• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Hall

Smash Ace
CHULA VISTA BRAWL WEEKLIES!

The Gauntlet!

Tournament Rules:
Time: 11am - 11pm (This is enforced.)
Venue Fee for all entrants: $3

Rules: SoCal Standard (See: Mike's Tournaments)

Stream: http://twitch.tv/marthshadow

Events (Prices):
All-Brawl ($1)
Singles ($5)
Doubles ($5 per person)

Raffles - $1 Tickets
Prizes for the Raffle Include: 27-inch TV, and other neat prizes.

Quick Notes:
- All Brawl will have at least two set-ups.

- All Brawl tournament matches will be held opposite of singles pools/bracket matches. Meaning if your pools matches are not up, you will be playing in All-Brawl to alleviate down-time.

General Rules:
-Respect everyone
-Wii mote controller setups will be used at owner's risk. Disconnections and/or batteries dying are at your consequence.
- Bring your own control (That includes wiimote)
-ABIDE BY ALL THE RULES

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Previous Results For Chula Vista Weeklies

Results For Chula Vista VIII
1 DSF (DDD)
2 Mikehaze (Marth)
3 Havok (Marth)
4 Awex (Olimar)
5: MogX (kirby)
5: TKD (Ice Climbers)
7: ezkl (Toon Link)
7: iz pop (falco)
9: staufy (lucario)
9: nuke
9: phear
9: soid
13: nicktendo
13: burnt Socks
13: seige
13: selendrile
25: dragz
17: Zen
17: geo
17: GhettoSoldier
17: voxx
17: qzzy
17: nyjin
17: Dayu
25: mario
25: miguel
25: unrderwing
25: WhySoSerious
25: LitttleFumi

Doubles

Results For Chula Vista VII
SINGLES (top 7 of 27 entries)
Player (character)

1. Bone (Peach)
2. Havok (Marth)
3. MogX (Kirby)
4. Hall (Snake)
5: Phear (Snake)
5: Awex (Olimar)
7: Nicktendo (Diddy)
7: TKD (Ice Climbers)

DOUBLES (top 4 out of 13 entries)
Team name (players)

1: Where Are You Mike Haze (Bone + MogX)
2: Old Man's Money (Hall + Oats)
3: Communists (Nyijin + Phear)
4: Ken & Isai (Kyte + Danny)

RESULTS FOR CHULA VISTA VI on Page
Results For Chula Vista V On Page 49
Results for Chula Vista IV On Page 43
Partial Results For Chula Vista III On Page 38
Results for Chula Vista II On Page 34
Results for Chula Vista I On Page 30

Rickety

Peace and Love
Welcome to the San Diego smash scene :]

My name is Rick(ety), and I am (was?) the main tournament organizer for San Diego. I wish your thread the best of luck, but the problem with the National City/South Bay smash scene is the lack of smashers able to host or find a venue. Many smashers end up having to come to La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo or even as far as Oceanside to play, and some can't play because this is too far for them.

I don't want to sound like I'm plugging my own thread, but I think it'd be safe to stick to the main San Diego thread, as that one has been our main way of communicating and informing other smashers in our area since early 2006. Right now, my best advice would be to find a venue/house to play in :]

Hope this helps, and Happy Smashing!

<3
rick(ety)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Well Supermario27mx 1st off im going to the midnight release at the plaza bonita mall and imma compete in that brawl tourney. 2nd SWC might work but like I sent you in the e-mail it has to be big enough and we need to be able to make some noise cause some ppl cant control themselves when there losing (LIKE ME!!!! LOL!!!) and it cant be just some corner in a library, and 3rdly Rickety we just want this to benefit the chula scene cause we just find it a lil unfair that were the ones that get left out and have to travel up north for tourneys, but keep in mind when we do have tourneys down here and get this whole thing squared away we will post and announce in the San Diego Smash Scene thread. We wont leave you guys out to dry....... But to everyone just keep an open mind about the venue locations!!!

P.S.
Post if your attending the Brawl tourney at the Bonita Mall or any other Gamestop in the area, and if anyone wants to host any friendlies or get together from some melee just for fun until then please let us know......

