• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Round XI Brawl Tourney Results

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
All right shawdy, this is Jaxx posting the results for final round. We had 78 people enter and here are your winners.

1st: Mike G $546 (Snake, Kirby)
2nd: Justin Wong (yea I said Justin Wong) $156 (like JW needed more loot) (Diddy, Rob)
3rd: GA Peach $78 (Dedede)
4th: DESU! :( (Dedede)

I would like to thank everyone who came out to the tourney. I, along with Scott Popular, will be hosting the brawl tourney next year as well for Final Round XII. There will be a $20 entry fee this time around, and if the numbers hit over 100 for next years tourney, I will consider breaking the pot down so that top 8 will take money home.

Also for next years tourney, we will have 2v2 teams, because we have 2 days to do the tourney. Team tourney will be $40 a team and will be standard breakdown for the loot 70 20 10, if we don't have enough teams enter, I will consider winner take all. However if we have too many teams I'll also consider top 8 getting some loot as well.

I would like to apologize for the time limit, ShinBlanka had to get us out by midnight, and even with 5min it still lasted past it. It will be 7 min next year though.

Get hype fo next year shawdy. I know you want that pimp cup.

HeartNana

Smash Cadet
The tourney itself wasn't bad, but the location was terrible. Both for smash players in the room and people out of the room. Hopefully next time they can get everything in the same room because that was way too much back-and-forth nonsense for me.

Other than that, Jaxx did a great job running the tourney. Sorry if i snapped at you with the projector thing. We (arcana) got screwed over the entire day. Got very little setups, got switched to sunday night (worst time slot) and had a top contender (justin) forfiet because he was doing too much other stuff, and a TON of prereggers decided not to enter, making our entry count really low. We also had NO setups when we got there, and for a couple hours, we were on one small TV in the corner. We managed to get a few setups for the tourney going. A lot of promises were made too, such as top 8 on big screen, which turned to top 6, which turned to top 4, which turned to losers and grand finals, which turned into getting it done on a side TV (tho that TV was awesome). It was a long day, and the reason i travelled to FR in the first place got kinda screwed over, so I was annoyed when we got kicked off, cause i figured we could at least salvage SOMETHING by having finals on the big screen. Our finals, in the end, were amazing and still worth it, so it turned out ok. At least i was able to use that anger and vent it out while playing, haha.

But yeah, sorry to my losers opponent for forfieting, i was running arcana and couldnt go back and forth that much. Even if i went back again, if i won, i would have to go back...AGAIN, which wouldn't have been worth it.

To the wolf player that owned me - GG's, i havent really gotten "owned" since i stated playing (unfortunately, as its hard to get better without other people beating you), so when you did, it was a good wake up call that if i want to get serious, i gotta step it up. Good stuff.

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
Justin Wong?!?!
Yea I said Justin Wong.

And heartnana its all good, you had to do your thing so I understand.

The best highlight of the night came when Mike G ***** this marth player with Kirby. I was laughing all night because of that. He 3 stocked his ***, it was ********.

DARKHOKAGE

Smash Rookie
good **** to everyone at fr. i was the black dude with the white shirt and hat that played lucas. alpha gundam, because of u i officially hate zss now. mgk nice diddy kong

Luigi_Factor

Florida_OWNaGe
We all know who JustinW is... but who are the other 3... I have never heard of them.

Not to rain on their parade or anything. Just unfamilar if they are not from the SouthEast

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Desu's Shoutouts~!

First off, I'd just like to say that... This tournament was awesome. I got a lot of new matchup experience. Met some cool people, even got to play some friendlies! Got my *** soundly chain-grabbed to death by a fellow penguin! Good times all around.

Now for shout outs!

