• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSSamus selectable in Tournament mode with C-stick

GenG

Smash Lord
Please close this thread, I just found that you must press C-stick while selecting Samus to play as ZSSamus in Tournament mode.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here by "pressing the C-stick," and can you expand on how this is different than the usual method of selecting ZSS by holding shield between character and stage selection screens?

GenG

Smash Lord
In Tournament Mode only, if you want to pick Zero Suit Samus, you must to go over regular Samus' square and then press the C-stick to turn her into Zero Suit.

GenG

Smash Lord
You can't hold R to pick Zamus in Tournament mode, only C-Stick works.

GenG

Smash Lord
It seems that some people here are not so bright, so I'm willing to explain it one more time.

There's the multiplayer mode, classic, event, with the usual character screen, in which you hold R before pressing Start.

Good.

Then there's Tournament mode.

Yes, this.

Here you can't pick Zamus by holding R. You have to go over Samus' space and push the C-stick in any direction to change Samus' space into Zamus'. Then you can pick colors normally with X and Y.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
...and push the C-stick in any direction to change Samus' space into Zamus'. Then you can pick colors normally with X and Y.
It's not a matter of how smart we are--you've just been repeating "push the C-stick" which makes it sound like you're referring to pushing a BUTTON. When people asked for you to make it a little more clear, you simply repeated yourself...hence our obvious confusion.

Thank you for finally elaborating. :dizzy:

GenG

Smash Lord
Whatever. I thought you people knew how much you can do with the C-Stick. Despite my choice of words, it's obvious what you can and cannot do with the C-stick.

I said press, push... do you want tilt? Tilt the C-stick if you want.

And sorry if I went a bit overboard with all of this.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
the c-stick isnt a button.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. In the Gamestop Tournaments, I've heard that they will not be using Gamecube controllers, and the Wiimote does not have a C-stick. If they use tournament mode, how do you switch to Zamus?

GenG

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. In the Gamestop Tournaments, I've heard that they will not be using Gamecube controllers, and the Wiimote does not have a C-stick. If they use tournament mode, how do you switch to Zamus?
Good question...

cool, can you also pick which pokemon you start with as PT this way?
I haven't tested that myself, but it should work. It works with Sheik too.

I

i8waffles612

Ah I get thanks.

But what if your not using a GC controller?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
lol first half of this thread was hilarious...

"the c-stick is not a button"

3 posts later:

"PUSH THE C-STICK!!! WHAT DON'T YOU GET!!??"

OHHHhhhh god... great stuff...

Thanks for the info!

Visani

Smash Rookie
The Button - (Minus) on just the Wiimote for ZZS.
The Button C (Above Z on the Joystick) for Wiimote + Nunchuck.

Tournament Mode, probably for SSE as well.

Top Bottom