Thanks Everyone and
Happy Smashing!!!!!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
swc = venue

we can make it work.
i went to ask and we can use the student center after 1 pm, given that there is no one on the place we plan to be in since no place in there can be reserved, i also asked at the library and as long as 1 enrolled student is in a media study room we are good however the noise would be an issue. another logical choice at swc would be a classroom but that is most likely a definite no. in a smash related story im attending the san ysidro (shops at las americas) gamestop for the brawl tourney anyone else going to the same location????

jwnz

Smash Cadet
i'll be headed to Plaza as well with a couple friends.

and the media center room? is that the room below the library? cause i was thinking we'd be using one of the smaller group study rooms that have tvs in them.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Welcome to the San Diego smash scene :]

I wish your thread the best of luck, but the problem with the National City/South Bay smash scene is the lack of smashers able to host or find a venue. Many smashers end up having to come to La Jolla or Rancho Bernardo or even as far as Oceanside to play, and some can't play because this is too far for them.

I don't want to sound like I'm plugging my own thread, but I think it'd be safe to stick to the main San Diego thread, as that one has been our main way of communicating and informing other smashers in our area since early 2006. Right now, my best advice would be to find a venue/house to play in :]

Hope this helps, and Happy Smashing!

<3
rick(ety)
thanks for the love and we will post up tourney info on the main SD thread (once we are organized) but this is made to gather up smashers and head out to bigger tourneys like ucsd and maybe hold a high level tournament in the south bay since i noticed most of these are near mentioned areas, anyways well keep u guys informed on any developments and such

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yeah can some one provide a place to play some smash or are we allowed to go smash at SWC? And if we can how are we gonna handle parking dont you need to pay or have some sort of pass or something????

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
I can bring one but I gotta know what day though????
thursday or friday would be good (for me) but also what time are u available to play i dont have class at 8 and 9 on T/Th and at 9 on MWF and i get out at 12 on M-Th and at 11 on friday, i dont know if this time is good for u or anyone else

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Im down for it Legend17 is my friend I go to school with him so george would you be down for friday??? But I just gotta know Time and Location..... We get out at 3 so sometime after that would be kool!!! And How many ppl would show up???

Legend17

Smash Rookie
Friday's good, friday late afternoon or friday night is good..we just need a place, swc collerge or maybe someoen's house...anyone have any other suggestion?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Im down for friday at SWC but I just gotta know if were gonna get charged for parking or something??? And what specific time just someone throw out a time. Like 4 or 5 would be kool or something; just a certain time that would be good for everyone.......

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
as of right now friday looks good for me like at 4 or 5
also, here is a list of people from this thread who are attending a gamestop tourney in case they havent checked the San Diego thread
The Shops At Las Americas - supermario27mx
Plaza Bonita #1 - Jon619 and dreamhack619
Plaza Bonita #2 - Jwnz

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I live really close by. If anyone wants to play smash... contact me.

Unless you're Romeo619.
;D

You can call me Bone.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
did u guys play smash on friday????
Yeah Me, Legend, and my other friend just played some smash on friday..... But what happened though I thought everyone was gonna smash at SWC or something I guesse it was all BS talk! But 4 reals when are we gonna get some tourneys going???? And also sign up at http://www.Allisbrawl.com and we can post tourneys there too...... But we need to seriously get this thing rolling and put the South Bay Smash Scene on the map!!!

EdwardMsW

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of people at Otay Ranch HS that play brawl and lots of them are interested in local tournaments.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Yeah Me, Legend, and my other friend just played some smash on friday..... But what happened though I thought everyone was gonna smash at SWC or something I guesse it was all BS talk! But 4 reals when are we gonna get some tourneys going???? And also sign up at http://www.Allisbrawl.com and we can post tourneys there too...... But we need to seriously get this thing rolling and put the South Bay Smash Scene on the map!!!
i dunno what happened i was waiting for someone to reply a message in here but nothing happened, anyways we should probably play at someone's house or something and then play at swc so we can be better organized and stuff

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
There's a lot of people at Otay Ranch HS that play brawl and lots of them are interested in local tournaments.
well thats just awesome round them up and we will see if we can get organized for a brawl tourney here in the south bay. also can u ask if its posible to play someplace in otayranch, sometimes they let people at hilltop play in the drama room

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Anybody doing something Saturday that I can go to? I just had my plans for the weekend shot down, and I need something to do/ people to play.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
sorry people im not in the area (wooo ensenada) so im out of any smash get toghethers but can someone still try to set something up because that"friday smashfest" thing that went around the thread last week never really happened

Top Bottom