GA Rules

Mike G. - Way to be amazing at Brawl, you (b)astard! I love watching your Snake play, and seeing your awesome Kirby was a pleasant surprise. But seriously... UPSMASH UPTILT RAR. Grats on your new pimp cup full of cash. ;D

Marty (GaPeach) - Way to rock me with DDD dittos, man! Your king's defensive game is just tight. Wish I could have like, counter-camped you but you're much better with that 'waddle dee mirror' than I am... For now. I'll learn the grab tricksies, too. Just you wait. JUST. YOU. WAIT. <3

Mike B. (FullMetal) - Don't see what you have against the penguin. You didn't seem to have trouble with any of your other (not Mike G) matches! You were just handing out the hot dickings. Just passin' 'em out. But in all seriousness man, thanks for the ride / ciggies and (s)hit. Always appreciated. Sorry I had to knock you out again but you're just a prince. YOU DON'T (F)UCK WITH THE KING, BABY. <3

Alpha (THE ALPHA GUNDAM) - Saw your ZSS, man. You's a BEEEAST. We need to get some friendlies some time soon.

Datman (DAT MAN) - Another ZSS that's busy bein' 2RAW. Wish I could've had more friendlies with ya.

Rodent (Gerbil) - Silly Gerbil. So busy happily tossin' his pikmin about, He didn't even see the penguin coming... Lad was 3-stocked before he knew what him 'im...
Saw you whooping *** on some other people though, so I believe a certain amount of Kudos are still in order. Keep it real, Rodent. ;D

XIF (JOHNNY 5) - Input, inpuuuut! You crazy (b)astard. You're actually starting to grow on me. Like some kind of FUNGUS or something! XD
But seriously, kinda sad I didn't get to knock yo (a)ss outta brackets. Penguins > Robots. Stay and play next time, dude!

Evan H. (PB&J) - Tsk tsk tsk. Can't believe you let Justin Wong win money. It's all your fault, man. But really, your G&W is pretty fly. Kneads moar bakon tho...

Ray (Tilt!) - You make me a proud penguin, Ray. Glad you could make it after all. Good hustle man, good hustle. ;P

Eugenio (Is delicious) - I nearly coughed up a lung laughing. AW, ****! FRUITY PEBBLES MAN. And that Mario is just smoooooth. Fireball -> Jab -> Dsmash -> Taunt combo. Too ****ing good, man. Too ****ing good.

Ethan (Dogy Samich) - You were unusually quiet this tournament, man. That, and you didn't even enter! You DID show up and hang around though. Was nice seeing you regardless of you not playing. Get some friendlies in between now and the next tournament, man.

Elliot - BEAST MODE, much? Your Ike is just so ****ed RAW. Keep that **** up.

Chaddd (ddddddd) - Your Diddy is an AAAAAAAAASS. You're still funny as hell man. Answer your phone more! We need to get some friendlies in.

Bobby - Smash drama lawlz. Snake am amazing, yes? Great nade game man, and the way you work the rocket is smooth as hell. SEE YOU NEXT GAME.

New Friends Rule

Jack G. - I enjoyed watching your matches man, your Metaknight was pretty (f)uckin' solid. Set was close as hell, and I'm glad you found the whole smash ball debacle as ludicrous as I did. Smashers are just ****ing silly sometimes. ;D
Definitely hit me up next time you're gonna be in the area, we'll get mad friendlies going.

McArthur Blunts - Man, that set was FIERCE. Your Lucario is 3 gud man, 3 gud. I actually went Lucario myself against Marty's DDD in my last match in our loser's bracket set. Didn't turn out how I'd hoped, but I didn't play Lucario to his full potential so I got Penguin-****ed. XD
Sorry I didn't get to see your GGXX:AC matches. Was looking forward to them, too.

Awesome Peeps Rule

YNO - Your Metaknight is a *******. Trying to usurp his righteous king what with that stupid penguin-poking sword and ****. Raaaar. But man... I hate to bring it up but it was just so epic... 2 seconds left. Forward smash hammer to the face... Guess all I have to say is uh... Camp more? Maybe? lol. Good ****, though! You definitely impressed me. ;D

Jistun Nowg? - MOAR BANANANANAS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWong.

