• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
I'm in Lafayette right now and im down to play. il send you a pm with my number. Just let me know when ur free yooooo. There are a few people that are in Lafayette atm that should be down to play, just let me know and il invite all the noobz over.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
I'm at Purdue, got a copy of Melee but no GC/Wii and no one to smash with. I'm down for Brawl/64 too but melee is preferred. Anyone trying to play? I got some buddha if you wanna burn while we smash :colorful: but if you do not partake, no biggie, the thing I really want is to play some SMASH! If someone sees this, PM me, even if it's been a while since I posted.

DouglasFresh

Smash Rookie
Hey I recently watched the YouTube documentary series about melee and I really wanna play some smash and try to get better, but all my friends are jabronies. I got a gcn, controllers, and melee if anyone in the Purdue area wants to play. Message me here or friend me on fb: Doug Ueber. I live real close to campus too so it's all sorts of convenient

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Doug Ueber? It's me Carl Pinard. I miss chilling playing with you guys at Wily lmao. Good times.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
When’s the next event?
Hey man, You new around here too? I don’t recognize you but I only started coming to these SSBO’s a few weeks ago. The people who attend them are a little weird though so be prepared for that. There’s this Asian guy (not sure if he’s Chinese or Japanese) named like QUESO or something. He’s somewhat of a hothead though so be careful around him because he may want to pick a fight. There’s also this guy named Draco Malfoy I think. Yeah, he gets pissed off a little too easily so you may want to walk on eggshells around him. But I’m sure that’ll be common sense for ya and that you’ll know not to egg him on or anything, right? There’s also this little short guy. He’s THE Cunning Kitsune!! I know, there’s a celebrity in the house! There’s also this red head and black guy that I think are going out with each other because they seem to be joined at the hip. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at one of these. We should team!

Mr H

Smash Ace
Hey man, You new around here too? I don’t recognize you but I only started coming to these SSBO’s a few weeks ago. The people who attend them are a little weird though so be prepared for that. There’s this Asian guy (not sure if he’s Chinese or Japanese) named like QUESO or something. He’s somewhat of a hothead though so be careful around him because he may want to pick a fight. There’s also this guy named Draco Malfoy I think. Yeah, he gets pissed off a little too easily so you may want to walk on eggshells around him. But I’m sure that’ll be common sense for ya and that you’ll know not to egg him on or anything, right? There’s also this little short guy. He’s THE Cunning Kitsune!! I know, there’s a celebrity in the house! There’s also this red head and black guy that I think are going out with each other because they seem to be joined at the hip. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at one of these. We should team!
Hey man thanks for the reply! I look forward to seeing you at the next tourney.

Ya I think I have heard of some of these people.
Queso I believe he money matched me in n64 falcon dittos and also on guitar hero

I think I’ve met Draco Malfoy too, I’ve learned you can counter his game play with peach parasol (just a heads up Incase you play against him)

never met the cunning guy tho, does he play in tournaments?

also the red head and the black guy... you’re talking about Tom to die and Carl right? Didn’t think they were dating tho

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey man thanks for the reply! I look forward to seeing you at the next tourney.

Ya I think I have heard of some of these people.
Queso I believe he money matched me in n64 falcon dittos and also on guitar hero

I think I’ve met Draco Malfoy too, I’ve learned you can counter his game play with peach parasol (just a heads up Incase you play against him)

never met the cunning guy tho, does he play in tournaments?

also the red head and the black guy... you’re talking about Tom to die and Carl right? Didn’t think they were dating tho
Hey man, it was so cool for you to show up today for the tourney. And it’s Rodney, right? You told me your name but I couldn’t hear too well because there was this white guy with spikey hair next to us spamming game and watch‘s bell. That guy seemed...off to me. Almost robotic like. Weird. Anyway, it was awesome to meet you in person. I was a little intimidated to even come because I knew I was going to be the youngest one there. And honestly, I was a little star struck when I walked up to you today because I remember how legendary your placing at SMYM was, and figured you wouldn’t even give me the time of day.

Although I finally met you in person, I still have yet to play friendlies with this guy named ‘Fro (?). I heard a few people tell me that he plays Samus. I’ve been itching to learn and unpack the Samus/Marth matchup. I can’t wait until we play! I’m surprised he didn’t show up today. Between you and me, I think he and his family are a little tight on funds and that the $5 entry fee may be a little too steep for him :/

So yeah, until next time! It’s a bummer I always have to head back right after the tourney. If only I was able to mooch a place to crash for the weekend. But I don’t want to impose or overstay my welcome, you know? Anyway, see ya again soon!

