• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ye Olde Skoole Puff Stuff..

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I'm flirting quite seriously w/ making a new "How to Fux w/ Amazingness Tread" for Brawl Jiggs players...

Yey or Nay?

On that note.. im almost through w/ my matchup evaluations of Diddy, Pit, ROB, Wolf, Fox, Sonic, 3D, Olimar, Zelda, Sheik, DK, MK, Marth, Snake, Ike, Wario, Mario, Luigi, Puff and Game n' Watch..

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Either you should create it and it'll be like a better version of jiggs discussion thread (better because of the name) or you should post your **** in the jiggs discussion thread, but either way, the jiggs community needs to stop being a little a ***** and show that jiggs is way better than bottom tier.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
lol.. /sigh

I'm not really that interesting in spamming the Jiggs forum like i used to about 1.5 years ago.. and to be honest i really only did it last time b/c Jigglypuff players kept PM'ing me their vids to critique, and i was just like.. "man.... i'm the ChozenOne.. i should make a thread". It seemed to work.. but i must say though that Jiggs probably isn't higher than mid tier in the new game :( with the large number of viable character choices it seems that characters like..

MetaKnight
ROB
Wolf
Fox
Lucario
Zelda
DDD
Ike
Snake
Pit
G&W
Luigi
Mario
Diddy
Olimar

.. and there's probably more....

are superior >_>

TheStig

Smash Lord
i don't care if Jigglypuff is only better than let's say yoshi. i'm still sticking with the Puff. i can combo and rest my friends with Jiggs and they even think that she's cheap. IMO i think Jigglypuff still has the best off stage game and the best recovery.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Jigg's recovery was so badly nerfed w/ the loss of directional airdodging, thats she's quite trashy in the recovery market.. not only that but w/ the added loss that you can't metoer cancel w/out using your UpB Jiggs is pretty F***ed when she's spiked. >_>

And im quite certain that ROB/MK have better off stage game than Jiggs too :(

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good.

you could take players who have no trouble beating those mentioned on the list and use there input to formulate counter strategies.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be difficult to teach people how to be good with Jiggs in Brawl since a lot of what you need to do as jiggs can be applied to every character....I mean...how are you going to teach someone to seriously look at their opponent, not get hit, and make smart decisions?

EDIT: playing against Metaknights with jiggs can be seriously frustrating since you have to work very hard for KOs where metaknights can easily spam aerials and downsmash all day long

EDIT 2: that first edit really wasn't relevant, but I just played a friend's metaknight with jiggs and felt that I had to vent my frustration lol

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
EDIT: playing against Metaknights with jiggs can be seriously frustrating since you have to work very hard for KOs where metaknights can easily spam aerials and downsmash all day long
I share your pain, my bro (who is semi-decent, nothing more) mains MK, and he just out-aerials me, I still win most of the time, but it gets frustrating having to dodge all his multi-hit aerials only to get punished for doing it a frame late. Landing is a pain, you can't edgeguard the bloody thing, his range is just long enough to keep you at a good distance and he's such a small character which makes chaining aerials or even hitting him way harder than it should be...
Seriously, it seems like all he has to do is jump at the right time and press A to counter jiggly's aerial game, but, oh well, I guess that's what secondary mains are for, and at least I get a good airdodge-training out of it.

Top Bottom