• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/30 Hard Knocks (Orlando) Brawl Results!

Dumpster

Smash Cadet
After 9+ long hours, the first Hard Knocks Brawl is over, with Iceman taking the victory over Mr. H is MARIO! (aka AfroThunder)

Here is the actual brackets as they worked out.

1: Steven_Campbell (Iceman) ($900)
2: Matthew_Mosley (Mr. H is Mario)($230)
3: Skrach8 ($10)
4: Dguy
5: Will_Frometa
5: Zach_Lajoie
7: Maximo
7: JTSnodgrass
9: pureKorea
9: Rx_
9: Mitchell_Londergan
9: Vijin
13: SheerMadness
13: Casanova
13: Christian_Aponte
13: Lee_Morgan
17: Michael_Kaye
17: RVO3
17: Ace03
17: GoldenJoe
17: Matt_Beilewech
17: QueenDVS
17: FenrirVII
17: Sin 86
25: Patrick_Bobek
25: Jose_Ornelas
25: Justin_Vandehey
25: Bane
25: Darin_Peachee
25: Juan_Debiedma
25: Simca
25: Nightblade
33: Chris_Dunn
33: Ryan_Sparks
33: Silence
33: Basilias
33: Steven_Burrage
33: Flipflop
33: Otru
33: NeoKnuckles
33: LiD
33: Phraust
33: Carlos
33: Trent_Vandeven
33: Chase
33: Gatsu Taichou
33: Collin
33: Champ
49: Alvin_Lozano
49: James_Haas
49: TonytheTiger
49: Cantido
49: WeLikeIke87
49: Pinoy
49: Jimiisama
49: Knightmare
49: GM
49: Angrylobster
49: Mythsyin
49: Raef
49: Boomy
49: Gees
49: Bliste
49: BossMagnet
65: Keith_Kelly
65: Soysaucenrice
65: de flava
65: Colin_Green
65: Resin
65: OmegaByte
65: Frames
65: ANicktoRemember
65: Mii-Kun
65: Javier_Remy
65: FlameSaw
65: CJtehBaker
65: Damany
65: PolMex23
65: Fishamin
65: Cary_Hill
65: Sonotleet
65: Bobert
65: Mediocre
65: Church
65: Zarathustra
65: VOIDHand
65: ThePennyKeeper
65: Michael_Finch
65: Iceman17
65: Nighthunter387
65: Crowe
65: SeventhSense
65: Josh_DeMoss
65: LocoJoe
65: Neoss
65: Alex_Jebailey
97: KillCount-P228
97: Sofakingjeowish
97: DestinyZero
97: Michael_Gindler
97: prkilla
97: Abs0lut
97: Hobte
97: Xavier545
97: BKizzle
97: Kuripika
97: Saber Kiwi
97: Ultraman101
97: Lesq92
97: SilentDrifterZ
97: ZX636
97: ddp86
97: JS18
97: Slynkee
97: VidKid7
97: OriginalYeti82
97: L1ghtning
97: Drew_Smithey
97: Matt_ODonnell
97: Stephen_Poindexter
97: TheLawgiver
97: Knuckle
97: Assassin8168
97: Alex13
97: Paul_Ford
97: Ryuusag
97: JPMax
97: Uriel

I definitely learned a lot about running a Smash tournament, so the next will will run a whole lot smoother. On a more positive note, thanks for coming out guys, hope you all had a good time and got home safe. Keep an eye out for our next Smash tournament!

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
My first tourney besides wifi wars, and I sucked, as expected -_-;

Big ups to Carlos and Collin(IIRC) for the matches.

It was cool to see Crom play, couldn't stay for the finals so looking forward to the vids!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
this has been the biggest serious tournament in the nation so far, said serious since gamestop doesnt count.

Florida will be **** in brawl

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Well Run tournament, Awesome Setup Dumpster. .

Sucks I had to drop out to go to Wrestlemania(Which was awesome except for how unexpectedly cold it got) but you guys have a great future with Brawl.

Some Constructive criticism if I may add some...

I know you were short staffed so can't help much on that, But it was awesome you had all the brackets set up before people even showed up. Just next time starting all stations at the same time makes a huge difference in time so it runs through smoother and faster. (Setting up stations by numbers rather then names would make it easier to spot out where they belong once they see the brackets.)

Congrats to 1st place, But I think to garner more interest from everybody that happens to be there for over 10 hours straight. There should be a bigger prize pool when there's over 100 people(Maybe a Top 8?). You can easily get some sponsorships from like Gamestop (Gift Certs, Or maybe some play cards for your place which only helps increase business).

Other then that everything was great. Glad it was a success and look forward to your next one.(Also setting up a team tourney for smash can be alot of fun and run in half the time.)

See ya next time.
Alex Jebailey

Zoro

Smash Champion
Your Tvs SUCK!!!!
they lagged and chopped up it was rediculous.
why do lan centers love gay laggy tvs!! its ok gigs does the same thing just allow us to bring our own. I know u want to prove u can do it all urself and that ur the best center or whatever but it just hurts the tournament. Next time allow us to bring tvs cuz im sure dumpster loves running tourneys for 10 hours.

any way i got 13th under christian aponte

really good tourney everyone i played, played well.

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
Your Tvs SUCK!!!!
they lagged and chopped up it was rediculous.
why do lan centers love gay laggy tvs!! its ok gigs does the same thing just allow us to bring our own. I know u want to prove u can do it all urself and that ur the best center or whatever but it just hurts the tournament. Next time allow us to bring tvs cuz im sure dumpster loves running tourneys for 10 hours.

any way i got 13th under christian aponte

really good tourney everyone i played, played well.
That wasn't the television. TV's lagging is usually a consistent lag. Some of the Wiis were JUST bought and didn't have component cables yet, so they were running interlaced pictures on their Samsungs. Given Samsungs are better televisions and won't lag as much with a 480i picture, but there'll still be some lag. The actual lag-spikes were most likely caused by the Wiis; they could've been defective (loose heatsync causing overheating?), and I let Dumpster know about it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
incredible turnout. the payout is strange lol, 10$ to third is humorous... but anyways yeah. incredible turnout.

