• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White Flight, a MetaKnight Wifi Montage

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpWC_s92vNk

Hot off of Windows Movie Maker! (yes, I'm too cheap to buy better video editing software).

Note, I specifically avoided calling this a combo video 'cause I don't want to start up another "combs don exits in brawl" argument. This is just an experiment to see if I could put together something entertaining out of nothing but WiFi footage.

Enjoy!

-GK

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Thanks!

I've found Dash attack -> UTilt to be pretty effective on low-ceiling stages. And I'm fairly certain UTilt actually has a better knockback than UpSmash, so I often try to save UTilt for kills and use UpSmash for damage-building.

-GK

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it has better knockback. But it's definitely about the same. The utilt has the advantage, however, of not having two weaker hits that may push them out of range of the final hit. I prefer the utilt when attacking from below a platform for this reason and the usmash in most other situations since the hitbox is much larger and it tacks on more damage.

After watching the video: I also enjoyed your use of the utilt! I may be wrong about the knockback. I haven't tested it. But what I said about when I chose to use it and why still holds true.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
I was entertained, I was mostly impressed by your accuaracy on wifi. Most mk's I face spam attacks assuming the lag mess up their opponent's spacing... You on the other hand are a very calm and patient mk...

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
By any chance, are you attending Enloe High School?
Great video and uses up UpTilt btw! ^^

nice up b's too...

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the great feedback!

To answer some individual questions/comments:

May i ask if there was much lag
-IceEmblem
Some of those matches were very laggy, others weren't. The lag on WiFi seems to fluctuate wildly for me, even over the course of several matches with the same player. The vast majority of my connections with gamebattles players have been rated yellow or worse.

By any chance, are you attending Enloe High School?
-Rawrness
Nope.

You on the other hand are a very calm and patient mk...
-El_Komosutro
I feel that's about the only way to be successful with characters like MK on WiFi. I've talked to other WiFi MK players and none of them claim to adjust their playstyle for online play. But I find that if I try to go constant pressure and rely on dodges to avoid attacks, as I would in in-person play, I get smoked. I believe that's because the several frames of lag (the severity of which tends to fluctuate during a match) make it tougher for me to time dodges correctly and I take hits that I normally wouldn't. So I try to rely more on things like mindgames and spacing.

It's a tough adjustment to make, and my terrible gamebattles record can attest to that, but I think that it'll make me a better player in the long-run than I would be if I simply learned to compensate for the lag and didn't adjust my style at all.

-GK

WIN

Smash Cadet
you know white flight refers to the movement of affluent whites from the city to the suburbs after the blacks moved in, right?

racist

Andromeda

Smash Lord
you know white flight refers to the movement of affluent whites from the city to the suburbs after the blacks moved in, right?

racist
WIN

lol seriously...

Really good use of the Utilt. I must learn how to do that. I must set the tilts to the C-stick.

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
Love the song. Goldfinger has been my fav band forever.
-Selendrile
I like 'em too.

-Win
Yep! It's also a reference to the fact that I typically play White MetaKnight, and he flies. And as an added bonus, "white" rhymes with "flight"!! It's basically the best title ever. Thanks for noticing!

Really good use of the Utilt. I must learn how to do that. I must set the tilts to the C-stick.
-Andromeda
Thanks! I keep my c-stick set to smash, and just turn tap-jump off to help with my u-tilts. I <3 MK's tilts. Lately I've been trying to incorporate d-tilt into my game more, and it's working well.

Thanks for watching!

-GK

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Great use of uTilt, i don't have any criticisms i guess you saved all the best parts, nice editing and good music, plz post some comments on my thread i'd appreciate some advice from you

Top Bottom