one of them fighting Link. That's how some of his attack percentages were seen.

Be aware that these Japanese posters are still susceptible to "speculation" and maybe even a "little white lie" every now and then. Just like us Americans.

I'm not 100% positive about that WarioWare stage healing gimick... but we'll see...
  • OK, found something. Someone on there claims that Metagross, Onix, Garchomp, Castform, and Gardevoir are in balls (we knew Gardevoir already of course). They further say that Metagross hovers above the ground and stabs it, causing an earthquake.
    This person also reports Duster, Rosetta (Rosalina), and Sothe as ATs (as well as Lakitu and Samurai Goroh) and that Sandbag-kun is an item.

Oh, there's more in the comments, no wonder I missed it.

One person claims Regigigas, Metagross, and Garchomp are in balls. They say Regigigas starts out slow and gradually turns red, until it uses what they think is Crush Grip. They also say that Metagross definitely uses Earthquake.
    One person says "Latias appears (calls Latios)". I'm not sure what that means. I guess maybe that they're the same ball summon, and that Latias appears first, who calls Latios to come in too? Could explain why they do the same attack.
    Also says that Pokemon Trainer and Pit say something with their final smashes, so I guess PT has a VA after all. On the other site, I believe they said PT says Ikuzo! Sanmittai! which, if the English version uses the same as the English site does, will be "Take that! Triple Finish!"

They also say Wario's techniques are slow to come out, but he's powerful.

^^^Kimahri Ronso from GameFaqs via Pieman0920^^^
  • The soccerball item is an attack that cannot be countered or caught and it turns into fire when you kick it.

The Timer item slows your opponents down, but it will sometimes flub like the hammer, and if that happens, YOU will slow down instead. So it's like grabbing "dynamite"!

It states that Rosalina throws out star pieces for a few seconds, and that if you pick them up, you'll recover health. And the writer also states that a Luma comes out with her.
  • WeeklyJumpman said:
    Playable characters at Jump Festa and alt. colors mentioned:

Mario: Blue, Brown、White on Red、Green, "Wario"

Link: Goron Red、Zora Blue、Yellow、Dark Link、Light Purple

Kirby: White、Green、Red、Light Blue, Yellow

Pikachu: Emerald Bandana, Goggles、4 differing hats

Fox: Green、Orange、White (the user was unsure about this)、Light Purple

Samus: Red、White on Red (unsure)、Light Blue

Bowser: Undisclosed colors.

Yoshi: Pink、Blue、Red、Yellow、Light Blue

Peach: Red、White、Pea Green、Orchid、Orange

Pit: Green、Black、Gold

Wario: Black, Orange

Ike: No one mentions his alt. colors.

Diddy: Pink、Yellow、Light Blue、Green、White (unsure)

Meta Knight: Orange、Dark Meta Knight、Green、Crimson、White, Kirby color

[Stages that were playable at Jump Festa]
    The Summit/WarioWare/Hyrule Temple/Bridge of Eldin
    Battlefield/Battleship Halberd/Smashville/Pokemon Stadium 2/Lylat Cruise
    Delfino Plaza/Castle Siege/Skyworld/Yoshi's Island/Norfair

WarioWare Microgames on Brawl: Appeal!、Destroy!、Shave!、Cracker/Clacker! (?)、Stay Dry!,
    Dodge!, Jump!, Don't Move!
  • SamuraiPanda said:
    "Fox
    - It seems like he was nerfed a bit from his Melee version
    - His forward smash has a slightly different feel to it.
    - His [Japanese] voice actor is the same from StarFox Assault (his name is Nojima)
    - [He talks about what Fox says when he wins, which is probably specific to the Japanese version]
    - He is unable to move when he shoots his blaster in the air [I think he may be referring to being able to turn around with your neutral B in the air maybe].

