• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Giant First Brawl Smashfest Ever Thread - April 19th

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Awesome! The first tournament was a MASSIVE success. About 50-60 people showed up for starters, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the second largest turnout for a Smash tournament in New Mexico (X-Topia being the first). Not only that, but Insomnia got a whomping $300 from hosting the event. Well worth their time and space if I do say so myself, so chances are they are going to be open to having another one, though I expect all tournaments after this to have a smaller turnout.

Congratulations to Sinz, Alphabravo, and GoldenGlove for taking the top places in singles, respectively, and Team Manly (Alphabravo + Sinz), CBOB (GoldenGlove + Kashakunaki), and Greil's Mercs (Havox + Sliraobe God) for taking the top places in teams (which I believe was the most successful team tournament we've ever had), respectively.

So with good money going around, a successful tournament, and obliging venue this will become the new monthlies thread.

Also, thanks to Alphabravo, GoldenGlove, Sliraboe God, and Sinz (I'm seeing patterns here) for judging and making sure everything ran smoothly. I really appreciate it.

Times

Now then, for the true discussion. When should the next monthly be?
I'm thinking late June or early July.

Discuss.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
im thinking we need a house for like a crazy spring break smashfest, my house is WAY too small for even like 10 poeple, but yeah with all this free tim coming up, im defiantley feeling a smashfest sans lag :/

sync

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my house is too small for eight people. Believe me, I know. X_X

But it might be better to have it in a public place. *shrug*

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't think anyone's house will accomdate (enjoyably, at least) around 25 people, so I'm thinking perphaps Taylor Ranch.

Although, Chef made a point to me in a text. He said that at Itz you can rent a room. Perphaps we could rent one and just set up all our **** there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If you could do that, that would be great, Toast. Just call Itz and ask them how much it is to rent a room, for how long, and how big they are.

I asked someone else about venues we could have it at, and he said that at Insomnia you can rent the entire place out for only $35... bad... ***.

I'll go check up on that and get details. If we can get Insomnia, that would be perfect. Toast can check on Itz. If this fails I have another idea of where we could have it.

My friend Alyssa lives in a town house community center type place, and she said that she is allowed (because she lives there) to rent out their lobby for the whole day. You just put a deposit in and as long as you clean up when you're done, you get all your money back!

Let's do this thing, guys. Ask around about places we could have it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Excellent assumption. Yes it is sir. It will be geared toward all NM smashers (Sante Fe, Albuquerque, Farmington, regardless) and anyone out of staters who are interested. I'm going to such with Insomnia tomorrow.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, guys. I talked to Keith, the man at Insomnia, and we got a deal worked out. He said he is down and I just need to present him with all the details, so with that outta of the way...

I need feedback as to which dates would be most convient for all!!!

I'm thinking... April 12th. Second weekend of April.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay, guys. It's going to be April 12th or 19th hands down. Upon thinking about it more thoroughly, April 19th will be easier for me to request off and allow myself to organize everything more thoroughly, so if that date is no issue with everyone, I might actually make it the 19th.

My goal with this Smash fest is to make it the single best and most organized and fun Smash fest we've had to date. For this to be a reality, I require the cooperation of the rest of the New Mexico Smash Community (NMSC). I ask you to lend your eyes and ears as well as your opinions at all possible. Big things like these don't happen because of one person.

With that said and out of the way, I would like to ask five people something really quick like.
Steven, Kyle, David, Paul, and Erich:
Would you be official referees and judges at the Smash fest for me?

My goal for you would be rather simple. I was just wondering if you five, people that are friendly, of high calibur, and that I can trust, do a few simple task for me:
-Keep a closer eye on matches than usual and determine if anything banned or illegal is happening.
-Answer the questions of players
-Do double blinds for others
-BE THE ONLY PEOPLE TO UPDATE THE BRACKET!!! We've had problems with this in the past. Make sure that all victories and loses are reported to me or one of you.
-And this being the most important next to the bracket, keep an extra super close eye on all the Wiis. The last thing I want to happen is have a Wii stolen or broken.

Thanks in advance. If you won't be there or feel you aren't up to the job, just let me know, I can find someone else to take your spot.

Now, I'm going to start getting all the little details worked out and then see if you guys approve or not. I'll update the thread later in the day. Paul, hopefully I'll be Brawling at your house later, too.

tw1n

Smash Champion
19th sounds like a plan. you might want to copy that post into the monthly thread so more people will read it. Oh and ya I have your back Kash =D You know kyle and I will hurt anyone that touches a wii. Now one question. Where's Insomnia?

sync

Smash Apprentice
Unusually good? Like....would that be a cupcake that looks like **** but tastes divine. Or a normal cupcake that's so good you DON'T want to eat it?

But either of those dates works. I'll......bring my Wii......even though it goes against everything I believe in.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
So it's going to be a smashfest/tournament. Don't worry, if I can come then I'll definitely help you out. Too many people (including myself) having gotten something stolen in past tournaments. I really want to stop that.

sync

Smash Apprentice
So yeah.

Planning on beating a few of you.

With Lucario.

Watch the power of Aura, my friends.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Azen won a major brawl tourny with Lucario so I don't doubt it. Ya I'm skeptical about taking my wii. That wii and nunchucks will be labeled and guarded to all extreme. And no one will leave the door until we make sure everything is there lol

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
If someone steals something we should all kick him in the nuts.

If I go I can bring my Wii. I brought it to the invite in January and I still have it.

@Sync: Personally, I think Lucario (and Sonic) are hot garbage. Hopefully, you can do well with Lucario to prove me wrong.

tw1n

Smash Champion
ya Sonic makes me sad on the inside. He is so cool but has almost no killing moves, no range, and no priority :'( a tear shed for the lost. But tis all good. I still use him on occasion :D

sync

Smash Apprentice
Actually my best character is still Marth so I probably won't enter the tourney with Luc. I might ask for a few friendlies with him though. Both Davis and Destry deny me ever beating them with Lucario, so I'm hoping to prove them wrong.

I've beaten or nearly beaten everyone I've fought with him, though. But about 70% of them suck, so it isn't saying much.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm still trying to find someone I'm really good with sadly. But I shall keep improving =D

sync

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Link has gotten better though. Toon Link is a god, HAVE YOU SEEN HOW HIGH HE JUMPS?! It's freakin ridiculous.

But yeah, focusing on my Marth and Lucario right now. I like Squirtle though. He's awesome. I use him for speed and lulz, or, as Steven put it, spulz.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya my squirtle owns stuff. But he has a hard time killing. I use Marth on the side too. I'm hoping that NM will have at least one Wario main. That would be awesome =D

sync

Smash Apprentice
He has what I consider to be the best upsmash in the game, so I usually finish a stock with that.

I'm actually not that bad with Wario. He has wicked recovery and has better air accel. than Jiggs.

Top Bottom