Last edited:

Mr H

Smash Ace
Hey man, it was so cool for you to show up today for the tourney. And it’s Rodney, right? You told me your name but I couldn’t hear too well because there was this white guy with spikey hair next to us spamming game and watch‘s bell. That guy seemed...off to me. Almost robotic like. Weird. Anyway, it was awesome to meet you in person. I was a little intimidated to even come because I knew I was going to be the youngest one there. And honestly, I was a little star struck when I walked up to you today because I remember how legendary your placing at SMYM was, and figured you wouldn’t even give me the time of day.

Although I finally met you in person, I still have yet to play friendlies with this guy named ‘Fro (?). I heard a few people tell me that he plays Samus. I’ve been itching to learn and unpack the Samus/Marth matchup. I can’t wait until we play! I’m surprised he didn’t show up today. Between you and me, I think he and his family are a little tight on funds and that the $5 entry fee may be a little too steep for him :/

So yeah, until next time! It’s a bummer I always have to head back right after the tourney. If only I was able to mooch a place to crash for the weekend. But I don’t want to impose or overstay my welcome, you know? Anyway, see ya again soon!
Ya, It's Rodney. Ya it was hard to hear over the bell ringing game and watch, not sure why he turned the TV volume on max for it? I think he also plays falco too, I lost in pools to him when he counter picked me to Poke Floats(why is this stage allowed???) and timed me out literally only using lasers. Anyways it was nice talking with you about final fantasy x, glad we have the same interests in a the same small underrated indie game. Just make sure you don't forget to give me back the strategy guide I let you borrow for it!

I have yet to play 'Fro as well but from what I've seen is he really struggles with the Link match up. I saw that Malfoy guy beat him over and over with Link.
You might want to try Link instead of Marth (they both use swords). I think this guy named Bunbun(?) pays for him to enter tournaments.

I agree with you about maybe trying to mooch a place to stay for the weekend. I also drive a few hours to get to these tournaments and its often a pain to drive all the way back the same night.

Do you happen to know where I could purchase a wavebird controller? I saw a Gannon player using one the last few events. It seemed so convenient, he was able to sit anywhere and walk around while playing!

Hope to see you at the next event! (PS Thanks for driving us to Mcdonalds in your 'spadish)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ya, It's Rodney. Ya it was hard to hear over the bell ringing game and watch, not sure why he turned the TV volume on max for it? I think he also plays falco too, I lost in pools to him when he counter picked me to Poke Floats(why is this stage allowed???) and timed me out literally only using lasers. Anyways it was nice talking with you about final fantasy x, glad we have the same interests in a the same small underrated indie game. Just make sure you don't forget to give me back the strategy guide I let you borrow for it!

I have yet to play 'Fro as well but from what I've seen is he really struggles with the Link match up. I saw that Malfoy guy beat him over and over with Link.
You might want to try Link instead of Marth (they both use swords). I think this guy named Bunbun(?) pays for him to enter tournaments.

I agree with you about maybe trying to mooch a place to stay for the weekend. I also drive a few hours to get to these tournaments and its often a pain to drive all the way back the same night.

Do you happen to know where I could purchase a wavebird controller? I saw a Gannon player using one the last few events. It seemed so convenient, he was able to sit anywhere and walk around while playing!

Hope to see you at the next event! (PS Thanks for driving us to Mcdonalds in your 'spadish)
Haha, yeah those counter picks can be rough sometimes, but you don't like Poke Floats? I think those stages are fun. After all, who wouldn't enjoy battling the stage more than their opponent?

Anyway, I never did thank you properly for letting me borrow your ffx strategy guide. I'm surprised you like those types of games. I took you as like a Halo 2 player. That guide helped me a lot during my playthrough. It helped prevent me from getting lost quite so much. That game really needs to be more linear tbh. Not to brag, but my Auron deals 9999 damage and I have all the Al Bhed Primers.

Thanks for the tip about 'Fro and Malfoy. But I must say, after hearing all the yelling and cursing from those two while they were playing each other, I think it'll just be best for me to avoid playing them in friendlies. And I doubt I'd ever run into that Fro guy in bracket.

I've heard about wavebirds too. They sound pretty cool. I was actually tempted to get one because I swear my regular controller lags. And before you laugh at that, just know that there was this kid named Dylan (he goes by voorheese but I doubt that name will ever catch on) who also agreed and said that his controller lags too, and he seems pretty good so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

And no problem dude driving you to McDonalds. I was happy to drive everyone there and it's not like that one little trip is going to set off an irreversible chain of events where I will end up being the designated driver always and forever, right? That would just be silly.

Anyway, talk to ya soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom