• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'You guys are gonna love me...' - The Movie!

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the title, but I have no idea what Hylian decided to call this ^^;

This is for everyone who wanted to see his chaingrab in action.

Anyway, when I told him I uploaded the video for him he told me to just open a new thread to show it, as to not get lost in 9 pages of just wondering around the bush.
So, yea, I finally recieved it and now it's up on you Youtube;
Hylian's Uber Chaingrab(I take no credit obviously =P)

P.s. That's my 5 years old brother at the end asking if this is a re-run of the 'show' he just saw on the TV, when seeing it on the camera's screen, just ignore it =P

P.s. 2 Hylian, when you get on, tell me what you want to name this so I can put it in the first post(And title ><).

Rykard

Smash Ace
simply awesome. thats all that there needs to be said about this.

unless someone thinks of a more creative way to say it

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to agree w/ Void here. This was way overhyped, and it isn't a "new awesomeomg find". We all knew about this. All he did was just put it in a different order.

I am in no way bashing Hylian, though. I'm just saying that this isn't a "new find".

Directed @ TC & vid description.

@Hylian: GGs Hylian, keep up the good work and maybe you'll find something new; who knows?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't name it because it already has a name. Alternating throws/grabs.

All I did was use a very efficient method of doing them.

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
Yeah... it was overhyped. >_<;; But it's still awesome! Nice find Hylian, I'll try it out right now! =D

rjo

Smash Rookie
How do you regrab with popo without pivot grabbing?
I can only pull of the back to back to back with the pivot

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
I tried it, and I'm having a little bit trouble. =( I can alt. throw to Nana, but when I alt. throw to Popo, I can only do it like 50% of the time. I'm having trouble going pass Nana with Popo and turning around to catch the grab... Nana always does a forward throw. Maybe I'm tilting the control stick to hard? =(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Throwing to popo is a bit trickey without the pivot. You need to make popo walk twoards nana first, them right when he gets to her move the control stick as to make nana bthrow, and it will make popo turn around and be perfectly spaced for an easy grab.

Also, you need to be fast enough so that your opponent doesnt break out.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That is really awesome and masterfully executed.

But you guys realize that is SO going to be banned at tourneys.
It will not be banned lol. It's too hard, and the timing is different for every character.

Also, I spent several hours practicing before i could even do this 3 times in a row.

Once you learn the timing for the bthrow it gets wayyy eaiser.

orintemple

Smash Lord
It will not be banned lol. It's too hard, and the timing is different for every character.

Also, I spent several hours practicing before i could even do this 3 times in a row.

Once you learn the timing for the bthrow it gets wayyy eaiser.
It may go the way of Wobbling, some ban it some don't. But I think that once people get good at it, it may be banned. No matter how hard it is eventually people will become good enough at it to do it consistently to every character. I have no doubt that you will be completely destroying EVERYONE even more so than you already do because of this grab.

Everyone make sure not to get grabbed by ICs or you lose.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rohins and bizzaro flame <3.

I can't do this online, so my ICs are significantly worse because I cant do half of my chaingrabs and desynchs.

So when I play ICs online I find it great practice because I am fighting without relying on my grabs, making me better overall.
GGs guys :). I still have a lot of work to do with my ICs. I have only been playing them for a week, so I need experience.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
It may go the way of Wobbling, some ban it some don't. But I think that once people get good at it, it may be banned. No matter how hard it is eventually people will become good enough at it to do it consistently to every character. I have no doubt that you will be completely destroying EVERYONE even more so than you already do because of this grab.

Everyone make sure not to get grabbed by ICs or you lose.
This wont be banned, and it shouldnt be banned. During the chain grab there are opportunities to struggle out, it just depends on how fast the opponent can react. In the CG hylian does, there is enough time to struggle out before nana can walk behind marth and grab popo's backthrow. I'd say before 60%~70%.

And this is a lot harder to do than wobbling, in my opinion. because wobbling is the same method and timing against every character. Once you start the wobble, you don't have to worry about anything except pressing A at the same intervals, then finish off with a smash at any percent. However, for the alternate grab in brawl, the grab timing changes for different characters and percentages. You also have to pay attention where you are on the level during the CG. Well, I made this comparison because I can do both.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This wont be banned, and it shouldnt be banned. During the chain grab there are opportunities to struggle out, it just depends on how fast the opponent can react. In the CG hylian does, there is enough time to struggle out before nana can walk behind marth and grab popo's backthrow. I'd say before 60%~70%.
>_>. I can do it faster lol. I have replays. I find they can only struggle out before 35%. And you can just dthrow fair them to that damage.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Like it was said too many times before, if you find this too hard you should try different methods and what what is the easiest for you, I find that the easiest alternate grab by far is dthrow then dashgrab at the correct moment so if you have trouble doing Nana-to-Popo use this method and for Popo-to-Nana use a different method.

Some usefull info (More like fixing incorrect info that I gave in my Snowstorm video.. :():

1. Weight does not (Or barely) affects the length of the forward throw animation.
2. Weight somewhat affects the length of the back throw animation.
3. Weight greatly affects the length of the down throw animation.
4. The more heavy your opponent is, the easier it is to do alternate bthrow at high percentage (Atleast I find it easier).

Lots of tips & info coming up in a thread or a video, good luck peepz.

EDIT: Fixed info.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the main advantage to this throw combo is that it takes up virtually no space on the map. Still, its best to learn all of the throw combos so you can mix them up so you can improvise different throw combinations for different situations.

Edit: man, its hard to figure out which one is Nana and which is Popo. They look too much alike!!! :laugh:

Is Popo doing the back throw and Nana doing the down throw?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, the main advantage to this throw combo is that it takes up virtually no space on the map. Still, its best to learn all of the throw combos so you can mix them up so you can improvise different throw combinations for different situations.

Edit: man, its hard to figure out which one is Nana and which is Popo. They look too much alike!!! :laugh:

Is Popo doing the back throw and Nana doing the down throw?
Popo Dthrows to nana. Nana bthrows to popo. Repeat.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LMAO this is why i was harsh on the first thread "omg itz oober secret"
no. its nothing different, its really just alt grabbing.

i still dont get how this whole misunderstanding happened, and i dont get why people are embracing this as hylians

Because I am doing back throws with nana to popo without pivoting...Which IS new. Also, you dont have to move around the stage this way. Also, its not just a bunch of random alt throws, it's something that someone could watch and then go practice doing it reliably.

Also, I have said several times that you would be fine learning any series of alt throws, I am just presenting a good sequence to use, as well as the introduction of popo grabbing out of nanas bthrow without pivoting. I never tried to name it. I never said to use this over other alt throws. I just kind of threw it out there to see what the community thought of it.

Miller

Smash Lord
AMBROSE I didnt know you mained IC aswell, Cya on the weekend buddy ;)

And Intense combo Hylian, Makes me want to practice more

And could you give me a little tip on the down throw part, like whats the timing?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sweet stuff. Definetly shouldn't be banned. Just don't get grabbed when fighting the Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom