• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F air sweet spot *updated*

El Drago

Smash Cadet
Okay, so i was messing around in training mode and was getting irritated on how sometimes my F air would rock, and other times it didn't. I was looking at different guides and stuff about ganon and none really brought it up.

So i got it figured out now in case anyone else wants to know.

This move covers basically everything in front of ganon, from above to below as well. Now if this move connects with the top half, its kinda crappy, still decent damage but kinda crappy and why i think most of us avoid using it.

Now, if you connect with it anywhere between the bottom half of this move, it hits like a truck. Test it for yourself, it kills meta knight at 50% at the side of final destination. To hit grounded targets hard i find it easier to start high and NOT fast fall so it drops on their head.

This move, although laggier on finish i am starting to think is stronger than it was before!

Oh and i am posting this cause i did a lot of reading on ganon and never saw this so in case anyone else was in the dark i think they should know too.

Okay im almost 100% sure i was wrong. The reason i THOUGHT it was ownage at the bottom half was simply because of ganon's size and me trying to line up the attack with my enemy.

What seems to be right is that it has nothing to do with location or timing, but distace. If this move connects and it eats your for-arm, shoulder or body, its weak. If it hits with fist-only, its beast.

I feel bad i gave out wrong-info so im trying to correct it. Ive tested it a lot more and it really is his fist. The attack itself is short on the upward ark and pretty long on the bottom arc, so its easier to do at the bottom because his arm is stretched so much further.

This move comes out fast, but has bad starting lag and nasty ending lag, so do it in the air when options for your target is most limited. There is no room for failure with this on the ground, and since ganon's mobility is ***, i wouldnt even bother.

Anyways i was testing with %s and it KO's bowser, the heaviest dude in the game, at 80% if you are near the side of final destination (still on the stage!). Practice makes perfect, do it.

Now to work on reverse Down-B air spike >:3

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
This is good info. I almost eliminated the move from my Ganondorf, but I might use it again now with this info. Good stuff.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
yeah its not so much the timing but the placement, its still hard for ganon imo, mainly because his jumps are a complete joke.

zaf

Smash Lord
i find this move so much stronger then melee. IT has that extra kick that it was missing. And i have also noticed that it hurts more a long the bottom half of the attack. It just seems logical from a real life point of view. That the end of a punch tends to hurt more since there is more force behind it

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah...I've won matches with the sweet spotting on the f air. Definitely don't get to use it that often so when the chance comes up just gotta make sure you ace it.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
im almost positive about this but cant you cancel out the landing lag on fair by doing another fair or dair right before you land? im pretty sure ive seen my friend do it when we practice our techs and stuff

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
im almost positive about this but cant you cancel out the landing lag on fair by doing another fair or dair right before you land? im pretty sure ive seen my friend do it when we practice our techs and stuff
Hmmm...I will try it. Doesn't seem logical, though. Wouldn't you just get lag from that move? Also, there's really no time to do another move, but like I said, I'll try it.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...I will try it. Doesn't seem logical, though. Wouldn't you just get lag from that move? Also, there's really no time to do another move, but like I said, I'll try it.
I haven't been able to make this work.

Top Bottom