• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Peach techniques.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Dont kno why im in here cause i was gonna kehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKbKcTIlPIep this to myself but anyway. There seems to be more peach techniques then Niko discovered even though some of his stuff is not character specific.

First video. Turnip Wavepull (TW) and Turnip Cancel (TC)
As u may not have noticed, Peachs dtilt is IASA move like Marths, Ness' etc. U can cancel her dtilt with a turnip pull. What i noticed yesterday is if u time it right u will slide back while doin it. If done right u will go back a very good distance. Second in that vid is Turnip cancel. If u edgecancel ur turnip pull, it completely cancels the animation of u pulling out the turnip.

Second Video Ledgehop float (LHF)
Another thing ppl prolly havent noticed is when u jump directly from the edge ur instantly able to input commands with any character unlike melee where the animation had to finish. Due to this Peach can instanly come onto the edge floating or instantly land onto the stage. THe way to do it is grab the ledge. Hold Jump and down and ur automatically floating onto the stage wit momentum and still have ur second jump. Look at :27. U can do that then fast fall the float and be on the stage with no problem. Done right u can keep ur invinciblilty frames from the ledge.

Sorry for some of the failed attempts. While recording I was playing with the Wiimote + Nunchuk tryin it out.

Comment on what u think.

Edit: I've added 6 more vids of random tech stuff. Take a look.Techs

2nd Edit. Due to further development the dtilt can cause ANY command to make u slide back. Dtilt Cancel Glide (DCG)

As reminded by Mikey Lenetia, Peach can grab backwards from UP-b if her parasol is down. Its in one of the tech vids so check it out

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Awesome finds, seriously. I have to try these out soon, you're always such a great help :)

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
sexy. i wont be doing it cuz i despise peach but still doing a good job innovating...... i'll be playing lucario n PT a lot so i'll c if i can innovate too......... jus 1 more week :chuckle:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Save for Ledger this is definitely a strictly NYC scene thread. >_>

I don't even play Peach why am I here? ^_^

No, but seriously, good ****, Ninja.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Save for Ledger this is definitely a strictly NYC scene thread. >_>

I don't even play Peach why am I here? ^_^

No, but seriously, good ****, Ninja.
That's ironic, I didn't even notice that.

Even more ironic is that I was raised in Staten Island. Pretty strange...

But i did name them....Sarcasm?
Actually, I should have been more specific. Kudos on naming them PRACTICAL names, that are not in any way based on your screen name.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I really like the wavepull, Im sure some of us (myself included) have been doing LHF for some time. Really useful techniques none the less! Thanks a bunch.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
That's ironic, I didn't even notice that.

Even more ironic is that I was raised in Staten Island. Pretty strange...

Actually, I should have been more specific. Kudos on naming them PRACTICAL names, that are not in any way based on your screen name.
Yea the naming after themselves thing. The NinjaPull ROFL

iron blade

Smash Ace
Wavepull seems useful for spacing. I didn't know about the new ledgehop mechanics, nice find.

EDIT- Can the wavepull be interupted?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I figured out how to do the optimal wavepull...Right when peaches hand is coming back from the dtilt pull the turnip, youll get good distance...

BREAKING EDIT: This also works with slaps and smashes!! Epic mindgames!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I figured out how to do the optimal wavepull...Right when peaches hand is coming back from the dtilt pull the turnip, youll get good distance...

BREAKING EDIT: This also works with slaps and smashes!! Epic mindgames!!
Niko. I was just messing around and if timed u can slide back with ANYTHING. U can start momentum with a jump also.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Around Peach Tech Skill Fun 5 a thought race across my mind "Maybe I should pick up Peach".

Good job finding advance tech for Peach already, NinjaLink

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is why N.Y is too good when it comes to smash. Too **** good.

Now I have to recreate my style. Lets see what I can come up with.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Now I have the feeling Peach will be the IC of Brawl as soon as someone (pokes post above me) applies everything she's got.

Seriously, Peach, FTW.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Now I have the feeling Peach will be the IC of Brawl as soon as someone (pokes post above me) applies everything she's got.

Seriously, Peach, FTW.
Dont worry. Dark.Pch is on the case;)

Ninjalink breaks something, and I use it with my randomness and ******** style of play. Which is why we are too good. Tell them NL.......oh wait...I just did.......ok nvm > . >

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to sound overly negative but has anyone sat down to consider how relatively little use there is to the D-tilt slide? Peach's D-tilt is already safe if she spaces it. And afterwards, she slides backwards. So it's not like it'll help her combo or shieldpressure or anything. It'll just make the D-tilt safer. And look flashy, I guess.

