• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New chaingrab?

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
ok guys this is what I got.

how I found:
OK so my friend plays as bowser. I tried the f-air chaingrab and it's hard to do since nana can't jump high enough all the time for the spike. So while playing I relized this and attempted. . . mid way through I though "bad iidea" and hit 'b' instead of 'a'. This caused nana to go into a squall hammer that carried the big green beast forward. after the popo's grab animation finished I dashed forward for the regrab. this only works 'till about 40% (around same % as the f-air chain before it smacks them to the ground.)

how to do:
grab -> throw down-> short hop -> squall hammer immediately -> press/hold forward 'till popo's grab animation finishs -> dash into a grab

issues?:
Is this common knowledge to other IC players? From what I tested the squall hammer is still spinning fast enough for the chain to work 'till about 40% (2 times) before the opponent can DI out. Does this work on all characters? I tested it out on most , but more effective on other characters like Bowser, king d3, DK, and R.O.B.

if this has already been tested and it doesn't chain like I think sorry for the post and I will delete.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Well Ima edit when I can test this but the Fair cg is ALLWAYS possible. Nana doesnt need 2 "Jump high enuf", if yur havin that problem wit it, try short hoppin ealier, the higher and later u jump the more time the oppenent haz 2 DI out of the combo. So its betta 2 jump faster than sooner..Even after the Fair lays em down, u can immediatly "Block Lock" makin the Fair Cg pretty consistent. AND when they get close 2 t3h edge u can short hop yur blocks 2 get 2 em b4 they go off, dthrow, shorthop, Fair Turn around thingy while DIing towards the edge and do the same exact thing back across the stage.. IDK if this iz a ifinite, prob not.. but.. lolz this is jus a theory really.. think dmg plays a BIG role in something like dis.. Ima look into it..

But anyway, Ima try yur Cg the soonest I can..

Top Bottom