Kirby
    - He is stronger than he was in Melee
    - His up air is weaker
    - His dash attack is the spin from his YoYo ability [I'm sure someone knows what he is referring to]
    - Can no longer escape from his back throw anymore.
    - His final smash not only sucks in enemies, but it sucks in nearby items as well. And when there are alot of the a single item that are sucked in, they can come out as the same item [I don't quite understand what he's saying here].

Mario's tornado is now down air.
  • On December 27th, 2007 the Japan-Only Everybody's Nintendo Wii Channel posted up two new videos (not Brawl specific).
    This is one of them: http://www.revver.com/video/588006/everybodys-nintendo-channel-latest-b-roll-trailer-dec27/
    It contains only about 8 seconds of Brawl footage which I believe is just recycled.

This is unconfirmed information but probably true. We need somebody on the Japanese forums to confirm this:
Birdo — Shoots eggs at an opponent. Pretty standard Assist Trophy. Oh, and he's fully rendered; it's not a 2D sprite like the Melee stage hazard.

Raiden — I'm not a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I think this is Raiden (he's the guy with the white hair, right?) He just attacks with a sword before disappearing. Didn't seem very interesting to me.

Anyway, those are all of the new ATs I've seen. A friend at the event claimed to have seen Kumatora and Duster from MOTHER 3, but take that as you will. I'll vouche for his credibility, though.

As for Poké Balls... to be honest, I never cared for Pokémon, so I had NO idea who most of them were. I recognized a lot from Melee, and saw some from the site, as well as a few new ones. I can't name any of them, but rest assured, I know who Lucario is, and I didn't see him in a Poké Ball.

There were a couple items that weren't on the site, but I'm pretty sure they've been mentioned. I'll describe them anyway:

Deku Nut — Just throw this at an opponent and they'll be stunned for a few seconds.

"WARIO IMPRESSIONS

I can't say much about Wario since I've only played as him once. I did notice, however, that his "classic" costume wasn't available in the demo. The DOJO!! update actually came as a surprise to me since I didn't expect costumes to be left out of the demo.

I immediately noticed that his animation has been fixed. His movement is no longer choppy, as seen in some of the older video footage. There are still some 'quirks' to certain animations, but they're definitely more manageable than the original frame (or lack thereof) issue. He's pretty slow and sluggish, but really powerful. He was enjoyable in the two minutes I spent playing as him. His standard special move is a "Bite"; with it, you can "eat" an opponent and spit them out by pressing the special move button again (reminds me of Yoshi's Egg Lay). What's most interesting is that I was able to "eat" projectiles... if you eat a projectile without pressing the special move button again, Wario will eventually absorb it and recover a bit of health. You can also press the special move button to spit the projectile back out at your opponent. Really versatile move. His up special move, which I don't know the name of, is some sort of spinny-cyclone jump attack. I've never played any of Wario's games, so I'm not sure what this is from, but it's fairly standard. Reminds me of a slower Mario Tornado... sort of.

KIRBY IMPRESSIONS

I didn't actually get the chance to use Kirby, as I don't much care for his games, but I've had the opportunity to watch other people use him.

He appeared to play the same as he did in Melee, but I noticed that he was able to swallow some of the items and gain abilities from them. The only item I got to see him suck up was the Fire Flower, which enabled Kirby to spit fire out (pretty identical to his Bowser hat in Melee). I was told that not all items can be swallowed for special abilities, though. "
Forgive me if this post is unorganized. I'm trying to get as much information possible first and then go about organizing.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Excellent find, this should keep SamuraiPanda busy for a while. :D

I noticed this line of text: BGM siege warfare, "the theme of Fire" and the fiery "Bern superpower"

This obviouslly is talking about the music in the Castle Siege stage, 'the theme of fire' is probably the main Fire Emblem theme that was shown on the dojo, but the alt music 'bern superpower' I think is something new being confermed.
Can anyone more familliar with the Fire Emblem series give us an idea of exactly what song this is?

Edit: yay, I made the first post in a now legendary thread! :D

D

Deleted member

Man, that's good.