Is any other character able to do this?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Not to sound overly negative but has anyone sat down to consider how relatively little use there is to the D-tilt slide? Peach's D-tilt is already safe if she spaces it. And afterwards, she slides backwards. So it's not like it'll help her combo or shieldpressure or anything. It'll just make the D-tilt safer. And look flashy, I guess.

Actually think about it. What if u dtilt and they roll. U can slide and fsmash them backwards or grab etc. Another thing is if u wanna dtilt randomly to bait them and hit them with it. Just think out the box and let ur imagination run wild otherwise i wouldnt have found out this out. Im not even a peach player just a broken technical player.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Actually think about it. What if u dtilt and they roll. U can slide and fsmash them backwards or grab etc. Another thing is if u wanna dtilt randomly to bait them and hit them with it. Just think out the box and let ur imagination run wild otherwise i wouldnt have found out this out. Im not even a peach player just a broken technical player.

Thank you. Thats what I am trying to tell people. creativity. Dont think and play by the book all the time. You your head and go wild with it. Also I can do some sweet reverse grabs. And if you wanna break free from your enemy and get space, you can use this trick as well. Hit and run tatic when the time calls for it.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace

The slide goes pretty far, pretty quickly when executed properly. And since it just adds backwards momentum in general, even to jumps, it might be an effective way to slide back and pull out a quick bair. Not to mention the fact that since you can cancel it with anything, you might just want to face away from the opponent, do a quick dtilt, slide, and fsmash them or some other move. It looks like it'd be pretty surprising.

Perhaps with more practice and better timing, you can cancel the dtilt when you'd like so that you can have a bit of control over how far you slide. Then it'd be pretty good in mixing things up.

I'm wondering the same thing myself about which other character could do this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The slide goes pretty far, pretty quickly when executed properly. And since it just adds backwards momentum in general, even to jumps, it might be an effective way to slide back and pull out a quick bair. Not to mention the fact that since you can cancel it with anything, you might just want to face away from the opponent, do a quick dtilt, slide, and fsmash them or some other move. It looks like it'd be pretty surprising.

Perhaps with more practice and better timing, you can cancel the dtilt when you'd like so that you can have a bit of control over how far you slide. Then it'd be pretty good in mixing things up.

I'm wondering the same thing myself about which other character could do this.
*gives you Peach tea for being so awsome using your head*

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats exactly what I did in the video I posted :) It works so well it is kind of scary, but sexy too.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
And maybe it seems insignificant now, but it seems to me that since you're not really inputting a motion and you're being moved by the game mechanics, you're not liable to tripping. This goes for all the gliding/sliding techniques (unless you can trip while rolling . . . ). Perhaps it's a miniscule benefit, but somewhere along the lines, somebody's going to lose a game because of tripping. This would help to prevent that somebody from being you.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would they roll through you after you use a D-tilt? It would be useful if they rolled through you before you D-tilted for some reason.

What could you bait from a D-tilt? You'll slide backwards. D-tilt into jabs for Super Armour shieldgrabs?

The dtilt slide is amazing.

You can use it for tons of spacing and it adds a bunch of room for mindgames...
I can see it being useful against Marths who shieldhop fairs.

I use it at the start of my first combo, pulling a turnip and avoiding a shieldgrab.
The D-tilt is already safe with spacing. Also, because of crappy Super Armored grab and freeze frames and the fact that the momentum isn't actually instant, I'd wager that if they timed it right, if you space it wrong, they can shieldgrab you anyway.

Thank you. Thats what I am trying to tell people. creativity. Dont think and play by the book all the time. You your head and go wild with it. Also I can do some sweet reverse grabs. And if you wanna break free from your enemy and get space, you can use this trick as well. Hit and run tatic when the time calls for it.
Why would you be able to do sweet reverse grabs from this? Unless you're D-tilt air with your back to them for some reason.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Why would you be able to do sweet reverse grabs from this? Unless you're D-tilt air with your back to them for some reason.
Is that unusual? In Melee, most Ganondorf's spent half he fight facing away from the opponent to utilize b-air and u-air. Same could go for Peach. And isn't d-tilt'ing air with your back to them to get a sweet reverse grab reason enough?

Also, I don't believe that this move slides you off edges, meaning if your back is to the ledge of the stage or a platform, you could possibly dtilt cancel into a smash for a combo. I can't tell if it's quick enough though.

You keep thinking of it as a form of retreat, but it'd probably be better used as a form of approach in the mix-up game.

Top Bottom