• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Power Of Ragnell" An Ike Video/Matchup discussion thread(BIG UPDATE 3/12/08)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Topic made by member of Blood 4 Blood Clan(Join now if you havent!!!)

Greetings my fellow Ike players! As you all know (or at least should know by now if you visit these boards frequently) many people have been placing videos of their Ike's across the net ever since the Japanese release. Many of us have posted these vids on this board, showing what the metagame for Ike would most likely become in the future of competitive play. With that, I have chosen to take upon some of the first steps in aiding us by placing a Video and Match-up discussion thread. Like many boards that have this type of thread, it is simply for the improvement of fellow players among the Ike community to develop a since of "metagame" that will allow us to unlock the many hidden potentials that Ike holds. With that, we can analyze these videos in order to further the process, and thus, allowing us to reach our ultimate destination in showing everyone that Ike, and his Mainers, are truly a force that shouldn't be taken lightly. With that, I shall place a multitude of videos from known Ike players, and some unknown players that I believe fits the status of "Above average", and the status of "a true Wielder of Ragnell(Top player)". If you wish for me to host any of your vids, please pm me with a link to the vid, and the what your playing against. Remember, you can place not only your winnings but losing as well. Losing allows for more practice and thus allows for us to get rid of the mistakes, making it even tougher for the opponent next time around. Also, this thread is NOT for SPAMor Flamming, and thus, will not be tolerated AT ALL. This thread is simply for discussing the videos, and developing match-up strategies to fight against other characters.

Enjoy the vids!

IKE VS. MARIO

IKE VS. LINK
Kirk(ike) vs. Link
Kirk(ike) vs. Link
Another Side(Link) vs Griever(Ike)

IKE VS. KIRBY

IKE VS. PIKACHU

IKE VS. FOX
Rack 31 (Fox) vs Hostility (Ike)

IKE VS. SAMUS
XsilvenX(ike) vs D1(samus)

IKE VS. ZELDA

IKE VS. SHEIK
Lucien (Sheik) vs Hostility (Ike)

IKE VS. BOWSER

IKE VS. D.K

IKE VS. YOSHI

IKE VS. PEACH
Cuba is Death (Peach) vs Hostility (Ike)
IKE VS. IC(Ice Climbers)

IKE VS. FALCO
Lucien (Falco) vs Hostility (Ike)
IKE VS. WOLF
Lucien (Wolf) vs Hostility (Ike)

IKE VS. NESS

IKE VS. GANNONDORF
2Dios (Ike) vs. Shin (Gdorf)

IKE VS. MARTH
Caveman(ike)vs.Kal(marth)
Cuba is Death (Marth) vs Hostility (Ike)
Kirk(ike) vs Marth

IKE VS. R.O.B
Kirk(ike) vs ROB
Kirk(ike) vs. ROB
Kirk(ike) vs ROB
Kirk(ike) vs ROB
Kirk vs. ROB
Kirk vs. ROB
Kirk(ike) vs ROB
Kirk(ike) vs ROB
Kirk(ike) vs ROB

IKE VS. C.FALCON

IKE VS. SONIC
Kirk(ike) vs Sonic
Kirk(ike) vs Sonic
Zariedriel(Ike) vs Andy(Sonic)

IKE VS. TOON LINK
Cuba is Death (TLink) vs Hostility (Ike)
Kirk(ike) vs TLink
Kirk(ike) vs TLink
Walk~(ike) vs Kizzu(TL)
Walk~(ike) vs Kizzu(TL)
Walk~(ike) vs Kizzu(TL)
Walk~(ike) vs Kizzu(TL)
Walk~(ike) vs Kizzu(TL)

IKE VS. LUIGI

IKE VS. G & W
Zareidriel(ike) vs Matt(G & W)

IKE VS. JIGGLYPUFF

IKE VS. LUCARIO

IKE VS. SNAKE
Kirk(ike) vs Snake
Kirk(ike) vs Snake

IKE VS. D3(DeDeDe)
Cuba is Death (D3) vs Hostility (Ike)
Cuba is Death (D3) vs Hostility (Ike)
XsilvenX(ike) vs Basic Sausage(D3)
XsilvenX vs Basic Sausage(D3)

IKE VS. P.TRAINER
Azen
azen(ike)vs.Chillin(PT)
azen(ike)vs.Chillin(PT)
Lucien (PT) vs Hostility (Ike)
Kirk(ike) vs PT
IKE VS. PIT
Zareidriel(Ike) vs Bob(Pit)

IKE VS. WARIO
XsilvenX vs Casshern(Wario)

IKE VS. ZERO SUIT
Azen
azen(ike)vs.Chillin(ZZS)
azen(ike)vs.Chillin(ZZS)
XsilvenX(ike) vs Basic Sausage(ZZS)
XsilvenX vs Basic Sausage(ZZS)

IKE VS. OLIMAR
Kirk(ike) vs Olimar
Kirk(ike) vs Olimar
XsilvenX(ike) vs Basic Sausage(Olimar)

IKE VS. DIDDY
Milos(Ike) vs Diddy

IKE DITTOS
Lucien(blue ike)vs.Hostility(gold ike)
Kirk vs Ghey
Kirk vs Ghey
Kirk vs Ghey
Kirk vs Ghey
Kirk vs Mike Hawk
Kirk vs Mike Hawk
Kirk vs Mike Hawk
Kirk vs Mike Hawk
Kirk vs. Mike Hawk
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs Azen
Kirk vs azen
Kirk vs Azen

IKE VS. LUCAS
Lucien (Lucas) vs Hostility (Ike)

IKE VS. METAKNIGHT
Kirk(ike) vs MK

Informative Topics on Ike
Kirks Everything Ike Guide
Roiths: Guide to Playing Ike from the B4BC
Want to discuss more then just matchups? Then this thread is for you:Ike Discussion, Q & A, and video archive(links to this thread as well for the vids)

Thanks
I believe thats everyone lol. Thanks to those who have placed these videos out on the web for our viewing and allowing us to analyze them in order to become better at our character, Ike.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Not good T.T Sorry about that. Need the other one deleted. MY comp is freaking out @.@ Uploading is tiresome lol.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Updated:

Ike Dittos

And more!!! I'll update some more later (in like three hours). PM me your vids if you want to be hosted.

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
IKE VS. GANNONDORF
Milos(Ike) vs Diddy

Might wanna move that one, nice compilation.:)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Lol another topic? XD

Still good stuff :p Maybe I should just get rid of the links in my guide and have them all here...I could link from my guide to this one...how does that sound to you?

Also, in case there weren't enough Ike dittos already, me and Azen played earlier today...and I remembered to record them hehe. I can have those up hopefully in the near future. :D

Gahlo

Smash Cadet
Still good stuff :p Maybe I should just get rid of the links in my guide and have them all here...I could link from my guide to this one...how does that sound to you?
Even though it wasn't directed at me, that sounds like a good idea because, well, your guide gets kinda long.:laugh:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Was my thread with videos by person, and discussion on more than just matchup info not good enough for you?

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
@Gahlo-Thanks for pointing that out for me Gahlo, I was in a hurry lol.

@Kirk-Yea sure kirk, I have no problems with you linking your guide to my theard. That would be awesome as well if we could get that ike ditto of you and azen(Ike ditto's=Pwnage).

@scotu- I've actually been thinking of making this thread for awhile scotu, and yes, this thread is for match-up discussion and video discussion only. Your thread can discuss a multitude of things while I simply want to focus on those two topics. Besides, I believe that they also have something called "Ike Appreciation" thread, which covers alot of the things you speak of in your thread. Not trying to make conflict though, just stating that this is ONLY for matchup and the video's in this thread discussion.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lol Ike appreciation is full of spam. I'll probably just end up linking my vid section to here if that's ok.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was actually more then that lol, shows what I know about that thread. If you want I can link your thread to this one. And in order to cooperate along with each other, you can take the matchup discusion part, and I'll take the video discussion part. Sounds cool to you? Im sure this sounds a bit complicated but I'll be sure to explain a bit bitter.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Updated:

Added matches:Zaredriel vs.

Linked to a more indepth discussion thread on Ike tactics and strategies

Top Bottom