• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglymaster's and Jordo's Jigglypuff Impressions and Videos are Here now!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Now, In Melee I'm a very good Jigglypuff player and I've made it pretty far in tournaments. So probably for right now I'll bring back the best Jigglypuff footage from a good experienced Jigglypuff player.

Now, I'm not like King or Mango, but I'm still good with Jiggly and I play how a good jigglypuff player plays.

RESULTS OF TIME PLAYING.

JIGGLYMASTER'S IMPRESSIONS

JIGGLYPUFF DOES NOT SUCK! YAY

People greatly underestamated. Jigglypuff is just flotier. WOP works just the same. And rest is really easy to pull off and it killed alot. Jigglypuff's Smashes are better too. Rising pound is still in the game and it works the same. Also Forget the Footstool Jump its not going to work out. Jigglypuff can do some friekien insane arial combos. I did like B air Bair, U air, U air, U air, and I probably could have endded with a rest. Mango indeed sucks in that video compared to what I was able to do.

THEAMAZING JORDO'S IMPRESSION OF JIGGLYPUFF

My brief Jigglypuff review:

When Brawl was released in Japan I figured every character would be played equal but to my disadvantage my main to be (Jigglypuff) was in next to no videos, and showcased almost none of her abilities such as Resting, etc. So when I arrived at this tournament my goal was Jigglypuff and Jigglypuff only.

The Melee Jigglypuff in Brawl:

Wall of Pain:
Who said this wasn't back? If I recall I was able to on several accounts I was able link 2-3 Bairs in row frequently, unfortunately due to everyones ability to stay alive, it requires; Bair->Bair->sweetspot Fair. or Fair->Fair->Sweet Spot Fair, in order to make it a killing blow at the end it seems.

Rest Combos:
Rest as Jigglymaster said much easier to land. In melee you had to be liberal and rest
only when completely covering the person with Jigglypuff. In Brawl, you can have less of your body on them for the rest, although regardless they go straight up.

The simple combos into rests seem to be much more difficult, Uthrow to Rest, Utilt to Rest for sure seem to be no longer in the game. But it seems that at the right percentages, a Bair, Uair, Rest would work.

Jigglypuff's Movelist:
Rollout: Much improved, probably one of Jigglypuff's new killing moves. The startup, and ending lag seem to be less frames.

Rest: Easier to Hit, not nerfed like everyone said. In Brawl I watched a TON of matches, and in every single one, people ALWAYS lasted into their 100s, and even frequently to the 190-200 range. Out of the Rests I hit, I'd say 80% were killing blows. Overall, Rest is just new, not nerfed.

Pound: Still can be used as a recovery, Rising pound seemed to work (maybe not as well). Pound can still be used instead of wasting jumps to recover horizontal. I also found it useful as an approach at some points, although like in Melee, can be easily punished if done to a shield.

U-Smash: About the same as Melee, not really useful.

D-Smash: Same as Melee.

F-Smash: Jigglypuff's only decent Smash in Melee, and once again the same in Brawl, it was one of my main killing moves in my matches.

U-Tilt: No more Utilt Rest, Utilt seemed to have received a decent buff, at lower percentages it could land 1-2 and then follow up with a Bair chain, and on some characters above 120% it was a pretty decent killing move. Although due to the lack of L-canceling, Aerial to Utilt was relatively useless. The only instance I used it was with a Dair that was started early so it was over by the I was done hitting the opponent, to Utilt.

F-Tilt, D-Tilt: About the same, never really used them much though.

Dash Attack: Similar to Melee, good move to get them off the stage/ keep them off the stage.

Fair: Fair is Jiggly's new killing move, an unsweetspotted Fair can link into several, but UnSweetspotted Fair, to Sweetspotted Fair, was probably thee most effective way to kill in Brawl with Jigglypuff.

Bair: Bair to my notice no longer had as good knockback, but with the new floatiness, and the Bair being a bit weaker, it still made Bair chains as fun, and useful as they were in Melee. WoP is here to stay.

Dair: Same

Throws: Same

Sing: I didn't use it once . Sorry.

Overall Jigglypuff is Jigglypuff, she seems to still do pretty well in the air. It's a little to get used to but playing a new game it's to be expected. Don't go into Brawl expecting to play just like in Melee.

Jigglypuff also does well against probably every character except; Metaknight, Pit, and Pikachu.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask.

VIDEOS

Jigglypuff(Jigglymaster(PUFF) and Jigglypuff(TheAmazingJordo(JORDO) vs. Ike(TheSuicideFox(DOG) and Wolf(Tom(MIY)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdi1-IP69o&feature=user

Diddy Kong(Jigglymaster(PUFF) and Jigglypuff(TheAmazingJordo(JORDO) vs. Falco(TheSuicideFox(DOG) and Wolf(Tom(MIY)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHCP6-NFAI8

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Here's hoping you get some good matches. I myself am a Jiggs main and I'd like to know how the transition from Melee to Brawl has affected her.

I'm all about details, and I expect some good ones.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for thinking of us. Best of luck in getting to the tournament! (and hopefully winning)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm playing brawl NOW so as soon as I unlock jiggly I'll let you guys know... I'll leave the really advanced combos and such to a pro,

Atsu

Smash Ace
Finally. I think about all the Jigglypuff videos that I have seen were either sucky or were computers.

Give us a good show. :3

DQP

Smash Ace
about time! i have scoured youtube for jigglypuff vids, and the only one i could find was the one on the tetris custom stage, with his final smash (great fs, by the way). so thanx

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay I got her...

I've got a few tings to say so far... but it's late so bear with me because I need to wake up in 3.5 hours.. (not a long sleep)

ANYWAY
-WOP still exists... but it's her forward air that sends them realng... not the back air.
-Rollout has a much shallower angle, is weaker and can still jump after use.
- rest is marginally easier to hit with, is weaker, does way more damage with the flower sonsiceraion (ad i they bother to shake it off firt, they can't charge a FSmash at you because they'l be busy getting it off) you sleep for less time.
-She's noticeably faster on ground... but not in air
- zelda might be floatier O.O but, then again... sometimes certain stages feel slower than others for some reason... regardless, they are both floaty.
-Fsmash and dash attack seem a bit weaker... I was relying on her FAIR for many kills
-fina smash is, as we thought, amazing if used to edgeguard... it destroys... can be hard to setup though.
-Jiggly is noticable bigger... she's about2x the size of kirby... probaly explains the new, heavier weight.
- Pound is useful on the multitude of stags with lips.. it bounces them off the stage bottom for a KO... but is utherwise not as useful... it doesn't help near as much with recovery comparably.. but she never needs it to either.... she can makethe reverse hyrule jump practically with no pounds.
-of her fellow floaters, I have yet to challenge Pit or Charizard, but jigglypuff dominates the skies from meta-knight and is on roughly even footing with kirby and dedede... with those to matchups, it's all about positioning and who's got the stage behind them... and jiggly still prefers to attack those guys from the front or bottom... kirby and dedede tend to killher if she's above them.
-OH! and something very interesting... I've only used her D-throw once, but when I didn, it was in an attempt to pillow-rest of of the yoshi's island center blocks... what ended up happening was that the blocks broke at the end of the throw, like in melee, but what's interesting is that dedede (who I was holding)
got spiked down, and I poped up into the air afetrt eh throw.. it's really weird
-oh, and one more thing, WoP doesn't work as well as in melee... if you remember, in melee, jiggly could move towards an enemy hile her attack was coming out and then back away while the attack was ending... she's lost all that maneuvarability... so only the "follow-you-off-the-stage" WoPs work the same

... more to come if you guys have specific questions.

Edit: sorry for all the gramar and spelling errors, but I'm tired

DQP

Smash Ace
okay I got her...

I've got a few tings to say so far... but it's late so bear with me because I need to wake up in 3.5 hours.. (not a long sleep)

ANYWAY
-WOP still exists... but it's her forward air that sends them realng... not the back air.
-Rollout has a much shallower angle, is weaker and can still jump after use.
- rest is marginally easier to hit with, is weaker, does way more damage with the flower sonsiceraion (ad i they bother to shake it off firt, they can't charge a FSmash at you because they'l be busy getting it off) you sleep for less time.
-She's noticeably faster on ground... but not in air
- zelda might be floatier O.O but, then again... sometimes certain stages feel slower than others for some reason... regardless, they are both floaty.
-Fsmash and dash attack seem a bit weaker... I was relying on her FAIR for many kills
-fina smash is, as we thought, amazing if used to edgeguard... it destroys... can be hard to setup though.
-Jiggly is noticable bigger... she's about2x the size of kirby... probaly explains the new, heavier weight.
- Pound is useful on the multitude of stags with lips.. it bounces them off the stage bottom for a KO... but is utherwise not as useful... it doesn't help near as much with recovery comparably.. but she never needs it to either.... she can makethe reverse hyrule jump practically with no pounds.
-of her fellow floaters, I have yet to challenge Pit or Charizard, but jigglypuff dominates the skies from meta-knight and is on roughly even footing with kirby and dedede... with those to matchups, it's all about positioning and who's got the stage behind them... and jiggly still prefers to attack those guys from the front or bottom... kirby and dedede tend to killher if she's above them.
-OH! and something very interesting... I've only used her D-throw once, but when I didn, it was in an attempt to pillow-rest of of the yoshi's island center blocks... what ended up happening was that the blocks broke at the end of the throw, like in melee, but what's interesting is that dedede (who I was holding)
got spiked down, and I poped up into the air afetrt eh throw.. it's really weird
-oh, and one more thing, WoP doesn't work as well as in melee... if you remember, in melee, jiggly could move towards an enemy hile her attack was coming out and then back away while the attack was ending... she's lost all that maneuvarability... so only the "follow-you-off-the-stage" WoPs work the same

... more to come if you guys have specific questions.

Edit: sorry for all the gramar and spelling errors, but I'm tired
sigh... i wanted jigglypuff to go unchanged...

i don't like how rest is weaker this time. WOPs are different this time, and i dislike that fact. i'm going to have to either get used to these changes, or main someone else...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
sigh... i wanted jigglypuff to go unchanged...

i don't like how rest is weaker this time. WOPs are different this time, and i dislike that fact. i'm going to have to either get used to these changes, or main someone else...
on the bright side, reaching 150% damage is pretty standard with jiggly now

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I'm also a good Jigglypuff player, at least, as far as the joke of the Atlantic South goes. I'm also really familiar with melee Jigglypuffs workings, and here are my opinions.

Most of Sonic's impressions are correct. On top of that, uair now is very good at comboing since it lost like all of its knockback. Comboes are pretty rare in brawl, but uair to uair is extremely easy to pull off. It pretty much won't kill, but you can rack up damage extremely easy with it.

Fair is now a lot better than bair. Bair lost a lot of its crazy range and speed. It's still a good aerial, but as it is now, it's just a regular aerial rather than a super Jigglypuff move.

Most kills I got were by fair off the edge, dsmash and fsmash.

Utilt is a lot faster, but knocks them too high to combo reliably.

Uthrow sends everyone(including spacies) way too far to uthrow rest. ;)

Pound is useful, but seems to have less priority than it used to. It's useful since if you can guess your opponents move and you pound, you're pretty likely to hit them since it's really hard to change your movement after you commit to it in brawl. Pound still stays out for like half an hour so it works out.

Her aerial mobility is not as good as it used to be, where she used to be able to change direction in the air on a dime. On the ground though, she is faster.

Rest is like sonic said. It knocks straight up(diable) and attaches a flower to their head. Also does not kill at low percents at all.

You can't crouch under lasers and stuff anymore, for the most part.

fair comes out pretty fast, as far as brawl moves go.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
well seeing the fact that this topic was about my impression I guess I'll just scrap that since you guys just made it pointless now. >_>

I most likely will be going tho and I'll have me playing against other good players.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well... now that you are getting our imput, you can translate that to videos

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Crud, I dunno if I'm going anymore. My friends parents won't drive because they don't trust the person were going to. Unless If I get one of my other friends to go, It might be delayed till sunday, next week, or never.

EDIT: Well now I know that hes having a tourny saturday of next week. So unfortenatly the video won't be coming for another week. So please stay tuned guys.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I think that omni recorded one or two of my matches playing jiggs..... but I think they went poorly

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
After collecting as much info as I could, it would seem as if Jiggs is no longer jiggs. with the amazing arial movments that jiggs could do before, she is looking more and more like a gound based character. Go ahead and say i'm crazy but my drunken styles are looking more and more effective in brawl.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok guys today is the day I'm going to the tourny and only 3 more hours left before I start playing.

There will be 2 recording systems there so I'll definatly get some recording in. I'm also teaming up with the Amazing Jordo so it will be the first double Jigglypuff team of brawl!

Stay tuned everybody for your about the see the best video of jigglypuff yet.

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
Just got back from the Tournament, and myself and Jigglymaster did team up. We did fairly well, I believe if I counted, we got 3 matches captured. More info later..

EDIT: I played probably 20 matches, 90% of which were Jigglypuff so I can put a little info in soon..

