• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Facts

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
A little advertised fact about footstool jumping is that while you can do it more than once, there is a limit to how many times you can do it. Furthermore, this limit is different for every character. While most characters seem to have four footstools, some have three, some have five, some even have six, and one very unfortunate smasher only has two. The following chart shows amounts, and the characters that have three or five. With each jump, the height of the footstool also decays until the jump is little more than a shrug, so try to keep your footstools to one or two in one leap. Footstools reset when you land.

2: Jiggs

3: Kirby, Snake

5: Zamus, Diddy, Squirtle, Wolf, Bowser, C. Falcon

6: Fox, Sheik, Falco

All of these tests were performed on Dedede. Also, they may not be fully accurate, so if you notice that one character has more footstools, feel free to speak up. And if anyone feels up to it, video evidence of these would be nice. I don't have the equipment necessary to record, otherwise I would have done so myself.

The distinction between shorthop and full jump is also present in footstool jumps. Full jumps on grounded foes give a lot of air. Further testing will be required to see the effects on aerial footstools.

Footstooling may also be a good desyncing method for IC's -.-.

(Yes, I realize the usefulness of footstooling is debatable, and this may actually be trivial knowledge, but I think it's worth looking into just in case.)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You also cannot footstool Peach when she's floating. I assume it won't work on gliding characters either.

Top Bottom