• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Techniques

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This is a thread to talk about Peach's Brawl techniques and to critique them.

Now, before we begin, I'll say this right now.

Her Float Cancel and her Wall Bomb is non-existant. So quit *****ing.

The Peach in BRAWL should not be played like she's from Melee. This is obviously a completly new Peach, so we must treat her as such.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
- Niko_K

Edge Fair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHt3VIJBh-E

Turnip Dash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QHSuyX_UE

Slide Cancel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfPkoykoHYc

Glide Throw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbiFZ1P6h0

Air Dodge into Glide Toss (gotta think up a good name)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTxAhvzBDZk

Air Dodge Item Drop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ByPwv8XydE

Slingshot Bomber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqL_h12v3Gs

Peach's Moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGYKru9eAg

- NinjaLink
*NEW*
Turnip Wavepull and Turnip Cancel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB...5BC10E9A2&index=2&playnext=5&playnext_from=PL

Ledgehop Float
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7zbPWv_Ek&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=1

Floatland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYB1zqJ810&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=2

Double Turnip cancel + randomness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMG2eHrBYM&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=3

Maximum Glide Toss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-qWE3N84g&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=4

Dtilt Cancel Glide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKbKcTIlPI&feature=PlayList&p=D16B1095BC10E9A2&index=5

Turnip Cancel to Peach Bomb Edgehog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuNjPbAu5bo&feature=related

Multi Turnip Cancel Edgehog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFUOowcLa0
---------------------------------------------------------------

I'll comment on some of these videos as the time goes by. techs. ^_^

Niko_K

Smash Master
When I first got this game I never expected to learn so much so quickly, now almost an entire thread is based on my findings xD

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
When I first got this game I never expected to learn so much so quickly, now almost an entire thread is based on my findings xD

Hey, you deserve it.

I'm just wondering...since the edge Roll glitch (which when you edgehog and roll at the right time, your enemy couldn't latch on the ledge because the game thinks you're still on it) for Brawl has been fixed, edgehogging seems to lose some of its purpose. So I'm wondering how much benifit the Slingshot would do for us.

Also, what't the purpose of the Glide throw?

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you deserve it.

I'm just wondering...since the edge Roll glitch (which when you edgehog and roll at the right time, your enemy couldn't latch on the ledge because the game thinks you're still on it) for Brawl has been fixed, edgehogging seems to lose some of its purpose. So I'm wondering how much benifit the Slingshot would do for us.

Glide throw seems excellent for an approach and retreat tactic. I'm sure it'll do wonders in future ;)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hey, you deserve it.

The edge roll glitch actually still works just the amount of frames where they can't latch the edge has been drastically reduced due to the fact that its way easier to grab onto the edge....you have to catch em after their UP B in order for it to work so you don't get hit.

Also the glide throw is good for attack out of your shield and the reverse glide throw is AMAZING for spacing yourself from the attacker while doing damage.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
this is lame we already know her moves:rolleyes:
Great. now we're critiquing on her techniques.

If you still think it's lame, then you don't need to post here.

The edge roll glitch actually still works just the amount of frames where they can't latch the edge has been drastically reduced due to the fact that its way easier to grab onto the edge....you have to catch em after their UP B in order for it to work so you don't get hit.

Also the glide throw is good for attack out of your shield and the reverse glide throw is AMAZING for spacing yourself from the attacker while doing damage.
Too bad edgehogging of anykind is almost completly useless against winged characters like Pit. >>

Oh, that's good to know. thanks man ^^

Niko_K

Smash Master
I just realized....NikoK....developer of the peach metagame xD

JOKING I'm definitely not that full of myself.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I just realized....NikoK....developer of the peach metagame xD

JOKING I'm definitely not that full of myself.
Better not be. :p

so, how difficult would it be learning each of these techs? I don't expect for them to be cake walk.

Also, Niko, you should do a few vids of chaingrabbing and such of a few characters, just to give us an idea of how heavy they are and such.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
So is it called the glide turnip or wave turnip? Hmmm . . . . Anyway, it'd be nice if we got a video of someone catching the turnip after tossing it. It seems as though if we could consistently catch the turnip after doing a glide toss, we'd be able to constantly repeat the motion without having to pull up a new one.

Or if possible, it'd be nice if a smash can be done after tossing the turnip. In the videos Niko K kinda just stands there afterwards.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can do anything after you toss it. You just slide. It does not stop you from doing something else.

Like Luigi's wavedash. Its long and goes far. and while still sliding, he can do whatever he wants.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
But there's no extra hitstun. There's generally less hitstun in Brawl than in Melee. So even if it hits, you won't be able to combo from it. It'll be a mindgame, but if it's a good character, like Marth, even if the turnip hits, they can hit you back if you try to dash forward and combo them.

The Gliding Toss also does not make the turnip fly off any further away from Peach than a standing toss (I can't remember if it's a Standing Normal Toss or Standing Smash Toss)... which is pretty crummy (yes, they nerfed the distance she can throw stuff). So you'll gain distance, but it won't fly off further than you could've thrown normally, which is an important distinction, like if they're too close once you've glided and can punish you or something.

It's a very useful technique, though, since Peach's tossing abilities have been nerfed.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
But there's no extra hitstun. There's generally less hitstun in Brawl than in Melee. So even if it hits, you won't be able to combo from it. It'll be a mindgame, but if it's a good character, like Marth, even if the turnip hits, they can hit you back if you try to dash forward and combo them.

The Gliding Toss also does not make the turnip fly off any further away from Peach than a standing toss (I can't remember if it's a Standing Normal Toss or Standing Smash Toss)... which is pretty crummy (yes, they nerfed the distance she can throw stuff). So you'll gain distance, but it won't fly off further than you could've thrown normally, which is an important distinction, like if they're too close once you've glided and can punish you or something.

It's a very useful technique, though, since Peach's tossing abilities have been nerfed.
I think not tossing it further isn't that big of a deal though:

1.) Does tossing it the same distance when moving forward imply tossing it the same distance when retreating? If so, it becomes a better retreating tactic.

2.) Since it doesn't go further you can catch up to it. How realisitc would it be to consistently glide toss, catch the turnip, glide toss, catch turnip, repeat? Impossible? Extremely difficult? How would it look? Would it be a continous motion? Then it'd be a pseudo-wave dash.

3.) If it's like Dark.Pch said and you can follow it up with any move, would you be able to do a forward smash and propel the turnip farther sort of like hitting it with the home run bat? Or could you do it in reverse to an approaching opponent and then follow the retreat with a counter?

All of this is just speculation since I still haven't been able to play the game. Perhaps it's really easy for me to think up hypothetical applications since I don't know how difficult it is or how strict the timing is.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
How useful is the ledge fair?

It seems kind of slow and predictable, plus it has no invincibility frames and uses up the second jump. What would happen if a Marth just fsmashed->edgeguarded?:(

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
How useful is the ledge fair?

It seems kind of slow and predictable, plus it has no invincibility frames and uses up the second jump. What would happen if a Marth just fsmashed->edgeguarded?:(
It's just something else to add to the arsenal. If you continuously jump back and regrab the ledge without doing the f-air while the opponent is far away, you can possibly lure them into a bad attack and punish with the f-fair. Also, is it possible to fit in an air dodge while you attack or after you let go of the edge? The move would be more effective if you could.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say the ledgefair isn't very useful because Peach is still crap from the ledge (her jump that is).

Her 2nd jump (from the ledge) is still crappy (when compared to everyone else's), not to mention that her 2nd jump is pretty crappy altogether now. Her fair, while fast, is not as fast a most 3-5 frame moves in the game are. Because of her crappy 2nd jump, the range will also not be anywhere near the same as a ledgehopped fair from characters like Marth, Sheik, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox or anyone else who can actually "approach from the ledge" (not that it's very safe nowadays).

Hawks go Caw: I doubt you can lure opponents into "doing a bad attack and punish with the Fair" (because leaving yourself open like that usually results in you getted ledgeattacked, something that is no longer CC:able, so people wouldn't spam laggy moves like that) because for one thing, the fair has limited range and isn't quite as fast as it should be compared to a lot of other fairs.