Not-present people SUCK

Luis (Reflex) - Wasn't there. Like a JERK. Stupid slow-*** dragon. :( :( :(

Jack (ihavespaceballs) - You weren't there, so I was sad. I saw your name on the pre-reg list and I was all :D but then the tournament was over and you weren't there so I was all :(.

I'll add more shoutouts as I remember peeps.
Lemme know if I forgot you. I suck like that. XD

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Please stop acting gangsta, by doing that we know you arn't, also congratz JW.

lol he really is G. Jeah, hood n1ggas play smash too. Get with the hype man and calm the hate.

Justin Wong is a beast!

I'll post in full detail later.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Jack (ihavespaceballs) - You weren't there, so I was sad. I saw your name on the pre-reg list and I was all :D but then the tournament was over and you weren't there so I was all :(.
;_; I'm sorry. Chad, Myztek, and a few other local people had the district gamestop tourney on Saturday, so half our car (and our original driver) disappeared. We'll get some hawt brawlin' on soon, promise.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Mike G. rapppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Mad props to Desu and Marty as well!!!! GA is so badass. None of the OOS Brawlers could even TOUCH Mike G. It was like watching a Holy Snake Destroy All That is Wrong. LOL.

Mike G: "Rawr!"
JW: ".....wut?"
Mike G: "RAWR!!!!!"
JW: "Oh shi-!!!!!"
Mike G: *Eats a monkey and his bananas*
JW: "......."
Mike G: "........."
Mike G: "RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
I wish I wasn't busy paying attention to the other games so I could check this junk out more. I wasn't even aware Smash was going on in another room until my name was being shouted for my match. Oh well, maybe next year.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
How does one not know who Mike G is!!!

*god-angry thunder and lightning roars over yo' *****

He is a proud warrior of the crew known as....

Deadly Alliance!

P.S. - Mike I hope you were wearin' the shirt or imma bus you ova da hed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
We all know who JustinW is... but who are the other 3... I have never heard of them.

Not to rain on their parade or anything. Just unfamilar if they are not from the SouthEast

How does one not know who Mike G is!!!

*god-angry thunder and lightning roars over yo' *****

He is a proud warrior of the crew known as....

Deadly Alliance!

P.S. - Mike I hope you were wearin' the shirt or imma bus you ova da hed!
That's what im talking about. It's not like mike g isnt... amazing?
But eh, im just posting to build up my post count for 2000.

Ethan (Dogy Samich) - You were unusually quiet this tournament, man. That, and you didn't even enter! You DID show up and hang around though. Was nice seeing you regardless of you not playing. Get some friendlies in between now and the next tournament, man.
My voice was everything short of being shot at the time of the tourney. If you didnt hear me during the finals, i was actually yelling my *** off the whole time. All I had was bass, so all you could hear was "MIKE G".

As for showing up, i was there for both days, and playing brawl was the first time i played ANYTHING. Kinda sad. I punked outta friendlies in EVERYTHING.

... my voice is at like, 90% right now. XD

THAT'S WHAT'S UP!

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord

wtf mike g and ga peach are from one state up
mike g is also part of new york's devastation team

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
yea final round was amazing. so much going on at once. even tho i feel asleep for a while waiting on my first match lol.

first of desu deserves a big round of applause for timing the perfect fsmash with ddd. i still cant believe how close it was. only thing i could remember going through my mind was i need to get on that cliff. but it didnt work out. congrats tho. it was sooooo expecting that to have a 3rd round :(. dam i seriously couldnt wait 2 seconds???

to datman. i was so surprised to see how good your zamus was in friendlies when you 3 stocked me. but as the day went on i thought about my mistakes and decided mk was the best choice agaisnt yur play style. i actually didnt expect to beat you at all. but fair to dsmash works well on zamus i see:chuckle:. i do believe that your zamus is better than alphas tho.

