• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS's Best Stages to Worst (Every Stage Described)

Snakeee

Smash Master
My opinion on ZSS on each stage as of now. I've put plenty of tournament experience into my assesments and I believe this is pretty on point now.

Note: On the good/great/neutral sections the stages are ordered from Best to Worst
On the Bad stages section it's from Worst to Best.

Great Stages

1. Pokemon Stadium 1 - Great size, main part is pretty flat, and almost all obstacles provide great camping opportunites such as forward Bing through the obstacles and D smashing. I see this as ZSS' best all around stage, and it's even better in teams.

2. Rainbow Cruise - This is the one that I'm going to get the most "WTF" responses about. Of course people are going to say things like "she's a tether character, she'll get gimped there" However even when there is no ledge, ZSS' extremely high jumps (especially while boosting them with Up-B) and down B will still recover her almost as well if you're careful enough. This stage makes great use of both ZSS' aerial game and camping ablility. A lot of characters will have trouble moving when the stage requires them too when they have Forward B's in their faces :). Don't use this stage against characters that have a lot of jumps (except DDD)/can fly/can float.

3. Battlefield - I'd say this is overall the "saftest" stage to play on and its good against a lot of characters. You have enough room, and can utilize the platforms well. Certain characters are actually better here than ZSS is though, and you should avoid them.

Good Stages

1. Brinstar - You can make great use of the platforms, attack from under the stage, sometimes the lava saves you from a gimp, and if the stage gets destroyed you can down B wall jump on the broken sides. The sides are small so you can kill pretty early with B-air and F-air. The shape of the stage messes ZSS' attacks up a bit though.

2. Norfair - You really can't get gimped on this stage, you can do plenty of mindgames between platforms, the lava is easily avoided by ZSS by jumping high or using her down B. Also, Forward B can reach the enemy nicely on this stage and through platforms, and it's easy to hit people on the platform below you with D smash. ZSS can stall with down B excessively here. If you instantly down B backwards from one ledge, you will grab the next highest one.

3. Luigi's Mansion (don't take certain characters that make better use of the ceiling there) - you can combo really well here if you make use of the bottom part of the stage, can Up B from the bottom to the very top platform. Biggest problem is it's hard to get a kill here, though it is harder for you to die as well.

4. Delphino Plaza - The parts where you're moving on the platform is about neutral because the platforms are somewhat helpful, yet it's a bit small. Attacks through the stage are nice, but a bit risky. You can also sometimes spike people under the stage like with my signature D-smash to D-air through the stage.
The island part is nice because you can d-smash to down B spike characters through the water.
The part with several platforms is good because you can d-air people in the water over and over. And the walk off parts I'd say are very slightly a disadvantage because they sort of put you in a bad position sometimes and force you to camp.

Pictochat - The flat plane of the stage itself is good, and the obstacles mostly help ZSS. Some let you throw enemies into hazards and some you can abuse your forward b going through obstacles.

Neutral Stages
. Final Destination - Completely flat and great against characters that have no projectiles. This goes from a very good stage to a bad one when against a character that out-camps ZSS however.
Halberd - Platforms are decent on the moving part, and you can attack through the stage.The initial section is kind of annoying, and you'll often end up leaving your armor parts there :(. The part with the canon is more on the negative side too for ZSS.
3. Corneria - you can die pretty early here. However, you can camp Up B's and Up Smash from under the fin. Also, you can easily kill with up air at the top or a B-air at the edges of the stage. This stage is generally better for teams especially with a G&W partner.
4. Smashville - It's a bit small, and there's nothing really beneficial to ZSS here. The platform usually hurts more than it helps. It gives other characters extra recovery options and messes up your edge-guarding a bit. The stage is perfectly flat however, making ZSS on point with her attacks. The amount of this space becomes a bigger problem in teams, and if I were to classify it for 2 vs.2 it's a bad stage.

Bad Stages
Jungle Japes - Your Forward B...it...well you'll see... It's also hard to get kills here, though it's harder for ZSS to be killed upwards too. The one thing I like is that she can down smash- Down B spike if she catches someone in between platforms.
2. Pirate Ship - The shape of the stage is probably the most annoying part. Stay out of the water against characters with good spikes, which are probably the ones that will counterpick here. ZSS' Down B spike can come in handy at times here though.
3. Yoshi's Story - Another stage with a bad shape. The shape causes your attacks to lag and messes up your side B and paralyzer shots. The platform doesn't help too much either because of it's size. It's harder to catch someone on a platform when there's so much room on it.
3. Frigate Orpheon - the platforms on this stage aren't the best, and there's no ledge on one side of the first part. It's still a bit rare to have the missing ledge kill you though, but it definitely can limit your options if you have to recover there. Besides that there isn't too much that hinders ZSS, and it's become a bit laughable how almost everyone seems to counterpick this stage on me. :laugh:
4. Castle Siege - The first part of the stage is kind of bad and doesn't give you much room. And the walk off part and lava part are about neutral because they're long and flat which gives you mostly the same position as FD. The statues in the walk off part are a hinderance for your projectile, yet can also protect you from other projectiles. The platforms there can be useful if you happen to hit someone onto them as you can get a quick kill off the side with a b-air. There's nothing here that particularly helps ZSS, but there's a few negatives, so this is a bit of a bad stage.
4. Lylat Cruise - Again, it's the shape. This is a problem for the same reasons I said in Yoshi's, and the tilting makes that even worse. Still, this stage is useful against certain characters that you don't want to give much room against, including DDD. You can also D-smash a lot of characters while standing on top of the edge platforms.

The next stages have been banned in most of the tourney's I've been to or heard about. But, here's the descriptions for other stages that (God forbid) may be a counterpick at a tourney, courtesy of Ph00tbag.

Distant Planet - Bad
You can do a lot of neat ledge camping here, and can camp the underside of the main platform on the left side of the stage on many characters, but the slope on the left, low ceiling and close sides are all bad, bad news. Furthermore, the sinking platforms make platform camping nearly useless and severely hamper your ground game. Plus, if you begin the match on the slope, you lose your suit parts. :(

Green Hill Zone - Neutral
As long as you start near the bottom, the first stock is a lot of fun, let your suit pieces fly around the bowl. Most opponents won't even be able to touch you, and you can generally get a quick KO. Afterwords, you can generally camp the bowl with little difficulty, and can generally get easy access to the checkpoints. The main issue is that it is really hard to KO from your safe position, and to do so, you have to come out of the bowl. This telegraphs your attempt to KO and presents an opportunity for your opponent to KO you, too with those close sides. Good against characters that struggle at KOing off the top.

Yoshi's Island (Pipes) - Neutral
More suit piece fun! The progress of a match on this stage is almost exactly like one on GHZ. It's easy to gain and maintain control, but KOing is rather difficult, and your attempts to do so will often be telegraphed. The spinning boxes can be useful in improvised combos, though.

Green Greens - Neutral
This is a good stage for ZSS to camp on, and suit pieces do fairly well here. You can set off the exploding blocks at no danger to yourself, too, for easy KOs. However, the close walls and ceiling are an ever-present risk, so I'd hesitate to put it at good.

Mario Circuit - Good
This match is actually a very FD-like match. Generally, you'll do well against characters that have trouble camping you, and an even better against characters that you can combo. The close walk-off edges make Paralyzer -> grab combos really effective. Be careful against good campers, though. You can also generally get time to void two of your suit pieces here, if that's your thing, since it's hard for most characters to pressure you on this stage. This allows you to be more aggressive with the one left over.

Onett - Bad
This stage would probably be neutral if it weren't for those **** cars. They boosted the frequency with which cars drive by from Melee, so maintaining control of the bowl is much harder than with Pipes and GHZ. Thus, you often have to give up your advantage, and your opponent can capitalize on your concession.

Port Town - Horribly Horrendous (if it's legal at your tourney, ban it every time)
Few grabable ledges, cars that KO do 20% and KO at 40%, close walls and ceiling... There really is nothing that can make this stage good for you. Basically, you cannot win on this stage unless your opponent is horrible. Ban this stage in every match if your TO is allowing it.

Skyworld - Bad
Although there are plenty of opportunities for improv combos and platform mindgames, as well as out of nowhere lucky recoveries from the moving platform, this stage presents ZSS with several difficulties. For one thing, the fact that your ledges can be taken from you, the finnicky platforms that can only sometimes be passed through, and the fact that you don't have very many easy to pull off spikes make this a difficult stage to use well.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I haven't quite enough experience to make a concrete decision here, but let's look at it realistically. Zamus has two primary weaknesses that are going to dictate her counterpicks.

First, she has a tether recovery. She has other moves and tricks to help her recover, but let's be honest, she will be one of the more easily edgehogged characters-- on stages that only provide her with one ledge. For this reason, I anticipate Skyworld and Norfair (depending if they are allowed as counterpicks) would be beneficial counterpick stages for her. The opponent can't edgehog her if she can grab onto multiple ledges.

Zamus's other major weakness is she is weak when above someone. Her dair is practically useless, and dodging/evasion is about her only option as she descends. However, one more aspect to consider here is the fact that Zamus is best below someone. Zamus wants to keep her opponents in the air. So what kind of stage are we looking for that gives us that?

This is a tough decision. A stage that allows Zamus to keep her opponents up but gives her safer options of descent? When there are platforms, it actually helps Zamus get under people easier, so a stage like battlefield might give her that. Other stages that help Zamus juggle and recover probably include Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, and the Melee Pokemon Stadium (at times).

As for bad stages, I'd say FD is out. Makes descending hard for her, and without platforms, it isn't as easy to juggle. Smashville isn't so good for the same reason.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Stages I've found good and bad from tournament and casual play:

GOOD
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium 1

BAD
Lylat Cruise
Pirate Ship

NEUTRAL
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

In short, if you've noticed the pattern, ZSS's strength's show themselves on generally flat stages. Platforms are an added bonus, because her Up-B and Up-Smash penetrate through them. The reason that I have Frigate Orpheon as neither good nor bad is because on the initial platforms, ZSS can't tether recover from the right side, as there is no grabable ledge. Also, Delfino Plaza gets thrown into the neutral section as well because, depending on who you're playing against, the constant stage changes can either be to your benefit or screw you completely.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that ZSS gets generally messed up on stages that are NOT linear because most of her moves do not run parallel to the ground when the ground is sloping. Hence, on Lylat Cruise, when the ship begins to tilt a lot, your Forward-B now just penetrates into the ground or goes over your opponents head, completely demolishing all practical use.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
hmm I doubt she be easily edgehogged as opposed to olimar and ivysaur. I mean olimar really cant do anything about it. there is the edgehog counter thread as well. An expert ZSS won't be edgehogged easily.
Her Down B helps as it is an extra jumped.

You really have to be knocked pretty far for a chance to get edgehogged. IF you watch some vids of ZSS players, they find ways to deal with it. I've seen olimar get edgehogged and he was really helpless, poor dude.

What I do commonly for edgehog, hmmm, What you want to do is hit them quickly and tether recovery. Any attack will do(stun gun, side B). If properly timed they can't edgehogged. in FD she good thx to walljumping and down B jumping vertically, But in levels that are flat and have no wall underneath are pretty hard for her. But in this game there are alot of characters have recovery problems.(Snake, PT, Pit)

On the opposite side of the rainbow, she can edgehog opponents very easily with tether recovery. Plus you have the fact that she can chase your opponent pretty far as she has a third jump. SO you knock them off edge and chase and attack while they recover and edgehog them from long range with side B. Someone like Marth can't chase as far as her.

My new discovery is that maybe b stick UP B for edgeguard counter? Weird but works vertically sometimes because of the horizontal range.

What else? Umm if i was above my opponent, I would try DAIR or B stick side B.. but in general, you cant do much from above. so you can try to be defensive from above.

As for stages, yea stages with unleveled fields are a disadvantage because of her straight forward side B. Stages with platforms are an advantage. UP B and UP A with the platforms makes that good. On unleveled stages, Yoshi Island, Lylat, you are gonna have to find others ways to attack. Other character have the same problem on lylat as well.

I got admit though. I am way too positive about her though haha.

Garde

Smash Ace
k4polo and nightmaren, I totally agree with slanted stages being very difficult for ZSS due to her side+B (as well as other moves like f-smash, and d-tilt) not aiming parallel to the ground. The side+B makes sense because it can be used in the air, but the moves that can only be used on the ground don't really make sense as to why they only hit horizontally and not parallel with the ground. No point in me *****ing about it, though. I wonder if there are ways to overcome this pretty big weakness, though. It seems pretty much insurmountable against someone of equal skill and knowledge.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks for the input, but I disagree with alot of this. The flat stages aren't the best for her, especially Smashville. Platforms are more than just a bonus as its far more easier to catch people in combos with them. I agree with some of the stages thenightmaren said though, but I think Lylat Cruise is a great stage for her. The multiple platforms are very helpful, and the stage tilting will rarely mess you up. It's like saying in Melee that FoD was a bad stage for Marth because of the moving platforms. Also, like k4polo said, if you use all of her options for getting back onto the stage, it is pretty unlikely to get gimped.

Garde

Smash Ace
Snakeee, the problem with the slanted stages is that it becomes a lot more difficult to KO grounded opponents because your best KO attacks for grounded opponents will whiff. If opponents know this, they can easily position themselves in areas where you literally cannot do squat to them (without high risk of being punished) until they move from those areas.

Side+B and f-smash sweet spots will whiff on slanted ground, and ZSS does very poorly against opponents below her, so anyone that stays grounded on slanted ground has an innate advantage against ZSS since she has only one move that travels parallel to the ground, her dash attack (it's not a bad move, but having only one offensive option gives the opponent a huge advantage, especially with how effective defensive play is now).

I agree that platform stages are pretty helpful as a whole, but any stage that has slanted ground will allow for opponents to camp spots where ZSS has no safe approach.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well, in situations like that you can often still camp until the stage changes again. Also, a dash attack will not be your only option then as d smash can work wonders and d tilt is not a bad option either.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The hitbox is big enough for it to get an opponent thats on an angle below you. For one that's above you can do a JCed Upsmash.

Eten

Smash Ace
Lylat cruise is one of the worst neutral stages for her. The course tilts and layout of it makes it extremely easy to lose your suit pieces at the beginning, and the sloping can mess up a lot of her whip moves easily. I love the stage but it just doesn't work well for ZSS.

Neutral stage battlefield works out extremely well for ZSS, it just has the right sizes, stability, and most of all, perfectly placed platforms for her.

Overall, however, she's a character with good mobility and flexibility and there aren't a whole lot of stages she does poorly on. The above is just looking at neutral stages where I feel there is clearly a best and a worst. All of what feels like her BEST stages are stages with upward slopes or walls on the sides, even minor ones. They keep the pieces in and bounce them at great angles making them extremely hard to hit.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Platform stages. Period.
Battlefield and Yoshi's story is a beastly level for ZSS. Platforms for upsmash/upB/upair harrassment. And Yoshi's island have platforms on the side that can help out her ****ty recovery.

I personally don't like Final D lately due to its size and the fact that some characters are amazing at camping with projectiles.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Platform stages. Period.
Battlefield and Yoshi's story is a beastly level for ZSS. Platforms for upsmash/upB/upair harrassment. And Yoshi's island have platforms on the side that can help out her ****ty recovery.

I personally don't like Final D lately due to its size and the fact that some characters are amazing at camping with projectiles.
I agree. Yoshi's Story is great except for the fact that you can die pretty fast because of the low ceiling and sides. Characters that can kill quickly like Ike or DK seem to amplify this -_-. FD I say might be good vs. certain characters (actually maybe Ike and DK). Other than that characters with better projectiles can camp the hell out of you and obviously there are no platforms.
Also, .kR0 add me to your FC and fight me already. I've only fought one other ZSS and it wasn't even that person's main.

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
Platforms. I feel like Zamus (what with her uair, usmash, and upb) needs to be played below the opponent whenever possible, and ground game should be spent trying to get the opponent launched above you.

That being said, platform stages are god.

Even at low percentages, if you can get some uair spamming in, on stages like Battlefield, you can climb up platforms and chase with ascending/descending comboing, then try to land a tether-bair. Or if you manage to get your opponent to fall on a platform, chase with a forward B.

I can see where arguments for Final Destination/Smashville would be coming from- it's just that the stages are too linear. Aside from the FD stage stall, really the only cool trick she's got is linear range and some great edgeguarding potential (but then again, just about everybody does now), which doesn't mean **** if your opponent's got any high priority barrage attacks or projectiles.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Yoshi's Story is great except for the fact that you can die pretty fast because of the low ceiling and sides. Characters that can kill quickly like Ike or DK seem to amplify this -_-. FD I say might be good vs. certain characters (actually maybe Ike and DK). Other than that characters with better projectiles can camp the hell out of you and obviously there are no platforms.
Also, .kR0 add me to your FC and fight me already. I've only fought one other ZSS and it wasn't even that person's main.

Lol, I got wrecked yesterday by your ZSS.
How do you do things so precisely on WIFI with so much lag? I can't edgeguard you at all because the lag always **** up my DI.

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
She is terrible on Shadow Moses Island. Not because of fighting but she can't smash anyone out of there to save her life(literally!)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I tend to like Smashville more than FD because sometimes the platform can help with my approach, but that one and FD both seem to be disadvantageous stages to me. Of the other neutral stages, Lylat is a bit better, but the inability to consistently aim Plasma Whip and other linear moves makes it difficult to play on. Yoshi's Story really sucks for me, because the platform can often times get in the way of approaching a camper.

I really like Battlefield, though. The platforms make chasing people who are airborne really easy, and if someone lands above you on a platform, that's a Plasma Wire combo, right there. If they miss their tech, you can even chase with any aerial, preferably bair or uair.

I don't know what to say about counters, because we don't even really know what those are yet.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Lol, I got wrecked yesterday by your ZSS.
How do you do things so precisely on WIFI with so much lag? I can't edgeguard you at all because the lag always **** up my DI.
Lmao so you were DISCO? I wasn't sure who that was before...Well nice Ike and ZSS man. Yeah the lag does mess you up alot though (especially ZSS), I know what you mean.

Anyway, I guess we all agree on Battlefield being a good stage. I would definitely say that right now that is her best neutral stage.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Halberd is good. The floating platform is spaced nicely from the main platform, and you can rise through the main platform. Up air from under the stage kinda thing. And the stage is small, so you could grapple from one ledge to the other with relative ease.

Garde

Smash Ace
Haha, Luigi's Mansion is a nightmare in general, but I agree that ZSS has an advantage against certain characters there. I know I abuse her up+B when underneath platforms that cannot be dropped through. I also tend to destroy certain sections of the stage that ruin my up+B whoring on that stage.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I personally don't really like Norfair. Just because she can't get gimped as easily doesn't make it a good stage, and I don't think she's easily edgehogged anyway. I'm not saying it is bad, but there isn't much potential for juggling your opponents through platforms. Basically the layout of the platforms I think is not very useful for her.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I like Shadow Moses Island personally, but it's probably not going to be legal.

To me, Zamus' best kill option is via her uair, so low ceilings are good. Maybe Melee's Yoshi's? It has platforms and makes her recovery issues moot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
my imediate opinion of ZSS stages seems that I'd like stages with lips (Final destination, Lylat Cruise, Luigi's mansion) Lips seem to eat, and screw up almost every character's recovery, but tethers are fundamentally unnafected by them.

I also think that Pirate Ship could end up decent considering her Down+B and Dair spikes would result in suicide if it weren't for the water.... but, those can still be hard to get off sometimes so maby not.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I like Shadow Moses Island personally, but it's probably not going to be legal.

To me, Zamus' best kill option is via her uair, so low ceilings are good. Maybe Melee's Yoshi's? It has platforms and makes her recovery issues moot.
Good point, but that level is not even in this game DoH lmao.

my imediate opinion of ZSS stages seems that I'd like stages with lips (Final destination, Lylat Cruise, Luigi's mansion) Lips seem to eat, and screw up almost every character's recovery, but tethers are fundamentally unnafected by them.

I also think that Pirate Ship could end up decent considering her Down+B and Dair spikes would result in suicide if it weren't for the water.... but, those can still be hard to get off sometimes so maby not.
Anyone decent is not going to have too much trouble recovering because of that, and its not really a reason to make it a good stage anyway. And the spikes won't work much at all on Pirate Ship anyway....

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I tend to agree that I like Norfair. The layout seems to compliment ZSS's recovery more than any other, and the platforms still help with combos, so that is still useful, and you can use level changes to mindgame your opponent into cheap bairs. Of course, a lot of these tactics can backfire, but I think Zamus gets a slight boost here.

Also, Zamus can jump over the lava with just her two jumps. \o/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Good point, but that level is not even in this game DoH lmao.

Anyone decent is not going to have too much trouble recovering because of that, and its not really a reason to make it a good stage anyway. And the spikes won't work much at all on Pirate Ship anyway....
that's probably true, but still once in a while it can happen. Not like luigi's mansion was a bad stage for her anyway.

StarScarJenova

Smash Rookie
Worst Zamus stage, Melee Jungle Japes...I think that's what it's called. Seriously, try it. Short Hop SideB, see what happens!

SSJ

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Worst Zamus stage, Melee Jungle Japes...I think that's what it's called. Seriously, try it. Short Hop SideB, see what happens!

