• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical I want the Rep System Back Topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Didn't it feel great about one year ago to be congratulated on your outstanding postage by other users of SWF.. or perhaps "disapproving" of men masquerading around in nubbie pants, which in turn did not great them exceptional writing skills. This clearly necessary system helped bring endorphins to your lovely smasher brain, and caused many a sucide attempt due to the utter idiocy of great numbers of WestCoast smashers, and Europeans alike.

I'm watching you Mr. Gideon Sir... give me back my beloved rep system.. and perhaps you too... will be "Loved By All" yet again....

Your Buddy,

Chozen XoXoXXo

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I love boards with no rep systems. The reason I left the CAD boards was because I got lowered on my rep for saying that Saint's Row is a GTA ripoff.

Rep systems are just trollbait.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
If this topic doesn't prove the need for a rep system to come back then i don't know what will... look at the EXTREME points seen posted above... it almost makes me weep.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard of a Washington accent.

I think having a rep system that would allow us to punish spammers & flamers would be a great thing. I mean look we have a thread rating system and all of the threads with a lot of serious discussion going on have good ratings.

I think it would encourage some people to think a little more before they post and perhaps actually read the threads and contribute instead of reading the title and making a point that has been addressed over and over and over again. I think it would help keep both sides in check, both veterans and newbies of these forums. We would get a lot less "stfu scrub" comments and it might cut down on "not melee 2.0, gb2 melee tourny***."

The only downside to the ratings is that populist things are often rated higher then thought out things. You can see examples of things like that everywhere. Looking at the comments on youtube for example you see a lot of the "tourny***" type insults and these often times have thumbs up ratings.

I think our community can be mature enough to reward posts that are constructive and worthwhile, even if we may not agree with them. I can think of numerous posts by a user named gluttony (sp) where I disagree with him, but he makes his points in a respectful way and they are well thought out and makes it clear that they are about his personal preference. I won't give examples of users that I think wold get bombarded with negative ratings because their posting habits speak for themselves.

I like this idea

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Do a search on.. "ChozenOne" please... then post here again.

Good Day Sir.
thats what I was hinting at I knew you had been banned also LouisLeGros our community should be mature enough but there are those who are not especially new members. If someone goes about abusing the system and people end up with bad reps they complain thus why it was abolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom