• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance techs With Peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see lots of threads mostly about this new so called wavedash and all when its all the same thing, just different names. So I am gonna list all the advance techs and stuff Peach can do here.

Discovered by Dark.Pch:

Psuedo-Wavedash:

"The first thing I found out that Peach has somewhat of a wavedash. kinda. Her Second jump does not really send here anywhere. She kinda stays in place. So I While Jumping I hold the stick down left or down right. She slighty moves in that direction and faces in that direction too. and she shield sightly comes up. So you run and then soon as you jump, hold down or down and ether left or right to the stage. she stops nearly dead in her tracks."

This had been edit cause in the advance techs thread for brawl I but that you use your air dodge. I was hitting L and R but realized later that it has nothing to do with it at all. Just jump and the stick is all you need.

Variation:

"another thing I found out I is that you can use her second jump for a quick stop and move in a direction you want. I think she slides a lil too. All you do is Jump, then tap the button again really quick and aim in the spot you wanna move. I guess it can be somewhat Double jump cancel but not really cause her Second jump has no height.. So when you use her second Jump you stay in place so tap it fast and then aim the stick in the direction you wanna move."

Pretty much the same thing But yea....

Pillar:

"Last thing I found out is that Peach can somewhat pillar. You Instant float, Nair and land and repeat. Her N-air does not have much lag. and you can pillar like fight on the floor like if you was standing since her second jump really does nothing. So not to be close to the floor you have to time your first then instand float to a Nair, land and repeat. But if you Instant float right while you are on the floor and Pillar its alot more faster."

Discovered by Niko K:

Bomber Edge-Cancel to Sweetspot:

"In this video response to my Bomber Mindgame, I figure out a way to perfectly space the peach bomber to sweetspot the ledge bombing from the stage.

To do this you press Over B in the direction of the ledge inbetween the V Shapes...AS SOON AS you press over b, jerk and hold the joystick in the opposite direction, you should notice peach withdraw before boming and if spaced correctly you will sweetspot the edge.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqL_h12v3Gs"

Fair at the edge:

" This is a new lure type of mindgame I thought of and Im uploading to show the community for criticsm. Not taking credit if already thought of.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHt3VIJBh-E"

Discovered by NinjaLink:

Turnip wavepull:

"Turnip Wavepull (TW) and Turnip Cancel (TC)
As u may not have noticed, Peachs dtilt is IASA move like Marths, Ness' etc. U can cancel her dtilt with a turnip pull. What i noticed yesterday is if u time it right u will slide back while doin it. If done right u will go back a very good distance. Second in that vid is Turnip cancel. If u edgecancel ur turnip pull, it completely cancels the animation of u pulling out the turnip."

Ledge hope Float:

" Ledgehop float (LHF)
Another thing ppl prolly havent noticed is when u jump directly from the edge ur instantly able to input commands with any character unlike melee where the animation had to finish. Due to this Peach can instanly come onto the edge floating or instantly land onto the stage. THe way to do it is grab the ledge. Hold Jump and down and ur automatically floating onto the stage wit momentum and still have ur second jump. Look at :27. U can do that then fast fall the float and be on the stage with no problem. Done right u can keep ur invinciblilty frames from the ledge. "

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Here's another one for the list...

Edge Canceled Turnip:

You need to be in full dash animation to do this. Simply run towards the edge, and press down B with the right timming (just before Peach goes airborne). Peach will have no animation at all, but she will still get the turnip out. Very good for edgeguarding with turnips. I usually get the turnip out very fast, drop it instantly with Z, and grab the edge for edgeguarding. If someone has a way of recording and uploading this then do so, it's very simple to do. Works in platforms too, depending the size of them.

I tried this in Melee (long ago before Brawl was out btw) but it was somewhat useless since Peach had her complete pulling animation, but the difference was that she did it in the air.

Edit: Whooops that was already in the post. Sorry my bad I didn't realize it was there until now. :embarrass

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here's another one for the list...

Edge Canceled Turnip:

You need to be in full dash animation to do this. Simply run towards the edge, and press down B with the right timming (just before Peach goes airborne). Peach will have no animation at all, but she will still get the turnip out. Very good for edgeguarding with turnips. I usually get the turnip out very fast, drop it instantly with Z, and grab the edge for edgeguarding. If someone has a way of recording and uploading this then do so, it's very simple to do. Works in platforms too, depending the size of them.

