• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC Combos/Chaingrabs

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I've been recently looking through the IC guides and I've been trying a lot of the combos and chaingrabs in there. By accident, I came up with this. This could be helpful in new combos or chaingrabs, but to my knowledge, it has been discussed. At least I didn't see it on Calprinicus's Guide.

Anyways.

Chain grabs (Just make sure you don't freeze your opponent)

1) Grab
2) down b without throwing
18-24%

1) Grab
2) down b with down throwing
12-18%

or

2) down throw with delayed down b
up to 28%

Advanced

1) Grab
2) down throw
2) squall hammer
3) ice blizzard
26-33% (maybe even higher)

1) Grab
2) fsmash
3) down throw
4) squall hammer
5) down b

You could continue from there
The highest % I've ever gotten is 59%

Hope this helps anybody. :bee:

HolyChef

Smash Ace
This could be helpful in new combos or chaingrabs, but to my knowledge, it has hasn't been discussed. At least I didn't see it on Calprinicus's Guide.

:
anyway. ive seen some versions of these on the noob ic vs ike video but im not saying these are bad, because there was alot more that made that match so noobish. now i wont be using them as much as the alternating grab or dthrow->nana fair, but i'll probably have to use these against kirbys and jigglypuffs at low percents. nice finds

Froth

Smash Journeyman
anyway. ive seen some versions of these on the noob ic vs ike video but im not saying these are bad, because there was alot more that made that match so noobish. now i wont be using them as much as the alternating grab or dthrow->nana fair, but i'll probably have to use these against kirbys and jigglypuffs at low percents. nice finds
Thanks. :bee:
I feel special now.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
good find. As you guys may have realized, some times the timing for some characters is difficult with d-throw to nana forward air. I have an alternative that I use on occasion, that's not quite as flashy. Also, it's not exactly difficult to pull off, so I'm sure many of you have already used it from time to time. When you've grabbed an enemy at the edge, if you decide against d-throw to Nana fair, you could take the lazy approach that actually works better on some characters and grab with Popo, and simply jump with Nana and fair the grabbed enemy. If you're near enough the edge of a map this will still spike them. :D

Again, nothing too advanced but I figured I'd mention it for those of you that care.

Also, I've had quite a bit of luck with that Popo d-throw to Nana footstool jump... I forget who came up with that combo, it's probably on the main IC page, but it really is great once you get use to it. It's also much easier to pull off than originally thought. It's practical because it ensures that the enemy can't tech from it, and as soon as you footstool jump with Nana you can follow-up with a semi-charged fsmash with Popo finishing the victim. It's actually quite a bit flashy...

What other grab combos have you guys found?

Top Bottom