Zoro

Smash Champion
That wasn't the television. TV's lagging is usually a consistent lag. Some of the Wiis were JUST bought and didn't have component cables yet, so they were running interlaced pictures on their Samsungs. Given Samsungs are better televisions and won't lag as much with a 480i picture, but there'll still be some lag. The actual lag-spikes were most likely caused by the Wiis; they could've been defective (loose heatsync causing overheating?), and I let Dumpster know about it.
Ok so every single Tv had a "Defective" wii

dude every tournament someone has to play on one of these "gay" tvs they are always hd lcd plasma uranium blu hyper defenition tvs . They just SUCK for s mash.Ive never played on a good one. No cables can fix it there will always be lag. we always love those big *** tvs that people can barely fit in there car.anything thats not flat. crt i think they are. If you bring in a ****ty flatscreen lcd, hd , whatever we probably wont even want to use it.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
I thought the place was great. It was incredibly comfortable compared to gigs cramped building. It felt nice and even when everyone was there it never looked overcrowded. It would have been nice to have been told what TV you would be on upon checking in. It shouldn't take long, they simply find your name, check you off and say "okay, you'll be on TV ____."

But again, great job and I hope you guys have another tourny real soon.

Zoro

Smash Champion
the venue was great

dumpster did a good job
The rules sucked and it didnt feel like a real tournament

neutrals only yay
5 min matches yay
gay *** tvs yay
using 7 out of the 9/10 tvs yay
not letting us bring our own cuz u want to feel all big and u can do everything urself yay

OTRU...

Smash Champion
suggestions:
1. Listen to us when we have something to say and maybe your tournament wont last 9 hours.
2. Allow friendlies!, that was so lame that you guys werent allowing them :(
3. Next time do pools if your tourney is that big and it will go way faster.
4. ALLOW US TO BRING TV'S AND WII'S and your tournament will be done a lot faster, trust me this is a must for any tourney.
5. Matches have to be 8 minutes.
6. Laggy tv's are not ok for smash, you need to let us bring our own tv's/wii. Lag really makes a difference. For example in a match i was playing as falco and as I was short hoping double lasering there was a huge lag spike that messed my timing up and made me forward B instead of lasering, ending in a suicide. Luckily I was ahead when this happened and still won the match but it was still scary to almost lose a match cuz of something that was out of my control.

It was really annoying having to wait 3 hours to play my loser brackets match after I was knocked out of winners.

You could setup a sign up sheet for anyone who brings a tv/wii, and at the same time tag these setups so no one steals them. We've been doing the same thing at gigabits without any sign up sheets and we've never lost anything there, but there was this other lan center that lost a wii, so its better if everything is checked in and tagged at the same time.

Conclussion: Your place could easily be the new best place for smash in FL due to its size, but as long as you guys dont listen to what we have to say we will always prefer gigabits.

BossMagnet

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I finally uploaded all the videos from finals at Hard Knocks!
They are all on Rx-'s youtube account NuclearSheep
Here are the links...

Loser Finals: Skrach vs Afro Thunder
1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zgMyAgingos
2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=wK6qmPfFeS8
3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_xiBs1ty6bU

Grand Finals: Icekid vs Afro Thunder (That's what we call him now, right?) :)
1st Set:
1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHbLG2Knmt8
2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITEM5ev3_SE
3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=CCC9NLtJBD4
4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xz_w0GwEBlw

2nd Set:
1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rq59mYg5Xyo
2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=u-yLTi87pRk
3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5mjQKfHhy4
4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gGO-dCaazRg

Gindler

Smash Champion
I did as expected for my first real tournament "/ Hopefully I'll get better as time goes on...

Good tournament though, but yeah no friendlies was a real bust, I never had a real lag problem when I played but I saw a few lag spikes should be an easy fix if you (and i hope you do) decide to do another tournament.

Zoro

Smash Champion
suggestions:
1. Listen to us when we have something to say and maybe your tournament wont last 9 hours.
2. Allow friendlies!, that was so lame that you guys werent allowing them :(
3. Next time do pools if your tourney is that big and it will go way faster.
4. ALLOW US TO BRING TV'S AND WII'S and your tournament will be done a lot faster, trust me this is a must for any tourney.
5. Matches have to be 8 minutes.
6. Laggy tv's are not ok for smash, you need to let us bring our own tv's/wii. Lag really makes a difference. For example in a match i was playing as falco and as I was short hoping double lasering there was a huge lag spike that messed my timing up and made me forward B instead of lasering, ending in a suicide. Luckily I was ahead when this happened and still won the match but it was still scary to almost lose a match cuz of something that was out of my control.

It was really annoying having to wait 3 hours to play my loser brackets match after I was knocked out of winners.

You could setup a sign up sheet for anyone who brings a tv/wii, and at the same time tag these setups so no one steals them. We've been doing the same thing at gigabits without any sign up sheets and we've never lost anything there, but there was this other lan center that lost a wii, so its better if everything is checked in and tagged at the same time.

Conclussion: Your place could easily be the new best place for smash in FL due to its size, but as long as you guys dont listen to what we have to say we will always prefer gigabits.
You speak the truth
great suggestions

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Thanks BossMagnet for putting up awesome quality videos of the final matches!!!

Top Bottom