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
IMPRESSIONS: JIGGLYPUFF DOES NOT SUCK! YAY

People greatly underestamated. Jigglypuff is just flotier. WOP works just the same. And rest is really easy to pull off and it killed alot. Jigglypuff's Smashes are better too. Rising pound is still in the game and it works the same. Also Forget the Footstool Jump its not going to work out. Jigglypuff can do some friekien insane arial combos. I did like B air Bair, U air, U air, U air, and I probably could have endded with a rest. Mango indeed sucks in that video compared to what I was able to do.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There was one kirby player who kept using Down B and I got him at least 7 times in one match. And in the tourny matches I probably got the rest off another 7 times. Out of those 14 times I would say 12 of them killed the opponent.

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
My brief Jigglypuff review:

When Brawl was released in Japan I figured every character would be played equal but to my disadvantage my main to be (Jigglypuff) was in next to no videos, and showcased almost none of her abilities such as Resting, etc. So when I arrived at this tournament my goal was Jigglypuff and Jigglypuff only.

The Melee Jigglypuff in Brawl:

Wall of Pain:
Who said this wasn't back? If I recall I was able to on several accounts I was able link 2-3 Bairs in row frequently, unfortunately due to everyones ability to stay alive, it requires; Bair->Bair->sweetspot Fair. or Fair->Fair->Sweet Spot Fair, in order to make it a killing blow at the end it seems.

Rest Combos:
Rest as Jigglymaster said much easier to land. In melee you had to be liberal and rest
only when completely covering the person with Jigglypuff. In Brawl, you can have less of your body on them for the rest, although regardless they go straight up.

The simple combos into rests seem to be much more difficult, Uthrow to Rest, Utilt to Rest for sure seem to be no longer in the game. But it seems that at the right percentages, a Bair, Uair, Rest would work.

Jigglypuff's Movelist:
Rollout: Much improved, probably one of Jigglypuff's new killing moves. The startup, and ending lag seem to be less frames.

Rest: Easier to Hit, not nerfed like everyone said. In Brawl I watched a TON of matches, and in every single one, people ALWAYS lasted into their 100s, and even frequently to the 190-200 range. Out of the Rests I hit, I'd say 80% were killing blows. Overall, Rest is just new, not nerfed.

Pound: Still can be used as a recovery, Rising pound seemed to work (maybe not as well). Pound can still be used instead of wasting jumps to recover horizontal. I also found it useful as an approach at some points, although like in Melee, can be easily punished if done to a shield.

U-Smash: About the same as Melee, not really useful.

D-Smash: Same as Melee.

F-Smash: Jigglypuff's only decent Smash in Melee, and once again the same in Brawl, it was one of my main killing moves in my matches.

U-Tilt: No more Utilt Rest, Utilt seemed to have received a decent buff, at lower percentages it could land 1-2 and then follow up with a Bair chain, and on some characters above 120% it was a pretty decent killing move. Although due to the lack of L-canceling, Aerial to Utilt was relatively useless. The only instance I used it was with a Dair that was started early so it was over by the I was done hitting the opponent, to Utilt.

F-Tilt, D-Tilt: About the same, never really used them much though.

Dash Attack: Similar to Melee, good move to get them off the stage/ keep them off the stage.

Fair: Fair is Jiggly's new killing move, an unsweetspotted Fair can link into several, but UnSweetspotted Fair, to Sweetspotted Fair, was probably thee most effective way to kill in Brawl with Jigglypuff.

Bair: Bair to my notice no longer had as good knockback, but with the new floatiness, and the Bair being a bit weaker, it still made Bair chains as fun, and useful as they were in Melee. WoP is here to stay.

Dair: Same

Throws: Same

Sing: I didn't use it once :urg:. Sorry.

Overall Jigglypuff is Jigglypuff, she seems to still do pretty well in the air. It's a little to get used to but playing a new game it's to be expected. Don't go into Brawl expecting to play just like in Melee.

Jigglypuff also does well against probably every character except; Metaknight, Pit, and Pikachu.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. Since L-cancel is out, it all depends on the lag of the attack. Thus it should be pretty easy to get out of such a combo.

I haven't played the game though, so what do I know?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Unfortunately there were no recording systems there. Some recorded on his cell phone though and he said he recorded one of my matches so I'll try to find something.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, all I was asking from Brawl Jiggs was good combos and good maneuverability, and it appears that I got at least one of them.

Top Bottom