mike blue or blue mike i think...... yea nice ddd camper. its ok tho becuase i think camping is a good fundamental stategy. somehow i kept falling into your upsmash mindgames. only johns are that luigis mansion is ***. all in all very nice ddd

pb&j man g&w is too nice. mad aeriel game. too bad we didnt play at all tho. but yea you know what it is.

and to alpha. yea uhh i got my *** whooped.

mike g..............yeaa i still dont understand your reason why your so good. congratulations

everyone else names i cant really remember. final round was hot tho.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
THANKS FOR EVERYONE COMING OUT AND MAKING FRXI A GREAT TOURNAMENT! We will try to improve on making the smash tournament bigger and better every year. This was my 1st big smash tournament. I can only learn from my mistakes and get better. I can tell you we will have atleast 2 set up's for grand finals next year and we'll get a room big enough to hold ever tournament, so when justin wong is in every final he can just walk across the room to play instead of walking across the hotel. That hotel was too small for FRXI, but i'm working on a new venue as we speak. DEtails on FRXII will be coming soon!!!!;)

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
any way we can see the bracket? i'm really curious on my placing.

i'll shout out later.
I'll ask shin about that, and see if we can get a full posting. They had some postings on the srk forums.

Desu -"Desu! Desu! Desu! Desu!"
4 people in unison - "It's ****ing Des"

More lol moments. After all of that **** fuzzin and cuzzin I did on the mic to get mofos to listen. My voice is still only at 80%.

PB&J....how the **** you let JW in the loot son!?!?! Good **** though

Oh I got a special shout out to The Will. Even though he was coughing up his guts, throwing up, and running a fever, he took out 3 people in the losers bracket before falling to Desu. Now thats good ****, he didn't use his fever as a john, and to me thats a warrior like preformance for someone shiviering and lying on the floor during his down time. I hope he gets better soon.

mac holland

Smash Cadet
Shoutz from Cinci -

DESU - **** MAN. Fierce set indeed. You're chill as ****. Cigarettes is gooooood.

PB&J - We're like, 2-2 right now if we're not counting the casuals before the tourney. I WANT GAME 5 SOMETIME. ToonLink is beast. Lucario>Ike

MikeG - GRATS on the win, man. You sir are awesome.

I came into that tourney not knowing what to expect. I did pretty well for myself and MAAYBE proved myself to be East Coast Lucario.

I'll see you guys at the next FR or the next east coast major with SSBB and GGAC.

GOOD MEETING ALLL OF YOU. SSBB tourney was so fun. If I had a Wii I'd be playng you guys online but I don't...

GA Peach

Smash Lord
fun tourney guys. i look forward to FRXII anxiously.

Mikey G - you already know you're too good, man. i'm coming for you, best believe. see ya this weekend. :)
PB&J - good stuff, mang, although i expected you in the top 3 to complete GA's dominance. it's all good, and i'll see you soon for training.
Desu - good stuff repping that penguin and getting 4th, man. we will get a lot of practice in very soon so i can work on being aggressive.
Chad - you have a very impressive Diddy and Marth, dood, and i look forward to playing with you, Eugene, and Cornel more, but you never call, haha. don't take your losses hard, man. short-term memory. :)
Bobby - Though i abhor your attitude, your Snake was pretty impressive. 5 minute time sucked for us all. i think if you got a little more aggressive with your Snake, you'll do better. you still got top 5, though, and that ain't bad.
Eugenio - i wish you would have entered. you have a pretty good Mario, and i would have loved to see how you would have done in the tourney. hopefully, i'll get to see you and the rest of the guys soon.
XIF - way to go with that ridiculously annoying ROB, lol. nah, good stuff, man. too bad you had to leave early.
to everyone at final round - you made the right choice in going. that was the most hype experience i've had in a minute. later