SSJ
That stage blows anyway. The only characters that can play well on it are campers and spammers. I'd say it should be Pit's home level much more than DKs. /Pit hate

Anyway, in my experience I tend to do very well on these stages (stars indicate best):

FD
Battlefield***
Luigi's Mansion***
Pictochat (??)
Smashville
Mario Circuit (??)
Spear Pillar*** (??????????????) - Although this stage totally SUCKS in general, it's my brother's favorite and we tend to play on it a lot for his sake. Up-b works through the floor, which is pretty interesting and can cause some problems for your opponent if you manage to get them in that position. From my experience (I've never been on the receiving end) the only way out is to manage to jump out, you can't tech out of it until very high percentages.

I do noticeably worse than usual on these stages:

Halberd - Seems to be low ceilings and close walls that give me issues. I just tend to get KOed at fairly low percentages here. But these are also FFA experiences, I have very little experience on this stage in a real match.

Port Town - This stage just sucks, really. But ZSS really isn't cut out for it, low ceilings and no way to tether while it's moving; if your midair jump and down-b don't cut it you're screwed. Cars also kill her at pretty low percentages since she is so light.

Others... most of these I don't have enough experience with to pass any real judgement:

Delfino - I personally don't like this stage, but I have done decent on it the times I've played it. Not sure if it's good/bad for her though. Probably good on most of the parts with the platforms, but not so good on others, like the island with uneven ground or the rooftops (don't remember how uneven they are)

Bridge of Eldin - I also don't like this stage, I tend to end up camping on it, and I hate camping... but it usually works. No comment, I guess.

Pirate Ship - I hate this stage, for some reason. I usually don't do well on it though, but the fighting usually doesn't take place on the platforms.

Norfair - She seems to do well here but I don't have much experience on it with her. Almost always Ike on that stage for some reason.

Lylat - I'd like to play this stage more but the people I play hate it for some reason... go figure. It seems like a good stage for her as long as she stays off the platforms and you keep an eye on the stage tilts.

Yoshi Island - seems good for her, little experience there since I don't like the size of the stage. Just too small for my liking.

Distant Planet - I do better here with ZSS than Ike, but I just never do well on this stage period, so I attempt to avoid it at this point. I'll learn it eventually.

Ice Climber stage - I've played with ZSS here once, and the only problem I had dealt with the stage layout (ice block on the right side of the center block, and the weirdly placed main platform) . She seemed to do well here... but this stage probably wouldn't be legal anyway due to the ground.

Shadow Moses Island - I do well here when I play on it, but I don't have too much experience there. Walls don't help her though since that leaves only her u-air for kills, and because of that she will probably be predictable. So, it will probably end up a poor stage for her.

Corneria - Top of the ship gives her problems, I'd say it's a difficult stage for her, but definitely not one of her worst.

Pokemon Stadium 1 - Does fine on the neutral stage and most of the transformations if I recall correctly..

Any I didn't mention I don't have any memorable experiences or they are crap stages that no one will seriously play on anyway.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ice Climber stage - I've played with ZSS here once, and the only problem I had dealt with the stage layout (ice block on the right side of the center block, and the weirdly placed main platform) . She seemed to do well here... but this stage probably wouldn't be legal anyway due to the ground.
I have a problem with the crappy ***-ledges. At least when I played there as Ike once, I couldn't grab them, which means tether recover is screwed.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks for the input Chaosblade, I agree with a good amount of them, but alot of those stages will be banned. Also, I think Halberd is a generally good stage, but probably not my first choice for a counterpick. Shadow Moses is actually a beastly stage for her in my opinion. Mostly stay on the bottom and keep your opponent at the top and Up B spam them. This stage was banned too though in my area, but not for doubles.

S-Blade

Smash Rookie
I haven't been experiencing a lot of problems on flat stages. I usually just approach with forward-short hop charged blaster (or higher if i want to dodge certain projectiles) and things end up working out. Sometimes Pit gets on my nerves on FD but usually I can get in and stay in his 45 degree deadzone with a spot dodge and well timed jumps (and sometimes a down-b forward kick for the finish if the pit player isn't out of there by then)

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I don't like stages with a lot of angles in the platforms. It makes it a little harder to sweet spot the side B. They can position themselves so that the sweetspot hits into the stage and misses completely.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I think ZSS' worst stage in my experience is toon link's stage, the floor is so uneven, its really hard to space correctly and use forward b or fsmash correctly.

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
I think that good levels for Zero Suit Samus are ones...

That have flat surfaces that don't mess with her un-parallel attack.
Various platforms that allow her to more easily approach from the air and enhance her approach from below.
Low ceilings that enhance her approach from below.

Good Stages
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (SSBB)
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza

That is really all I can say for now.

Top Bottom