• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Dee/doo/gordo trajectory

Buuman

Smash Ace
okay, someone posted about rolling up or down on the control stick while throwing a waddle dee to VERY slightly change the arc/trajectory it flies in, I want to add..you can actually change how far the waddle dees go (excluding the gordos-they obviously get thrown further) by tilting side B they will be thrown slightly shorter distance, than smashing side B, try it out, combine that with aiming the arc of the waddle dees..and you have a good chunk of freedom and accuracy with the waddle dee throw :chuckle:

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Ill try this out in a minute, it'll be like a stronger straightforward version of yoshi's egg. Its great if this works, for some reason I don't notice these things.

Buuman

Smash Ace
oh it works, it's a very vague difference, kinda hard to notice thats why most people dont know about it, like I said u can change both the arc and distance they go, I need to get some vids up soon, don't have the equipment atm to get vids, but me and omegablackmage, and ghetto*** had some good matches today

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Wow that's great
Btw would you guys know when waddle dees do damage besides when they hit the person while getting thrown?
I heard they do like twenty damage when they jump off the stage is that true?
(I probably should go somewhere else to ask this but you know it seemed convenient to ask it here, b/c we're talking about the same move.)

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i've noticed that sometimes my roaming waddle dees will jump and body slam on an opponent. it almost killed a Luigi at a high%. though i think there's a way to make them do this constantly. i would do a normal air and after it finished the waddle dee would jump and do a body slam on the opponent.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
i bump this because of its importance, i used to have to move around to spam waddle toss, but if you throw one at normal height and then toss another above it, the second waddle wont hit the first waddle....

its useful! alot of ddd players dont notice this, like i didnt, but everyone should take note of it...
you can control your waddles even MORE!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Semi=related to this topic from the dojo:

King Dedede’s side special move, the Waddle Dee Throw, tosses out a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, or occasionally a Gordo. The ratio that determines the frequency with which each one appears is 35:10:4 respectively.

Top Bottom