Just wish I could get a better translation than Alan Sams Mus...

RFLNFLSA

Smash Rookie
Excellent find, this should keep SamuraiPanda busy for a while. :D

I noticed this line of text: BGM siege warfare, "the theme of Fire" and the fiery "Bern superpower"

This obviouslly is talking about the music in the Castle Siege stage, 'the theme of fire' is probably the main Fire Emblem theme that was shown on the dojo, but the alt music 'bern superpower' I think is something new being confermed.
Can anyone more familliar with the Fire Emblem series give us an idea of exactly what song this is?
Bern was the name of a country in Fire Emblem 7. And "superpower" might be referring to a boss character. So maybe the musical theme of a boss that you fight in Bern?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This is pretty good. One of Ike's moves was listed as dealing 70 damage? 0.o

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
YES! I've been waiting for a breakthrough like this to tide us through this week's lack of updates and the general drought of interesting information we've been suffering lately. I can't WAIT to see the translation for this.
If there was a category on the Forum Awards for Brawl Hero, Short Fuse would win it. (Yah Brawl Hero is pretty cheezy, but it's like 2:34 AM here man, I'm too lazy to think.)

Also, the translation for some of this stuff is so funny. They give an elemental property to every attack such as "stroke, light, flame" etc.

Also, TORAIFOSURASSHU!!!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This is pretty good. One of Ike's moves was listed as dealing 70 damage? 0.o
Final Smash of course! :) You can read that broken translation description. I like how Kirby data is there. That's DEFINITELY from JumpFiesta. Kirby's Final Smash delivers 35%. Sure half of Ike's but that's Ike and this is Kirby and a Falcon Punch is 25%

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
YES! I've been waiting for a breakthrough like this to tide us through this week's lack of updates and the general drought of interesting information we've been suffering lately. I can't WAIT to see the translation for this.
If there was a category on the Forum Awards for Brawl Hero, Short Fuse would win it. (Yah Brawl Hero is pretty cheezy, but it's like 2:34 AM here man, I'm too lazy to think.)
Well, I can't be the Brawl Hero. I can be the Anti-Hero though. I was the one who found the Wavedashing = Gone proof. I started the Advanced Techniques thread and went through frame by frame of all videos. The definitive proof (this was before E4All) was a video I found. Zauron helped me finalize it put more proof a few days later. Don't you guys remember? After that thread exploded, Mew2King opened up a thread about how WaveDashing NEEEEEEEDS to be reincorporated.

I also opened up a placeholder for Official Japanese Import Thread. I'll try to get videos. To be honest, I'm working on Mod Status. :)

amost

Smash Apprentice
hahaha the thread about the expected characters by everyone is pretty much EXACTLY the same as all the loads of generic lists made on our forums too

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Not sute if this is anything new but:

"PK freezes very movable
Snake, he lay down throw to the ground.
Is a remote control landmine explosion. Damage ranked 10-20."

I was expecting the landmine to be proximity, not remote.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Well, I can't be the Brawl Hero. I can be the Anti-Hero though. I was the one who found the Wavedashing = Gone proof. I started the Advanced Techniques thread and went through frame by frame of all videos. The definitive proof (this was before E4All) was a video I found. Zauron helped me finalize it put more proof a few days later. Don't you guys remember? After that thread exploded, Mew2King opened up a thread about how WaveDashing NEEEEEEEDS to be reincorporated.

I also opened up a placeholder for Official Japanese Import Thread. I'll try to get videos. To be honest, I'm working on Mod Status. :)
Well hero to some and foe to others. You can't please 'em all, right? I fully support your bid for mod status, not that my word means anything. ;)

@ Prince Karo

I think the fact that is remote actually makes it better. I can foresee some deadly uses for that move in edgeguarding, depending on how much start-up/recovery time it has of course.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Not sute if this is anything new but:

"PK freezes very movable
Snake, he lay down throw to the ground.
Is a remote control landmine explosion. Damage ranked 10-20."