Smart people would try a poke-attack like a quick D-tilt, F-tilt, Fsmash or something other with low lag and shield the fair.

If you're constantly letting go of the ledge and regrabbing it, you're also leaving yourself kinda open because of the very nature of Peach's 2nd jump.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'd say the ledgefair isn't very useful because Peach is still crap from the ledge (her jump that is).

Her 2nd jump (from the ledge) is still crappy (when compared to everyone else's), not to mention that her 2nd jump is pretty crappy altogether now. Her fair, while fast, is not as fast a most 3-5 frame moves in the game are. Because of her crappy 2nd jump, the range will also not be anywhere near the same as a ledgehopped fair from characters like Marth, Sheik, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox or anyone else who can actually "approach from the ledge" (not that it's very safe nowadays).

Hawks go Caw: I doubt you can lure opponents into "doing a bad attack and punish with the Fair" (because leaving yourself open like that usually results in you getted ledgeattacked, something that is no longer CC:able, so people wouldn't spam laggy moves like that) because for one thing, the fair has limited range and isn't quite as fast as it should be compared to a lot of other fairs.
"Omg why is everyone against me?! I'm just stating facts about Peach on a completely objective level! Describing things as 'crappy' and 'non-existant' is totally helpful and not misleading at all!"

Smart people would try a poke-attack like a quick D-tilt, F-tilt, Fsmash or something other with low lag and shield the fair.

If you're constantly letting go of the ledge and regrabbing it, you're also leaving yourself kinda open because of the very nature of Peach's 2nd jump.
Which is why I asked if you can incorporate an air dodge.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hawks go Caw, are you saying that Peach's 2nd jump in Brawl isn't crappy? Have you seen the 2nd jump? It's a fact that when compared to every single 2nd game in the game, Peach's 2nd jump is, indeed, quite crappy. In fact, if you jump and then 2nd jump into an immediate float once you'd stopped gaining height with the 2nd jump, you'll have barely gained any height whatsoever.

Pretty much everyone agrees on it being crappy. It's a known fact that it's a ****ty 2nd jump, especially since every single other 2nd jump in the game is so much better.

You cannot incorporate an airdodge into the fair, thingie-strategy-whatever. Have you forgotten there are no longer directional airdodges? Even if you hold a direction when airdodging, you won't go any further in that direction than if you had simply air controlled towards it (i.e. "holding towards that direction with the control stick").

You cannot get back onto the stage from the edge using an airdodge nor can you airdodge into an attack because of how Peach works (if you airdodge from the ledge, you'll be too far down to get an attack off once you've recovered from the airdodge itself... not to mention it'd be suicidal).

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yuna you are completely right. I would just like to add that there are some cool ways to attack out of air dodges...

You have to set your momentum to falling towards the stage and since air dodges have no landing lag you can airdodge into any attack with invincibility frames until you attack.

I use airdodge into shield grab and ftilt a good amount now. Try it out.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna you are completely right. I would just like to add that there are some cool ways to attack out of air dodges...
That's not sarcasm, right?

You have to set your momentum to falling towards the stage and since air dodges have no landing lag you can airdodge into any attack with invincibility frames until you attack.

I use airdodge into shield grab and ftilt a good amount now. Try it out.
FYI, grabs have super armor, not invincibility frames (similar, but not the same). Also, it's not for the entire duration of the startup animation (which for Peach's case should still be 7 but I don't have the patience to actually check her frame data).

I think it's crap that grabs are so good now. You can't pressure anymore because of super armored shieldgrabs >_>'.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
FYI, grabs have super armor, not invincibility frames (similar, but not the same). Also, it's not for the entire duration of the startup animation (which for Peach's case should still be 7 but I don't have the patience to actually check her frame data).

I think it's crap that grabs are so good now. You can't pressure anymore because of super armored shieldgrabs >_>'.
Is that so? Never knew that. oh man, is the king of grabs gonna have run with this xD!!

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Hawks go Caw, are you saying that Peach's 2nd jump in Brawl isn't crappy? Have you seen the 2nd jump? It's a fact that when compared to every single 2nd game in the game, Peach's 2nd jump is, indeed, quite crappy. In fact, if you jump and then 2nd jump into an immediate float once you'd stopped gaining height with the 2nd jump, you'll have barely gained any height whatsoever.

