• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets Two Star review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I love those bitmaps.

However, I wonder why such a low qualification to such a great game.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
From just browsing through his review, he seems to dislike Nintendo as a whole. Maybe he has a grudge or something for whatever reason.

On top of that, I have never even heard of that website before. Even still (if I'm just out of the loop), his review will never stand a chance against the big dogs like IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, etc. Add in the magazine reviews and whatnot, I'm pretty sure he is (and will continue to be) in the minority.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Pretty obvious he hates nintendo/wii/SSB to begin with. Whats this, people that are biased against Brawl give it 2/4. Whats this, people that are biased in favour of Brawl give it 10/10. Man that **** is unexpected.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was about time some n00b grabbed Brawl, said it was a piece of sh¡t, stamped a bad mark on it, and felt proud about it, callind it a "review".
Heck, it was a really boring "wall-o-text" read. It just sucked.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I choose not to read that review since his Tekken 6 review basically shows his ignorance.

I'm going to treat this guy's site as a joke and he just bashes good games for fun to get a rise out of people.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
relax this same guy gave....
FF 12 (2 out of 4)
God of War 2 (0 out of 4)
Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess(1 out of 4)
Metal Gear Solid (1 out of 4)
Super Mario Galaxy (2 1/2 out of 4)
Elder Scrolls IV (1/2 out of 4)
Wii Sports (1 out of 4)
Castlevania-SotN (2 out of 4)

not sayin he's biased or anythin...but are we really gonna measure this opinion vs others who say that the above listed games are groundbreaking (hell even gamespot gave twilight princess the equivalent of a 3 out of 4)

kr3wman

Smash Master
Wow. And the people who comment aren't any better :

one thing that always have fascinated me, is how Nintendo stubbornly continues to curse his games with one of the most repulsive, ugly, annoying, and anticool party of characters ever created. sadly they didn’t had a good character designer back in the super Mario bros days, and miyamoto, a gameplay expert, but very bad designer, cursed the videogame world for ever, with his hideous cast of toons.
Nintendo games will be miles better, if they had better characters.
in specific:
Mario: the fauna of the toad kingdom, is ok inside his kingdom. please don’t bring these animals for others things. make some miracle happens, that transform the toads people into more natural people. is time to replace Mario with Mario jr, the son of Mario. edgier and cooler, fan of punk and skate. also make the girls sexy, or you will end up planting some massive sexual disorder associated with toons, into humanity.
Zelda cast, and fire emblem cast: what hideous clothes. please be creative. antique style clothing can be made cool.
starfox cast: my god, remove from the world this disaster.
donkey kong cast: cant stand these grotesque creatures. they almos make me cry when they appear in games.

back to ssbb, don’t like this game. the gameplay has too much fat. i would instead play
(Soldat)
Holy Jesus Tapdacing Christ. Some people need to lay off with the hate.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Wow. And the people who comment aren't any better :

Holy Jesus Tapdacing Christ. Some people need to lay off with the hate.
Obviously a review site geared more towards Nintendo hate than anything, based on the replies. I wouldn't think much of it. As I said earlier, he's in the unbelievably huge minority right now.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
relax guys, i mean are we gonna get into a tussle about this guy when we'll have our game in about 2 weeks?

im a bit insulted but honestly dont give a **** if he hates it.

i mean once i found out that gamespot liked the game (and probably wont give it lower than an 8), that sealed the deal for me

let this noob say w/e he wants to say. he's probably waiting for GTA IV (but he did give a gta game a 1 out of 4), or GOW 2

let him have his 5 seconds of fame on smashboards (which isnt sayin much)

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
also, what the hell kinda scale is out of 4 stars??? thats stupid and you can never accurately rate a game on a scale like that, you really need 5 or something at the very least.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I don't care about the result of reviews, but the style of writing was really incoherant and you can tell it hasn't gone through an editor, It's so bloated.

That said, It's obviously a means to court contraversy. If it was praising everything about brawl no-one would care, bad news sells, it's just a shame that it's a terribly written review.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Not only was that article horrible, but he started to talk about the SSE! Oh, man I need to be a little bit more careful about these types of things. I exited the article ASAP after that.

Btw, I didn't read the whole article, oh no. I got sick after reading the several sentences I scanned in the article. Now if you will exuse me I think I am going to hurl.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
I'm amazed half of you even bothered to read that garbage...
Just one look at the formatting and ugliness of that site was enough to make me instantly close the browser tab.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
I swear that your damage meter will be at less than 80%, and some ******* like Ice Climber Kid will come up and whomp you with a hammer and you’ll just fly out into the background and “die”.
ROFL

It was kinda: "This game sux becuz I sux on it".

