• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Problems

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I've always experienced problems when fighting peach since melee. For a time, one of my friends mained her for a while, and he usually won. Now, after some experimenting, he has started using her again. Once again, I'm having difficulties against her. I've tried many things, but they, more often than not, fail. He usually out camps me, and i often just get shield-grabbed if i try to approach. Also, peach still has crazy priority which is extremely problematic too. I'm not saying peach is the bane of olimar or anything, since i still do win a fair amount of matches, but any tips for peach would be nice.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
How the hell do you get outcamped?

She gets 1 turnip, you get 6 Pikmin (who are like ****ing carnivourous turnip beasts of doom) and you launch and pluck faster...

seriously double u tee eff

Dyyne

Smash Ace
If i just spam pikmin, it barely helps, they die fast, and do little damage. It leaves me with little to no pikmin, and open for attacking if i try to pluck. Besides, theyre fairly easy to dodge, and except for purple, have no knockback anyway so he can charge right through anyway

Pyr0

Smash Ace
1- Don't throw them all...

2- Micro them better, use the whistle, its there for a reason.

3- If someone approaches you, you have a crazy grab range, don't use it, ABUSE it!

4- Spacing, no matter who you're facing, learn to space your attacks, remember you have a disjointed hitbox.

5- If pikmin "die fast" just pluck some more while your foe kills the ones latched in her.

6- Don't just throw pikmin, do normal attacks too!

7- If the foe shields against pikmin, use that as an opening to start attacking (D-throw to F-air just plain kills)

Yeah... thats just the basic stuff... I recommend watching some of NC Echo's videos, since he has a rather good Olimar. (Now I want a freaking video camera to record my matches... :( no money, spent it on Wii + Brawl :( )

Dyyne

Smash Ace
ok, ty, i think my biggest problem is spacing, so i think im mainly going to work on that for now. thanks again.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Not really. I just usually get out prioritized in the air, and her neutral a and dash a moves are too fast to respond to if shes relatively close and i try to spam a couple pikmin. So really, i just need to work on keeping her from being too close to me, since her moves are much faster in close range, but i cant be too far,since she just charges in when i try to throw pikmin.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
oh so thats the problem

Well my friend, I think its time you are introduced into the world of SHIELD GRABBING.

Just hold your shield up, and press A, then do a down smash and follow with what ever attack you can (Normally Fair works wonders)

Do that enough times, and I assure you that Peach will stop rushing in all Rambo on you (or if she does, you can now score free damage all match :D)

Dyyne

Smash Ace
lol, ok i know what shield grabbing is and everything. However, she dodges them a lot, and sometimes shell be grabbed, but her neutral a, the slap, will sometimes actually hit me even after shes grabbed. Also, I might just suck *** at them, but most combos i can successfully do on other characters don't work on her :(.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
If she's blindly rushing in, dodge-counter with basically anything. Seriously, the fundamentals of Smash need to come into play here - punishing expected moves.

Top Bottom