I tried this in Melee (long ago before Brawl was out btw) but it was somewhat useless since Peach had her complete pulling animation, but the difference was that she did it in the air.
That tech is already posted. It was found by NinjaLink.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i found some stuff out for the turnip wavepull (if anyone already knows this i'll just be stating whats already known) its mostly about the gliding distance if u pull a turnip right after the dtilt but if u wait till she brings her arm back to her side and then pull she will travel considerably farther

Edit: oh ok so im just preaching to the choir then

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i found some stuff out for the turnip wavepull (if anyone already knows this i'll just be stating whats already known) its mostly about the gliding distance if u pull a turnip right after the dtilt but if u wait till she brings her arm back to her side and then pull she will travel considerably farther
NinjaLink has vids of himself doing that on his account.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
oh btw on the "psudo Wavedash" i have been testing it out and i think she might be able to connect a few bairs for a backwards advance on the opponent, plus if u let go of her floating while doing a bair she travels alittle bit backwards. but i still need to test it and see if it is effective at all in combat

Villi

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to test this super effectively because I don't have another set of hands, but it may or may not have potential.

If you're floating at ground-level and are holding down on the control stick and you're hit by some attacks like Marth's F-Smash (but not his U-Smash) -- instead of being knocked away at the normal trajectory of the attack, you'll hit the ground and skid across and then off the stage. It seems to reduce the knockback; and I wonder if, since you're hitting the ground, it's possible to tech to save yourself. I'm not great at teching, myself.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
From my understanding, Peach CANNOT PILLAR/do multiple nairs and repeat without getting punished in Brawl (because of the new shield system and because nair has been nerfed and there is no FC). If you have found a way to remove the lag off of Peach's nair or something, then could you provide a link to a video? Thx. -_-;

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude, Peach can pilar, not as fast as melee but she can do it. I have done it many times before, and her pillar is not only Nairs to nairs. It can be Nair>Jab>Nair>Repeat. So yea............

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Dude, Peach can pilar, not as fast as melee but she can do it. I have done it many times before, and her pillar is not only Nairs to nairs. It can be Nair>Jab>Nair>Repeat. So yea............
???? Its not a pillar if you can get punished while doing it.

Nair>Jab>repeat is a melee tactic only. The imitation of that pillar doesn't work in brawl. Unless you happen to have a tournament video with a Peach doing the "pillar" successfully in multiple matches...^_^

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
even though fc has been taken out peach can still pillar. also the lag on the nair is close to nothing so its not very easily punishable

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
the nair>jab pillar combo is still usable in brawl. but its only good a low percents. and if the nair had the landing lag of a non auto canceled fair then ill be convinced that you cant pillar with peach in brawl

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
-_-; Brawl's "pillar" is not a pillar cuz you can get grabbed even if you do it correctly. In melee, if you pillar correctly then you can't get grabbed (although you can get up-B'd by boozer or samus). If you have a video of Peach doing this "pillar" in Brawl, that'd be nice.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
me and dark have a few vids that have us pillaring but they will probaly be up tomorrow, not trying to start a argument or anything but u only get grabbed while pillaring if u get shield grabbed and that happens in melee too

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
me and dark have a few vids that have us pillaring but they will probaly be up tomorrow, not trying to start a argument or anything but u only get grabbed while pillaring if u get shield grabbed and that happens in melee too
Lolz, I was just too amazed there was a pillar in Brawl, and I was craving for a video for it! xD No harm intended, lolz. :laugh:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lolz, I was just too amazed there was a pillar in Brawl, and I was craving for a video for it! xD No harm intended, lolz. :laugh:
Usually a pillar goes up an down. For those who don't know, this is what a pillar looks like.

And would everyone appreciate it if I made a video with EVERY peach tech in it + their uses? I can easily do that tonight if wanted...I need to commend my 250k views on youtube with a good video so I figured that would be a good way to do so.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And would everyone appreciate it if I made a video with EVERY peach tech in it + their uses? I can easily do that tonight if wanted...I need to commend my 250k views on youtube with a good video so I figured that would be a good way to do so.
Me and PeachKid kinda made a video like that yesterday. In a match that we were fighting in we , just started going ******** and started doing some advance techs.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I meant an instructional. So that instead of referring to ten different videos you can watch one.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
I meant an instructional. So that instead of referring to ten different videos you can watch one.
Niko.. We should cook up a little diagram system so in the videos you have have a little picture-in-picture box, showing what you're actually doing on the controller. Or actually record a video of your hands moving, and sync that video and the captured video on screen. Mass helpful probably.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats exactly what I had in mind. I want to show all the situational uses for each technique as well.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Well as an avid peach fan i would love to see this video. I knew she would be great in brawl one way or another, it just takes time.

BTW i would like FCs from Peachkid Niko and anyone else willing to play with me ^.^ GO PEACH^.^

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I found a way to cancel Peach's dash and do anything out of it (it's quicker than shielding). But I don't know if it has been discovered and/or discussed.

Do you remember this?

It's basically doing this one time during your dash. After that you can do slaps, ftilts, fsmash, dsmash and utilts.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i don't understand the wavepull....

Im currently at a school computer..and it's blocking the video so..to re-inerate..

does it have you scoot back a distance when you pull? does it make the pull come out faster?

Or is is a bit of both?

Top Bottom