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
also, what the hell kinda scale is out of 4 stars??? thats stupid and you can never accurately rate a game on a scale like that, you really need 5 or something at the very least.
seriously i mean hell, even xplay uses a 5 star scale

5 star works fine, u got 4s an 5s for great games, 3s for good/semi bad games, an 2s an 1s for bad games

hell if he gave it a 3 out of 5, it'd sound somewhat better

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
i tried reading the whole thing, but it was just the same thing over and over.

blah blah blah, **** nintendo,
blah blah blah, i masturbate,
blah blah blah, **** you, the reader.

obviously, hes an anti nintendo person, and believes that games need to be "real" to be good.
pssh, isnt that what videogames are? a way to escape reality? to go to fantasy worlds that dont exist?
videogames is like reading a book.. but ALOT more fun. LOL

kr3wman

Smash Master
The fact that he still plays it with his friends proves that he just makes those "reviews" with alot of sarcasm to get the attention of the people who just...you know, hate a game just because they hate it.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to say that I forced myself the read the whole thing, as boring and horrible as it was and I have to say - he's an idiot. He's more concerned making incoherent allusions than actually talking about the game. His writing style is long-winded, poor, and goes off on tangents way too frequently.

I'd say about 20% of that wall-o-text actually talks about Brawl, and when it does, he's just speaking out of his ***, sadly.

Patinator

Smash Champion
*Holds up Missile Launcher* Anyone with me?! Can't believe how moronic people can get. Everyone should take that reviewer, who's worth less than a piece of trash, with a miligram of salt. :p

Wight

Smash Apprentice
This is just some kids blog that has a format that looks like a game review site, and the writing skills of article's author is simply appalling. The article does not talk of the game at all, merely repeating "this game sucks" in as many inarticulate ways as possible. This person does not state to the least why he gave the game 2 stars other than the fact that it sucks, which lacks evidence by itself.

Simply ridiculous. To everyone who have yet to read the site; don't. It's a waste of your time, and it certainly was a waste of mine.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm amazed half of you even bothered to read that garbage...
Just one look at the formatting and ugliness of that site was enough to make me instantly close the browser tab.
I didn't read it. However, the comments here tell me enough.

That guy is a d***, he should stay out of the video-game world.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
The reason he scored it low is "Nintendo fetishism and the story of SSE". He also doesn't like how the character's backgrounds are so shallow.

He is a critic that loves to understand the story, characters, and plot of a game. To criticize a fighting game like that seems weird.

It's true that SSB masturbates to everything Nintendo, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I like nostalga. He does not.

Zek

Smash Ace
This site has been around for a little while, they're infamous for giving good games terrible scores with incredibly unprofessional reviews. It's a gimmick site. They do it for the attention from threads like this.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
xD

Please guys, I know it's like a train wreck. It's absolutely horrible and gruesome but you can't look away.
BUT: we need to turn around now, this guy's getting WAY more attention than he actually deserves. He deserves none and you all know it.

Just let it die, you know he isn't worth the time.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
relax this same guy gave....
FF 12 (2 out of 4)
God of War 2 (0 out of 4)
Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess(1 out of 4)
Metal Gear Solid (1 out of 4)
Super Mario Galaxy (2 1/2 out of 4)
Elder Scrolls IV (1/2 out of 4)
Wii Sports (1 out of 4)
Castlevania-SotN (2 out of 4)

not sayin he's biased or anythin...but are we really gonna measure this opinion vs others who say that the above listed games are groundbreaking (hell even gamespot gave twilight princess the equivalent of a 3 out of 4)
Lol.

10 Char.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I have to say, I'm also a teeny bit biased, I'm just generally leaning towards Nintendo because I grew up with it, memories and such. A bit biased alright.

BUT: this kind of destructive fanboyism/fangirlism is pretty much what keeps the hate going. That's what's really sad about this.

No, I'm not going to say : "I knew he played Halo!" and such, although that's what I think often enough and it makes me a bit ashamed. I shouldn't think that because it's stupid. People should just be ashamed of themselves if they really think other people's interests or lifestyles are trash because they didn't like ONE game for a specific console.

People need to realize that other consoles can very well be as good as the one they chose. I am a Nintendo fan, yet I own a PS2 and I'm super happy with it. AND I'm interested in playing friggin' Halo!!

People like that piece of trash should just go away, nobody needs them. at all!

I would be very glad if people read that. Because you know it's true xD

EDIT: Although I must say I won't go looking at the site and actually read it. Because I know I will be pissed and I'm pissed enough right now...

But I'm just saying <(>.<)>

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
The man's not a Nintendo hater - he's written pretty in-depth reviews of Mother 2 and Mario 3 that declare them as some of his favorite games. Most of his criticisms are at the SSE, which is basically a Kingdom Hearts 2 ripoff as he says, and the control scheme. If anybody read why he gave the score he gave, it's basically a **** positive review.

Blatherskite

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that guy is horrible at writting. Half the time he wasn't even talking about the game he was reviewing. Sounded more like a Nintendo rant by someone with an ego problem.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
wow...you know this isnt actually a review because most of it is him talking about ways your siblings could have died etc. Such a **** read wow :S

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Who the hell rates games out of 4 stars instead of 5? These aren't movies.

Well at least the "ranking" sites don't use him (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom