• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extended second jump

Rykard

Smash Ace
this isnt much of a big deal but its a nice little technique that could prove to be slightly useful

basically, if you do ZSS's second jump and then up-b around the peak of the jump, you gain some extra height

that is all

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the extra boost just inherent in her B^? I know Olimar and Ivysaur get a slight boost from using their tether regardless of whether it was used at the peak of a double jump.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
Isn't the extra boost just inherent in her B^? I know Olimar and Ivysaur get a slight boost from using their tether regardless of whether it was used at the peak of a double jump.
That's true, however I think what was mentioned above describes an even larger vertical gain.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The only problem with this is I tend to use my Down-B BEFORE using my second jump, mainly because if I get hit during it, you're more easily gimped because you can't perform it again, so I like having my second jump as the real backup, rather than my Down-B.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Down B has invincibility frames. So you can take advantage of that as your last resort(i.e. do it when they attack). and the kick after down B. I tend to mix the recovery up ,maybe save down b for last jump or save second jump as last jump.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
^ that doesn't seem very practical

That way you lose the powerful attack you can perform after the Down B for recovery sweetnes.
uair is also a fairly good deterrent out of a double jump, and the double jump has better range.

I've KO'd edgehoggers with uair before.

Top Bottom