Pretty much everyone agrees on it being crappy. It's a known fact that it's a ****ty 2nd jump, especially since every single other 2nd jump in the game is so much better.
I'm not saying it doesn't suck. I'm saying that "crappy" is non-descriptive and in no way helpful. Example:

Person 1: Hey how was the concert?
Person 2: Man it was crappy.

So from that, what can you say about concert? Was the sound crappy? Was the bad crappy? Was the audience crappy? You can't say anything about the concert. You don't know anything other than, "It's crappy."

You're always so concerned about noobs coming into the Peach forum and reading posts and being "mislead" by us, yet you don't contribute to enlightening them much either. Use some more descriptive terms. Your over exaggerated, non-descriptive, vague adjectives tell us nothing about anything. Saying a the jump is "crappy" doesn't tell noobs how it's crappy, so it's useless to even say it. You might as well not even mention it.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord

So from that, what can you say about concert? Was the sound crappy? Was the bad crappy? Was the audience crappy? You can't say anything about the concert. You don't know anything other than, "It's crappy."
Well, in that case Person 1 can infer that the concert was a generally negative experience. The bad points outweigh the good.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The front page has been updated. Several more techs has been discovered. techs are copyright to NinjaLink lol

Discuss

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not saying it doesn't suck. I'm saying that "crappy" is non-descriptive and in no way helpful. Example:

You're always so concerned about noobs coming into the Peach forum and reading posts and being "mislead" by us, yet you don't contribute to enlightening them much either. Use some more descriptive terms. Your over exaggerated, non-descriptive, vague adjectives tell us nothing about anything. Saying a the jump is "crappy" doesn't tell noobs how it's crappy, so it's useless to even say it. You might as well not even mention it.
Wow, I fail to state something eloquently one time and you jump down my throat and talk as if I do it constantly! Grasping, much?

Also, you claim the statement "crappy" was misleading (in your previous post) so it kinda sounded like you didn't agree on the 2nd jump being crappy.

Fine, let's be eloquent. It's still slow as hell, it still works the same as in Melee in how it works from the ledge, only, this time around, it pretty much gives Peach no added height. After you've reached the peak of your 2nd jump, you'll have gained a negligible amount of height (it's like two fifths of a standing Melee Pichu if even that). Happy now?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
On an unrelated note:
What the heck is the Floatland? Maybe I'm just a little bit too tired (05:17 am ATM), but it looks like Peach is just running off the ledge and backturn grabbing it.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Wow, I fail to state something eloquently one time and you jump down my throat and talk as if I do it constantly! Grasping, much?

Also, you claim the statement "crappy" was misleading (in your previous post) so it kinda sounded like you didn't agree on the 2nd jump being crappy.

Fine, let's be eloquent. It's still slow as hell, it still works the same as in Melee in how it works from the ledge, only, this time around, it pretty much gives Peach no added height. After you've reached the peak of your 2nd jump, you'll have gained a negligible amount of height (it's like two fifths of a standing Melee Pichu if even that). Happy now?
How about we drop everything because things aren't going anywhere between our arguments?

---

On a side note, I thought that floatlanding was getting on the ledge, pressing jump, and immediately canceling it with a float rather than doing the full jump animation.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
On an unrelated note:
What the heck is the Floatland? Maybe I'm just a little bit too tired (05:17 am ATM), but it looks like Peach is just running off the ledge and backturn grabbing it.
I believe it's her getting back on the stage from the ledge in a faster rate, which is a improvement. If I remember, Peach had lousy ledge games. She had to either float over them, air dodge, or just try to attack them, which wouldn't work all the time (especially aaginst Marth and Fox)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
she still has her float cancel :-\
Nah she does not. After you do an air attack and land, it still lags. Sot Flaoting then doing an air attack does not cut the lag or her air attacks. **** people need to play Peach more in N.Y I feel I'm the only one repping her .___.

-__-

Smash Ace
i played peach and everytime i do an air attack and fast fall i have no lag =\

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Peach has very little lag on her aerials.

That's all.

The Peach forum angers me.

Top Bottom