I was expecting the landmine to be proximity, not remote.
Omg a remote mine would be sooo sweet. That would be scary to fight Snake though...

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
Bern was the name of a country in Fire Emblem 7. And "superpower" might be referring to a boss character. So maybe the musical theme of a boss that you fight in Bern?
I did some checking, and I found theres a song in FE7 with the title "The Kingdom of Bern". I'm still looking for some place that has it online.

Edit: there's a song in FE6 called "In the Name of Bern", so that might be it too..

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
LOL, at this point everyone who finds something is an unofficial Brawl Hero. Nominations are closed, btw. :(

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
ShortFuse: Even just with machine translation, I'm finding a lot of interesting stuff here. Thank you for finding this!

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I may not have gleaned much information of the crude and butchered english, but to heckinahandbasket if I didn't have a great time reading it. ZEROSUTSAMAUSU

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ShortFuse: Even just with machine translation, I'm finding a lot of interesting stuff here. Thank you for finding this!
Including Pegasus Knight from FE as an Assist Trophy. :)
I think that's a rumor because he says it's from an undisclosed site (source)

People are saying that Ike and Kirby are REALLY good and good to main. It seems Ike was tweaked.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I think it's funny how much these forums are alike, except for the language of course. They seem to discuss exactlythe same stuff :)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Including Pegasus Knight from FE as an Assist Trophy. :)
I think that's a rumor because he says it's from an undisclosed site (source)

People are saying that Ike and Kirby are REALLY good and good to main. It seems Ike was tweaked.
Are you serious!? This is the best night for me in a loooooooooong time. Thanks, man.
Keep posting.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
If the remote mine is Snake's d-smash, I wonder what his other smashes are going to be and if they will have a lot of start up. He's going to be an interesting character to play and, as we all know, his style is like nothing ever before in Smash.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Note that we have to take the pretty big things with a grain of salt - they're no different from us, so especially translations might end up looking cool while only being speculation :)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
To be honest, I'm working on Mod Status. :)
Yeah, so have I--for a good 6 years. ;) Kidding.

And am I the only one who finds this nigh impossible to navigate? I don't see anything radically different, but it's neat how the Japanese call Final Smashes "trump cards." :grin:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
They were watching a video and it showed Snake's remote triggered mine. Also Zelda's Din's fire was nerfed or so they say. They were trying to L-Cancel and they said it's in, I think.
Here's the jumpfiesta blog post: http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl...x.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=95

Figures [assists]
Duster / Rosetta / SAZA / JUGEMU / SAMURAIGORO <br /> drill girl with pink hair
Drill girl with pink hair??
As for Rosetta, this is the princess from Mario Galaxy. These is a machine translation of her assist trophy: "Rosetta is offensive attack as the second star or five-star piece BARAMAI to pick up and restore peace."
I don't know what this means. Maybe you get five star pieces to pick up and restore...health? Idk.

Yeah, so have I--for a good 6 years. ;) Kidding.

And am I the only one who finds this nigh impossible to navigate? I don't see anything radically different, but it's neat how the Japanese call Final Smashes "trump cards." :grin:
Look at the numbers. They always put the OP on top. That thread has 260+ posts. You see 100 posts max at a time. Click on the 1, 100, 200 on the top to navigate the thread.

Here's the main forum page: http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=ja|en&u=http://sumabura-x.com/modules/smartsection/

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Found a bigger site/blog http://smamix.com
They reveal what the soccer ball and clock do. The soccer ball goes into flames. Dead serious!
The clock slows down either time itself, your character, your opponents or everyone (time). All I do know is it slows something down.

I'm going to sleep now. SamuraiPanda, I think I found you some fun links for the PandaCast :)

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
It also seems to create fake items or something. It might all be speculation, though, as the start of that post is talking about how they just saw the screenshots with the items on.

Top Bottom