• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest blocks Final Smash

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Last night, I was playing Jiggs with some friends. Since there was no pressure, I decided to look into the power of the rest move for a few matches.

Let me paint the scene for you. Smashville: 3-min match, 3 players: Wario, MetaKnight, and Jiggs.

Near the end of the match, Metaknight grabs the smashball, but I keep the pressure on him. Hoping, praying that I'll knock the ball loose, or cause him to miss. But, at a key moment, Metaknight gets the upper hand, and lines up his cape. I'm dead in the middle of the cape's kill zone, and currently in the air. Out of sheer desperation, I rest. The cape passes through me, and the attack wiffs. No darkness, no swordslash, no nothing. Just a sleeping Jigglypuff, and an extremely confused opponent.

It was totally hot.

...Until next time, true believers.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
If that holds true, that is a great discovery. I wonder if that would hold true for other characters that need that close range hit first (Ike, Link, etc.). To testing (after school)

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
You can sidestep marth's, link's, and toon link's final smash if you time it right. I haven't tried with Ike yet but I bet you could.

This rest thing is kinda neat though lol.

handy

Smash Apprentice
I just tested it in training mode. I actually works! Jigglypuff mut rest in midair for this to work, but still is hilarious how can you avoid Meta's cape by sleeping xD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Um, if any of you have played melee...

Jigglypuff has invincibility frames after Rest's initiation. Try resting a bomb-omb in melee or in brawl. You won't get hit because of the frames of invincibility.

What you basically did was just that, timed your rest so that the attack missed.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Um, if any of you have played melee...

Jigglypuff has invincibility frames after Rest's initiation. Try resting a bomb-omb in melee or in brawl. You won't get hit because of the frames of invincibility.

What you basically did was just that, timed your rest so that the attack missed.
Interesting. I never played Jiggs with a competitive mind in Melee, so this is pretty new to me.

Top Bottom