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
shouts outs:

mike g: you got first. lulz own. but completely expected

jwong: how you gon go play diddy and get second? l2 not be completely bananas

marty: 74 dollars ur rich

desu: mr. bye lolwhut? not enough smashballs

bobby: *run back and upsmash, set up the artillery shop*

everyone else: how you gon place lower to someone that forfeited both his losses??? c'mon i mean rly...

datman6699

Smash Journeyman
to datman. i was so surprised to see how good your zamus was in friendlies when you 3 stocked me. but as the day went on i thought about my mistakes and decided mk was the best choice agaisnt yur play style. i actually didnt expect to beat you at all. but fair to dsmash works well on zamus i see:chuckle:. i do believe that your zamus is better than alphas tho.
ya man, it worked. i saw most of those d-smashes coming though, he's just too fast.

after first round, i almost went MK, but mk dittos are gay haha.

thanks for the criticism :D

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
any full resutls
I'm glad you asked :)

Sorry for the delay.:psycho:

SSBB:
1. Mike G.-Snake
2. Justin Wong- Diddy Kong
3. Ga. Peach- King DEDEDE
4. Desu
5. XIF
5. Just111
7. Bearsarescary
7. Yuno
9. Alpha G
9. Kyle
9. Holy Snap
9. Fullmetal
13. Eclipsing
13. PB&J
13. Dat Man
13. MGK
17. Epic
17. Tilt
17. Authur McBlunts
17. NeoBlanka
17. Juggernaut
17. Namy Nam
17. Dark H.
17. Wizzlecraft
25. Tyrant
25. Lii
25. Matrix Maxx
25. C
25. Gerbil
25. CMP
25. Mystic
25. Nice1
33. Javier
33. Heartnana
33. Jack G
33. Raven Storm
33. Testiment
33. Old School
33. Jeff S.
33. Projekt
33. T Will
33. Tringy
33. Poser
33. Y-Tea
33. Humbag
33. Lilman
33. Darell T
33. captin Oliver
49. Masterchibi
49. Jaxx
49. Orlando
49. Capps Indigo
49. Lil Kong
49. BukTooth
49. Deek
49. Monkee77
49. Akemi
49. Q pops
49. double
49. Jais
49. Choco
49. Janneson
49. Tong
49. Jeron Grayson
65. KenMasters
65. Skisonic
65. Axl Kid
65. Kryian
65. Kiyokix
65. Linnku
65. Pawnd
65. Steve O
65. Ryan B
65. Virgina T
65. T McWilliams
65. Bum
65. AznSoul
65. Keits
65. April B

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
ya man, it worked. i saw most of those d-smashes coming though, he's just too fast.

after first round, i almost went MK, but mk dittos are gay haha.

thanks for the criticism :D
yea i like to call em meta-shines. due to how fast it is.

and yea mk dittos are boring.:tired:

and lmfaoo at yuno!! i couldve swore my name was ynomrah.....:rolleyes:

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Generic shout-outs:

To everyone I played- good games, I had fun!

To everyone I owned(especially that Toon Link player)- GET WRECKED, *****EZZZ! Much love to you all.

To everyone I didn't play- Good stuff, no matter what place you got. Lets make brawl a great competetive gaming scene!!!

Jaxx- You're awesome dude. We shoulda played some friendlies.

Nice1- I M2K'd your **** all over Lylat cruise. <3

Thats all! ^_^

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
and to alpha. yea uhh i got my *** whooped.
were you the marth i played against?

shot outs or something like that

Lil Kong @ Wcroff: I enjoy hanging around with you guys and stuff you guys are mad kool and thanks for cheering me on during my matches:)

Gerbil and Nice1: yall some *****z lol

People who took money home: i hate you guys lol

people who beat me: i hate you guys even more lol

people who i beat: ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA

Everyone else: Brawl is 2good XD

PB&J

Smash Hero
thanks for results larry...shout outs still coming later im lazy...anybody find out who was the marth player with the blue hoodie who destroyed this kirby player...he was black if that helps

Top Bottom