• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Equivalent of Platform Wavelanding With Video

aho43

Smash Lord
Ok so this is a phenomena I had done a few times, but wasn't sure how I did it, or if what I thought I saw actually happened. I'd notice sometimes I'd instantly land on a platform even though I was rising up through it. This was in melee and could be done by a few characters w/ their uairs. The character that was most known for being able to do this was Samus, but Sheik was able to also. If you timed an uair just right as you go through a platform vertically you would land on it w/ no lag.

So I've seen myself and a few others do this in Brawl, but we weren't sure how it could be replicated. It seems the trick is you press down + dair right before you go through the platform. I do it with c-stick and down. In the video I post you'll notice I only do it on Smashville. I've had difficulty recreating this on any other stage, but I have done it on Lylat Cruise, Battlefield escapes me, I don't know if this only works on certain stages yet. It just seems much easier on Smashville for whatever reason. I really hope its not stage specific.
-_-

You'll also see at the end that I can't do it with Pit at all. I hadn't actually tried w/ Ganon, Falcon, or Pit, but since it worked w/ Ganon + Falcon I thought it might work w/ everyone. It might actually work with everyone, and I just fail at doing it with Pit. Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7hBIgwrfk

Edit: I think the platform has to be moving for this to work. Renders it kinda useless, cept on certain stages. Oh well.

Characters I can replicate with so far:

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Pikachu(fair works, dair does too, but he does the dair as he lands)
Marth
Game and Watch
Luigi
Diddy
Zelda
Sheik
Falco
Squirtle
Charizard(surprised it works, thought multi jumps couldn't, thats what the pattern seemed to be so far tho)
Ivysaur
Ike
Snake
Peach
Yoshi
Ganon
ICs
Dedede
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser
Wario
Toon Link
Rob
Olimar
Falcon
Lucas

Can't do it(yet)

Kirby
Pit
Metaknight
Jiggly

Coselm

Smash Ace
Some kid made a thread about this already, but he wasn't doing aerials, he was just holding down and jumping on the platform to laglessly enter into an Usmash or other attacks. Maybe you can do any aerial and cancel the lag? Situational, but not totally useless.

Top Bottom