• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cruel Melee Tactics

chaos1303

Smash Rookie
Cruel Melee can certainly get you down if your not an experienced player, and if you are it can still be a right old pain in the butt!!!

So if anyone would like to post tactics for getting over 10 kills in cruel to get the trophies then post it here!!

Two tactics i have seen been used:
  • With Pikachu dash across the level to round them up. Use your up+b quick attack to get over to the other side of the level then use pikachus down+b thunder to nail all 4 enemies!!
  • With Kirby jump off the level when they are near the edge and begin to float back up. When they try to attack you do his up+b attack to send them plummeting while you make it onto the edge (whether you are barely hanging on or sitting there taunting!!)

Slashed

Smash Cadet
I use Ike for it. I go to the ledge, drop down as low as I possibly can to still be able to recover, and I use his Up+B. My record on Cruel Brawl is more than 15. I need to check in a bit

chaos1303

Smash Rookie
Jiggs:
1. hang on edge
2. drop down
3. wait for them to follow.
4. go underneath battlefield to other side
5. repeat
just tried it...excellent tactic!!

may take a little getting used to droppin at the right angle to convince them to jump but it works like a charm!!

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs:
1. hang on edge
2. drop down
3. wait for them to follow.
4. go underneath battlefield to other side
5. repeat
has worked for me already... took 10 minutes
this is also the technique I used for the 15 minute brawl
It's good and easy

Another method for cruel brawl is to be kirby, float way up, then down+b and repeat that like 20 times---- you have to be pretty good w/ kirby though, it gets tricky

Bajef8

Smash Ace
be ganondorf. run to the edge and hang unto it. jump of edge and head away from sage. they (might)follow. use up-b to get back on. they may have followed, maybe not. the ones that do.........you spike em with your down aerial! and once you grab the ledge again, smack them back with your climb up a-attack and repeat.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Anothe rthing is, its seems only green Alloy can actually survive a footstool jump of the ledge, Ive killed a few Cruels with the footstool
But seriously, thse were allaccidents.
And Jiggly uner BF > FSJ

Top Bottom